TNT-HD on Comcast! - Page 12 - AVS Forum
First ... 10  11  12
HDTV Programming > TNT-HD on Comcast!
scanpa's Avatar scanpa 03:40 PM 06-11-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan
This might explain why TNT-HD is not in the Western Region area..


While I would love to see a Fox-HD channel, it's funny that the most requested channel is one that does not even exist. :D
Hopefully the folks at FOX are getting the message.. :)

There already is a FOX-HD, but I was also not aware of any FX-HD ch. However I have seen a few shows listed as available in High Definition on FX, I have sent a Email to user@fxnetworks.com to ask about this.

Keenan's Avatar Keenan 03:52 PM 06-11-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanpa
There already is a FOX-HD, but I was also not aware of any FX-HD ch. However I have seen a few shows listed as available in High Definition on FX, I have sent a Email to user@fxnetworks.com to ask about this.
:p My post should have said FX-HD instead FOX-HD. It's now fixed.

There is no FX-HD, yet, although much of their original programming is shot in HD. I just got done watching Rescue Me on DVD last night, great show!! And in 16x9. My PQ for FX on Comcast is just total crap, so I wait until the shows hit DVD if I can.
FX has some great shows, The Shield, Rescue Me, the upcoming Over There and one with Andre Braugher called Thief look good as well. FX can't go HD soon enough for me.
JWhip's Avatar JWhip 07:13 AM 06-12-2005
The reason TNT-HD is not on in the Philly area has nothing to do with a limited contract. There are no such limits on the Comcast-TNT contract. Frankly, that makes NO sense at all. The reason is lack of bandwidth as I have posted here before. This bandwidth will be available come September-October in the Pa region. At that time. TNT-HD wil be added along with at least one and likely two more HD channels. Were there no CSN-HD, the amount of VOD and the all digital simulcast, TNT-HD would have been on here in April.
shades's Avatar shades 11:23 PM 06-12-2005
Are we in south jersey getting it same time PA Does?
willwhdtv's Avatar willwhdtv 02:41 PM 06-13-2005
JWhip - What is happening that is freeing up bandwidth between now and September?
Keenan's Avatar Keenan 03:13 PM 06-13-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by willwhdtv
JWhip - What is happening that is freeing up bandwidth between now and September?
Well, out west in the SF bay area, all 64 QAM channels are being converted to 256 QAM, which will free up a fair chunk of bandwidth. This was strarted in June and is supposed to be completed by August, which fits your timetable. I don't know exactly what they're doing anywhere else. Digital simulcast alone will not free up bandwidth. Conversion of analog to 256 QAM digital will though.
shades's Avatar shades 03:32 PM 06-13-2005
everything is 256 now
Keenan's Avatar Keenan 03:41 PM 06-13-2005
When you say everything, you mean all the digital channels, including the HD? Out west here, only the HD channels have been 256 QAM, while the rest of the digital lineup has been 64 QAM.
JWhip's Avatar JWhip 05:05 PM 06-13-2005
I can't tell you what they are doing toi freeup the bandwidth as I was told not to talk about it. It is sufficient to say that things are being done and the BW will be available.
Keenan's Avatar Keenan 05:20 PM 06-13-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhip
I can't tell you what they are doing toi freeup the bandwidth as I was told not to talk about it. It is sufficient to say that things are being done and the BW will be available.
Comcast bought DirecTV and all those new satellites?!?... :p :D
shades's Avatar shades 06:11 PM 06-13-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan
When you say everything, you mean all the digital channels, including the HD? Out west here, only the HD channels have been 256 QAM, while the rest of the digital lineup has been 64 QAM.
yeah all digital channels
Marcus Carr's Avatar Marcus Carr 06:20 PM 06-13-2005
Everything seems to be 64 QAM here. But we have TNT at 763.75 Mhz, so they've probably upgraded from 750 to 860. HDPPV (added for the Tyson fight, but it's still there) is also 763.75 Mhz. Everything else is under 750.

They just added On Demand this year. And they've announced that WB is coming this fall. They also claim to be making "room for future growth" when they rearrange the HD channels on June 25.
Keenan's Avatar Keenan 08:11 PM 06-13-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by shades
yeah all digital channels
Interesting, I didn't know Comcast had gone full 256 QAM anywhere yet.
Keenan's Avatar Keenan 08:13 PM 06-13-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Carr
Everything seems to be 64 QAM here.
Even the HD channels? Odd...
Marcus Carr's Avatar Marcus Carr 10:41 PM 06-13-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan
Even the HD channels? Odd...
Now it looks like channel 180 and above are all 256 QAM.
willwhdtv's Avatar willwhdtv 06:39 AM 06-14-2005
JWhip - Can I assume that these improvements to free up BW will be done for the Central and Northern New Jersey region?
Ryan48's Avatar Ryan48 09:15 AM 06-20-2005
Any news on when South Jersey will be getting TNT-HD? Nascar starts in a few weeks on tnt and nbc and would love to have TNT-HD by then.
umenon's Avatar umenon 01:52 PM 06-21-2005
I have been getting TNT-HD from Comcast for some time now.

So whats all the excitement about ? All the series episodes are stretched and looks so awful that even my 8 yr old laughs at the ridiculous PQ.

What was management thinking ???????????

Max
rad's Avatar rad 02:08 PM 06-21-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by umenon
I have been getting TNT-HD from Comcast for some time now.

So whats all the excitement about ? All the series episodes are stretched and looks so awful that even my 8 yr old laughs at the ridiculous PQ.

What was management thinking ???????????

Max
While MOST are stretch some of the more recent one's (especially L&O) are in HD.
jeff28 02:50 PM 02-07-2006
I don't know if anyone monitors this anymore, but just to keep things up-to-date, TNT-HD launched in Seattle on January 23rd. Channel 662. It is the East Coast feed.
lah5135's Avatar lah5135 03:11 PM 02-07-2006
Nope Nothing Here In Nj
rcodey's Avatar rcodey 03:31 PM 02-07-2006
No TNT-Hd here in NJ,but they use up space with two feeds of HBO-HD,SHO-HD,MAX-HD and STARZ-HD.Just eliminate the four extra feeds and they could add 4 HD channels with no problems.
neeshu89's Avatar neeshu89 04:43 PM 02-07-2006
rcodey, they're not using extra bandwidth by using 2 channels per feed, they're just mapping it in two places. However, they do have some other wasteful things like MTV2 on both analog and digital, and about 15 shopping channels between both analog and digital.
rcodey's Avatar rcodey 08:30 PM 02-07-2006
You're right about the Shopping channels.Their sole purpose to sell mechandise.
nywst's Avatar nywst 08:45 AM 02-08-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcodey
No TNT-Hd here in NJ,but they use up space with two feeds of HBO-HD,SHO-HD,MAX-HD and STARZ-HD.Just eliminate the four extra feeds and they could add 4 HD channels with no problems.
That's why they SUCK
nikeykid's Avatar nikeykid 09:25 AM 02-08-2006
D* just added TNT... i still don't have it!! instead we are getting temp-UHD...
parkwayde's Avatar parkwayde 07:25 PM 02-08-2006
My parents who live in southeastern, PA have tnt-hd, was over there the other night and noticed it on the guide, dont know when they started getting it though. Dont remember the channel #.
Ken H's Avatar Ken H 07:30 PM 02-08-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcodey
No TNT-Hd here in NJ,but they use up space with two feeds of HBO-HD,SHO-HD,MAX-HD and STARZ-HD.Just eliminate the four extra feeds and they could add 4 HD channels with no problems.
Please do not post comments as facts unless you know what you are talking about.
First ... 10  11  12

Up
Mobile  Desktop