Grey's Anatomy on ABC - Page 30 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #871 of 978 Old 05-21-2010, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 123
They also pitched in the political agenda, I so hate that.. in previous episodes they pushed "see? this patient doesn't have health insurance and now this happens", this one.. "see? guns and ammo are so easy to obtain and this happens"...

Other than that the finale rocked..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 978 Old 05-21-2010, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

They also pitched in the political agenda, I so hate that.. in previous episodes they pushed "see? this patient doesn't have health insurance and now this happens", this one.. "see? guns and ammo are so easy to obtain and this happens"...

Sorry, but I would less equate that with pushing an agenda, but showing reality. Way to many people don't have health insurance; guns and ammo are way to easy to get. I didn't hear any preaching about how to correct these situations.
post #873 of 978 Old 05-21-2010, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

Yes, regardless of how I feel about a particular issue, I don't like my TV preaching at me. I actually agree with the show's stance on both of the political arguments you cited, but regardless, for a writer to throw in any political issue in a ham handed fashion doesn't impress me much.
post #874 of 978 Old 05-22-2010, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Wow guys, a little conspiracy theory-minded, aren't we?
post #875 of 978 Old 05-22-2010, 08:09 AM

Location: She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.
Liked: 10
the show was good I kept thinking if some one had a gun they could have ended it . a reason to carry . I didn't understand when the swat guy shoot him why he didn't finish him off ! I know it's TV but not realistic . I could not believe who many main characters were shot and a two died . I know they were new to the show but they played a big part in the season .
post #876 of 978 Old 05-22-2010, 10:46 AM

Several of these questions have been answered in this interview with Shonda Rhimes (Warning, some spoilers!)

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/05/...-finale-scoop/

Quotes:

"Let's shift gears to the actual crisis itself. I get that there's a certain suspension of disbelief that comes with stories like this. But I don't get why the SWAT team didn't take the gunman out after they shot him the first time. It looked like they easily could have gotten a second shot in there.
RHIMES: They didn't have a clear shot of him again.

But he was just laying there on the floor.
RHIMES: But Lexie was in between them. And then she got up and was still in between them. And she's running away and he's running away at the same time. So I don't see that they could have gotten a clear shot.

Fans are joking that Seattle has the worst SWAT team in the country.
RHIMES: That's a shame because we have these super awesome SWAT guys who talked us through everything. And we had a meeting in which I said, Seriously, it would be five guys in a group searching [the entire] hospital? That sounds crazy to me. And they said that's how it works. And for me, it made it so much more horrible because that hospital is enormous. And the idea that just five guys are going to save them is ridiculous on so many levels, and yet, that's how it works. When you're looking for a shooter, you don't have a bunch of people all spread out apparently."

Sverre
post #877 of 978 Old 05-22-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samundsen View Post

Several of these questions have been answered in this interview with Shonda Rhimes (Warning, some spoilers!)

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/05/...-finale-scoop/

Quotes:

"Let's shift gears to the actual crisis itself. I get that there's a certain suspension of disbelief that comes with stories like this. But I don't get why the SWAT team didn't take the gunman out after they shot him the first time. It looked like they easily could have gotten a second shot in there.
RHIMES: They didn't have a clear shot of him again.

But he was just laying there on the floor.
RHIMES: But Lexie was in between them. And then she got up and was still in between them. And she's running away and he's running away at the same time. So I don't see that they could have gotten a clear shot.

Fans are joking that Seattle has the worst SWAT team in the country.
RHIMES: That's a shame because we have these super awesome SWAT guys who talked us through everything. And we had a meeting in which I said, Seriously, it would be five guys in a group searching [the entire] hospital? That sounds crazy to me. And they said that's how it works. And for me, it made it so much more horrible because that hospital is enormous. And the idea that just five guys are going to save them is ridiculous on so many levels, and yet, that's how it works. When you're looking for a shooter, you don't have a bunch of people all spread out apparently."

Thanks for posting that. I was thinking a real life situation would have resulted in a steady flow of police into the building. Not sure why that would not be the best tactic. I would think if they had 200 police (do not all have to all be SWAT imo) storming the building a lot less people would have been shot and they could have located the shooter in a few minutes. I am also not sure why they could not have used hospital surveillance cameras to locate the shooter quickly.
post #878 of 978 Old 05-22-2010, 01:40 PM

It's TV, people. Deal with it.

The only thing that upset me was that Christina wasn't the one to die.
post #879 of 978 Old 05-22-2010, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 16
they essentially killed off all the new characters they introduced in the merger. brilliant(ly lame)
post #880 of 978 Old 05-22-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ou8thisSN View Post

they essentially killed off all the new characters they introduced in the merger. brilliant(ly lame)

The Mercy Westers certainly got no mercy.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. My wife actually cheered when the first girl got it right between the eyes.
post #881 of 978 Old 05-23-2010, 12:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeacock22 View Post

Wow guys, a little conspiracy theory-minded, aren't we?

Nope.
post #882 of 978 Old 09-24-2010, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

So, after such a huge finale, what could they premiere with? It's roughly a month later, apparently and everyone is still pretty shaken. Clearly this season will be about how each character individually responds. Should be interesting! I did notice Izzy's absence on the show more than ever. Sad times.

The rest of my post also has to do with Private Practice, so spoiler tags:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Shonda Rhimes is disappointingly following the same story arc in both her shows. Major character(s) die at the finale, people are coping on the premiere, and a spontaneous wedding happens. I do like the connection, however loose, that the two shows keep. Derek's sister not being able to contact him after the shooting and all. She might be making a trip over to Grey's soon, by all indication.
post #883 of 978 Old 11-03-2010, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

So are we enjoying Grey's Anatomy this season? I liked the documentary-style episode. I've enjoyed looking into to the psyche of the characters in the post-shooting timeframe. So it has been a good series of episodes for me. Looks like it is coming to a head next week.

It was a bit of a shock to see that Callie and Arizona will be gone. I heard the lady that plays Arizona had a baby and needs some time off, but Callie? She's like a cornerstone of their cast. Maybe something will happen to change her mind at the last minute before leaving to Africa.

There's not a Private Practice thread and I don't think there is enough interest to start one, so here are my thoughts on it, particularly the last, shocking minute of the episode:

Spoiler  
I was completely taken by surprise at what happened to Charlotte. This is going to have serious repercussions for these characters. I welcome the plot twist. It has been a big stagnate. I don't particularly like Addison and Sam together. Wondering where Naomi is. I like Derek's sister being added to the cast. She's a good one. But yah, I can't wait for this week's episode to see the fallout from Charlotte's attack.
post #884 of 978 Old 11-03-2010, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

So are we enjoying Grey's Anatomy this season? I liked the documentary-style episode. I've enjoyed looking into to the psyche of the characters in the post-shooting timeframe. So it has been a good series of episodes for me. Looks like it is coming to a head next week.

It was a bit of a shock to see that Callie and Arizona will be gone. I heard the lady that plays Arizona had a baby and needs some time off, but Callie? She's like a cornerstone of their cast. Maybe something will happen to change her mind at the last minute before leaving to Africa.

There's not a Private Practice thread and I don't think there is enough interest to start one, so here are my thoughts on it, particularly the last, shocking minute of the episode:

Spoiler  
I was completely taken by surprise at what happened to Charlotte. This is going to have serious repercussions for these characters. I welcome the plot twist. It has been a big stagnate. I don't particularly like Addison and Sam together. Wondering where Naomi is. I like Derek's sister being added to the cast. She's a good one. But yah, I can't wait for this week's episode to see the fallout from Charlotte's attack.

I read an article on this. Even though I don't watch the show anymore, Callie and Arizona will still be on the show. It'll only be a short period of time where they are "rarely" on the show. They'll be back in full force after a short period of time.

Chet
post #885 of 978 Old 11-19-2010, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

That was a pretty funny episode; nice to have a lighter tone. Good to see Mark and Callie together.

Although... that moment when Lexi told the parents their younger son had passed away was chilling. I've worked in a hospital before and that was so authentically acted, it sent shivers across my skin.
post #886 of 978 Old 01-11-2011, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Uh uh.. you saw last show right? then it kind of repeats on real life, at least nobody has blamed the show.. whew!

They did exactly the same thing for the brain swelling in real life and we kinda know what's it's about now..

But sadly not everyone made it alive in current events, unlike Grey's

post #887 of 978 Old 02-01-2011, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Callie pregnant? Holy crap. This week will be interesting, provided they keep up with new episodes every week. (see my post in Castle)

Now in NE Tucson, AZ with a cheap rabbit ears antenna. Got everything except KTTU (MyNetwork).
post #888 of 978 Old 02-07-2011, 10:52 AM

Hey everyone! did anyone see Thursday's episode? There was this song by this great band- I think called The Boxer's Rebellion and I was wondering if anyone knew it! Love the show! Thanks!
post #889 of 978 Old 02-07-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afd252 View Post
Hey everyone! did anyone see Thursday's episode? There was this song by this great band- I think called The Boxer's Rebellion and I was wondering if anyone knew it! Love the show! Thanks!
Saw it, but I don't care for the music. It's all white noise to me. I *did* like that a Ben Folds song was on once a couple years ago.

Now in NE Tucson, AZ with a cheap rabbit ears antenna. Got everything except KTTU (MyNetwork).
post #890 of 978 Old 03-31-2011, 09:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Well, the musical episode was tonight. Sara Ramirez did a good job; the rest of the cast? Well, they are actors, not singers. Autotune was definitely squeezed for all it was worth. Most of the song selections were good, but there were a couple near the beginning that didn't make much sense. "How to Save a Life" was definitely the highlight.
post #891 of 978 Old 04-01-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:

Well, the musical episode was tonight. Sara Ramirez did a good job; the rest of the cast? Well, they are actors, not singers. Autotune was definitely squeezed for all it was worth. Most of the song selections were good, but there were a couple near the beginning that didn't make much sense. "How to Save a Life" was definitely the highlight.

Doesn't come close to both of Buffy's episodes, but Sara did a really good job.

Kate Walsh was wasted.
post #892 of 978 Old 04-04-2011, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Sara singed well, the rest.. meh.. some songs were boring as hell..

As for a musical on this show.. not for me.. specially if it was a very important stuff going on...

post #893 of 978 Old 09-29-2011, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Wow seriously nobody posts here anymore?

(even got an old thread warning)

So.... they will likely lose Zola, but I don't understand, if Yang can't take care of a child and Meredith wants a child why they just don't take Yang's child and problem solved?

Too bad Yang went ahead with the abortion.. now what.

post #894 of 978 Old 09-29-2011, 08:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 28
At least it was consistent with Yang. She did not have some massive Juno guilt flip at the end which would have been very Hollywood.
post #895 of 978 Old 09-29-2011, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Agree, zalusky. When the doctor asked one more time, I was thinking, they better not undo this character and have her change her mind.

I'm really wondering how they are all going to get out of this clinical trial ethical mess.
post #896 of 978 Old 09-30-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:

So.... they will likely lose Zola, but I don't understand, if Yang can't take care of a child and Meredith wants a child why they just don't take Yang's child and problem solved?

Coming from experiences with DCFS, it doesn't work that way. They take your kid, you fight tooth & nail to get them back, while they throw everything they can to crush you in every way possible. My wife and I fought all the time like Mer & Der did last night.

Besides, would you want Yang to be whining about the pregnancy for the whole season til she pops? At least Callie's kept the plot interesting.

post #897 of 978 Old 09-30-2011, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I can see why comments are down. It's like the core personalities have shifted, almost as if they wrote the script and randomly assigned names. It's annoying, as is the 10:02 ending. Either I chop off the conclusion, or miss the scene-setting intro of my next show. I hate being manipulated.
post #898 of 978 Old 09-30-2011, 03:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingRat View Post

I can see why comments are down. It's like the core personalities have shifted, almost as if they wrote the script and randomly assigned names. It's annoying, as is the 10:02 ending. Either I chop off the conclusion, or miss the scene-setting intro of my next show. I hate being manipulated.

I don't think they want you to change channels.
post #899 of 978 Old 05-12-2012, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

This season has been very satisfying, but I'm not sure what I think about this plane crash. How many epic disasters can a set of people go through? Classic Shonda Rhimes...
post #900 of 978 Old 05-12-2012, 09:04 AM
AVS Club Gold

What you should think is that many of the actors are negotiating contracts. Who survives depends on who signs on the bottom line. "Falcon Crest" used to do this on a regular basis back in the day.
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page