post #721 of 1927 Old 04-12-2005, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by HawkeyeMatt
how bad did the strobe lights during carries performance affect the picture?
Very little as compared to what native 1080i would had been.

Nadia will exit. Poor song selection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 1927 Old 04-12-2005, 06:05 PM
Advanced Member

Carrie looked smokin hot tonight as did Vonzel. Best performance I hate to say was Constatine and next to go is definatly Nadia who sang a song nobody knows.

Fernando
post #723 of 1927 Old 04-12-2005, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm going to have to change my opinion of Constantine. Anyone who can pull off a Freddy Mercury song is alright in my book. A little pitchy in a few places but overall a good job on a very difficult song to sing.

Dave B.
post #724 of 1927 Old 04-12-2005, 06:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Man, Nadia, what are you doing??? What a horrible song choice. Boooooring. That might be enough to send her home.

Anwar- The exact same boring thing that we've seen every week

Scott- I don't think I have even seen a song where someone sings some parts so well and some parts so pitifully. Yes, the high notes were great, but those other parts were soooo bad. He might have saved Nadia with that.

Bo- Free Bird? Haven't we all heard that song waaay too much already? I didn't even think that was a particularly good job of it. Disapointing for him, I expect more.

Anthony started off very weak but I actually thought he was pretty good towards the end.

Vonzell, another great song. It's funny she has had great performances over many weeks now, but why don't I think she can win? Can't figure it out exactly.

Carrie....It was a nice try. I liked the fact that she gave it a shot. She's my favorite, but that was pretty bad. She did do a good job saving the messed up words, but she could not pull the song off, not even close. I thought she looked great, but she hardly ever looks comfortable performing. It's like she's not convinced of her ability.

Finally, I thought I would never say this, but Constantine kicked ass. Wow, one of the best performances of the year. I almost fell off my chair when I saw the song title thinking how is he possibly going to do that? Well he did! Amazing.
post #725 of 1927 Old 04-12-2005, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Ok, wow. Carrie Underwood. Not only did she pick a great song, which I will admit I am a HUGE fan of that song and of Pat Benatar, but she looked SMOKIN' HOT tonight. I was unable to control myself she was so hot. She pretty much pulled in every guys vote tonight, and picked a great song to remember...even if she fumbled the words and was a bit out of tune. She gave it her all and tried something new. Good for her.

I'm also a big fan of Vonzel. She has the looks, the voice and knows how to work it. She can be incredibly sexy, and her funess is great!

As for the performance of the evening, Constantine couldn't have had it better. That song was given to him on a silver platter, and I bet he was so fired up that it fell on his birth year. He was ON tonight.

This week, sad to say, but Scott is history, if not this week, definitely next. First off, he dissed the two rockers in his opening speech...which was a HUGE no no (Remember, the only 3 people to NOT be in the bottom three thus far is Bo, Constantine and Carri - America loves them) and he was cocky as all hell. He's gone. The song he sang was a good one, but he was awful on the low notes.

If it's not Scott, then it's definitely Nadia. Her days have been numbered, and with a forgettable song, she doesn't have a prayer. With that said, Scott may beat her out and stay one more week ONLY because he had Hall and Oates in the audience, which is definitely rememberable.

I'm glad to see things heating up. If I had it my way, it would be this...

8. Scott (Cocky prick, but has potential with his voice...attitude needs to go!)
7. Anthony (stop singing pu$$y songs buddy!)
6. Nadia (Has the potential, but lacking in song choice)
5. Anwar (Playing it safe, but good voice though!)
4. Vonzel (Gorgeous, talented, great voice)
3. Bo (has been off lately, and Constantine has bee ON)
2. Constantine (Damn, this guy was holding back and hiding his talent...it's coming out now)
1. Carrie (This week was not good singing, but good god is she hot..and has a great voice)

OUT!
post #726 of 1927 Old 04-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Anyone notice the last few weeks that Ryan keeps on cutting off Simon's critique?

Was Simon complimenting or critcizing Constantine tonight? I couldn't really tell.

And how come no one yet has compared Nadia's hair to Sideshow Bob's? :)
post #727 of 1927 Old 04-12-2005, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Thank goodness someone turned Bo onto whitening strips.... :)
post #728 of 1927 Old 04-12-2005, 07:25 PM

OK, I'm going to stick with my initial pick (before the show aired) that Anwar will go, but who could have known that Nadia would blow it so bad. It's also nearly the "kiss of death" to lead off the show.

So, though Anwar would have gone with even a marginal Nadia performance, she's in serious jeopardy to go instead.

Randy keeps saying "Anwar is technically the best singer in the competition." He really needs to get his hearing checked. Anwar isn't fresh. In fact, he's Nikko plus 5 years in dreadlocks.

Scott gave the WORST performance of the night by far. No doubt. Yet having the authors and Paula-the-tone-deaf-cheerleader rooting for him through the song keep him here for another week. He was Hall & Oats, but he should be Haulin' A$$.

Bo... somebody wake me up. Is it just me, or this guy in a serious rut?

Anthony, pull that damned mic away from your face. Then again, nevermind.

Vonzel sang one of my favorite songs from many years ago... used to play that song to death. Not tough to sing, so it's hard to be too impressed. Only one degree from Kevin Bacon, too.

Carrie gave the gutsy performance that someone totally safe can try. I'm glad she did, though I'm not a big fan of the song choice. She should have picked Joan Jett instead... could you hear her singing "I Love Rock n Roll"? That would have brought the house down!

Will someone please tell Constantine that "astonishing" is NOT a compliment? There are some songs nobody else should be allowed to sing. This is one of them... it tore me up to hear the Readers Digest AI Condensed Version. My kids who had never heard the song before asked, "what was THAT, Daddy?"

Ahh, maybe I'm too hard on him because I can't stand to look at him. Yeah, it was kinda fun. For me (like Simon) it was "astonishing" in the same way as that woman in the circus who hangs on a rope by her teeth with a guy hanging on each leg. ;)

So, in short... Anwar should go, but Nadia may have made it a competition. Doesn't matter, though. If she leaves, it'll be his turn next week.
post #729 of 1927 Old 04-12-2005, 08:32 PM

Tonight's Performance Rating

1) Vonzell - Wow. Consistently great start to end - NO bad spots. Good performance.
2) Constantine - I didn't think he could pull off that song. Boy was I surprised (again).
3) Anthony - Can't believe I'm saying this. May have saved his skin to live another week.
4) Nadia - Sung very well, even though I've never heard that song before in my life.
5) Carrie - Strong until the end, which sounded like opera instead of rock (not good). Uncomfortable performance.
6a) Bo - Most boring rendition of Free Bird I've ever heard.
6b) Scott - Weak low parts, really good high/chorus parts.
7) Anwar - Pretty good, but lots of weak parts that sounded (as usual) like Stevie Wonder doing Dionne Warwick.

Vote Rating (includes image & past performances)

1) Carrie (hanging by a thread)
2) Vonzell (still rising)
3) Constantine (fastest rising)
4) Bo (dropping - he's in a rut)
5) Nadia
6) Scott
7) Anthony
8) Anwar

Anthony may have saved himself from going next with this last ditch good performance. I think it's a toss-up this week between Anwar & Scott, although Nadia's bad (Crystal Gayle???) song choice may send her to the showers - even though she's the best singer in the bottom 4.

Damn I do like this show. These 8 are all very good. This was a really great performance week across the board. Quite entertaining.
post #730 of 1927 Old 04-12-2005, 09:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I concur with Hampster. This was a good week for all. Amazing what experience will do. I really liked Vonzell tonight. Scott was better than they said but I don't like him much either. Carrie tried to break out of her mold and it worked for me (like anything she could do wouldn't). I still think Nadia may be the most professional out there, but her song choices are taking her down.
post #731 of 1927 Old 04-12-2005, 09:52 PM
AVS Special Member

The thing about Scott's song is this. Everyone knows the song was done originally by Hall & Oates. The song was written and arranged for 2 people, One sang the low parts and one sang the high parts. If either one of them tried to sing it by themselves they would have done the same thing Scott did, and that is screw up the part that wasn't in their range. It was a stupid song selection for Scott.

I think he has a pretty good voice but has not done well the last 3 weeks in a row. Plus he mouthed off to Simon by saying millions of people thought he did OK. In the past anyone who did that got voted off that week. That's why I think Scott will go this week.

Dave B.
post #732 of 1927 Old 04-12-2005, 09:55 PM

Carrie - she was hot, sounded good to me, showed some diversity,
needs dance lessons, but come on -- pat benater can't sing
worth crap either .... the song sound bad because she couldn't
sound as bad a pat did in the recording ... final 2.

Vonzell - definately looking better each week, she was fun, had great
stage presense and looked hot. Shes got a great voice, didn't
use it much. She won't win, IMHO ... but final 3 for sure.

Constantine - I thought he did good, final 3-4 now. You want to hate him,
but he is good. I just keep thinking of him singing that sting
song and how bad it was.

Bo - Got a bad rap. It wasn't his best, but this guys worked harder than the rest to get here. This dude would rock every show and isn't that worth anything anymore?! Final 4, but I agree, he's struggling a bit. I don't know if
AI can let a rocker win ... I hope so, but rockers have a tough life and I think this show will just be another chapter for Bo.

Nadia - Gotta go, horrible song selection. Distracting hair. Looked like she
was wearing pajamas or something. Better than Scott by a bit. I just
hope either her or Scott goes next.

Scott - Agree with previous post, great highs, but terrible lows. Simon nailed it -- because half of the song was sung out of tune. But when he laid on the attitude I just wanted to say goodbye to our AI trashboy. Talking back to the judges and dissing the others -- suicide. Only the freak vote can save scott now.

Anthony - He was actually ok, after the beginning. These guys can't sing any low notes for some reason. Hes the girl favorite, so even if he's worst, the girls will vote for him. My wife still thinks Shaun Cassidy was a good singer! THe girls will keep him in it for 2-3 shows beyond his shelf life.

Anwar - good voice, but come on, boring dude! THere is not market for this guy ... I just keep thinking baby face or similar. Not going to sell a lot of records with this guy, despite his great upper register.
post #733 of 1927 Old 04-12-2005, 09:57 PM

Well, Fantasia mouthed off 2 or 3 times ... and she ended up winning (somehow). I hated her attitude ... and where is she now? I think degarmo sold more albums to date.
post #734 of 1927 Old 04-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Advanced Member

WTF? Was Paula drunk/high on tonite's show?
post #735 of 1927 Old 04-12-2005, 10:05 PM
AVS Special Member

With the exception of Vonzell and Constantine, I thought they all did a sucky job tonight.

Carrie - Not hot. In fact that was scary bad. Embarassingly bad. Like a high school talent show performance.

Bo - I've never understood his appeal. I mean, he's OK, in some sort of revisionist time machine way. Tonight was excruciating. Freebird? That's not a song anymore, it's a joke.

Scott - Painful. If his singing wasn't bad enough, his stage presence and punky cockiness was sickening. The girls say "Scott, knock me up, and then knock me down!"

Nadia - Booorrrrinnnggg. Cool hair though. Wasn't it a little weird that Simon puts the two black girls in one slot? I didn't realize there was a quota for them.

Anwar - What? Was someone singing? Oh never mind, the elevator has landed.

Anthony - So outclassed by everyone else, not even in the same league.
post #736 of 1927 Old 04-12-2005, 10:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Carrie - Not hot. In fact that was scary bad. Embarassingly bad. Like a high school talent show performance.
In this case...Hot = Good Looking Chick

Not

Hot = Great singing performance

Just wanted to clear things up there.

:D
post #737 of 1927 Old 04-12-2005, 11:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Well IMO she was neither tonight. A little bit of the deer in the headlights look.
post #738 of 1927 Old 04-13-2005, 04:41 AM

I really wish they would stop thinking they've got to walk down into the audience and up the runway. It looks stupid, and you can see that they're thinking too much about not tripping down the stairs. Especially Carrie last night.

Scott basically dissed his audience by saying "I'm doing what millions out there don't have the guts to do. I think I rocked."

He kicked himself into the bottom 3, but I don't think he'll go.

I was thinking this morning about the performances again. I can remember what everyone sang except Anwar. That's why I still think he'll go.
post #739 of 1927 Old 04-13-2005, 05:05 AM
Advanced Member

I think that the comments after this show indicate the most agreement of opinion that we have ever seen here. It seems clear that Nadia, Scott, and Anwar will be in the bottom three. But of course there have been surpises before!

Thumbs down to Fox for making tonight's show an hour. Thank god for Tivo!
post #740 of 1927 Old 04-13-2005, 05:12 AM

An hour? I see a cheesy group performance, and probably a return trip on-stage for Rubin. We'll tell you after the break.
post #741 of 1927 Old 04-13-2005, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hampster
Anwar - Pretty good, but lots of weak parts that sounded (as usual) like Stevie Wonder doing Dionne Warwick.
This just cracks me up. Exactly!
post #742 of 1927 Old 04-13-2005, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

The only thing that makes Freebird a great song are the guitars! Really bad song choice Bo!

"If you never did, you should. These things are fun and fun is good."- Dr. Seuss
post #743 of 1927 Old 04-13-2005, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Once again, Constantine tops Carrie Underwhelm. Can the Babewatch crowd carry Carrie?

One thing I got from Tuesday night: Simon is a closet Queen fan.
post #744 of 1927 Old 04-13-2005, 06:46 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally posted by PrimeTime
One thing I got from Tuesday night: Simon is a closet Queen fan.
Aren't we all? :)
post #745 of 1927 Old 04-13-2005, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

I thought Simon was just a closet Queen. :p

"If you never did, you should. These things are fun and fun is good."- Dr. Seuss
post #746 of 1927 Old 04-13-2005, 07:33 AM

The thing to note here is that Carrie isn't living up to her full potential yet. She could be great. Many of the others are performing at or near full potential and still are not so great.

Vonzell is showing she has full star potential and seems to be realizing that potential very quickly. She'll be a force to be reckoned with in the end.

Its now the Carrie, Vonzell, Constantine show ... with Bo as the Wildcard man.
post #747 of 1927 Old 04-13-2005, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member

Bo's problem the last few weeks, and mostly the entire competition is that he is choosing "band" songs with the exception of the Croce song and last weeks abysmal Show tunes. Bo has to realize that this show is about the individual performer. A million other bar bands have sang Remedy, and Freebird. Bo can be a star and win the competition but he has to want to be more than merely a frontman. If he was going to choose a band song, maybe some Eagles would have been more of a challenge.

Constantine-Ugh..I don't know..the performance was great, but I had to agree with Randy. The singing was just barely a 7. Take away the glitter and there is nothing there. Another "band" song.

Vonzel-Wow'ed me again. She is coming up strong. One of the more enjoyable performances last night.

Carrie-No one should sing Pat Benatar except Pat Benatar. Love is a Battlefield is a mid-tempo song, that Carrie took to the next level. She missed the boat, but I still enjoy her. Simon was right. Carrie is no tigress, but makes a very appealing cat.

Scott-Ugh..the verses were mauled and his limitations were glaring. He is gone this week or next.

Anthony-Not very good. ZZZZZZZZZZZ....He is gone this week or next.

Nadia-She is losing me fast. I love the fact that she picks some unique songs, but she isn't good enough to make them excting or interesting. Her days are numbered as well.

Anwar-ZZZZZZZZZZZ-he is totally forgettable. I thought he was one of the top performers. I can do without him. He comes across as too androgenous to be appealing to either sex. No excitement there whatsoever.
post #748 of 1927 Old 04-13-2005, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by oldskoolboarder
WTF? Was Paula drunk/high on tonite's show?
I thought she looked straighter than usual, but definitely buzzed. Scott is disgusting and his performance was a joke, he HAS to go. I guess Hall and Oates are just too classy to barf in public.
post #749 of 1927 Old 04-13-2005, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Bo - I like him, but that wasn't great

Nadia - great job on a boring song

Scott - has to go. that was painful to listen to. Yes the low bits were bad, and some of the high parts weren't so great either. The few times he actually hit a couple of the high notes really sounded great. Insulting the audience by saying you're doing what others don't have the courage to do should get you booted.

Carrie - I like her and I love Pat Benetar, but she didn't pull that off. She has it in her, but this wasn't it.

Vonzel - keeps improving every week, but I don't think she's unique.

Constantine - did better than I thought... but I repeat... his glaring look is not sexy... it's creepy.

Anthony - sounded much better than he has before. That song was perfect for his voice. Also the AI makeover crew is doing a good job. His appearance is better each week.

Anwar - I agree that Randy needs to have his hearing checked. Technically he was not as good as some of the others last night. I still think his voice his thin & reedy.

I truly think that Scott is on borrowed time. He should have been gone long ago. If it's not him that goes I hope it's Anwar.
post #750 of 1927 Old 04-13-2005, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by audiomagnate
I thought she looked straighter than usual, but definitely buzzed. Scott is disgusting and his performance was a joke, he HAS to go. I guess Hall and Oates are just too classy to barf in public.
I thought Paula was completely out of it... again.

Hall & Oats were just happy that someone was singing their song.
Closed Thread HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page