European Soccer Live in HD on VOOM - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 306 Old 05-08-2004, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Today, Saturday, May 8 LIVE at 4 PM EDT, re-air at 9:30 PM:

http://www.uefa.com/ImagesContent/Co...0X70/53044.gif Mallorca vs. http://www.uefa.com/ImagesContent/Co...0X70/50051.gif Real Madrid

A new episode of LaLiga pre-game show is expected at 3:30 PM

Real Madrid must win, if they have any hopes left...

Ilya
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 306 Old 05-08-2004, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 62
PLEASE NO FLAMING......

I am an admitted "non-fan" of soccer, but I was wondering something that will make it clear that I'm soccer ignorant:

When I lived in Munich many years ago ('75 - '79) I saw quite a few games as a kid - F.C. Bayern.

1) Are they still a team?
2) Where does their league (I assume it's part of a German league) stack up vs. England, Spain, Italy, etc. - what I mean is do they compete in the same European class as the others or is it completely separate?
post #183 of 306 Old 05-08-2004, 11:12 AM

I am assuming you mean Bayern Munich. The Bundesliga is one of the top 5 in Europe. In my opinion the league is getting better. They used to be a very tightly defended thus being hard to watch. In recent years they have been loosening up and becoming alot more entertaining.

Bayern Munich is one of the top 10 clubs in the world. They always put an excellent product on the field. They are like the Yankees of the German league. Alot of money to spend so they are always good.
post #184 of 306 Old 05-08-2004, 01:13 PM

yeah, Bayern Munich is one of the true legendary clubs of Germany and Europe. I don't know if they are a top ten club this year but they are a top ten club more often than not. The have some top stars in Micheal Ballack and Ze Roberto. They didn't win the Bundesliga this year but came in second. The club is run by the great Karl Heinz Rumminegge - who was THE MAN at center forward for Germany from the mid 80's to early 90's. German soccer games are currently shown on Fox Sports World.

Generally, most argument around the best European football league centers around Italy, Spain, and England. The argument of which is best can degenerate into a real religious war pretty fast. Most would say that the Bundesliga falls right behind those. Part of the debate really comes down to preference for style of play. The people with Voom have been blessed this season since La Liga has been a very dominant league in European competition this year - arguably having the most exciting and interesting teams this year. Deportiva de la Coruna has had great La Liga and Champions League runs. Villareal and Valencia have had great UEFA Cup runs. Real Madrid has more star power than any team in recent memory with Ronaldo, Figo, Zidane, Beckham, and Carlos. To top it off, Barcelona showed renewed form during the second half of the season with Ronaldinho emerging as the newest contestant for "Greatest Player in the World". If you would have asked me a year ago if I would rather see Premier League teams or La Liga teams covered in HD I would have said Premier League but the Spanish league has just been spectacular - who would have guessed that Real wouldn't win the league competition or make it into the semi-finals of the Champions League but that Spanish teams would still provide the most exciting football. I can't wait for a full season of live HD games.

Dave
post #185 of 306 Old 05-08-2004, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 62
I'd watch Bayern Munchen if it was on Voom - if only for nostalgia purposes.
post #186 of 306 Old 05-08-2004, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

The LaLiga game is on...
Mallorca is winning so far! Surprise! Mallorca has opened the score, Real Madrid made it even. And now Mallorca just scored again: 2:1 current score.

WOW! It's 3:1 already!

Not too long ago Mallorca has won 5:1 against Real Madrid at this same stadium. Are they trying to repeat that?!!

Final score: 3:2
If Valencia wins tomorrow they've got the league!

Ilya
post #187 of 306 Old 05-10-2004, 05:51 PM

And VALENCIA won the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(for the surprise of many)

Real Madrid just paid off a loooonng season with no rest for his "galacticos" stars, meanwhile Valencia's coach gave a nice rotation to all players during the season that helped a lot to finishing very strong.

If Valencia had just qualified for the Champions League last year I'm pretty sure we would see them in that final and not the UEFA Cup final.

Cheers to all soccer fans...
now the finals and the EuroCup!!!
= J =
post #188 of 306 Old 05-16-2004, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter

Today, Saturday, May 16 LIVE in HD at 1:30 PM EDT,
re-air at 9:30 PM:

http://www.uefa.com/ImagesContent/Co...0X70/64253.gif Racing vs. http://www.uefa.com/ImagesContent/Co...0X70/50080.gif Barcelona

A new episode of LaLiga pre-game show is expected at 1:00 PM

Barcelona is now fighting for the second place in La Liga to qualify for next year's Champions league play. Currently they are one point behind Real Madrid.

Ilya
post #189 of 306 Old 05-16-2004, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

The game starts in less than an hour. Don't miss it! There are only two live HD broadcasts left in this season!

Ilya
post #190 of 306 Old 05-18-2004, 10:08 AM

No UEFA Cup final in HD :(

It's a pity that after broadcasting games of the UEFA Cup until semifinals, they won't show the final in HD.

Cheers.
= J =
post #191 of 306 Old 05-18-2004, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

I guess, someone must have exclusive rights to UEFA Cup finals...

Ilya
post #192 of 306 Old 05-22-2004, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

The final Live HD broadcast from Spain in the season!
Today Sunday May 23 at 3 PM Eastern Time
Re-air at 9 PM

http://www.uefa.com/ImagesContent/Co...0X70/50123.gif Real Sociedad vs. http://www.uefa.com/ImagesContent/Co...0X70/50051.gif Real Madrid

The first place in the league has been already won by Valencia. Real Madrid is now fighting for the second place that would qualify them for next year's Champions league play. Currently they are 2 points behind Barcelona. Today is the final match!

A new episode of LaLiga pre-game show is expected as always 30 minutes before the match at 2:30 PM EDT.

Invite your friends and have a party!

Ilya
post #193 of 306 Old 05-22-2004, 09:36 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 50
Thank God VOOM doesn't have NFL Sunday Ticket!
Could you imagine all the bandwidth wasted and all the posts (and all the logos of NFL teams) over a sport Americans really care about?
post #194 of 306 Old 05-23-2004, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

One thing I really love about VOOM is that they are not afraid to be original and do things that no one else is doing. We have other ways to watch NFL games if we want to. But there is no other way in this country to watch LaLiga games live and in HD!

Ilya
post #195 of 306 Old 05-23-2004, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

The game is on!

FYI, Sean Mota just posted at SatelliteGuys that he is at the control room today where WorldSport is being broadcast from. Lucky Sean!
Looking forward to his reports.

Ilya
post #196 of 306 Old 05-23-2004, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Well, the game is over. Real Madrid has lost 1:4.
The La Liga season is over too... Barcelona takes the second place. Well deserved: they played great in the second half of the season!

Many thanks to everyone at VOOM who made these live broadcasts happen! See you next season!

Ilya.

Ilya
post #197 of 306 Old 05-24-2004, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fredfa
Thank God VOOM doesn't have NFL Sunday Ticket!
Could you imagine all the bandwidth wasted and all the posts (and all the logos of NFL teams) over a sport Americans really care about?
This statement is uncalled for. If you do not like seeing the logos and posts about these games, just ignore them. You don't need to insult everyone that posts about VOOM.

I am sorry to say but I am not clear what your agenda is. Live and be happy with what you got. Others are doing the same. I used to respect your opinion in this forum but from reading statements like "bandwith wasted" makes me think twice now.

If this was bandwith wasted, Ken H or another moderator in this forum would have said so. If you are making decisions for them, that's very lame as I do no think any bandwith is wasted here about any topic. Information is useful to someone who is looking for them.

Ken H if this is bandwith wasted on this forum please let us know and we will not post again on any of these games. I thought that this being an HD programming forum would be the appropiate forum for it.
post #198 of 306 Old 05-24-2004, 08:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally posted by motjes2
I thought that this being an HD programming forum would be the appropiate forum for it.
I fully agree.

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

post #199 of 306 Old 05-24-2004, 03:14 PM

hi,

the UEFA Champions League Final in the german Soccer and Entertaiment Arena AufSchalke (biggest and best european Soccer Arena) will be broadcast in Europe in HDTV of some sort of channels.
Not clear yet which european Stations will show it in High Def. Only one Station in Europe is for sure to broadcast the game in HDTV. Its the country which cares the most in HDTV, Germany. The german Free-to-air Broadcaster SAT1 will show the Game in High Definition. The Station makes this clear in a Press Release. They said that the biggest european Soccer match (beisides the EURO CUP) will battle out in the biggest german and european Arena with high electrical Standard. There is no better Place to catch up with HDTV and we`ll go for it. The Group AlphaCam makes the Production.

Just make this alert here, dont know if WorldSports catch up with it, i hope so.

DougMan
post #200 of 306 Old 05-26-2004, 01:56 PM

i currently don't have voom and would like to know if PPV is available? specifically, can you get the Euro 2004 games from Voom, even if SD? thanks.
post #201 of 306 Old 05-26-2004, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

No, PPV is not yet available on VOOM, but is expected down the road. To be more precise, there was one single HD PPV boxing event (for $1), but I think this doesn't count. :)

I am not sure if Fox Sports World or ESPN are going to show any Euro 2004 games, but there will be no Euro 2004 on WorldSportHD channel unfortunately.

Ilya
post #202 of 306 Old 05-26-2004, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Fox Sports World is showing at least some Euro 2004 games in standard definition on a minimum 72 hour delay. The poor man's alternative to $179 pay per view package.

It is still quite possible that InHD will show Euro 2004 games in high definition, also on a minimum 72 hour delay. Nothing announced (like FSW) and likely won't be until the last minute, if it happens. The rights' holder, Setanta Sport, wants to maximize the PPV buys.
post #203 of 306 Old 08-23-2004, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Well, the soccer season is back! And so is the Live HD coverage of Spanish Primera Liga on WorldSportHD. The first Live HD broadcast of the 2004-2005 season will be this coming Saturday, August 28 at 2 PM Eastern:

http://www.uefa.com/ImagesContent/Co...0X70/50124.gifATLETICO MADRID vs. http://www.uefa.com/ImagesContent/Co...0X70/74069.gifMALAGA

I have updated the first posting of this thread to show the schedule of upcoming Live HD broadcasts on VOOM. Enjoy!

Ilya
post #204 of 306 Old 08-24-2004, 11:42 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
hopefully they will be able to bring us UEFA games soon too!
post #205 of 306 Old 08-24-2004, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by golem
hopefully they will be able to bring us UEFA games soon too!
This is very possible, though not yet confirmed.
They did several UEFA Cup broadcasts last season.

Ilya
post #206 of 306 Old 08-25-2004, 12:54 AM

nothing beats going to watch them tho :)
post #207 of 306 Old 08-25-2004, 08:34 AM
ddp

This is the main reason that Voom is still on my roof, Nothing beats watching the high level soccer in HD.

Is there a official schedual for WorldsportsHD?

Keep it up Voom
post #208 of 306 Old 08-25-2004, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

The official web site is www.worldsportsoccer.com
I am also updating the first page of this thread with the latest schedules as they become known. Keep in mind, that these schedules change often and the on-screen guide may not be accurate.

Ilya
post #209 of 306 Old 08-28-2004, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

The first live broadcast of the season starts in less than an hour. La Liga pre-game show is expected in just a few minutes!

Ilya
post #210 of 306 Old 08-28-2004, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

FYI: Here is an interesting interview with Paul Giblin- one of the English commentators for the World Sport Primera Liga games.

Ilya
Closed Thread HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page