Desperate Housewives on ABC in HD - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 740 Old 05-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think the producers just wanted some more eye candy now that Edie is gone (and Catherine might be as well).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 740 Old 05-20-2009, 05:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Yeah and please stop impregnating Lynette! I think she was either pregnant or sick every season.. poor gal..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #723 of 740 Old 05-20-2009, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Yeah and please stop impregnating Lynette! I think she was either pregnant or sick every season.. poor gal..

She deserves it. What a cold woman!
post #724 of 740 Old 01-03-2010, 07:26 PM

Liked: 11
When the NY couple found out that the blackmailing bitch was still alive, did she not say "A f**kin plane hit her, what's it gonna take..."

Am I wrong here. I listened to it 10 times.
post #725 of 740 Old 01-03-2010, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

freakin..or "frikkin"...just said it really fast.
post #726 of 740 Old 01-04-2010, 01:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I thought is was a pretty nice way to resolve the cliffhanger from the end of the first half season.

They don't seem to have a problem disposing recurring characters which I find admirable.

Will be interesting to see how the events from the plane crash play out in terms of future plots.
post #727 of 740 Old 01-04-2010, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by petergaryr View Post

I thought is was a pretty nice way to resolve the cliffhanger from the end of the first half season.

They don't seem to have a problem disposing recurring characters which I find admirable.

Will be interesting to see how the events from the plane crash play out in terms of future plots.

The most interesting segment was the one that fleshed out Angie's history. We had figured that she was on the run as a mob witness or from the Feds for some kind of domestic terrorist bombing activity. The latter turned out the be the case, mirroring the activities of the Weatherman group in the Vietnam War era. From the FBI agent's description of Dominic as "a traitor", my guess is that he was a Fed who got involved with his target, Angie, took care of her after she was caught in an explosion, and then ran off with her. Of course whether Angie looks and sounds like your typical radical activist is somewhat debatable.
post #728 of 740 Old 11-06-2011, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Marc Cherry is a genious. Best episode of the series. I don't think the end of this will disappoint like....."Don't Stop Believing"

100% Digital household since 2001
post #729 of 740 Old 05-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Advanced Member

I thought they ended the series really well. I liked the ghosts at the end
post #730 of 740 Old 05-15-2012, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Whitford View Post

Although I liked the finale, I felt they should have just ended it right where the wedding scene was juxtaposed over Karen McClusky dying and Julie Mayer giving birth with the Johnny Mathis song playing in the background. Neighborhoods and streets are constantly dying/being reborn and life goes on on Wisteria Lane regardless of who currently occupies the houses. They gave us all enough that we could each draw our own conclusions as to the futures of each of the main characters, rather than have the writers spell it out for us in the little epilogue. It would have been more fitting, IMHO, and much more powerful.

-Matt
post #731 of 740 Old 05-15-2012, 05:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:

I forgot so many people had died on the show until the ghost scene (minus Edie of course).
post #732 of 740 Old 05-15-2012, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 98
I'm probably in the minority, but I never watched the show. My wife liked it so thank God we have multiple TVs in the house.
post #733 of 740 Old 05-15-2012, 07:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

I'm probably in the minority, but I never watched the show. My wife liked it so thank God we have multiple TVs in the house.

We watched it the first season, which was really pretty fun, and part of the second, which wasn't, before bailing. I've never seen a show take such a nosedive in quality between its first and second seasons. It amazed me that it actually lasted as long as it did. I think a lot of people - mostly women - just formed a habit of watching it, kind of like procedurals and reality shows, and that's what kept it on the air.
post #734 of 740 Old 05-15-2012, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 63
I liked the ghosts but I really would have preferred a Seinfeld type ending where they all got what they deserved rather then being rewarded for their behavior.
post #735 of 740 Old 05-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by David James View Post

I liked the ghosts but I really would have preferred a Seinfeld type ending where they all got what they deserved rather then being rewarded for their behavior.

Considering what THEY did was a crime. They hid and disposed a body, lied to the police about a possible homicide. That is serious stuff no matter how bad the dud is! They should go to jail even if Carlos gets off on self defense. Coverups area always worse!
post #736 of 740 Old 05-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I liked the ending with one exception; what happens with Susan? Did I miss it - or was there really no "peek" for her. I loved the look forward for the other housewives but to have Susan just drive off ... very unsatisfying.

Did I miss something?

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - C.G.Jung

post #737 of 740 Old 05-15-2012, 09:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltownsend View Post

I liked the ending with one exception; what happens with Susan? Did I miss it - or was there really no "peek" for her. I loved the look forward for the other housewives but to have Susan just drive off ... very unsatisfying.

Did I miss something?

I said the same thing but then thought about how Susan had said what she planned to do and that she might have another romance but if she didnt that the memories of Mike would be enough.
post #738 of 740 Old 05-16-2012, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:

I said the same thing but then thought about how Susan had said what she planned to do and that she might have another romance but if she didnt that the memories of Mike would be enough.

Not satisfying enough for a conclusion of a series. They should have showed her as her future self just like everyone else.

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - C.G.Jung

post #739 of 740 Old 05-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltownsend View Post

Not satisfying enough for a conclusion of a series. They should have showed her as her future self just like everyone else.

I thought maybe jumping from her future to her driving off might not have been right but that's exactly what they did on 6 feet under where they showed everybody dying ending with Claire and then returning to Claire in the present driving to New York.

There were some rumors of Teri/Susan being a primadonna. Maybe they got back by not showing her future.
post #740 of 740 Old 05-18-2012, 03:06 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Watched the finale last night. They covered a lot of ground in two hours. I thought it was a pretty good send off/wrap up myself. I missed an ep here or there but watched the vast majority from the whole run. There were ups and downs over the course but I always liked following the latest goings on from the wacky women of Wisteria Lane. The last couple years I did often "watch" the ep's while reading the Sunday paper though since they were pretty easy to follow without paying strict attention. I'm glad I stuck with it all the way through, but I will also be happy with one less show to make room for on the DVR (or more realistically, room to shoehorn another new one in...). Adiós Wisteria Lane, it was a fun ride!

ron
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page