AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

INHD ANNOUNCES MSO AFFILIATION AGREEMENT WITH
ADELPHIA COMMUNICATIONS

NEW YORK, April 15, 2004 - INHD has announced an agreement with Adelphia Communications Corporation for distribution of INHD, cable's most distributed 24/7 all-HD network. The agreement includes the INHD and INHD2 channels and was announced today by James Cofer, senior vice president distribution, iN DEMAND, parent company of INHD.

INHD is a 24/7 general entertainment service that offers a mix of live and taped sports programming, commercial-free films and a variety of general entertainment programming, all transmitted in the high definition (HD) format, the majority of which is in native HD.

With this announcement, Adelphia becomes the second major non-owner MSO to carry the network following the announcement earlier this year that Cablevision would offer the network as part of its HD digital basic service. In addition to Cablevision, Adelphia joins the ranks of INHD owners Comcast, Cox, Time Warner and Bright House, which already include the network as part of their HD service.

As part of the agreement, iN DEMAND has agreed to provide Adelphia marketing assistance with respect to the launch of the channels and allow Adelphia to pre-empt INHD2 with HD local professional sports from such system's regional sports network, which is a unique selling point of the second channel.

In a national survey conducted last month, consumers with HDTV service voted INHD "number one" in terms of overall satisfaction, picture quality and sound, while also ranking it first among all HD networks for the amount of native HD programming shown on the network each month. Those same consumers also have revealed in surveys that it is INHD they tune to most frequently when they intend to show off their HD sets to friends and neighbors.

"We're pleased that Adelphia has signed on to carry INHD," said Cofer. "I think we've made some tremendous strides over the past few months which have been reflected back to us by Adelphia's decision to add the network and by the research we've conducted which has reinforced the overall satisfaction which our viewers have expressed in the channels."

Adelphia Communications Corporation is the fifth-largest cable television company in the country. It serves customers in 30 states and Puerto Rico, and offers analog and digital video services, high-speed Internet access and other advanced services over Adelphia's broadband networks.

INHD and INHD2 are television's first multi-channel 24/7 linear-scheduled network that features commercial-free movies, professional and college sports and general interest programming that maximizes the HD television experience. INHD provides superior images and sound and more native HD programming than any other network. INHD is owned and operated by iN DEMAND Networks. Company shareholders are Comcast iN DEMAND Holdings, Inc., Cox Communications, Inc. and Time Warner Entertainment - Advance/Newhouse Partnership. INHD and INHD2 are available on Bright House, Cablevision, Comcast, Cox, and Time Warner cable systems. Further information about INHD can be found on the Internet at www.inhd.com.

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-16-2004, 01:40 PM

Liked: 10
Well I called Adelphia yesterday to order HDTV service since I am expecting the new Sammy to be delivered Monday or Tuesday.

Apparently, we have a whopping 2 channels available here in Orlando. CBS and PBS.

I just moved to this part of town, and have had a beef with the big "A" for several other reasons (poor customer service, screwed up billing, no CSR knowledge about the internet service, terrible product line compared with BHN) and this just seals it.

What do I do? Take it and lump it I guess or blow 80 bucks a month on Voom and having to buy a land line.

Ridiculous.
post #3 of 12 Old 04-16-2004, 01:40 PM
Advanced Member

Great news, Ken! Thank you for keeping us up to date, as always!
post #4 of 12 Old 04-16-2004, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Great news now when is D* going to hop on board???
post #5 of 12 Old 04-16-2004, 01:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mezzmor
Well I called Adelphia yesterday to order HDTV service since I am expecting the new Sammy to be delivered Monday or Tuesday.

Apparently, we have a whopping 2 channels available here in Orlando. CBS and PBS.

I just moved to this part of town, and have had a beef with the big "A" for several other reasons (poor customer service, screwed up billing, no CSR knowledge about the internet service, terrible product line compared with BHN) and this just seals it.

What do I do? Take it and lump it I guess or blow 80 bucks a month on Voom and having to buy a land line.

Ridiculous.
Have a little patience...I know that's easy for me to say, but eventually all A* subs will have a pretty darn good HD tier, including HDNet, HDNet Movies, ESPN-HD and INHD1 & 2. Since March, they've added CBS, FOX and New England Sports Network (on top of ABC, NBC & PBS) here in the Boston area. I know some areas of the country have fewer channels right now, but they're in the process of upgrading their equipment nationwide.

IMO, I think Adelphia's finally stepping up to the plate! :)
post #6 of 12 Old 04-16-2004, 04:24 PM

Yeah, my parents in the Cincinnati market just got Adelphia HD. I'm a little jealous since they will soon have INHD 1 and 2, HDnet, HDnet movies, ESPN HD, and ALL locals, while here in Columbus with TWC, I don't have ESPN, ABC, or FOX.
post #7 of 12 Old 04-16-2004, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 91
You guys are lucky. I'm in SoCal, and for digital cable (which I must have) + HD pack (which only includes networks+HBO, if I choose to have HBO), they quoted me $30 for first 3 months then $60 after that then $70+ after one year. Yikes! (I just called yesterday.)
post #8 of 12 Old 04-16-2004, 10:44 PM
AVS Special Member

This makes Adelphia the second major cable company (Time Warner being the first) to sign deals with both InHD and HDNet.

Which disproves the theory that InHD and HDNet cannot coexist. Let's go Comcast!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 12 Old 04-17-2004, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by barth2k
You guys are lucky. I'm in SoCal, and for digital cable (which I must have) + HD pack (which only includes networks+HBO, if I choose to have HBO), they quoted me $30 for first 3 months then $60 after that then $70+ after one year. Yikes! (I just called yesterday.)
Now that I decided to dump Dish because of their 921 disaster, I call Adelphia in West Los Angeles the other day. Besides the locals, only HBO and Showtime in HD. No idea of when more will be added. So Adelphia is out (not surprising). Also the Motorola 6208 PVR only records about 8 hours of HD. Totally insufficient. How in the world could anyone design a PVR with only an 8 hour HD capacity? The 25 hours for the Dish 921 or HD Tivo is fine. But 8 hours?
post #10 of 12 Old 04-17-2004, 10:50 AM

hack it and add a bigger hard drive
post #11 of 12 Old 04-17-2004, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by steverobertson
Great news now when is D* going to hop on board???
I guess they need to wait until INHD changes its channel bug so that it doesn't claim to be, "only on cable".

I just recently got Time Warner again and I must say, seeing INHD makes me remeber why I liked HD in the first place. I dropped all my Direct HD (except CBS), until they figure out their bandwidth issues......

My HD DNS days are kaput!
post #12 of 12 Old 04-17-2004, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SonomaSearcher
This makes Adelphia the second major cable company (Time Warner being the first) to sign deals with both InHD and HDNet.

Which disproves the theory that InHD and HDNet cannot coexist. Let's go Comcast!
- Comcast already has the INHD channels .. dont know why you dont get them .. unless you are talking about HDNET...

Happiness is: Jessica Alba in HD
Closed Thread HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page