'NCIS' on CBS HD - Page 13 - AVS Forum
First ... 11  12  13 14  15  ... Last
HDTV Programming > 'NCIS' on CBS HD
petergaryr's Avatar petergaryr 08:52 PM 05-20-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post

Well, another let down. Not a great season ender. Too much telegraphed. When someone starts talking about their "feelings" just before a shoot out the outcome is pretty much assured.

As to splitting up the team, I'm pretty sure after the season opener they will all be back together. When that piece of the file was shredded the new director's fate was sealed. I'm sure Jenny had an insurance policy too to protect Gibbs and the team.

Anyone get a good look at what that file said?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
NYY860's Avatar NYY860 09:44 PM 05-20-2008
****, I liked the season Finale. I think the New Director is cool as hell, and would be a good addition to the team. I just wanna see how they tie this whole thing up now. I Will be pissed though if any of the cast members left at the end of tonight, are not on board for season 6.
dfergie's Avatar dfergie 09:58 PM 05-20-2008
I think the new Director is dead meat... and Gibbs and team will be back together again before Oct.. Good episode Imho...
rebkell's Avatar rebkell 10:07 PM 05-20-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfergie View Post

I think the new Director is dead meat... and Gibbs and team will be back together again before Oct.. Good episode Imho...

As much as I like Gibbs, he is the main character, I'm not sure I could handle the whole team being gone, this is just too good of a show with all the right chemistry between the cast to have this kind of a shakeup.
MWJones's Avatar MWJones 10:13 PM 05-20-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by petergaryr View Post

Anyone get a good look at what that file said?

A U.S. Navy "Fit-Rep" (AKA Performance Review). From what I could read in the freeze frame, a highly rated one, including the author's praise and recommendation for "any promotion that he is qualified for".

Administratively, that file should have been in the possession of his CO (Which previously was Director Sheppard) and would have been transferred to the new CO for evaluation of a promotion (in this case, he should have not had access to it, as the Secretary of the Navy "SecNav" should have already received it prior to his being named Director)

I wonder if there's more to this than what we could even read on the HD video, and that Director Vance has more skeletons in his closet than even Gibbs has. The breakup of the team is his way of isolating Gibbs since Gibbs could be the new Directors' undoing (which he probably will).
Iteki's Avatar Iteki 11:25 PM 05-20-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY860 View Post

****, I liked the season Finale. I think the New Director is cool as hell, and would be a good addition to the team.
.

Whenever I see that actor I always think of his role in Crimson Tide...memorable role. He hasn't really done anything high profile/successful since, but I know he's been getting steady work, and I'm glad for that.

I see his splitting up the team as damage control pure and simple. Things got way too personal...their loyalties were to Gibbs and the team and not to the Agency. He had a scandal to cover up, and the best way was to spread them to the wind.

The show wouldn't be the same without Tony...I think Ziva and McGee are replaceable (not that I want them too).
dfergie's Avatar dfergie 01:05 AM 05-21-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

As much as I like Gibbs, he is the main character, I'm not sure I could handle the whole team being gone, this is just too good of a show with all the right chemistry between the cast to have this kind of a shakeup.

Yup... would be show killer to replace everyone....
petergaryr's Avatar petergaryr 05:19 AM 05-21-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWJones View Post

A U.S. Navy "Fit-Rep" (AKA Performance Review). From what I could read in the freeze frame, a highly rated one, including the author's praise and recommendation for "any promotion that he is qualified for".

Administratively, that file should have been in the possession of his CO (Which previously was Director Sheppard) and would have been transferred to the new CO for evaluation of a promotion (in this case, he should have not had access to it, as the Secretary of the Navy "SecNav" should have already received it prior to his being named Director)

I wonder if there's more to this than what we could even read on the HD video, and that Director Vance has more skeletons in his closet than even Gibbs has. The breakup of the team is his way of isolating Gibbs since Gibbs could be the new Directors' undoing (which he probably will).

Thanks. I'm still trying to figure out what "side" this new director is on. He seems ok, but in Abby's words, "something's hinkey".

Hopefully, this will not be another House situation. IMHO, that plot device failed with them replacing the original team--the chemistry just isn't there. Replacing Gibbs' entire team? I don't think so.
wmarkw's Avatar wmarkw 06:33 AM 05-21-2008
I think its called a cliffhanger people. They split up the team and leave us guessing for the summer. As one poster said they will be reunited sometime next fall after "several months" of split duty or something like that. The new director knew he couldn't trust Gibbs & his team since they will always work for Gibbs (he comes first) so he split them up. Good eppy. Wonder what Dir Shepard was diagnosed with?
hayt's Avatar hayt 06:56 AM 05-21-2008
If they replace everyone I'm gone.
Kevin B's Avatar Kevin B 06:57 AM 05-21-2008
Ony my DVR, it said in bold caps... Series Finale.... can someone confirm that was not the finale?
rebkell's Avatar rebkell 07:02 AM 05-21-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin B View Post

Ony my DVR, it said in bold caps... Series Finale.... can someone confirm that was not the finale?

It was not the series finale, it's already been renewed for next year, same time, same channel. No worries, it's coming back.
McDonoughDawg's Avatar McDonoughDawg 07:51 AM 05-21-2008
I was seriously let down they didn't get back to the pool and the bikini.
Amnesia's Avatar Amnesia 08:53 AM 05-21-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

It was not the series finale, it's already been renewed for next year, same time, same channel.

There was even a promo for The Mentalist, which was described as airing on Tuesdays after NCIS...
Distorted's Avatar Distorted 12:52 PM 05-21-2008
As I said weeks ago, the old Director needed to go (she looked silly playing a tough broad) and a new one to replace her was needed to provide more conflict between Gibbs and that character. Have no fear; part of the coming conflict will be how Gibbs finagles the recomposition of his old team back together. There will probably be at least one loss though along the way.
rebkell's Avatar rebkell 03:06 PM 05-21-2008
I'd like to see them sharpen up the picture some, it's just so soft the majority of the time.
adpayne's Avatar adpayne 05:06 PM 05-21-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

I'd like to see them sharpen up the picture some, it's just so soft the majority of the time.

What is your display?

I have a 1080p FP with an 8' screen, and it looked very good. Some shots were soft in spots, but I believe it is for creative reasons. I like how all CBS' CSI type shows (I realize this show is by a different producer) have unique visual styles. I'm sure smaller screens and/or farther viewing distances would have less impact.

Art
rebkell's Avatar rebkell 05:42 PM 05-21-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post

What is your display?

I have a 1080p FP with an 8' screen, and it looked very good. Some shots were soft in spots, but I believe it is for creative reasons. I like how all CBS' CSI type shows (I realize this show is by a different producer) have unique visual styles. I'm sure smaller screens and/or farther viewing distances would have less impact.

Art

I just don't care for the look, I have a 42" display 1080p, I sit close enough, I just don't think it adds a thing to the show, some of the shots are crystal clear, but the others are just too soft for my tastes. I just like crisper images. It's not going to stop me from watching or enjoying the show. I think CSI looks pretty good, I don't watch CSI:Miami, but from the little bit I've seen of it, it looks really sharp.
rlb's Avatar rlb 07:52 AM 05-22-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWJones View Post

A U.S. Navy "Fit-Rep" (AKA Performance Review). From what I could read in the freeze frame, a highly rated one, including the author's praise and recommendation for "any promotion that he is qualified for".

Administratively, that file should have been in the possession of his CO (Which previously was Director Sheppard) and would have been transferred to the new CO for evaluation of a promotion (in this case, he should have not had access to it, as the Secretary of the Navy "SecNav" should have already received it prior to his being named Director)

I wonder if there's more to this than what we could even read on the HD video, and that Director Vance has more skeletons in his closet than even Gibbs has. The breakup of the team is his way of isolating Gibbs since Gibbs could be the new Directors' undoing (which he probably will).

I didn't catch the fact that it was an Office's Fitness Report; but he's a civic service employee (not military). A Naval Officer Fitness Report (assuming he had prior active duty as a Naval Officer) should not/would not administratively be available for his civilian personnel file. Of course, NCIS has access to all Navy records if required for investigations. But, it's also very likely that the writers don't know what is administratively correct for either federal civil service or Naval Officer personnel files; and 99%+ plus of the viewers won't know the difference.

However, it is obvious that this quick scene/action definitely is establishing some kind of thread; and I believe it is regarding something negative on the new director.
steverobertson's Avatar steverobertson 04:36 AM 05-23-2008
I finally watched this last night and thought it was a good ending and really not sad to see the director go I just don't think she fit the role all that well. I too believe that they qwill be back together again by Oct. with someone else missing maybe?
e30cabrio's Avatar e30cabrio 02:59 PM 05-24-2008
I did not see this coming. I understand they have to "shake things up" but I am still not over losing Kate.

Maybe they'll clone her? Have her "sister" put on the team?
grittree's Avatar grittree 08:57 PM 05-26-2008
Just watched this, and it looked like the new director was shredding something incriminating. It makes him look like a "bad guy", and it could lead to a storyline of Gibbs far flung old team investigating and exposing him.

Then we get a new hot chick as director.
wmarkw's Avatar wmarkw 06:49 AM 05-28-2008
http://www.tvguide.com/Ask-Ausiello

Question: You would have to take the week off when NCIS drops three big bombs on all of us. What gives? — Tygerbam

Ausiello: What gives is… I'm about to more than make it up to you with the following exclusive mini-Q&A with exec producer Shane Brennan featuring your burning questions about the season finale! Woo-hoo!

• Are they really writing out McGee, DiNozzo and Ziva Ã* la House, or will they all be back next season?! Patrick

Brennan: No fan of NCIS will be disappointed when the show returns in September. I promise, we're not doing a House! But strap into your seats, it's going to be a heart stopping ride....

• Please, please, please tell me that they’re not really breaking up the team on NCIS! Lu Ann

Brennan: Deep breaths. Everything is going to be fine. This is Gibbs' team, right?

• Will the show be introducing any new team members next season? Chris

Brennan: Yes. And no.
RockyF's Avatar RockyF 09:16 AM 06-10-2008
I hope this isn't too spoilery, but it does answer some questions here:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1
petergaryr's Avatar petergaryr 11:45 AM 06-10-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyF View Post

I hope this isn't too spoilery, but it does answer some questions here:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1

I thought that might be the case.
mchief99's Avatar mchief99 03:58 PM 06-10-2008
I'm sorry, but I don't need Rocky. I sick of programs that seem to think that there must be an adversary. This is a cop show that doesn't need the duty a$$.
Matt L's Avatar Matt L 11:45 PM 06-10-2008
Truly sad news.
Iteki's Avatar Iteki 08:02 AM 06-11-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post

Truly sad news.

Not sure what the big deal is...the director's role has always been that of exposition...I can't even remember who the original director was. I'm sure they'll work him into it after a period of conflict things will settle down into their old routine.
e30cabrio's Avatar e30cabrio 08:25 AM 06-11-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteki View Post

Not sure what the big deal is...the director's role has always been that of exposition...I can't even remember who the original director was. I'm sure they'll work him into it after a period of conflict things will settle down into their old routine.

It was an older man that I think went on to be the Owner of the magazine in Ugly Betty.

edit I checked imdb and am right.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0197638/
steverobertson's Avatar steverobertson 08:38 AM 06-11-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchief99 View Post

I'm sorry, but I don't need Rocky. I sick of programs that seem to think that there must be an adversary. This is a cop show that doesn't need the duty a$$.

I agree they should bring Kate back as the Director just think of all the fun they could have with Tony
First ... 11  12  13 14  15  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop