post #301 of 306 Old 04-24-2006, 02:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by operaguy
me too i want my ESPN2HD on Charter, i've called them several times.....

But from the answer given me in post 293 above, the World Cup games broadcast on regular ESPN2 will come across in HD.

Anyone correct me if I am wrong about that.
When June 9th comes along and the opening match kicks off, if you tune into ESPN2HD, you watch the game in HD, widescreen 16:9. If you tune into ESPN2 you watch the game in SD, regular 4:3. Same goes for ESPN and ESPNHD, your local ABC station and its digital/HD channel.

The regular version channel (ESPN, ESPN2, ABC) will show the game in standard definition. HD version of that channel (ESPNHD, ESPN2HD, ABCHD) will show the game in high definition.

Here's an example that'll come sooner:
UEFA Champions League Final
Barcelona/Milan vs Arsenal/Villarreal
Live from Paris on ESPN2 in standard definition, available in high-def on ESPN2HD
May 17th, 2006 at 2:30 PM ET
There will also be a repeat showing later that night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 306 Old 04-25-2006, 12:01 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
It's technically impossible for ESPN2 to show the games in HD. What is meant by "mirroring" is that the ESPN2 and ESPN2HD feeds will be the same, just one will be 480i and the other will be 720p. In other words, they'll use the same cameras.
post #303 of 306 Old 04-25-2006, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya
The way it stands now, this will be the last live game on VOOM...
And it is probably going to be awhile before we see Real Madrid or another
European Football Club in High Definition.

(This will also be my last time to post in this thread which I started more than a year ago.)

The game is on!

So whatever happened on this. One of the resons I got E* + Voom was because of La Liga games in addition to WC coverage in HD. Is Worldsport not going to show HD games of La Liga next season?
post #304 of 306 Old 04-25-2006, 01:10 PM

I'm pretty sure they're still on. I wish WorldSport also had other european league games such as the Premier, Italian, German, French and Portuguese. Just don't show South American games, they look like they're playing rugby instead of football (soccer to all you americans).
post #305 of 306 Old 04-25-2006, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucuy
So whatever happened on this...
Well, the message you quoted was posted more than a year ago - in April 2005. (This is a very old thread!) Since then VOOM stopped doing business as a DBS company, handed its satellite to Dish Network, and made a deal with them to broadcast initially 10 and now 15 of the VOOM channels. Live games from Spain were initially shown on Rush-HD and now on a recently re-launched WorldSportHD channel. This is pretty much what happened since then... ;)

Ilya
post #306 of 306 Old 04-26-2006, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya
Well, the message you quoted was posted more than a year ago - in April 2005. (This is a very old thread!) Since then VOOM stopped doing business as a DBS company, handed its satellite to Dish Network, and made a deal with them to broadcast initially 10 and now 15 of the VOOM channels. Live games from Spain were initially shown on Rush-HD and now on a recently re-launched WorldSportHD channel. This is pretty much what happened since then... ;)
My bad didn't even look at the date. So you meant we would not get WorldsportHD due to Vooms death while I thought you meant that Worldsport was losing or not renewing their La Liga HD rights? Thanks for clarifying it.
Closed Thread HDTV Programming