post #1 of 15 Old 06-15-2017, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2069 Post(s)
Liked: 2469
Claws TNT HD June 11, 2017

Claws TNT HD June 11, 2017

I saw this on a Google Browse of new shows, really accidentally .. and, I set the DVR just to give it a look see .. it was not what I expected and it turned out, I really liked it .. and, there's Dean Norris to boot .. I'd recommend taking a look ..

Desna is an attractive woman who lives with her brother and owns a nail salon with her 3 best friends. Her and her crew are involved with the local drug gang by trafficking through the shop; Desi is also seeing Roller who is one of the drug king pin's main dealers. Things get complicated when a new associate is introduced and Roller doesn't follow through on his deal with paying Desna for her help with the drug organization.

From IMDB :: "Near perfect, very adult crime drama. This pilot spent not one minute BSing it's way to a surprising conclusion to set up what looks like a very rough ride of woman power. Previews made this look sassy,but it is much more. This looks like a sophisticated crime thriller.

Very well executed. Niece Nash (Scream)and Dean Noriis (Breaking Bad),along with Carrie Preston (True Blood) and others give difficult, really wonderful, believable performances with very adult material. "

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 06-15-2017, 08:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 297
I watched the preview last month and HATE it. Trashy people doing trashy things. Everything on this show has been done before and done better. TNT is trying to be "edgy" and failing miserably. a big One and Done for me.
post #3 of 15 Old 06-16-2017, 07:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Even Carrie Preston can't save this disaster.

post #4 of 15 Old 06-16-2017, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

It's raunchy, trashy, over the top and a real Dark Comedy .. .. I like me some raunchy trash ..

And, I can't be alone .. it's hitting 76/64% on Rotten Tomatoes .. and a 7.1 on IMDb

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #5 of 15 Old 06-16-2017, 01:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 297
I really like Carrie Preston, and will watch her in about anything, but not this dreck.
post #6 of 15 Old 06-16-2017, 03:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Liked: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
It's raunchy, trashy, over the top and a real Dark Comedy .. .. I like me some raunchy trash ..

And, I can't be alone .. it's hitting 76/64% on Rotten Tomatoes .. and a 7.1 on IMDb

Give it time to crash and burn. I have been seeing the commercials for it for months, zero desire to check it out.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #7 of 15 Old 06-16-2017, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post
Give it time to crash and burn. I have been seeing the commercials for it for months, zero desire to check it out.
Well, I should at least get one season ..

Uncle Willie

post #8 of 15 Old 06-16-2017, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

i like me some raunchy ,trashy ,tv .watched it and certainly not what i was expecting . will continue to watch.
post #9 of 15 Old 06-22-2017, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter

I think that the fact the show is really a Female based cast does likely pander to, er, females .. much like "Desperate Housewives" and maybe "Queen of the South" .. but I have to say, firmly within my own masculinity .. that I am really liking it, and, I'm not ashamed of admitting I like the two other shows I've mentioned ..

"Claws" is just over-the-top good in what it does .. however, it's obviously not for everyone ..

Dean Norris, I thought was always excellent as Hank in "Breaking Bad" .. then, with "Under the Dome", he was barely watchable .. in "Claws", he's just plain out there .. in a very weird way .. I don't know if he's playing it for laughs or trying to be serious .. I think he's playing it for laughs, which just adds to the Dark Comedy of the show ..

Second Episode was every bit as good as the first .. thumbs up ..

Uncle Willie

post #10 of 15 Old 06-22-2017, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter

I'll add :: The fact that the show looks to take place within a "Nail Shop" is slightly misleading .. the shop is merely the vehicle that binds the cast and not an overwhelming part of the show .. which is a good thing ..

Uncle Willie

post #11 of 15 Old 07-06-2017, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Anyone not tuning in for this over the top show, IMO, is missing out on some really good stuff ..

Uncle Willie

post #12 of 15 Old 07-06-2017, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Anyone not tuning in for this over the top show, IMO, is missing out on some really good stuff ..
I'm with you, Uncle Willie. We've really enjoyed the 1st 2 episodes. Never thought I'd like Niecy Nash in anything but she really shines here.

Bill
post #13 of 15 Old 07-06-2017, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie_Tee View Post
I'm with you, Uncle Willie. We've really enjoyed the 1st 2 episodes. Never thought I'd like Niecy Nash in anything but she really shines here.
Dean Norris and his wife on the show really play it way over the top, close to laughable .. I think the rest of the cast does a great job .. the thing really is a dark comedy .. I like it a lot ..

Uncle Willie

post #14 of 15 Old 07-17-2017, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Well, I should at least get one season ..
Lucky us...we're getting a second season. And agreed: Dean Norris as Uncle Daddy is a hoot.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/12/claws-renewed-season-2/

Bill
post #15 of 15 Old 07-24-2017, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

The side story of Roller and the Pubic Hair artist was funny .. I honestly look forward to each weeks episode of wackiness .. the Writers have got some imagination ..

Uncle Willie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page