Grey's Anatomy on ABC - Page 33 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #961 of 978 Old 10-01-2013, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 96
I say bring back Alison, since she's out of work now and yeah get rid of Arizona

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #962 of 978 Old 05-02-2014, 04:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 101
This show is still one of my "guilty pleasures." I've never missed an episode, having seen them all live or recorded. Last night's episode was outstanding.
post #963 of 978 Old 05-02-2014, 05:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 36
It was mine too but I don't know, I just had enough, I guess. I watched the first episode to see if Richard would make it from being electrocuted, then never watched again. It wasn't a conscious choice. They kept piling up on my DVR and I said "meh, I'm done" and deleted them. I guess I got tired of the same set of characters having catastrophic events one after the other and then to make themselves feel better, go have sex with the nearest person. That seems to be Shonda Rhimes' answer to everything, including her definition of love, in my opinion. I enjoyed it immensely when I watched, but I considered last season my series finale.
post #964 of 978 Old 05-02-2014, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Considering the new interns are now the top 3 WORST CHARACTERS OF ALL TIME, yeah this season has been stained by them... I don't know why but Jo went from having the best surgeon hands to the worst and that other girl I don't remember her name is now the best.

The other 3 seem to be disappearing, at least in this latest ep.

Weird that they gave a chance to Isaiah Washington, I guess this isn't sports, they forgot his anti-gay remarks that made them fire him?

post #965 of 978 Old 05-02-2014, 09:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Washington's both a jerk and a good actor. I mostly tuned out after he was canned. I did see the wedding replay ep, and was amazed at how crisp and clear the past seasons looked.

Maybe they switched to shooting digital or using a filter of some sort (masking wrinkles), but I hate the newer visual style.

"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
post #966 of 978 Old 05-03-2014, 05:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Love him or hate him, I thought the two episodes together were a fitting way to help explain the upcoming departure of Sandra Oh's character, Christina Yang, from the show.
post #967 of 978 Old 05-05-2014, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Grey is like 35 in the show but IRL she's 45, maybe they need to hide her wrinkles a bit? I think Dempsey looks younger than her and he's 48... but I think in the show that's also his age.

post #968 of 978 Old 05-05-2014, 09:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Grey is like 35 in the show but IRL she's 45, maybe they need to hide her wrinkles a bit? I think Dempsey looks younger than her and he's 48... but I think in the show that's also his age.

Given the life of a doctor I think its appropriate she is aging faster than normal people.
post #969 of 978 Old 05-10-2014, 02:23 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post

Maybe they switched to shooting digital or using a filter of some sort (masking wrinkles), but I hate the newer visual style.

They've been shooting 1080p23.976 (or psf) for years.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #970 of 978 Old 05-15-2014, 09:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

Someone is going to be very pissed when she finds out that she is not getting Yang's board seat after all, since Tang gave the board seat and all her holdings to someone else. The crap is going to hit the fan.

"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #971 of 978 Old 05-16-2014, 04:50 AM
AVS Special Member

I've always been a sucker for "hospital" shows like St. Elsewhere, ER, Chicago Hope, and Grey's Anatomy among many others. Last night's season finale ranks right up there with the best shows of the series (yes, I've seen them all, either "live" or recorded). I'll miss Christina just like I missed George, Izzy, Preston, Lexie, and Mark (as well as many others).

And, contrary to the above post, I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Miranda won't get Christina's seat on the Board. Now that Dr. Yang has left and resigned her spot, she may WANT Alex to have the seat, but I think a vote by the entire Board would ultimately make the final decision. If Derek spends most of his time in DC, I can see his seat opening up and Miranda & Alex both being new Board members.

Finally, the best revelation of all last night is that Meredith has another half-sister who has now come to Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital like Lexie did several seasons ago. What are the odds? In the words of Humphery Bogart, "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."
post #972 of 978 Old 05-16-2014, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

I bet they'll also kill that sister... man I'm still upset that they killed Lexie, the smartest and prettiest of them all
BoilerJim likes this.

post #973 of 978 Old 05-16-2014, 07:42 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

And, contrary to the above post, I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Miranda won't get Christina's seat on the Board. Now that Dr. Yang has left and resigned her spot, she may WANT Alex to have the seat, but I think a vote by the entire Board would ultimately make the final decision.

But, you are forgetting that what got each board member a seat on the board, automatically, was that they owned shares in the hospital. And who has those shares now? Not Miranda.

Mr. Video

post #974 of 978 Old 05-16-2014, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

But, you are forgetting that what got each board member a seat on the board, automatically, was that they owned shares in the hospital. And who has those shares now? Not Miranda.
Yes, you are correct and that's a very good point which I had forgotten about.
post #975 of 978 Old 05-17-2014, 12:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

I bet they'll also kill that sister... man I'm still upset that they killed Lexie, the smartest and prettiest of them all

You need to talk to Chyler Leigh about that since she went to Shondra Rimes and said she wanted out so she could have more time to be a mother.
She did get a hospital named after her.

http://tvline.com/2012/06/01/greys-anatomy-chyler-leigh-explains-exit/

However it appears she has the lead in a new NBC show for this summer so maybe that is why she left:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/nbc-acquires-chyler-leigh-dramedy-691345
post #976 of 978 Old 05-19-2014, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Anyway, how they are going to explain how Ellis Grey hid that pregnancy and that child is pretty obvious the dad is Richard..

post #977 of 978 Old 05-19-2014, 03:46 PM
Advanced Member

Easy. She was pregnant for 7 months then went away on a Sabbatical and had a fake miscarriage. Writers can do all sorts of stuff. We don't exactly know the age difference between her and Meredith. It's possible Mom and Dad were separated at a certain point soon after the affair.
We will find out in 4 months.
post #978 of 978 Old 05-20-2014, 05:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Since she seems younger than Lexie (she just graduated med school), Meredith's dad was already living with the other wife and Ellis and Richard were still having sex, Richard obviously never divorced, so Ellis had to hide that pregnancy, yeah maybe she went off a few months to another city or something.

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page