AVS Forum banner

Hunted on CBS in HD

510 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  JoeNc 
#1 ·
Anyone watching this crap? It's so fake and cheesy its funny.

#3 ·
I stopped watching after about 15-20 minutes. Caught a few more minutes at the end. The people on the show are making highly questionable and stupid decisions. Two key steps they all seem to be missing.

1) Dump cell phone
2) Don't contact anyone you know*

Frankly the show looks like a propaganda piece for the big brother police state. Showing everyone how "good" they are and how the plebes can't escape. It looks about as realistic as a episode of CSI. How did they get access to real data like real law enforcement would for a TV show? I'm sure the providers just handed over data they need a warrant for because TV. Seems unlikely, which means it's all simulated / staged.

Of course the setup of the show is crap. You have to use their $500 and can only withdraw $100 at a time. Anyone who wants to dissapear isn't going to do that. At most you'd make one trip to the bank to make a single withdrawal (assuming you don't have a reasonable amount of cash at home).

#6 ·
I love this show. Watching it I keep saying, "I would do this instead of that.", or "What a moron! You are going to get caught." I got caught up in it and, for a few moments, saw myself as Dr. Kimble trying to outsmart the hunters.

It's a freaking TV show compressed for 40 minutes. Of course they couldn't get warrants like real law enforcement. How are the hell are they supposed to get the data? I am grateful to a get glimpse into the mind and MOs of the hunters. The fugitives are normal people running from the laws. I expect them to make the mistakes like they did.

#7 ·
I love this show.
Yikes! :eek:

Of course they couldn't get warrants like real law enforcement. How are the hell are they supposed to get the data?
Which means it's completely staged and totally inaccurate. At which point how can you get any sort of insight into the process?

I am grateful to a get glimpse into the mind and MOs of the hunters.
Does watching The Bachelor or The Bachelorette give you glimpses into the mind and MO of the opposite sex too?

#9 ·
I'm guessing they are doing " If it could happen it did happen" ...
Meaning, If one of the "fugitives" drives or walks past any camera anywhere, surveillance , use their email .. etc, then the hunters are simply "told" this, & play as if they got the footage info, since it "could have" been gotten in a real life situation ....
If they are helped by a friend or relative that is in their fone or social contacts, the producers work backward from that, & if a link is made the Hunters are simply given the info as if they discovered it, since they "could have" found this all out ....
The thing that made me think this, was the duo that had someone mail a bunch of handwritten letters, & the hunters, within a day or so of delivery to all these different people claimed that since a photo is taken of all mail in the USPS stream, the had the pics of the letters ... again, since this info could "theoretically be had" , the hunters had it .....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.