24 - on FOX in HDTV - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 2322 Old 01-12-2005, 08:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So they must be planning to go back to Turkey or some middle eastern country.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 2322 Old 01-12-2005, 09:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So then why would it matter if she told the authorities anything after tomorrow?
post #183 of 2322 Old 01-12-2005, 09:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I guess they were worried she would disrupt their plans. I think by killing her that will push the son over the edge and he might try to mess up their plans himself to get back at them.
post #184 of 2322 Old 01-13-2005, 01:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 473
10x easier to slash the guy's tire, get the delay while he changes it. He carjacks someone else, you follow him, run him off the road... At least as likely to succeed as the moronic robbery / bluff the cops / hope they let you drive off with a hostage BS (which would not have happene).

Please...

I like the show, but that kind of nonsense combined with the "always wrong" head of CTU and the continued nonsense where there is someone evil working at CTU (which appears to be the case again)....

Please....

And I miss President Palmer, too.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working.
post #185 of 2322 Old 01-13-2005, 03:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally posted by tbb1226
I thought killing the young girl was pretty stupid
But it provides a reason for the son to turn against his parents, which is what I think will happen.
post #186 of 2322 Old 01-13-2005, 03:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 297
All this talk about the dippy Chloe being hot….I think the brunette Sarah is boiling hot…..and those delicious lips……Marianne tipped my radar screen as well.

Maybe the terrorists will torture Jack’s girlfriend by forcing her to eat…she is bone thin. She must have attended the Calista Flockhart School for eating.:eek:
post #187 of 2322 Old 01-13-2005, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Aliens
But it provides a reason for the son to turn against his parents, which is what I think will happen.
Yup, me too. He will end up helping CTU by the end and knowing 24 he may end up dying for his effort.

-Brian
post #188 of 2322 Old 01-13-2005, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rogo
10x easier to slash the guy's tire, get the delay while he changes it. He carjacks someone else, you follow him, run him off the road... At least as likely to succeed as the moronic robbery / bluff the cops / hope they let you drive off with a hostage BS (which would not have happene).

Please...

I like the show, but that kind of nonsense combined with the "always wrong" head of CTU and the continued nonsense where there is someone evil working at CTU (which appears to be the case again)....

Please....

And I miss President Palmer, too.
Yes, it would have been easier, but a lot more suspicious unless Jack slashed everyone's tires at the gas station. Otherwise the terrorist would just wonder why his car was signaled out. And he knows that he was possibly being followed just a few minutes before that. The terrorist may put two and two together and not lead Jack back to the SOD. Also, he used the opportunity to take the guys gun and cell phone. He can now have CTU look up some of the recently called phone numbers and could possibly trace their location. I agree that robbing the gas station was a little over the top, but..it got the job done.

-Brian
post #189 of 2322 Old 01-13-2005, 06:16 AM

Remember how the girlfriend told Jack that she was falling in love with him. That is a ploy to get Jack totally distracted from her true mission.

The arab mother has the nastiest eyes I've ever seen. Big watery bloodshot and shiny. Gives me the willies.

Oh Yeah, Chloe is totally hot!!!
post #190 of 2322 Old 01-13-2005, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sangs

I also have a sneaky suspicion about the SOD daughter/Jack's new girlfriend. I'm just basing it on the history of the women in "24." Something is gonna end up being not right with her. I mean, why did they even take her in the first place? They killed everyone else at the scene when they abducted the SOD. Why not her? Think about it.

What better leverage to use against the SOD than his own daughter?
post #191 of 2322 Old 01-14-2005, 12:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 473
sleeks, I'll cut them a little slack because it's no dumber than many things that happened in the first 3 seasons that strained -- greatly -- the "willing suspension of disbelief."

If Jack Bauer weren't one of the baddest badasses ever on TV, I'd have tuned out forever when Dennis Hopper showed up with that godawful accent in Season 1. But I still watch.

Which says everything about how cool the character is and how terrific Kiefer is at playing him.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working.
post #192 of 2322 Old 01-14-2005, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PJO1966

I think the fat guy at CTU will end up saving the day. I don't know why.
He may have a part, but I think the Americanized terrorist son "Behrooz" Sp? will be the hero of the day-- other than that menacing Jack Bauer. At the last minute before the whole country gets shut down by an Internet virus that launches all of the US nukes ourselves, and before the whole country blows up and slides off of the continental shelf into the Pacific Ocean, Behrooz will have a change of heart and go against the family in a climactic moment in the 23rd hour... Well maybe not, just a guess.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't they had a mole in each of the previous seasons. So following that logic, who's the mole this season?

post #193 of 2322 Old 01-14-2005, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Redfin
Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't they had a mole in each of the previous seasons. So following that logic, who's the mole this season?
I don't remember her name but the girl who was on friends and came in as a consultant to help out. The guy used to date her and he was uncomfortable with her working there.

-Brian
post #194 of 2322 Old 01-14-2005, 07:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
He may have a part, but I think the Americanized terrorist son "Behrooz" Sp? will be the hero of the day-- other than that menacing Jack Bauer. At the last minute before the whole country gets shut down by an Internet virus that launches all of the US nukes ourselves, and before the whole country blows up and slides off of the continental shelf into the Pacific Ocean, Behrooz will have a change of heart and go against the family in a climactic moment in the 23rd hour... Well maybe not, just a guess.

I actually thought that he would shoot his mother when she came to get the gun from him. That actually could have been another interesting twist. Considering dear old mom suspected that he wouldn't be able to fininh the job - she poisoned Debbie. So, he could have tried to shot her, only to find that the gun wasn't loaded.

Bottom line - great series - I wish I had a DVR that could record the entire season - and the watch the whoe deal over the couse of a weekend (or a blizzard).

ENJOY!

David
post #195 of 2322 Old 01-14-2005, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
sleeks, I'll cut them a little slack because it's no dumber than many things that happened in the first 3 seasons that strained -- greatly -- the "willing suspension of disbelief."
Agreed...the show goes out on a limb sometimes. I think that if they took this show and squeezed it down to a two-hour movie, each season would make a pretty good movie. When the try to do 24 one-hour episodes, they have to fill time. They take Jack's willingness to break the rules a little over the top sometimes.

That being said, considering the situation he was in, it wasn't a bad move to rob the gas station. Youv'e got to one confident person to take a cop hostage though.

I would hope that there is a "real" Jack out there protecting American interests. I just don't want to know about it.

Shooting a terrorist in the leg to get him talk.....brilliant. It might be "Cruel and unusual" but I want Jack on my team and not on the other team.

-Brian
post #196 of 2322 Old 01-14-2005, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Well we all know the season plot isn't going to end with the trial. So when they get past that deadline, there will be a bigger thing looming that Jack needs to race towards next.
post #197 of 2322 Old 01-14-2005, 07:33 AM

Quote:

Which says everything about how cool the character is and how terrific Kiefer is at playing him.
After watching Phonebooth, I really started appreciating how recognizable and powerful Kiefer's voice is (I think this a great part of his acting personna). He's almost as potent as James Earl Jones, almost

post #198 of 2322 Old 01-14-2005, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
After watching Phonebooth, I really started appreciating how recognizable and powerful Kiefer's voice is (I think this a great part of his acting personna). He's almost as potent as James Earl Jones, almost

He gets it from his old man, Donald.

I'm no expert....so your mileage may vary
XboxLiveID: archie68
post #199 of 2322 Old 01-14-2005, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Sarah is hottie..

Quote:
Originally posted by Aliens
All this talk about the dippy Chloe being hot….I think the brunette Sarah is boiling hot…..and those delicious lips……Marianne tipped my radar screen as well.

Maybe the terrorists will torture Jack’s girlfriend by forcing her to eat…she is bone thin. She must have attended the Calista Flockhart School for eating.:eek:
post #200 of 2322 Old 01-14-2005, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by wco81
Well we all know the season plot isn't going to end with the trial. So when they get past that deadline, there will be a bigger thing looming that Jack needs to race towards next.
I agree..they will rescue the SOD mid-season, then onto the season finale crisis. They have used this formula the past 3 seasons. I am thinking "intervention" to those of you who think Chloe is hot. She is buck toothed and has a lisp. I think she is hilarious and a good actress but certainly not hot.
post #201 of 2322 Old 01-14-2005, 10:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 606
Well, she does have a cute figure, shown to much better effect this year - the producers being conscious of the absence of the incomparable Elisha Cuthbert? To some, that's all the "hot" you need.
post #202 of 2322 Old 01-14-2005, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm still waiting for Chloe to save the day.

Paul
post #203 of 2322 Old 01-14-2005, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tall1
I agree..they will rescue the SOD mid-season, then onto the season finale crisis. They have used this formula the past 3 seasons. I am thinking "intervention" to those of you who think Chloe is hot. She is buck toothed and has a lisp. I think she is hilarious and a good actress but certainly not hot.
They cleaned her up a bit since last season since she apparently has more responsibility at CTU, etc (no longer dressed like a slacker). She isn't unattractive, but she isn't movie star hot either. In other words, she's a real person :-)

post #204 of 2322 Old 01-14-2005, 10:42 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Quote:
Originally posted by Iteki
In other words, she's a real person :-)
And that's one of the reasons that makes her hot. :)
post #205 of 2322 Old 01-14-2005, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
His voice wasn't so powerful when I watched the PAL DVD of the 3rd season. It sounded like Jack had inhaled a little bit of helium, but it was just PAL's 4% speedup to blame.
post #206 of 2322 Old 01-14-2005, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

I agree with Iteki. Mary-Lynn isn't "hot", but she certainly isn't ugly either. I think "cute" is probably a better word to describe her.
post #207 of 2322 Old 01-14-2005, 02:06 PM

I beg to differ about Chole....its her quirks that makes her HOT! Also, she has demonstrated some craftiness.....which is good to have when you are in a jam;>

The Student
post #208 of 2322 Old 01-14-2005, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Student of A/V
I beg to differ about Chole....its her quirks that makes her HOT! Also, she has demonstrated some craftiness.....which is good to have when you are in a jam;>
She's great at sneaking around on the computers, not so good at being sneaky with her personal actions. She totally failed to react when the director broke the news about her friend being in ICU in bad shape. If she had blown her gasket the way she normally would have, the director wouldn't have caught on to her.

post #209 of 2322 Old 01-14-2005, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
In an earlier post, I stated that 24 was shot on 16mm film, I have been told that is not correct, and it is in fact shot on 35mm film.
post #210 of 2322 Old 01-17-2005, 04:42 AM
Advanced Member

bump.

Has anyone else noticed that Erin Driscoll is the actress who played Madeline on "La Femme Nitkita"? Hmm, a secret anti-terrorist organization that uses torture to get information. And Peta Wilson is a lot better looking than Keifer, too.

-Chris
Closed Thread HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page