Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradtothebone
Does this seem fishy to anyone else, or are they just clueless? :confused:
No. It is completely legal.

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1532 of 1537 Old 06-02-2005, 11:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng
No. It is completely legal.
OK, I'll assume you are correct that it is legal, since you're in the business.

Now, let me ask this another way: Do you think that either of the two reasons that they cited for the delay are valid, since they've had plenty of time to prepare for this day to come? (If you decline to answer because of "professional courtesy," I'll understand.) ;)

Brad

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do!"
- Joe Walsh
post #1533 of 1537 Old 07-28-2005, 02:13 PM
Advanced Member

Has their been any new progress since this thread was last updated ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Enter Team # 55280 when u download
post #1534 of 1537 Old 07-28-2005, 07:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradtothebone
OK, I'll assume you are correct that it is legal, since you're in the business.

Now, let me ask this another way: Do you think that either of the two reasons that they cited for the delay are valid, since they've had plenty of time to prepare for this day to come? (If you decline to answer because of "professional courtesy," I'll understand.) ;)

Brad
Yes, they are valid. The FCC said in 2001 that stations with STA's could continue to operate that way until a date was set when they had to increase. The date was set in August for a July deadline (11 months). The question is did the FCC really think that 400 stations could make that date? The answer, no. If every station started in August to make the July date, they still wouldn't make it. The logistics just do not work and the FCC knew that.

The problem is they have a time line they have to stick with and in order to have the industry ready to turn off analog in 2009, the dates they have set had to be announced and things needed to get moving. That is why they have allowed extensions. They knew not all the stations would make it.

Now, I know that p*sses you off because you can't receive WDAF, but no laws have been broken and that is the way the FCC has decided to to run the transition. I have MANY problems with the way the FCC has run the transition and it has NOTHING to do with broadcaster dates at all.

The truth is, this thing wasn't thought out in 1995 and the public is paying for it now and Congress is on the FCCs butt to get it done so they can start collecting money and the FCC now has their back against the wall and everyone is going to have to ante up now, broadcasters, cable, sat, the networks and the public. Typical government. Everyone suffers in the name of "we the people.".

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.
post #1535 of 1537 Old 02-28-2006, 05:23 PM

I have Cox cable in Tucson, AZ. They are on the affiliates list (KMSB) as HD but I see no HD channel provided. Every other local channel has its own HD channel... Whats the deal? Anybody know?
post #1536 of 1537 Old 02-28-2006, 05:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0crast
I have Cox cable in Tucson, AZ. They are on the affiliates list (KMSB) as HD but I see no HD channel provided. Every other local channel has its own HD channel... Whats the deal? Anybody know?
It appears that KMSB is not provided on your cable system. Check your local thread in the local section for more information. If OTA is an option for you, you may want to check out that route. Otherwise, let the cable company and the station know that you want this channel and you would hope that they would work out a deal.
post #1537 of 1537 Old 03-03-2006, 05:22 PM

Last I heard WLAX (25) - La Crosse, WI will not be HD until late 2006 or early 2007.

WEUX (48) - Eau Claire, WI will be sometime after WLAX is complete.
Closed Thread HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page