post #181 of 1061 Old 04-13-2007, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by David F View Post

Hodges' "lucky day" montage was a riot. I really enjoyed this episode.

Grissom's "Looks like he's on to us" re: the rat was pretty funny as well.

That was cool, especially using the ELO tune.

Even though the line about the rat was funny (He's on to us), I really didn't care to see that. It's bad enough this show is so over the top disgusting but that rat slithering out of that corpse like the alien was too much.

Larry

I thought we were cool de la?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 1061 Old 04-13-2007, 02:14 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by LL3HD View Post

Even though the line about the rat was funny (He's on to us), I really didn't care to see that. It's bad enough this show is so over the top disgusting but that rat slithering out of that corpse like the alien was too much.

No..... that was one of the parts of the show . It was great in slo mo! Especially since they made it look like the rat had his hind claws hooked up in some entrails that came streaming out behind him .

ron
post #183 of 1061 Old 04-13-2007, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post

No..... that was one of the parts of the show . It was great in slo mo! Especially since they made it look like the rat had his hind claws hooked up in some entrails that came streaming out behind him .ron

At that moment I dropped my falafel ... got to remembernever eat diner during CSI.

Larry

post #184 of 1061 Old 04-14-2007, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My wife was asking if Jorja Fox was pregnant as well. I told her it may just be because she was a model and from what I remember hearing on older CSI threads, that is normal for models. Whatever that means.

I also though that Sheeri Rappaport who plays Mandy Webster, the "Lab Rat" with the glasses is really cute.

Scott

post #185 of 1061 Old 04-15-2007, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

I did not noticed how she was looking prenant.
post #186 of 1061 Old 04-18-2007, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 29
IMHO Jorja Fox looks pregnant only if you think anyone who's over a size 2 looks fat.
post #187 of 1061 Old 04-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I don't think I've enjoyed a CSI episode more than last night's. This may be best season that CSI has had.
post #188 of 1061 Old 04-27-2007, 07:17 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbathespud View Post

I don't think I've enjoyed a CSI episode more than last night's. This may be best season that CSI has had.

I've enjoyed it as well, especially if they wrap up the miniature serial killer plotline intelligently. In contrast, the 2 other CSIs have been noticeably bad this season, IMO.

Last night ep was delightfully hilarious, after the night that poor guy had, and he finally sits down by the pool and then the cigarette smoke billowed out of the two holes in his neck, I thought I was going to bust a gut I was laughing so hard.
post #189 of 1061 Old 04-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbathespud View Post

I have to agree. That was a damn good episode.. Those two country hicks really had me laughing throughout the episode(those voices).. I especially loved when those two were being questioned by Captain Brass, and every time he thought he had them for the crime.. his cell phone would start vibrating.

A very interesting episode.
post #190 of 1061 Old 04-28-2007, 03:52 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 10
The smoke out the neck was REALLY funny

Someday maybe I'll actually WATCH my projector...
post #191 of 1061 Old 04-29-2007, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

So, what was the girl from? The one who hit Happy with the tire iron?

edit: Ashley Johnson from Growing Pains

Scott

post #192 of 1061 Old 05-05-2007, 02:49 PM

I haven't really watched this season due to numerous reasons, but how is this season compared to others for y'all?
post #193 of 1061 Old 05-18-2007, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

I have enjoyed this season. Some interesting shows with lots of variety.

BTW, on last night's show, when they were going into the neighbor's apartment to the Dell kid to find the killer, I just knew it was going to be a "Silence of the lambs" type thing where they are knocking on the door, the killer turns and looks and when she opens the door, it is a delivery person and the cops are at the wrong location.

Horrible way to end a season as well! Grissom tells everyone that "She wants to take from me what I love the most" and everyone is putting two-and-two together figuring out that Grissom and Sara are an "item" and Sara trapped the way she was...

I guess we have to wait until September or October for the first show of next season.

Scott

post #194 of 1061 Old 05-18-2007, 08:19 AM
AVS Club Gold

The reason it ended the way ti did was because Jorja is once again trying to hold out for more money. In fact the producers were so pissed off at her she originally was slated to die in the finale. So she refused to show up for filming on the scene, and they had to do it a diffferent way. So they left it to be ambiguous whether she would live or die.

Someday maybe I'll actually WATCH my projector...
post #195 of 1061 Old 05-18-2007, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

CSI has pretty much been blah the entire season. CSI NY has probably been more compelling in the last few weeks. CIS Miami can't progress beyond the horrible acting and CSI NY may have some better actors but most episodes are just bland.

"Guns? Guns are easy."
post #196 of 1061 Old 05-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Advanced Member

Great usage of tilt-shift (or fake tilt-shift) lenses in the finale. It made the Strip look like a miniature.
post #197 of 1061 Old 05-18-2007, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmin View Post

Great usage of tilt-shift (or fake tilt-shift) lenses in the finale. It made the Strip look like a miniature.

Yes that was great! It was like the whole town was under the miniature killer's magnifying glass.

Larry

post #198 of 1061 Old 05-18-2007, 11:47 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

That was pretty cool. The photography in general for this "miniature" plotline has been interesting.
post #199 of 1061 Old 05-18-2007, 12:23 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximum360 View Post

CSI has pretty much been blah the entire season. CSI NY has probably been more compelling in the last few weeks. CIS Miami can't progress beyond the horrible acting and CSI NY may have some better actors but most episodes are just bland.

I don't know. I think this season of the original has been pretty good overall. The miniature killer thread has been entertaining and last night I actually got a couple creep moments from it. I quit watching Miami after the first season as it was just too much for me to hack. I have watched NY very sporadically until this season when I've seen most of them. It seems to have picked up quite a bit since the early days and I find it to be pretty decent now. Except for poor Claire Forlani as the medical examiner. I don't know if it's just the writing or her in the role but it just doesn't work for me.

ron
post #200 of 1061 Old 05-21-2007, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I thought they did it as a miniature, I didn't realize they messed with the lenses and such to just make it look like that....

I wasn't watching in HD, so I didn't get the high-res version to see it with.

Scott

post #201 of 1061 Old 09-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Advanced Member

The preview that keeps getting shown about tonight's episode, Who is singing the song there? Is it Kate Bush? Very ethereal tune, hypnoic. I'd love to get the album!

IS it Kate Bush?
post #202 of 1061 Old 09-27-2007, 09:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 77
I had some real problems with the season opener. Sara was injured, getting dehydrated and they knew which direction she went in and they couldn't find her after only 15 hours? she must be moving like the wind. Speaking of wind, I've only been to LV a few times, but with all that rain and flooding would the desert be so dry in a few hours that the wind was blowing up dust clouds?

I don't know if Jorga will stick around for the whole season, I've heard reports she wont, but at least for once they didn't kill a character off who might be leaving.
post #203 of 1061 Old 09-27-2007, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post

I don't know if Jorga will stick around for the whole season, I've heard reports she wont, but at least for once they didn't kill a character off who might be leaving.

"For once"? They haven't lost a character in the history of the series. (Except the throwaway tech in the pilot.)

If you watch season 1 (which is currently being shown on the Spike TV reruns, you'll see the entire main cast there. No one has been added. No one has been "fired" or "transferred" or killed. The only real change is that Greg went from the lab to the field (he was in the lab as early as the second episode ever). Some minor characters have been added (Hodges, the other lab techs, Sofia Curtis), but even they have been there a while (the coroner came aboard in the middle of season 1; Hodges has been there since season 3, Curtis from season 5).
post #204 of 1061 Old 09-27-2007, 11:32 PM

Quote:

I had some real problems with the season opener. Sara was injured, getting dehydrated and they knew which direction she went in and they couldn't find her after only 15 hours? she must be moving like the wind. Speaking of wind, I've only been to LV a few times, but with all that rain and flooding would the desert be so dry in a few hours that the wind was blowing up dust clouds?

I felt the same way there were so many lose ends I picked up that they could have easily found her. I mean they knew she was only 30 miles away in the West end Direction why not just go out and look cant be that hard to find and you made a good point to.
post #205 of 1061 Old 09-27-2007, 11:40 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Easily, we're talking summer thunderstorms. You get a heavy downpour, flash-flooding, and a few hours later with 115 degree heat, the ground is dry as a bone.
post #206 of 1061 Old 09-27-2007, 11:43 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dambrosioj View Post

I felt the same way there were so many lose ends I picked up that they could have easily found her. I mean they knew she was only 30 miles away in the West end Direction why not just go out and look cant be that hard to find and you made a good point to.

Have you ever been in the desert? 30 miles, that is an unbelievably huge amount of area, you can get lost in the desert by being only 50' from the highway.
post #207 of 1061 Old 09-27-2007, 11:50 PM
Advanced Member

This is what gets me. Any trained investigator would know NOT to leave the the scene. She should have known they would be looking for her & should have trusted her coworkers to find her. In the years we've seen Sara(as a charactor), we know that she's much more inteligent than what the writes wrote.

I can't count how many times here in the Rockies that someone will get lost & they just keep walking, getting more lost & farther away from the last point where someone had last seen them.

As far as the search went someone in a heli or plane would have been high enough for her to have seen them. She then could have used the mirror.

Your right. She could not have gotten that far from the mustang.

Also, when the killer was lowering the mustang onto Sara. She in no way could have done it without a winch or something similar. They back away & there's nothing but her. NO WAY!

I though CSI writers were better than what we saw tonight.

" I say down with stretch-O-vision and any channel to use it! "
post #208 of 1061 Old 09-27-2007, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvillecat View Post

The preview that keeps getting shown about tonight's episode, Who is singing the song there? Is it Kate Bush? Very ethereal tune, hypnoic. I'd love to get the album!

IS it Kate Bush?

Yep. Kate Bush - "This Woman's Work"
It's on her album "The Sensual World" and also on the movie soundtrack to "She's Having A Baby".
post #209 of 1061 Old 09-28-2007, 04:47 AM

Honestly, I was severely disappointed in the season premiere. The writing was terrible. I have also never liked the Sarah Sidel character, so I was actually hoping they would kill her off. I just hope Miami and NY's were better (DVR'd to watch tonight- don't spoil them for me).

will work for sushi
post #210 of 1061 Old 09-28-2007, 05:04 AM
AVS Special Member

The season opener was ok IMO. Nothing 'great' and nothing bad. Just a normal episode of CSI.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page