Comcast HDTV - Page 40 - AVS Forum
First ... 38  39  40 41  42  ... Last
HDTV Programming > Comcast HDTV
theguest's Avatar theguest 02:25 PM 06-07-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtree10 View Post

Thanks for speaking for the ENTIRE HD market. I will be pissed if they decide to yank inHD2 for ESPN2, it means I lose my RSNs HD games (I couldn't care less about the world cup).

Unless your sports team plays from 11 am - 4 pm (central), it shouldn't be an issue for you

Addicted2HD4Now's Avatar Addicted2HD4Now 03:02 PM 06-07-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguest View Post

Unless your sports team plays from 11 am - 4 pm (central), it shouldn't be an issue for you

Also if they put ESPN2HD on INHD2 then the RSN would most likely bump programming on INHD. That's what Comcast said they would do in CT when they put UHD on INHD2 during the Olympics. Then areas in CT with the bandwidth got UHD on it's own channel, those without enough bandwidth haven't seen it since.
gtree10's Avatar gtree10 03:44 PM 06-07-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguest View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2HD4Now View Post

Also if they put ESPN2HD on INHD2 then the RSN would most likely bump programming on INHD. That's what Comcast said they would do in CT when they put UHD on INHD2 during the Olympics. Then areas in CT with the bandwidth got UHD on it's own channel, those without enough bandwidth haven't seen it since.

Not true, when UHD was added to the SF market for the Olympics, the Warriors FSN-HD games did not preempt UHD programming nor were games switched to be shown on inHD. That would be true in the Sacramento market for the Giants and As games. Don't get me wrong, I want ESPN2-HD as well but not at the expense of my local sports, which is my biggest reason to stay with Comcast.
Vinny Aquilino's Avatar Vinny Aquilino 05:02 PM 06-07-2006
Comcast just e-mailed me and said tnt hd,channel 204 will be added on June 28 in Middlesex County.I live in Monroe Nj.08831
Samuelson's Avatar Samuelson 06:30 PM 06-07-2006
I wrote president Steve Burke yesterday, and he emailed me back with a positive word. Success!

Quote:

Sam,

Good news: I think we will be adding ESPN2 HD very soon and in time for the World Cup. Disney has been very accommodating and we should be ready very soon. Thanks for your email and interest in Comcast and HD in particular.

I hope that they'll get it done in time for the first games.
lah5135's Avatar lah5135 06:46 PM 06-07-2006
Could you post the email?
maxman's Avatar maxman 07:21 PM 06-07-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by lah5135 View Post

I think he just did. So when is the World Cup?
kevin j's Avatar kevin j 07:24 PM 06-07-2006
Friday at 11:55am et is the 1st game.
shades's Avatar shades 08:07 PM 06-07-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by lah5135 View Post

you live in jersey like i do, email or not you should know we will be lucky to get ESPN2 by teh next world cup
SonyHD's Avatar SonyHD 08:37 PM 06-07-2006
Tried sending my email to the audit committee, but says the address is wrong. Is it comcast.com instead of just comcast?
nightowl's Avatar nightowl 08:44 PM 06-07-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyHD View Post

Tried sending my email to the audit committee, but says the address is wrong. Is it comcast.com instead of just comcast?

It's cable.comcast.com
SonyHD's Avatar SonyHD 08:59 PM 06-07-2006
Just tried writing to Lori, but the address that was provided I don't believe is correct, since I got a return email twice.
Samuelson's Avatar Samuelson 09:58 PM 06-07-2006
Marcus Carr's Avatar Marcus Carr 11:08 PM 06-07-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuelson View Post

I wrote president Steve Burke yesterday, and he emailed me back with a positive word. Success!

I hope that they'll get it done in time for the first games.

Sounds good. Probably doesn't hurt that he used to be the president of ABC.
JWhip's Avatar JWhip 08:08 AM 06-08-2006
I have it on very good authority that ESPN2HD will be up on Comcast systems with available bandwidth pre-world cup.
nywst's Avatar nywst 09:10 AM 06-08-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhip View Post

I have it on very good authority that ESPN2HD will be up on Comcast systems with available bandwidth pre-world cup.

exclude south/central NJ of course.
Keenan's Avatar Keenan 09:11 AM 06-08-2006
Probably not on systems that don't have TNT-HD yet either like the SF bay area.
blitzen102's Avatar blitzen102 09:13 AM 06-08-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by nywst View Post

If they don't have available bandwidth.

of course

Beaker1024's Avatar Beaker1024 09:17 AM 06-08-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhip View Post

BTW let me first say a big Thanks to JWhip for posting this information. We all have certianly been waiting for some positive news on any HD channel and JWhip's and KenH's posts like this are like finding GOLD.

My only concern is that I just don't know if the system I'm in has the room or not. I know it's not a major have everything with alot of room system and the Comcast techs usually call it the backwater region (no TNT-HD) of Comcast, CT.

So it's just a waiting game and wondering if they moved enough channels around to have the room.

Eitherway it's great to know that there is a green light for ESPN2HD.

PS It'll be nice to see NHRA in HD but the Fall '06 College football is the major want for me!
blitzen102's Avatar blitzen102 09:22 AM 06-08-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker1024 View Post

BTW let me first say a big Thanks to JWhip for posting this information. We all have certianly been waiting for some positive news on any HD channel and JWhip's and KenH's posts like this are like finding GOLD.

My only concern is that I just don't know if the system I'm in has the room or not. I know it's not a major have everything with alot of room system and the Comcast techs usually call it the backwater region (no TNT-HD) of Comcast, CT.

So it's just a waiting game and wondering if they moved enough channels around to have the room.

Eitherway it's great to know that there is a green light for ESPN2HD.

PS It'll be nice to see NHRA in HD but the Fall '06 College football is the major want for me!

If you have INHD, INHD2, TNT-HD and Video on Demand then you probably have room.
Doolittle's Avatar Doolittle 09:31 AM 06-08-2006
Quote:

I would certainly be shocked if we got it.
nywst's Avatar nywst 09:34 AM 06-08-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolittle View Post

I would certainly be shocked if we got it.

Now I wann find out, is HD-Lite from D* really that bad?
balazer's Avatar balazer 09:39 AM 06-08-2006
Unless these Comcast e-mail addresses are public, they probably shouldn't be posted here for the spammers to see. If any of these addcesses actually give us a voice into Comcast, we ought not to spoil them.
maxman's Avatar maxman 09:45 AM 06-08-2006
Quote:

Now I wann find out, is HD-Lite from D* really that bad?

What's the name "Lite" tell you?
fender4645's Avatar fender4645 10:09 AM 06-08-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by balazer View Post

Unless these Comcast e-mail addresses are public, they probably shouldn't be posted here for the spammers to see. If any of these addcesses actually give us a voice into Comcast, we ought not to spoil them.

I agree. While we should continue to put the pressure on Comcast, having 500 people email Mr. Burke at once is only going make him change his email address.
sf49ersnfl's Avatar sf49ersnfl 11:23 AM 06-08-2006
If its true that ESPN 2 will be on before the start of the world cup, they better hurry because it starts at midnight edt.
kblee's Avatar kblee 11:27 AM 06-08-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by sf49ersnfl View Post

If its true that ESPN 2 will be on before the start of the world cup, they better hurry because it starts at midnight est.

Check the schedule again. First game broadcast is 11:55 AM tomorrow morning.
Samuelson's Avatar Samuelson 11:27 AM 06-08-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by fender4645 View Post

I agree. While we should continue to put the pressure on Comcast, having 500 people email Mr. Burke at once is only going make him change his email address.

these are publicly available email addresses on their website. Was it not prudent for me to trust the users on this forum?
who_the's Avatar who_the 11:34 AM 06-08-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Probably not on systems that don't have TNT-HD yet either like the SF bay area.

Comcast in San Francisco is currently showing ESPNHD on 725/HDSE, so it seems like something's up!
Marcus Carr's Avatar Marcus Carr 11:35 AM 06-08-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kblee View Post

Check the schedule again. First game broadcast is 11:55 AM tomorrow morning.

HD Coverage begins at midnight with World Cup Live.
First ... 38  39  40 41  42  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop