post #901 of 1674 Old 04-07-2011, 05:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by I WANT MORE View Post
Why do I care that Paulette is tweeting now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
I didn't either... but arguably since you were logged on and posting on a Web forum while watching the show... you are slightly closer to the target audience for that popup than I was
GUILTY as charged.
I do follow a few folks on Twitter but she isn't one of them.

Perhaps I misremembered.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 1674 Old 04-07-2011, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 86
I agree that it is poor bartending to server your customer a drink with a frozen eyeball in it.

Also...

Am I the only one thinking that CIRay is going to turn out to be the serial killer?

I liked him on "Without a Trace"... but can't think of a reason to cast him as Ziva's boyfriend right now unless he is involved in a larger story.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #903 of 1674 Old 04-07-2011, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Is it just me, or has anybody else noticed the Cote appears to be much "puffier" in the face now than in earlier seasons? If you record the show, compare the opening montage (still frame her shots) and compare the then and now. Just an observation.
post #904 of 1674 Old 04-07-2011, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidop View Post

Is it just me, or has anybody else noticed the Cote appears to be much "puffier" in the face now than in earlier seasons? If you record the show, compare the opening montage (still frame her shots) and compare the then and now. Just an observation.

I have noticed she looks different... but then so do all the others really. McCallum (Duckie) looks more similar to season one since he was older to start with... but pretty much everyone looks different.

Honestly, I've always found Cote more distracting being cast as an Israeli when she really doesn't look Israeli... and you can usually hear a South American accent creeping through her dialog.

post #905 of 1674 Old 04-08-2011, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 64
CI RAY should be the killer! too suspicious IMO... (he had the means to be on all those countries)... also another incentive to bring Tony and Ziva closer, also hoping that CI RAY and EJ are lovers and get caught by them..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #906 of 1674 Old 04-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
CIRAY is the same dude from the Without a Trace show.

Nice to see he has a job again.
post #907 of 1674 Old 04-09-2011, 04:28 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

I agree that it is poor bartending to server your customer a drink with a frozen eyeball in it.

Also...

Am I the only one thinking that CIRay is going to turn out to be the serial killer?

I was thinking that because of the usual NCIS practice to have the perp around before they figure out things enough to nail him/her. That would really end him and Ziva and if Tony listens to Gibbs then they're both single again.

larry

Just noticed that DrLar said sort of the same thing. Although, I never thought about him cheating on Ziva.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #908 of 1674 Old 04-14-2011, 05:12 AM

Ok, to whom did the eye belong? I like how they've intertwined the investigation of EJs team and new crimes for the regulars. Are they gearing up for another spin-off or testing the waters?

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #909 of 1674 Old 04-14-2011, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah that's weird about the eye, I'm sure they have a list of who has access to MTAC, the list should be pretty short.

If it was someone that used to work there a long time ago, shouldn't they deny access once he left the NCIS unit?

post #910 of 1674 Old 04-14-2011, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Yeah that's weird about the eye, I'm sure they have a list of who has access to MTAC, the list should be pretty short.

If it was someone that used to work there a long time ago, shouldn't they deny access once he left the NCIS unit?

Have we seen Vance lately? at least since the eyeball?
post #911 of 1674 Old 04-14-2011, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm sure Vance doesn't have blue eyes..

post #912 of 1674 Old 04-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Advanced Member

Vance was busy in Chicago in a championship boxing fight.
post #913 of 1674 Old 04-14-2011, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Don't forget...

They did a show a couple of seasons ago about those two CIA girls (one of whom was killed) who were CIA agents that had their eyes granted access for all security systems everywhere to help in their undercover work.

So one girl was killed... but the other was alive... and you would think that they would have replaced the dead one with a new operative.

Since NCIS is a smart show... I'm wondering if this will be a tie-in to that older episode and have the eye belong to someone like that who has an all-access eyeball.

post #914 of 1674 Old 04-14-2011, 01:33 PM

Liked: 16
Looks like there're building up to a great season ender.

JERRY
post #915 of 1674 Old 04-27-2011, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
FYI....Mike Franks is going to be on the May 10 and May 17 episodes.

So speculate away how he plays into this...hmmmmmm
post #916 of 1674 Old 04-27-2011, 09:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 161
TV Notes
'NCIS' Co-Star Cote De Pablo Stays Put With New Two-Year Deal
By Nellie Andreeva, Deadline.com - April 27th, 2011

EXCLUSIVE: This is the news NCIS fans have been waiting for. After lengthy negotiations, NCIS co-star Cote de Pablo just closed a new two-year deal with series producer CBS TV Studios to continue on the flagship CBS drama. She was the last NCIS cast member without a deal, meaning that the entire cast of the show is now locked in for next fall.I hear de Pablo is getting a significant salary bump to about $120,000 per episode, which puts her on par with the show's other female cast member, Pauley Perrette. She is also getting a sizable cash bonus.

Because de Pablo joined NCIS in Season 3, her contract experation dates are on a different schedule than fellow NCIS co-stars Sean Murray, Michael Weatherly, Pauley Perrette and David McCallum, who all re-upped last year after talks dragged well into the summer. Star Mark Harmon signed a new two-year deal in February.

Behind-the camera, CBS Studios last week signed 3-year deals with NCIS executive producers Shane Brennan and Gary Glasberg, with Glasberg set to take over for Brennan as the day-to-day showrunner for next season.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/04/ncis...two-year-deal/
post #917 of 1674 Old 04-28-2011, 04:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 48
wonder why this weeks eppy was a repeat? Same thing with Criminal Minds..

post #918 of 1674 Old 04-28-2011, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Isn't May a sweeps month?
post #919 of 1674 Old 04-28-2011, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

I was about to say the same thing I believe May is sweeps month.
post #920 of 1674 Old 04-28-2011, 08:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

May Sweeps begin tonight (April 28th) and last until May 25th (a Wednesday): http://www.nielsen.com/content/dam/c...ielsen-com.pdf. That's why CBS aired repeats up until last night (and tonight NBC has the last Steve Carrell episode of "The Office"). "NCIS" and the like are ready to go for the next four weeks.
post #921 of 1674 Old 04-28-2011, 11:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

TVNotes
'NCIS' Creator Don Bellisario Sues CBS Over Spinoff 'NCIS: Los Angeles'
By Nellie Andreeva, Deadline.com - April 28th, 2011

EXCLUSIVE: A 20-year successful partnership between a top TV producer and a major studio may end up in court. This morning, JAG and NCIS creator Don Bellisario is filing a breach-of-contract lawsuit against the series' producer CBS TV Studios over offshoot NCIS: Los Angeles. The complaint, which you can read here, is being filed at Los Angeles Superior Court by Bird, Marella, Boxer, Wolpert, Nessim, Drooks & Lincenberg.

Bellisario, who was let go from NCIS in 2007 after star Mark Harmon threatened to quit the show, has not been involved in the successful spinoff series which was developed the following year and launched in fall 2009 and has not received a penny from it. The filing aims to rectify that, claiming that under Bellisario's contracts with CBS TV Studios and its predecessors, Bellisario had a right of "first opportunity" "to participate creatively in economically in the development" of any "new spinoffs, sequels or remakes" of any series he had created for the studio as long as he worked on the original series for the first 2 seasons. The suit claims that CBS denied Bellisario that right as he was never offered to create or be part of NCIS: LA, which was written by Shane Brennan, former No.2 to Bellisario on NCIS who took over the hit series after Bellisario's ouster at the end of Season 4. "Pursuant to the first opportunity provisions of Plaintiffs' contracts with CBS, CBS is contractually obligated to compensate Bellisario for NCIS:LA, including a percentage of its profits as well as a certain fixed compensation," the suit says.

The amount of damages sought is not specified in the complaint but NCIS: LA is estimated to generate more than a billion dollar in revenue for the studio over its run between network license fee, the lucrative off-network syndication deal with USA, which pays $2.3 million per episode for at least 10 seasons, the approximately $1.5 million per episode that international sales bring as well as auxiliary revenues. That means that the compensation, which the complaint claims Bellisario is entitled to, could reach $150 million - $200 million.

Bellisario's first hit for CBS was the 1980s Magnum P.I., followed by JAG and its spinoff NCIS. After more than 25 years of creating groundbreaking hit drama series for CBS, including the incredibly successful JAG/NCIS military justice franchise, CBS failed to offer Don Bellisario the opportunity to write or executive produce NCIS:LA, the third installment in the franchise he created," said Bellisario's attorney Ron Nessim. "In doing so, CBS breached its contractual obligations to Mr. Bellisario. After unsuccessfully trying to resolve the issue informally with CBS, Mr. Bellisario was compelled to seek resolution in the court system.

The complaint sheds light on the studio's arguments for denying Bellisario's requests for compensation so far. "CBS' refusal to compensate Bellisario for NCIS:LA is premised upon an unreasonably narrow interpretation of the first opportunity" provisions of the contracts in question," the lawsuit says. Such "first opportunity" provisions exist in all of Bellisario's deals with CBS Studios, including the most recent one signed in 2006, giving him the right to create new series related to the ones he originally conceived. The definition of what type new series are covered under the terms of the deal evolved over time (the first deal in 1992, for instance, excludes so-called "planted" spinoffs). The most recent 2006 deal specifies the projects Bellisario is entitled to get first dibs creating as "a generic spinoff (i.e., a new pilot and/or series in which a continuing central character is one who originally appeared in the pilot on which the original series was directly based), television sequel, prequel or remake or television movie or miniseries based upon such series." Even if Bellisario does not take part in such new series, he is still entitled to sizable passive payments for them.

While not spelling out exactly what CBS Studios' objections are, the complaint suggests that the studio doesn't consider NCIS: LA a spin-off or sequel as stipulated in Bellisario's deals. "Contrary to CBS's interpretation, Bellisario has the contractual right to participate in and be compensated for NCIS:LA because it is, among other things, both a sequel to and a spinoff of JAG and NCIS within the meaning of the "first opportunity rights provisions of Plaintiffs' contracts with CBS," the suit says.

NCIS and NCIS: LA, which is commonly referred to as an NCIS spinoff, do share several characters, including that of of the Director of NCIS. They also share the NCIS title, have the same general setting (or "inhabit the same fictional universe" per the complaint), the NCIS Agency, and both mix drama with banter among the members of the team. The complaint claims that CBS' decision to schedule NCIS: LA after NCIS further underlines the two series' close affiliation and that NCIS: LA landed its blockbuster off-network deal only 7 episodes into its run because of its close association with the mothership series. The suits also features quotes from Brennan and NCIS: LA stars LL Cool J and Chris O'Donnell about the great similarities between the two series.

The legal dispute raises the question about what exactly constitutes a TV series spinoff as that term has evolved from the old days of traditional offshoots like Frasier. Like Law & Order and CSI, NCIS: LA is more of a franchise spinoff that carries the structure, the look and the feel of the original, something the complaint underscores a number of times.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/04/ncis...s-los-angeles/
post #922 of 1674 Old 05-04-2011, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Nice Episode, still no clue on the P2P killer, I'm still on the CI-RAY guy..

BTW look at this picture.. notice anything?

post #923 of 1674 Old 05-04-2011, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member

You know that's funny I was thinking about that yesterday and how long it would take them to update that picture. Somebody got busy with the editing equipment on Monday I guess.
post #924 of 1674 Old 05-04-2011, 12:00 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

You know that's funny I was thinking about that yesterday and how long it would take them to update that picture. Somebody got busy with the editing equipment on Monday I guess.

I see they did put an x over his picture, at first I was puzzeled at what you guys were referring to.
post #925 of 1674 Old 05-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

That X over Bin ladens face is funny.

post #926 of 1674 Old 05-04-2011, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

Wondered about that myself... but I missed it last night (the "X", not the episode).

Figured it might take them a bit to catch up with reality... but that's neat.

post #927 of 1674 Old 05-04-2011, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

I've been enjoying this arc and how they been dovetailing PTP into standalone eps. They are letting Weatherby act outside of the Dinozzo slapstick persona and the show has gotten better.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #928 of 1674 Old 05-04-2011, 10:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah... that's the thing about a "wacky" guy like DiNozzo...

IF he truly was as incompetent as he often acts... then he wouldn't be any good as an investigator and wouldn't have been a cop much less an NCIS agent for that long.

So while his schtick is funny... I'm always glad when they let him be serious and show that side of the character to remind you that when the need is there, he is a top notch agent.

Oh... and I'm still rooting for CIRay to be the killer.

But next week who dies? EJ or Vance? Neither were on this week... and some think Vance might be on the way out like other previous NCIS Directors... the flip side is killing EJ would really mess with Tony... and it sure looks like the killer is toying with them now on a personal level.

post #929 of 1674 Old 05-05-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Nice Episode, still no clue on the P2P killer, I'm still on the CI-RAY guy..

BTW look at this picture.. notice anything?

Somewhere in/off this page tells how they control the computer screens on the set. Some nice pix, too.

http://bajapv.blogspot.com/2011/01/ncis-visit.html

Great episode. Never realized Harmon was missing so much hair. Smart move keeping hair parted in middle.

larry

post #930 of 1674 Old 05-05-2011, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

They have done that with Dinozzo on and off in the past with great success too. End of season 6/start of 7 with Ziva's boyfriend that he ended up killing in her apartment. Start of this season where he went to Mexico etc.

Vance is not going to be killed off yet. They killed off Jenny Sheppard so to kill off another director would just be a cheap re hash of an overall arc (IMO)
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page