Everybody Loves Raymond 2/14 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 02-14-2001, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I see that there are fewer posts than normal tonight.A good way to stay out of the doghouse is to stay off the computer on valentines day.
Anyways,I missed this Raymond in HD when it was first broadcast due to no antenna yet.I made sure I got back from dinner with the wife to catch this episode at last.Just awesome.You know the director knew he was working with an HD 16:9 frame to catch this beautiful scenery.There had to be 10 to 15 min.with no dialogue,just stunning views.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-14-2001, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

I totally agree. The locations were breath taking. All the rich colors form the flowers, the lush greens of the lawns and bushes. The only color they didn't seem to get right was the beautiful Colbalt Blue of the Med. Sea.

God I love HDTV!

Lee
post #3 of 12 Old 02-14-2001, 09:03 PM

It's a great Valentine's Day show, for the scenery and the ambiance and the good humor. I think I'd be very happy if they just kept showing that episode every week. Wonderful.

Vic W

VicW
post #4 of 12 Old 02-14-2001, 09:29 PM

What town in Italy was this episode filmed in???? I want to take my wife there. That darn HDTV is going to cost me more than I thought.

If anyone knows the name of the town where that was filmed(Not the Rome scenes) please post that information.

Thanks much.

Dick Doll
post #5 of 12 Old 02-15-2001, 06:37 AM
AVS Club Gold

The name they said in the show was something like Largo de Brescia, or something like that. (My memory is definitely failing me.) Ether that was the real name of the place or not, I'm not at all sure. Sure made me pine for going back to Italy sometime, though. I just love that country. Now if I could get a job there for an english speaking computer geek...

------------------
Lenny Zimmermann
zarlor@acm.org

Lenny Zimmermann

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 Old 02-15-2001, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

What a bummer - I tuned in right at the very end of the show and only by accident. I had no idea that CBS was running this on an odd day. Darn http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

------------------
Hopelessly addicted to HDTV and lost deep in the woods of Charlton, MA - Rich
rharvey@at-com.com

Hopelessly addicted to HDTV and lost deep in the woods of Charlton, MA - Rich

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 12 Old 02-15-2001, 10:34 AM

I would have missed the show except for the following link which keeps me up on local HDTV:
http://www.hdtvgalaxy.com/broad.html

I was intrigued by the date other than Monday and the hour instead of half-hour time. My wife thanked me for nagging her into submission on the HDTV issue. She was thrilled with the show in HDTV. Now she wants to go to Italy.
post #8 of 12 Old 02-15-2001, 02:40 PM

When Raymond's wife was moved to tears by the beauty surrounding her, I felt the same way!! However, I was ready to just sit and watch a tour through Italy and there didn't need to be a plot to keep me glued!! Just gorgeous!
post #9 of 12 Old 02-15-2001, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 14
We saw this episode when it aired originally on a 36" regular TV. We have been waiting with baited breath for the repeat ever since we got the HD. It wasn't disappointing. I am especially glad that it was shown altogether and also on a Wednesday, since I have rehearsals on Mondays. I got cheated last Monday. As I wrote in another thread, our local station runs the first hour of prime time again at 10:00 pm. This way I have been able to catch King of Queens and Yes Dear after I get home. Unfortunately, last Monday there was a non HD show on at 9:00 to 10:00 instead of Family Law (an HD show.) Thus, our station had switched off the HD prime time at 9:00 and the 7:00 to 8:00 shows did not get repeated in HD. I speculate that they just forget to turn it off at 10:00 usually, and are just kind enough to let the shows run their full length.
post #10 of 12 Old 02-15-2001, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I noticed on a number of occasions that bodies and heads were cropped off. Is this because they use an original 4:3 film image and just zoom in when they do the transfer so that the top and bottom get chopped?

Jack

Jack
post #11 of 12 Old 02-15-2001, 09:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Depending on how tightly the shot was framed, it could just be overscan if you have an RPTV. Most RPTV's have between 5-8% overscan when shipped from the factory.

Jeff
post #12 of 12 Old 02-16-2001, 07:23 AM
Advanced Member

Dick Doll,

I'll have to agree with you about this HD costing more than expected. After my fiancée saw those beautiful HD images of Italy, she wants to go too!

jake

jake
Closed Thread HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page