post #23071 of 23096 Old 04-20-2007, 04:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

I can't believe nobody's made a surfboard yet...dude...

And a tip o' the ol' margarita to you, James! Hey, I bet that's Hurley's next recreational endeavor. Surfing should be a natural for him; he's naturally buoyant! And he could use a little exercise, if you asked me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23072 of 23096 Old 04-20-2007, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

they also need to be on the beach to look out for and alert a possible rescue effort. Of course, they could leave a rotating scout team behind,

Umm, yeah, sure, but wouldn't they just get dizzy and fall down after awhile?

How would they be able to wave at passing ships?

Chance favors the prepared mind
post #23073 of 23096 Old 04-20-2007, 04:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palladin View Post

Chanbce favors the prepared mind

It's looking like ol' Archie isn't the only one hitting the margarita shaker this Friday evening.
post #23074 of 23096 Old 04-20-2007, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It's looking like ol' Archie isn't the only one hitting the margarita shaker this Friday evening.

To quote Tom Waits immortal line...

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy" (hic)

Cheers

Chance favors the inebriated mind
post #23075 of 23096 Old 04-20-2007, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Yeah, I don't understand the hate for Jack, either. He was willing to submit himself to the Others, and perhaps get thrown back in the cage or worse (let out only to administer to Ben; could have happened), just for the chance to get off the island and mount a rescue attempt. Which also could have all been a lie; he couldn't know. Jack is all about self-sacrifice; he can't help himself. It's who he is.

I don't hate Jack, he means well. But he keeps screwing things up worse than they were when he started (medical treatment aside of course, it's the one thing he doesn't screw up).

He makes bad decisions yet never loses his self-righteous air....he and Locke need to look themselves in the mirror...realize they don't know wtf they are doing, and let Sayid take over :-)

I'm no expert....so your mileage may vary
XboxLiveID: archie68
post #23076 of 23096 Old 04-20-2007, 04:51 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:

To quote Tom Waits immortal line...

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy" (hic)

Cheers

Chance favors the inebriated mind

Amen...brotha...
post #23077 of 23096 Old 04-20-2007, 04:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteki View Post

I don't hate Jack, he means well. But he keeps screwing things up worse than they were when he started (medical treatment aside of course, it's the one thing he doesn't screw up).

He makes bad decisions yet never loses his self-righteous air....he and Locke need to look themselves in the mirror...realize they don't know wtf they are doing, and let Sayid take over :-)

Hey, since when do the most qualified guys ever actually get to run things?
post #23078 of 23096 Old 04-20-2007, 05:03 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 399
So anyways, speaking of Juliet...(yeah, I know, we're weren't, but so what.. )

post #23079 of 23096 Old 04-20-2007, 05:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

^I don't know what it is about her, but she's got whatever it is. Word to your brotha'.
post #23080 of 23096 Old 04-20-2007, 05:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Anybody notice we haven't seen any sign of the numbers in, well, practically all season? I keep looking for them, but don't see them anywhere. And they used to be everywhere. For example, I was looking for them in the wine labels being put on by Dez and The Brother - good opportunity for the numbers, but, alas, they weren't there. Somehow it's just not as fun a show when a key piece of the mythology just ups and goes AWOL.

Didn't the monk say that they only produced 108 cases of that particular vintage that Desmond was drinking? That's something.
post #23081 of 23096 Old 04-20-2007, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

So anyways, speaking of Juliet...(yeah, I know, we're weren't, but so what.. )

Okay. now if you showed me this picture outside the context of this thread, I'd never guess it was Juliet. I don't know if its the hairstyle, or all that leg, but I never would have matched the two up.

Chance favors the prepared mind
post #23082 of 23096 Old 04-20-2007, 05:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:

Okay. now if you showed me this picture outside the context of this thread, I'd never guess it was Juliet. I don't know if its the hairstyle, or all that leg, but I never would have matched the two up.

Airbrushing.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Curator,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

post #23083 of 23096 Old 04-20-2007, 07:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Anybody notice we haven't seen any sign of the numbers in, well, practically all season? I keep looking for them, but don't see them anywhere. And they used to be everywhere. For example, I was looking for them in the wine labels being put on by Dez and The Brother - good opportunity for the numbers, but, alas, they weren't there. Somehow it's just not as fun a show when a key piece of the mythology just ups and goes AWOL.

Part of it may be because they were almost fully explained at the end of the web internet game last summer. You and anyone else here who wants to know what the numbers really mean can go look it up right now - there are plenty of sites out there summarizing the results of the web game.

The writers will still probably eventually get around to going over this territory again in the tv episodes, by why wait for the rehash when you could know right now? Get googling.
post #23084 of 23096 Old 04-20-2007, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

He's always been a prick - he just pretended to care before...

Like somebody once said, "if you can fake sincerity, you've got it made"!

ISF calibrated by Eliab - and lovin' it!

post #23085 of 23096 Old 04-20-2007, 07:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyinnyc View Post

really, you don't get the West coast feed? I was under the impression that the East coast Feed covered eastern and central time zones and the west coast offers the feed for pacific and mountain time. Now you have me curious. Time to play with the search engines. At least you give me something more productive to do while I wait for 3:30pm to come along.

I've always been confused by the whole TV prime time thing. Eastern has it 8-11, and Central has it from 7-10. That occurs simultaneously as Central is west of Eastern, so the same feed can be used for both of these time zones. However, that logic doesn't hold for Mountain and Pacific. Pacific prime time is 8-11 and Mountain is 7-10, but that does NOT occur simultaneously because Pacific is west of Mountain.
post #23086 of 23096 Old 04-20-2007, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Uh, I get it! Yuk yuk!

post #23087 of 23096 Old 04-20-2007, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I once made the comment that Sayyid and a few Losties should raid the abandoned camp to gain materials needed to cobble together a simple radio. It just occured to me, Hurley's VW has everything Sayyid would need to make a simple morse code transmitter/receiver with antenna (wire).
At the right time of day/night, atmospheric conditions allow for insane distances of transmission/reception of simple radio signals, there are hobbyist called 'DXers' that get into this stuff. Sayyid would know about this stuff and would easily be capable of putting it together.

The van would have wire (speaker/lights, etc) for antenna, the radio would give the basics needed for signal generation and amplification, alternator + voltage regulator would give basic electricity when coupled with a little 'windmill' to crank it.

Toughest part would be basic tools, but with enough time I'm sure Sayyid could pull it off.
post #23088 of 23096 Old 04-20-2007, 10:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavalierlwt View Post

I once made the comment that Sayyid and a few Losties should raid the abandoned camp to gain materials needed to cobble together a simple radio. It just occured to me, Hurley's VW has everything Sayyid would need to make a simple morse code transmitter/receiver with antenna (wire).
At the right time of day/night, atmospheric conditions allow for insane distances of transmission/reception of simple radio signals, there are hobbyist called 'DXers' that get into this stuff. Sayyid would know about this stuff and would easily be capable of putting it together.

The van would have wire (speaker/lights, etc) for antenna, the radio would give the basics needed for signal generation and amplification, alternator + voltage regulator would give basic electricity when coupled with a little 'windmill' to crank it.

Toughest part would be basic tools, but with enough time I'm sure Sayyid could pull it off.

They already did that. Sayid and Hurley made a radio using the old one they had and some scrap back in season one. They sat on the beach listening to a radio broadcast before the batteries died.

post #23089 of 23096 Old 04-21-2007, 01:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I guess I should have been more clear: a radio transmitter, morse code, to broadcast to the outside world. Send an SOS, that kind of thing. Naturally, that's not going to happen, as the show would be over.
post #23090 of 23096 Old 04-21-2007, 05:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavalierlwt View Post

Well, he's not McGyver you know!

post #23091 of 23096 Old 04-21-2007, 07:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Hmm... perhaps the "Magic Box" that Ben told Locke about was used to wish for a surgeon for Ben, an old girl friend for Desmond, A brother for Mr Echo and a Dad for Locke. It caused all the plane crashes and set us up with where we are today
post #23092 of 23096 Old 04-21-2007, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataxic_dentist View Post

On different note, does anyone besides me think the parachute chick was nasty ugly? I mean she was not pretty AT ALL!

Please do not insult FBT.

A.L.a.E.o.t.U.S., as proven 3/21 - never forget.
Defend liberty.
Knowledge isn't Truth; it's just mindless agreement.
post #23093 of 23096 Old 04-21-2007, 05:23 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Yeah, I don't understand the hate for Jack, either. He was willing to submit himself to the Others, and perhaps get thrown back in the cage or worse (let out only to administer to Ben; could have happened), just for the chance to get off the island and mount a rescue attempt. Which also could have all been a lie; he couldn't know. Jack is all about self-sacrifice; he can't help himself. It's who he is.

Maybe. He's still a tool ..
post #23094 of 23096 Old 04-21-2007, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don S View Post

He's still a tool ..

Yes. And in the way you meant!

post #23095 of 23096 Old 04-21-2007, 05:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay1952 View Post

Hmm... perhaps the "Magic Box" that Ben told Locke about was used to wish for a surgeon for Ben, an old girl friend for Desmond, A brother for Mr Echo and a Dad for Locke. It caused all the plane crashes and set us up with where we are today

it is coming up to Christmas in Lost time. If those things keep falling from the sky I'm starting to think the magic box is just a phone line to Santa. He does decide whose been naughty or nice after all and gifts appropriately.

I hope that wasn't the sound of sleigh hitting the water ...

post #23096 of 23096 Old 04-21-2007, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Well guys - the admins let us keep it going longer than usual due to popular demand, but this thread has reached the limit of what can be handled effectively by the forum. We all would like to keep a permanent record of all the early speculation and theories, and that can still be done via this thread - even after it becomes archived.

Switching now will give us a decent base of discussion in the new thread during the last few weeks of this season, and hopefully all the speculation generated by a fantastic season finale (fingers crossed).

Discussion can continue here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=837662

REMINDER: Any email masochists out there that subscribed to this thread will have to make sure you subscribe to the new thread.
Closed Thread HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page