CSI on CBS - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1044 Old 07-07-2005, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Watched CSI recently and first time I've seen a primetime show on the networks look so good. I usually hate to watch programming with commercials - but with tivo now in my setup, that does'nt really matter anymore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1044 Old 07-07-2005, 09:09 PM

I'm new to HD (and only viewing with a Panny ED set) but I agree that the CSI shows look fantastic in HD. I was not a viewer of the various CSI programs, but I am now. By comparison, I was expecting ER to look outstanding in HD, and it merely looks "good".
post #3 of 1044 Old 07-08-2005, 01:52 PM
adb
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_6 View Post

I'm new to HD (and only viewing with a Panny ED set) but I agree that the CSI shows look fantastic in HD. I was not a viewer of the various CSI programs, but I am now. By comparison, I was expecting ER to look outstanding in HD, and it merely looks "good".

I agree with your assessment.
post #4 of 1044 Old 07-08-2005, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burton161 View Post

Watched CSI recently and first time I've seen a primetime show on the networks look so good. I usually hate to watch programming with commercials - but with tivo now in my setup, that does'nt really matter anymore

I never watched any of the CSI shows until I read here how good it liked in HD. They do it right!
YMMV

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing."

- Randy K. Milholland
post #5 of 1044 Old 07-08-2005, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm also a convert to CSI since I got the HD receiver, non-DVR. I also don't like the commercials, but the HDTiVo is a little expensive, even with the decrease. The upcoming MPEG4 rollout is also causing me to wait.
post #6 of 1044 Old 07-08-2005, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
My HTPC with a MyHD-130 is set to record all of the CSI's. I prefer the Vegas one the best. Awesome quality! I usuallly take the commercials out and archive the episodes on DVD. One of the things I show people when I'm showing off the living room toys
post #7 of 1044 Old 07-14-2005, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

I never watched CSI until I crisued by it on HD. Now I record every epsiode in case I miss it in HD (haven't gotten into the other cities yet, just CSI LV.

BOYCOTT BEST BUY IN WEST PATERSON, NJ !!!!
post #8 of 1044 Old 07-14-2005, 10:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Me too. I hardly watched any network TV before I got HDTV. I didn't even know what the show was about. Now I rarely turn my cable box on. I also watch less TV since most of it is hard to watch now.

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
post #9 of 1044 Old 07-14-2005, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

well its the same with me for almost the entire cbs lineup. back in the day (lol), cbs was the only local channel on d*. i got hooked on csi, csi miami, everybody loves raymond, king of queens, without a trace, cold case, and yes dear simply because they all looked great in hd

---Mr. Met---

J-E-T-S-JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO DE-VILS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO METS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO NETS!!!!!!!
post #10 of 1044 Old 07-14-2005, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

CSI: Miami to me, has a lot of "WOW!" factor -- the use of shadows, reflections, color filters, graphics, locales, and aerial shots make up for one hour of very watchable HDTV.

Paul
post #11 of 1044 Old 10-07-2005, 03:02 AM
Advanced Member

I must say, I enjoyed CSI last night; I always like the show. Great perspective in HD. It may be getting abit gross, however. Allot of blood last night. I also liked the way the whole team worked on the one case. Usually, they split up Catherine and Gil. Allot of dark, night scenes. Really looks clear in HD.

nc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12 of 1044 Old 10-21-2005, 02:53 AM
Advanced Member

WOW! I CSI that isn't just blood and gore. Refreshing lately, that we see an episode of the CSI shows that tugs at the heart strings. Stoked having a feeling, or almost a preminition, about saving the child, or at least, KNOWING" that child is till alive. The last scene, where Casie is in the hospital bed, and she wrotes those things for Stokes. Very emotional. I almost cried!

Nice job, CSI, for doing something a bit different.

nc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 1044 Old 10-21-2005, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I couldn't figure out, until they showed her throat being slashed, why the little girl narrating had such a raspy voice and had to be alive. Great ending.
post #14 of 1044 Old 10-21-2005, 08:08 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 50
(From Marc Berman's Friday, October 21, 2005 Programming Insider column at Mediaweek.com)

At 9 p.m., CBS' CSI will have no trouble finishing first overall for the week in total viewers (and second among adults 18-49 behind ABC's Desperate Housewives) with a 19.3/28 in the overnights, 27.51 million viewers and a 9.4/24 among adults 18-49. Comparably, that outdelivered NBC's fading The Apprentice 4 (Overnights: #2, 8.5/12; Viewers: #2, 10.39 million; A18-49: #2, 4.7/12) by 127 percent in the overnights

post #15 of 1044 Old 10-21-2005, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Last night's show was really good, a refreshing change of course that highlighted the emotional toll that the most heinous cases can take. Having been a victim himself, it's going to be interesting to see if Stokes can still maintain the kind of detatchment required to function in that line of work.

I thought everyone in it was superb, and the writing was top notch.

Was there any special reason Grissom wasn't in it at all? I know the explanation they gave on the show was that he was teaching somewhere, but was Peterson unavailable, were they trying to save some salary money by not having him in it?

David Forbes

Read excerpts, see cover art and more from my novels at

post #16 of 1044 Old 10-21-2005, 09:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David F View Post

Having been a victim himself, it's going to be interesting to see if Stokes can still maintain the kind of detatchment required to function in that line of work.

Very good point. I am happy to see that this show can add some more human element to the characters. I lkke all the characters, don't misunderstand me, but when we get to see a more personal side, this makes the show, and the characters, more intriguing and appealing.

nc

post #17 of 1044 Old 10-21-2005, 10:19 AM

William Peterson had a death in the family about a month ago and took some time off. This was probably the episode they were shooting at the time, and were able to write around his absence.
post #18 of 1044 Old 10-22-2005, 03:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhark View Post

William Peterson had a death in the family about a month ago and took some time off. This was probably the episode they were shooting at the time, and were able to write around his absence.

This is exactly what happened.

In fact, this episode was originally written centering around Grissom and was rewriten to give Grissom's role to Nick when WP had to be elsewhere.
post #19 of 1044 Old 10-22-2005, 10:55 PM
Advanced Member

Some great Hd in CSI. Too bad the plots are so transparent. I stick with the Las Vegas CSI when I watch. Can't stand Horatio and the NY CSI wannabe. Would love to see a program called CSI Law to see how the evidence ( and confessions) stand up in a real court of law.

Former VOOMER.....now former DISH-er
post #20 of 1044 Old 10-24-2005, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Funny, when my wife and I were watching this episode, and I saw Nick do the line right before the first commercial, I was shocked! Grissom always does that and to let Nick do it was just so different, but the death in William Peterson's family totally explains it.

Scott

post #21 of 1044 Old 10-24-2005, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David F View Post

Last night's show was really good, a refreshing change of course that highlighted the emotional toll that the most heinous cases can take. Having been a victim himself, it's going to be interesting to see if Stokes can still maintain the kind of detatchment required to function in that line of work.

I thought everyone in it was superb, and the writing was top notch.

Was there any special reason Grissom wasn't in it at all? I know the explanation they gave on the show was that he was teaching somewhere, but was Peterson unavailable, were they trying to save some salary money by not having him in it?

If youre talking about "Gum Drops" then I agree that this episode was downright excellent. I made comments in a different thread though.
post #22 of 1044 Old 02-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Advanced Member

I just seen the episode with the "Clayton nash" fellow. What's the deal with this show of late? It takes place at night all the time. I didn't see much daylight at all during this episode.

nc

post #23 of 1044 Old 02-06-2006, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

I dunno who that is. Did you mean this past weeks episode 'Killer' ?

William Peterson's family death. i did not hear about this.
post #24 of 1044 Old 02-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungC55 View Post

I dunno who that is. Did you mean this past weeks episode 'Killer' ?

William Peterson's family death. i did not hear about this.

Pardons, yes, I believe the episode was "Killer".

nc

post #25 of 1044 Old 02-06-2006, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah that episode was a lil dark, absense of lighting.
Maybe they made it like that to be a lil scary?
post #26 of 1044 Old 02-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Advanced Member

CSI is dark because the shift they work is at night. I don't know how they factor in the daylight scenes, though.
post #27 of 1044 Old 02-06-2006, 01:50 PM
Advanced Member

What was the website that was shown in "The Killer" this past week? It was of a lady talking. Anyone remember?

nc

post #28 of 1044 Old 05-18-2006, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Woah, was Gill Grissom and Sara Sidle getting ready for bed. They both had their nightie clothes on at the very end.
Throughout this season? They had a 'thing' about eachother. This was the end result?
Good episode about the Civil War too.
I thought Capt. Jim Brass was gonna die. Since the commericials for the season finale has Grissom and the 'Pulling the plug' convo.

Good work CBS.
post #29 of 1044 Old 05-18-2006, 09:29 PM
Advanced Member

I knew they were doin it.

" I say down with stretch-O-vision and any channel to use it! "
post #30 of 1044 Old 05-18-2006, 10:06 PM
AVS Special Member

I saw that old style button that they pulled out of the ashes and figured it was some cival war re-inactment. Of course, I never thought I would be right, but I said it anyway!

My wife was shocked they showed Sara, she figured that it would have been more like them to just show a woman standing there and not have her kneel down or anything to reveal who it was.

Scott

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page