Forum Jump: 

post #811 of 978 Old 05-08-2009, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Wow, long time since anyone posted.

Well, not much to say about the 100th episode. It was predictable that Izzy would be the one getting married...really as far back as the news spread that "there will be A wedding". I mean, why would they say it that way if it was going to be the one everyone would expect, aka Meredith's. But it was still written and shot beautifully. But now I feel more than ever Izzy is going to die. Guess the actress is getting too big for TV.

Glad to see George getting some air time, though they better do something with this whole trauma angle to keep his character going from 10% relevancy on the show to 0%.

Also, if ABC had a problem with Dr. Haun's character development--thus axing the character--I don't understand why she was replaced by Arizona (ped surgeon). What's different about this story with Callie that makes it better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 978 Old 05-08-2009, 07:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:

What's different about this story with Callie that makes it better?

Haun was a bitch! Treated everyone rudely and was condescending. That right there didn't make her likable and thus a relationship with Callie believeable.

Afro GT
post #813 of 978 Old 05-08-2009, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

Haun was a bitch! Treated everyone rudely and was condescending. That right there didn't make her likable and thus a relationship with Callie believeable.

Actually, I kinda have a different take on it. Haun wasn't attractive. Arizona is. It's much easier for the viewing audience to accept lesbianism on TV if the girls are attractive. It's a perception thing.

Chet
post #814 of 978 Old 05-08-2009, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
One more episode and I'm done...this show is an awful...they should have ended it a long time ago

Josh
PSN: lax01
post #815 of 978 Old 05-08-2009, 11:03 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell View Post

Actually, I kinda have a different take on it. Haun wasn't attractive. Arizona is. It's much easier for the viewing audience to accept lesbianism on TV if the girls are attractive. It's a perception thing.

Bingo!
post #816 of 978 Old 05-08-2009, 11:04 AM
sfb

Hopefully they will finally kill off Izzy next week and then we won't have to be subjected to Denny anymore.
post #817 of 978 Old 05-08-2009, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfb View Post

Hopefully they will finally kill off Izzy next week and then we won't have to be subjected to Denny anymore.

Ya, when he was alive, it was not so bad, but I cannot make myself like her/Denny together now. It is old! (honestly, Izzy is getting old too, too much of a drama queen, even for Grey's!)

On the other hand, I like the writing with Meridith and Derek this season and the finale is no different, they just work well together... The way they looked at each other in the church was really good, if not great acting/scene cutting....

KD0MOF

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the poster's only and NOT that of the poster's employers.
post #818 of 978 Old 05-08-2009, 10:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell View Post

I was gonna add that Arizona is better looking but didn't want to seem superficial (but I probably am!). Plus I figured someone would claim Callie and Arizona are lipstick lesbians and doing a disservice to the lesbian community since most couples don't look like that.

Afro GT
post #819 of 978 Old 05-11-2009, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 103
More Denny, Izzie still alive, no MerDer wedding... is this season over at last?

They ARE implying that she will die, aren't they?

Unless Derek does some more miracle heroics I don't see her living much now..

And Denny came for her... to take her to the other side...

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #820 of 978 Old 05-12-2009, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Well, Derek does seem to have some crazy ability to do the impossible or at least things no one ever thought of before.

I too hate Denny. Even more, I hate the entire storyline and the direction they took the Izzie character. She was this strong girl who worked against the odds to pull herself up and in just a few episodes, they turned her into a blithering idiot who competely forgot what it meant to be a doctor and do what she had done to the point of killing people, then they allowed the hospital to let her keep working.

XBOX Live: SheriffTruman

Do you want a nice Keystone Jack panel behind your TV with HDMI, and Toslink? Check This Thread at AVS
post #821 of 978 Old 05-12-2009, 10:17 AM

Grey's Anatomy is like Lost. Just when you think a character is dead and buried, they come back for a multi-episode arc.

So, my SWAG is that Izzy does die during the season finale, but after the funeral, Alex is in a car accident and he hallucinates Izzy and Denny on and off all next season.
post #822 of 978 Old 05-12-2009, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

They should do a crossover between Grey's and House, bring the hallucinations together!

Denny, Kutner and Amber in one place..

post #823 of 978 Old 05-12-2009, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlar View Post

they should do a crossover between grey's and house, bring the hallucinations together!

Denny, kutner and amber in one place..

lol

KD0MOF

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the poster's only and NOT that of the poster's employers.
post #824 of 978 Old 05-13-2009, 06:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllinifan View Post

Grey's Anatomy is like Lost. Just when you think a character is dead and buried, they come back for a multi-episode arc.

So, my SWAG is that Izzy does die during the season finale, but after the funeral, Alex is in a car accident and he hallucinates Izzy and Denny on and off all next season.

If that happens, I might just stab myself in the eye.

Do you want a nice Keystone Jack panel behind your TV with HDMI, and Toslink? Check This Thread at AVS
post #825 of 978 Old 05-14-2009, 08:11 PM
AVS Special Member

I heard rumors that TR and Katherine wanted off the show...wow, seems like it just may happen. I thought George's army joining was a nice send off, but it absolutely floored me when he ended up being John Doe. Wow.

Can't say I didn't see Izzy's medical drama coming though.

All in all, a very nice finale.
post #826 of 978 Old 05-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Advanced Member

Knew it was George almost from the beginning...Izzie's late turn for the worse totally surprised me, even though I had heard she was going to leave the show.
post #827 of 978 Old 05-14-2009, 08:39 PM
AVS Special Member

damn...ugh...they sucked me back in...i guess i'll watch the first few eps of next season...

I'm guessing its starting off with a double funeral...

Josh
PSN: lax01
post #828 of 978 Old 05-14-2009, 11:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I really want to send the Ped doctor in front of that same bus.
post #829 of 978 Old 05-15-2009, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Don't see a thread so I'll also mention here that Shonda Rhimes' other show, "Private Practice" also had a nicely suspenseful finale.

I watched it from the beginning because I love Addison as a character. But now they've got her back in the same situation of committing adultery again and it kinda pisses me off. After everything she has done and been through leading to her desire to get away from Derek and Seattle, to lead her back to this is aggravating. I don't want that for the story or the character. Almost of the point of contemplating not watching anymore.

Aside from that, the whole cutting-out-the-baby thing....wooo yah. Way to end...
post #830 of 978 Old 05-15-2009, 07:06 AM
Advanced Member

Here is a link to an interview with Shonda Rhimes where she clears-up some rumors about the show and the actors (do not read unless you have seen last night's show!).

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/...reys.html#more
post #831 of 978 Old 05-15-2009, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
hello all,

Loved the finale, but it was a flashback to an ER eposide. When Omar Epps jumped in front of train, and the doctors didn't know it was him until his beeper went off.

I watch to much TV.

June
"IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
post #832 of 978 Old 05-15-2009, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sptrout View Post

Here is a link to an interview with Shonda Rhimes where she clears-up some rumors about the show and the actors (do not read unless you have seen last night's show!).

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/...reys.html#more

All she said was "we don't discuss private conversations"....not much clearing up.
post #833 of 978 Old 05-16-2009, 12:06 AM
AVS Special Member

I think the George surprise was big because they thought he was there in the hospital until the chief said that he went home early, by that time he was writing 007 on Mer's hand, nice shocker...

Izzie, we kinda knew it, so she's in the elevator to "heaven" and George is either joining her, or saying goodbye, darn another wait and see..

post #834 of 978 Old 05-16-2009, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeacock22 View Post

Don't see a thread so I'll also mention here that Shonda Rhimes' other show, "Private Practice" also had a nicely suspenseful finale.

It is not cool to mention plot details of other shows in threads (even though yours are minor and probably easy to figure out given the way the show is going). It would probably be best served if you started a thread for Private Practice.

As far as Greys, I really am not sure if I will keep watching. I will have to see how I feel next fall. Personally, I think they are just blatanly screwing the viewers over with these last second twists. I could almost give them the whole George thing (though why not let him go off and live?), but to have Izzie all the sudden start getting better then drop dead reeks of soap opera type story lines IMO. I am sure she will be revived for next year if they work it all out, which will make it even worse IMO. I like the show for lots of reasons, but some of these plotlines can be aggravating.

post #835 of 978 Old 09-25-2009, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

No Grey's fans out there? How did y'all think the season premiere went down? I'm just gonna say, I wish they didn't do the whole heroic throw-himself-in-front-of-a-bus thing. I think it was enough that George was joining the army and leaving the hospital. That would have been a nice send off for his character.

Between Izzy losing time over the Denny incident and now cancer, it is a wonder how she is keeping up with the other residents. Just a random thought.

I'm not initially liking this whole Seattle Grace/Mercy West merger story line. We'll see how it plays out.
post #836 of 978 Old 09-25-2009, 08:02 AM
Advanced Member

Juuuuust a bit too weepy for me; good, but weepy. And the scene at the cemetary where the cast was laughing, it kind of felt that they were laughing at the writers and at us for swallowing all of the outlandish ideas.

I was hoping, for the briefest of moments, that the cast had punked us all and that it really wasn't George on the table. Imagine the WTF moment they could have had with George walk into the room and say, "What's going on?" That would have been cool!

In the end, I wish Izzy had gone instead of George. George was everyman, one of the few cast members not Hollywood gorgeous; he was normal, like the viewers. His presence shall be missed. Plus, enough whining Izzy; between you and your real-life counterpart, I've had enough.

I'll keep watching the show, mostly for Bailey and for the medical drama, but it has definitely passed it's high-water mark. It's like ER after Clooney and Edwards left, still good, but not nearly as good.

Finally, it'd be great if they brought Burke back (now that George has left); imagine the possiblities.
post #837 of 978 Old 09-25-2009, 08:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

In the end, I wish Izzy had gone instead of George. George was everyman, one of the few cast members not Hollywood gorgeous; he was normal, like the viewers. His presence shall be missed. Plus, enough whining Izzy; between you and your real-life counterpart, I've had enough.

Meredith is far from gorgeous in my opinion. I think she looks even worse in HD. Izzy is hot but became annoying with the Denny thing. George needed to go because the writers had nothing for him the last couple seasons, especially last year.

Afro GT
post #838 of 978 Old 09-25-2009, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

I too thought for one moment, what if it wasn't George and TD made one last appearance, hauling off to the army? That would have been a great shock!

And yes, Bailey is a top-notch character.
post #839 of 978 Old 09-25-2009, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

The writers should be ashamed as should the producers. After essentially ignoring George for the past two seasons, the writers tried to wring every possible tear out of his death. And the producers let him suffer through personal issues because of Burke's predjuices, then, just strung him along knowing he would have to resign if he had any self-respect left so they could finally kill him off for a season ending finale and a two hour next season opening. Have they no shame?

fafner
post #840 of 978 Old 09-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fafner View Post

The writers should be ashamed as should the producers. After essentially ignoring George for the past two seasons, the writers tried to wring every possible tear out of his death. And the producers let him suffer through personal issues because of Burke's predjuices, then, just strung him along knowing he would have to resign if he had any self-respect left so they could finally kill him off for a season ending finale and a two hour next season opening. Have they no shame?

fafner

Apparently not; it's sad and the show is weaker because of his absence. Despite Burke's real-life persona being a jerk, losing his character made the show a lot worse than it was when it began. Now there are too many characters. It's a mess, a watchable mess, sometimes well written mess, but a mess nonetheless.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page