post #181 of 10191 Old 01-24-2005, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

Originally posted by iboon
Let's be honest - Starbuck was a woman in the original series. Don't think that was an accident!

Um....what? Dirk Benedict played starbuck...decidedly male.

I'm no expert....so your mileage may vary
XboxLiveID: archie68
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 10191 Old 01-24-2005, 11:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Wow Dirk Benedict's dirty little secret? What about Sheba?
post #183 of 10191 Old 01-25-2005, 08:37 AM

Wait a minute... Are you saying Lorne Greene was a Drag Queen? I always suspected something funny was going on at the Ponderosa.
post #184 of 10191 Old 01-25-2005, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 606
Quote:

Originally posted by petergaryr
I assumed that the "real" Baltar perished on Caprica during the nuclear blast that blew through his house. Number 6's advice to "get down" would have been as effective as the old "duck and cover" routine we were taught in the 50's.

If Baltar survived the nuclear blast (doubtful), he would by this time be showing major signs of radiation sickness.

Actually, that's a good point. Come to think of it, nobody could have survived that blast (he didn't even have a mark or cut on him). Ergo...Baltar must be a Cylon, specifically, one of those who doesn't "know" he's one - a "sleeper" Cylon like Boomer.

And no comments from the peanut gallery, Darth!
post #185 of 10191 Old 01-25-2005, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:

Originally posted by jim tressler
so whats up with balter and 6 - why is she in his head so much?

Potential spoiler:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Do a google search for "Battlestar Galactica" Baltar chip ... basically, the visions are "being generated by a Cylon device implanted in his mind". That's from an interview with Callis a long time ago (when the original mini was shot) ... so don't know if the series will deviate from that ... but ... that was going to be the deal: http://jamescallis.tripod.com/articl...nemywithin.htm
post #186 of 10191 Old 01-25-2005, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:

Originally posted by petergaryr
I assumed that the "real" Baltar perished on Caprica during the nuclear blast that blew through his house. Number 6's advice to "get down" would have been as effective as the old "duck and cover" routine we were taught in the 50's.

People like to rag on "Duck and Cover" but in reality it makes a lot of sense for blasts that are not in the immediate area as long as you can avoid the effects of fallout; what you're trying to do is survive the effects of the blast wave which are no different from those produced in a conventional explosion.

To put it into context for Caprica, not only were most of the blasts distant (notice that when she tells Baltar to duck, only the window glass is blowing in), but we've seen Caprica has anti-radiation meds as well that presumably Baltar would be able to get his hands on...
post #187 of 10191 Old 01-25-2005, 11:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 522
Quote:

Originally posted by dt_dc
Potential spoiler:
Spoiler  
Do a google search for "Battlestar Galactica" Baltar chip ... basically, the visions are "being generated by a Cylon device implanted in his mind". That's from an interview with Callis a long time ago (when the original mini was shot) ... so don't know if the series will deviate from that ... but ... that was going to be the deal: http://jamescallis.tripod.com/articl...nemywithin.htm

dt_dc, in the mini-series, Number 6 suggests the explanation in your spoiler to Baltar. Interesting to get that confirmation, though.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #188 of 10191 Old 01-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member

Man talk about a stunner! This series only gets better and better! Cant wait for the rest to be produced!

Love my DEF TECH!
post #189 of 10191 Old 01-25-2005, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by psblake
Man talk about a stunner! This series only gets better and better! Cant wait for the rest to be produced!

Holy crap I didn't expect that!

I can't wait till the next round of eps gets put together as well, I just hope that they can maintain the level throughout this big build up.
post #190 of 10191 Old 01-25-2005, 10:25 PM
Advanced Member

too bad the us release is so far behind the british this thread would be rockin!!!!

Love my DEF TECH!
post #191 of 10191 Old 01-26-2005, 12:11 AM
Advanced Member

I just watched episode 13 and all I have to say is....WOW!!

They better bring this show back for another season or there is going to be a hell of alot of pissed off people after watching the last episode

Fernando
post #192 of 10191 Old 01-26-2005, 12:36 PM

Actually baltar did get injured in the blast, he had a cut on his forehead.

You can see this as Boomer and co-pilot have to make an emergency landing and a mob is trying to get on Boomers ship to be taken off the planet.
post #193 of 10191 Old 01-26-2005, 03:55 PM
Advanced Member

I am curious does anyone know when the 14 episode is supposed to be aired or if they even have been made yet?

Love my DEF TECH!
post #194 of 10191 Old 01-26-2005, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I think they've commissioned 6 more scripts but have not started production. They're probably waiting to see how it does here in the states before committing. So far, ratings look relatively strong, critical acclaim is there, and word of mouth seems to be good. (We're all digging it, ain't we?) Hopefully, we'll see more, but probably not for a while. Expect a DVD set shortly after it finishes its U.S. run to tide us over.
post #195 of 10191 Old 01-26-2005, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by archiguy
Expect a DVD set shortly after it finishes its U.S. run to tide us over.

Already up for preorder in R2, check Amazon.co.uk, March 28th I believe..

You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe.
post #196 of 10191 Old 01-26-2005, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

I'd have to admit. I HATED that miniseries, but this is the best Sci-Fi series to come along in a while IMO. Compelling pretty much week to week. A bit of Sci-Fi mixed in with Soap Opera.
post #197 of 10191 Old 01-26-2005, 09:33 PM
Advanced Member

you are right the series is MUCH better. I think why the mini series has problems in my mind as well as others is that we are looking for all the changes from the original.

Evaluation of each change either brings a good or bad reaction to the actor changes, character changes, storyline changes, etc. and doesnt allow you to enjoy the story et. al. for the stories sake. So once you get past all the changes and evalutions and first bad (because bad always sticks out more than good at first) impressions over all these changes and get into the writing and story line it is GREAT best in a while for sure!

Now I cannot wait for the story line to continue! They have added so much to give depth and it is a real adult oriented sci fi. No camp or over the top writing and acting at all! Very real reactions to the circumstances in the story.

How would you feel stuck on caprica, or running for days with little to no sleep....everyone is not a hero and they get grumpy and scared etc. great writing best in Sci fi in a long time!

Instead of getting bored with the endless search and endless cylon attacks, which I think the viewers of the first series did in the end, this writing pulls you in and you really start to identify with the characters and care to see what happens next.

If you haven't seen them all you are in for some fun!

Love my DEF TECH!
post #198 of 10191 Old 01-27-2005, 06:55 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally posted by Mntneer
I'd have to admit. I HATED that miniseries, but this is the best Sci-Fi series to come along in a while IMO. Compelling pretty much week to week. A bit of Sci-Fi mixed in with Soap Opera.

Most shows take a while to get things right. I hated ST: The Next Generation, especially that first episode. To have Troi experience the emotions instead of just reporting them was painful to watch. But, that show really took off.

To a lesser degree, this was the same. I liked the miniseries, but parts of it were a little long or missing something. So far the series just rocks. Looking forward to tomorrow night.

John
post #199 of 10191 Old 01-29-2005, 06:26 AM

I caught last night's episode of BSG on SciFi. This show is excellent, IMO almost as good as Lost. Too bad it's not in HD and confined to the niche market that watches SciFi... because BSG really does have some substance regarding the production of this series... I really enjoyed the back-story involving Adama & Starbuck on last night's episode.

"So say we all..."
post #200 of 10191 Old 01-29-2005, 09:27 AM
RLJ

Watched epsiode 13 a couple days ago (thank you Sky out of the UK). VERY good. And there had better be a 2ns season.
Episode 13 was being classified on Sky as the season finale. I hope in translation that actually means season finale.

Also to note, I liked the original BSG, but I also like this one.
Farsacpe is also good
As is Lexx
B5
SG-1
Atlantis is starting to pick up

They are all good. Each has it's own merits.
post #201 of 10191 Old 01-29-2005, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

"So say we all..."

Finally, most are happy with "SciFi Friday"! Can we wish for all HD now? I hope so, I have not been this happy since SHOWTIME gave up on this idea. At least there is SD TiVo (for SciFi) and D-VHS (OTA UPN HD) for Enterprise, life is good, for sure! SWEET! ;-)

It is "WOW" TV!
post #202 of 10191 Old 01-29-2005, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member

I watched this weeks BSG and it is much improved over previous episodes. The improvement came from not feature Baltar in this episode. I am sick of the Number 6 flashbacks and visions.

anseK®
My DVD Collection

Format War Neutral
Panasonic DMP-BD55K
Samsung BD-P1200
Toshiba HD-A2
post #203 of 10191 Old 01-29-2005, 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ANSEK
I watched this weeks BSG and it is much improved over previous episodes. The improvement came from not feature Baltar in this episode. I am sick of the Number 6 flashbacks and visions.

Episode 104, "Act of Contrition" was definitely a welcome change in the story line for BSG.
Quote:

Originally posted by RLJ Atlantis is starting to pick up

SG Atlantis is entertaining enough... I especially enjoy episodes like the one last night featuring the 'Wraith' those "things" scare me!
post #204 of 10191 Old 01-29-2005, 05:29 PM
Advanced Member

I was checking the UHD schedule for new March listings, still no BSG series episodes.
I was also looking at the IMDB guest star list for the BSG series, and they indicate that the series should run its course and show the 13th episode on April 1st, 2005 on SciFi. So maybe April, after the season finishes on SciFi.

Looking back at February, there was a change to the schedule from the last time I checked. On February 20th, the Prime Movie will be Battlestar Galactica Part 1 from 8-9:30pm and Part 2 from 9:30-11pm (eastern). So, is this the NBC cut with commercial breaks, or the SciFi cut with no breaks at all? Beats me.
post #205 of 10191 Old 01-29-2005, 08:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by Rack
On February 20th, the Prime Movie will be Battlestar Galactica Part 1 from 8-9:30pm and Part 2 from 9:30-11pm (eastern). So, is this the NBC cut with commercial breaks, or the SciFi cut with no breaks at all? Beats me.

UHD has been showing movies uncut, without breaks. I expect that means they'll show the full "four-hour" miniseries in that 3 hour period. But, I could be wrong.....
post #206 of 10191 Old 01-31-2005, 04:02 AM

SciFi is showing BSG episode "Act of Contrition" tonight from 10 - 11 PM EST. For those who have not had the opportunity to catch what is shaping up to be an excellent science fiction series, this is your chance to be entertained.

So say we all...
post #207 of 10191 Old 01-31-2005, 05:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
just watched fridays episode last night.. very nice..
post #208 of 10191 Old 01-31-2005, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Somebody posted this link over on the "24" thread. If you scroll down about, oh, a quarter of the way, there's a great interview with BSG showrunner Ron Moore and old/new actor Richard Hatch. Check it out!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...i-tribtv.story
post #209 of 10191 Old 02-09-2005, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Great news, folks! SciFi just announced they've ordered up a second season of BSG. No word yet on the number of new episodes or when we can expect to see it. Ratings have been steadily climbing as people discover this brilliant show; SciFi must know they have a winner here. And on Friday nights, even! Now, if we could just see it in the HD version in which it's produced...
post #210 of 10191 Old 02-09-2005, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by archiguy
Great news, folks! SciFi just announced they've ordered up a second season of BSG. No word yet on the number of new episodes or when we can expect to see it. Ratings have been steadily climbing as people discover this brilliant show; SciFi must know they have a winner here. And on Friday nights, even! Now, if we could just see it in the HD version in which it's produced...

OUSTANDING!!!!!

I'm no expert....so your mileage may vary
XboxLiveID: archie68
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page