AVS Forum banner

2017 F1 Racing in HD

80K views 3K replies 65 participants last post by  Bond 007 
#1 · (Edited)
For all F1 fans except ones that dont love Ferrari.

Dedicated to Steve Wishinsky 1966-2016
RIP

#5 ·
Actually, no worries about the Scuderia. They have identified the problem. It's that whiney German ***** and the alcoholic Finn that are holding them back.

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/18324244/sergio-marchionne-ferrari-drivers-scrutiny-2017

Mr. Marchionne is pretending he is Enzo Ferrari, except Enzo could threaten his drivers because he was on occasion able to give his driver's competitive cars. Perhaps in 2017 they will prove that spaghetti culture can indeed produce a winning car.

#13 ·
Actually, no worries about the Scuderia. They have identified the problem. It's that whiney German ***** and the alcoholic Finn that are holding them back.

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/18324244/sergio-marchionne-ferrari-drivers-scrutiny-2017

Mr. Marchionne is pretending he is Enzo Ferrari, except Enzo could threaten his drivers because he was on occasion able to give his driver's competitive cars. Perhaps in 2017 they will prove that spaghetti culture can indeed produce a winning car.

Ferrari is out of control. The car isn't getting any better, they alienate the one guy that was doing something about it. They're going to pass on Lowe because he's a "Foreign Mercenary". Sergio is out of his element but he's SO powerful that nobody will say a thing. It sucks because their PU is right there. They just can't keep tires on the thing.

Kimi and Vettel don't strike me as people that would respond very favorably to Serg's brand of motivation. I'd love to know what Schuey would have thought about this.

#7 ·
Gotta root for a RED car dammit!!!!!

While I am on the subject of a red car, colors should be mandated to make F1 better on the eyes. I loved the Caterham green color, plus we need some neon colors, some yellow cars, some orange cars, etc.

Anyway, i was just about to post in the 2016 thread that we need a new thread for 2017, and here we are!!! Now i need some racing, i hate this time of year, i am in double withdrawal, no F1 races and no baseball, i cant stand it!!!!!!

#9 ·
First year since the early 1980's that I didn't watch much F1 after the first few races when it became clear is was a Mercedes' series. F1 has become too boring, 9 times out of 10, whoever wins qualifying usually determines who will win the race. Hopefully changes are coming for the 2017 season, but I'm finding Indycar and IMSA to be much more enjoyable series to watch.

#10 ·
I'm in. Also hope that there will be more competitive teams.;)
Hope to see more great performances from Max.

Reactions: BGLeduc
#22 ·
#34 ·
its been below 2 since about 1990. Cars have gained A large amount of weight since 1990

#48 ·
#57 ·
I don't agree with any of that. He's been racing for umpteen years. He got what he was trying to get since he could remember. WC in F1 is nothing to sneeze at no matter the circumstances. He obviously put a lock down on his emotions last year and grinded Lewis down. The thought of being in that toxic situation with that toxic dude for another year probably made him physically ill. Go forth Nico, have babies and enjoy your life.

For all of Lewis' excuses, he KNOWS he got handled. Outright speed or not, doesn't matter. HAM will never forget that the little German dude got the best of him. In HAM's mind, he's so great that he should be able to suffer multiple DNFs and still beat that blonde kid. It's KILLING him. Not slamming HAM here, that's how those guys think. After getting beat since they started together, Nico did the one thing that would leave the dagger in HAM's heart forever. HAM will be 85 and still feel crappy about that season and Nico can quietly lord it over him in perpetuity.

The Sennas, Prosts, Schu's, Hamiltons, Alonsos of the world wouldn't do what he did, of course. That doesn't make it bad though. It just makes it interesting.

#63 ·
It is a defining year for Bottas. If he is competitive, then he has a chance at the championship. If not, then he could be back on the driver market next year. Unfortunately, he only has half a year to prove it. Vettel and Alonso could be ready to sign by then.

Of course, this is all with the understanding that Merc is still the dominant car. My guess is RB will be right there. Who knows about Ferrari. Hell, maybe even Moronda will do something this year.

#69 ·
All I have seen thus far is Charlie stating an opinion that it is illegal. The second link is stating a conclusion that I din't think has been determined yet. I may have missed it, but has there been an FIA statement formally banning it?

Charlie may have some stroke, but as we have learned over the years, nothing is ever official in this sport until it becomes.......official. And even then, enough of an outcry and 11th hour changes are always a possibility.

#85 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.