AVS Forum banner

Goliath on Amazon Prime

11K views 134 replies 55 participants last post by  danlshane 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#3 ·
I have seen the first two episodes. Very good. For 4K and HDR, it looks better than anything I have seen in streaming so far - very good and varied colors and good and realistic sunlight scenes and the resolution is very sharp, even the backdrops of most scenes are in focus and sharp.

#4 ·
I've seen the first three episodes and this is a very good series. My weekends are usually for movies, but this has me hooked. An event at the end of episode two sealed the deal. What a shocker. No spoilers from me. Watch the show.

Looks like I will be watching the last five episodes on Sunday. It is that good. Much better than most of the Netflix shows.

#5 ·
I agree with some critics that the basic premise and story are a bit preposterous, but I don't think it really matters. Its still a fantastic collection of characters and dialog of a quality you rarely see. I'd put this up there with Bosch.

#6 ·
I binge-watched all eight episodes yesterday and today. Really excellent, and one of Billy Bob Thornton's best roles ever. By a small margin, I like him better in this series than on Fargo.

Hopefully, it'll have additional seasons. FWIW, eight episodes was perfect for this story arc, no filler material needed.

#12 ·
Great cast and David E. Kelley is involved as well.

I'm on the 2nd episode and really liking it so far.

Happy to see that filming in LA is back in style lately! (I guess Amazon doesn't like the rains in B.C.)

That defense contractor location is in my neck of the woods at the former Hughes Aircraft campus by the Chatsworth reservoir. (drained due to earthquake fault).

and I agree that Tania has grown into a very beautiful woman! :)

#14 ·
A friend suggested this and I binged watched it. I thoroughly enjoyed it! However, if I can nit-pick, I was somewhat let down by the ending/wrap-up given the way the rest of the story was written - not the fact that since the series exists we knew what the verdict would be. :)

#15 ·
Goliath — Amazon Series

Billy Bob Thornton in one of his excellent roles. He is a fallen star lawyer seeking to redeem himself pitched against the giant law firm he helped build. William Hurt is his old partner and arch enemy out to destroy him. Set in Miami, it revolves around a civil law suit from the mysterious death of an employee of a defense contractor represented by Hurt's firm hiding secrets at any cost.

I have only the first episode (of eight) under my belt and my wife and I are hooked. Highly recommended for Billy Bob fans.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/reviews/goliath-tv-review-billy-bob-thornton-amazon-1201877986/

Reactions: Garrett Adams
#17 ·
Billy Bob Thornton in one of his excellent roles. He is a fallen star lawyer seeking to redeem himself pitched against the giant law firm he helped build. William Hurt is his old partner and arch enemy out to destroy him. Set in Miami, it revolves around a civil law suit from the mysterious death of an employee of a defense contractor represented by Hurt's firm hiding secrets at any cost.

I have only the first episode (of eight) under my belt and my wife and I are hooked. Highly recommended for Billy Bob fans.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/reviews/goliath-tv-review-billy-bob-thornton-amazon-1201877986/
Miami? ;)

#23 · (Edited)
There's a basic conflict left at the end, it seems to me.

you could settle and get the $50M or ruin the company with using the FBI, but you could not do both. The show left the impression he did both.

When I tried cases as a prosecutor, I thought a big win was when the family of the criminal ran from the courtroom screaming and wailing. But in this case Billy leaving his antagonists as a near vegetable and another one fired, ruining the evil corporation and taking home $50M for his client and himself was a win among wins.

#25 ·
A solidly entertaining show. Great characters and storyline. Finished it up last night in 2 episode binge.

Could Billy Bob Thornton return for another season with a different case? Sure, why not?

After all he's already finished Bad Santa 2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.