Closed Thread

post #91 of 110 Old 09-12-2005, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFH
And here they come! Where were you folks last year when ND was getting beat by Pitt and other teams? You win two games so far this season, one over a bad Pitt team and one over Mich. Now your games are in hd on NBC and all of a sudden ND is supposedly back. Slow down Domers, you still have 9 more games to play to and more non-hd games on ABC.
I agree - as a fan it would be stupid to say MNC with this schedule and depth issue. I don't see too many ND fans saying that.

However, it's nice to KNOW there will be fun times ahead.

This reminds me of the PH Eagles when they switched coaches - anyone could see the improvement over the previous administration. Coaches and work ethics do matter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 110 Old 09-12-2005, 10:57 AM
Advanced Member

ND "fans" are annoying.
post #93 of 110 Old 09-12-2005, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDCAT NATION
ND "fans" are annoying.
REALLY - and your "fans" are the best in the world - CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!
post #94 of 110 Old 09-12-2005, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyGee
Charlie is going to build a powerhouse program. But I do have one question: Isn't this ND team made up mostly of Ty's recruits? Maybe he deserves some of the credit?...
For the recruits...sure, but that's about it. Those kids are probably seeing night and day between Ty and Charlie as far as motivation and toughness not to mention a much better overall coaching staff in terms of talent and experience.

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy"
post #95 of 110 Old 09-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoIrish
"wind dummy"...apparently you are not a graduate of our lady's university...

GoIrish
It's just amazing what a "wind dummy" coach can do. One thing is for sure, Charlie can coach......................Wake up the echos.
post #96 of 110 Old 09-13-2005, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDCAT NATION
ND "fans" are annoying.
Really? Any more annoying than the arrogant and annoying K-State and KU fans I have to deal with here in KC? So what makes ND "fans" different from "fans" of another major school??? Good luck to K-State in the Big 12....after watching the Marshall game they will need it.

Shawn
Notre Dame and Colts Fan in KC

Annoying Notre Dame "fan"
post #97 of 110 Old 09-13-2005, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn67
Really? Any more annoying than the arrogant and annoying K-State and KU fans I have to deal with here in KC? So what makes ND "fans" different from "fans" of another major school??? Good luck to K-State in the Big 12....after watching the Marshall game they will need it.

Shawn
Notre Dame and Colts Fan in KC

There's just more of us!!!!

You can't spell obnoxious without O---S---U!
post #98 of 110 Old 09-13-2005, 08:19 PM
AVS Special Member

CHARLIE WEIS, TOM HAMMOND & PAT HADEN HEADLINE NBC SPORTS NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL CALL THIS THURSDAY AT 1:45 PM ET

NEW YORK ? Sept. 13, 2005 ? Notre Dame head coach Charlie Weis, joined by NBC commentators Tom Hammond (play-by-play) and Pat Haden (analyst), will headline an NBC Sports media conference call on Thursday at 1:45 p.m. ET to preview NBC's 15th season as the exclusive broadcaster of Notre Dame's home football games. Hammond and Haden are in their sixth season together as the voices of Notre Dame on NBC. Weis is the first rookie Notre Dame coach to win his first two games away from South Bend since Knute Rockne in 1918.

The No. 10 Fighting Irish open their home schedule against undefeated Michigan State, Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET on NBC.

Notre Dame, in defeating Pittsburgh (then No. 23) and Michigan (then No. 3) to begin the season, has opened with consecutive road victories for the first time since 1989 en route to a 12-1 season. This is the first time the Irish have started a season defeating two ranked opponents, and Notre Dame is ranked in the top 10 for the first time in three years.

NOTE: I'll post the press release after the call or you can go to NBCMV.com to see for yourself.
George

Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent those of my employer or its parent company.
post #99 of 110 Old 09-13-2005, 08:32 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 50
All of a sudden that expensive Notre Dame contract looks pretty good for NBC, doesn't it George? :)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #100 of 110 Old 09-13-2005, 08:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredfa
All of a sudden that expensive Notre Dame contract looks pretty good for NBC, doesn't it George? :)
As a taxpayer in the State of Michigan, in which Michigan State is a publicly supported school, I look forward to this game.....

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

post #101 of 110 Old 09-16-2005, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

NO. 10 NOTRE DAME KICKS OFF 15th SEASON ON NBC SATURDAY AGAINST MICHIGAN STATE LIVE IN HIGH-DEF

All Notre Dame on NBC Broadcasts in HD for First Time

Notre Dame Head Coach Charlie Weis on Teaching His Players the Patriots Way: "You have to get players to buy in, to suppress their egos in making the team more important than the individual."

NEW YORK ? Sept. 15, 2005 ? NBC Sports kicks off its 15th season as the exclusive broadcaster of Notre Dame home games this Saturday at 3:30 p.m. ET live in high definition as the No. 10 Fighting Irish (2-0) open their home slate against Michigan State (2-0) at Notre Dame Stadium. For the first time, all six Notre Dame home games on NBC will be broadcast in HD. In addition, UniversalHD will offer "Notre Dame Encore," high-definition rebroadcasts of each Notre Dame home game on Sunday mornings. The Michigan State game will rebroadcast in high definition on UniversalHD this Sunday at 10 a.m. ET.

Tom Hammond (play-by-play) and Pat Haden (analyst) team up for their sixth season together as the voices of Notre Dame on NBC. They are joined by sideline reporter Lewis Johnson.

NBC Sports today conducted a media conference call with Head Coach Charlie Weis, along with Haden and Hammond, previewing NBC's coverage of Notre Dame. Weis is the first rookie Notre Dame coach to win his first two road games since Knute Rockne in 1918. For a full replay of today's call, dial 719/457-0820 and enter passcode: 4384101. Highlights of the call are below:

WEIS ON WHAT HE BROUGHT FROM PATRIOTS:
"The number one ingredient to success at New England was the team was more important than the individual. And you have to get players to buy in, to suppress their egos in making the team more important than the individual. I'd say of all the things I've tried to stress here, that was number one. Number two, it was long documented about Notre Dame's academic requirements. While at the Patriots, we always tried to get smart players because we put a lot of mental pressure on them. We have a bunch of smart guys here, so the combination of the ways we handled things there [in New England], both putting the team first and putting a lot of mental pressure on people by surrounding ourselves with a bunch of smart guys, made this a logical fit."

WEIS ON DEALING WITH MEDIA AND COMPARISONS TO BILL BELICHICK:
"I don't think that the way Bill [Belichick] did it is the wrong way. I think that what ends up happening is you know that you have one voice and therefore, one party line throughout the organization. I do it a little differently, but at the same time, I've learned a lot under Coach Belichick about how to present things to both the press and to the team, and I've just kind of tweaked it with my own personality."

WEIS ON WHETHER NBC DEAL HELPS RECRUITING:
"It's significant, especially because we have a national recruiting base. A lot of these kids that go away from home go a long distance and their parents can't just come up to every game. I think the fact that you can tell them that week in and week out, they can be seen on national TV, not regional, not local, definitely is a good selling point with their families."

WEIS ON PREPARATION FOR MICHIGAN STATE:
"I took the last four times that NBC was actually doing games of Michigan State at Notre Dame. I went back to all the TV copies and cut out 15 minutes worth of telling plays where Michigan State definitely had the upper hand. We all know its well documented that Michigan State has won here four times in a row, and I think that watching the TV copy and listening to the announcers talk about them [players] getting dogged got their attention in a hurry."

"I'm more concerned with how we play than how they play. We have been spectacular at times and spotty at times and we are trying to become more consistent."

HAMMOND ON NOTRE DAME'S 2-0 START:
"The difference in the start of this team, 2-0, versus some of the other years where they have gotten off to a good start is the way they have done it. I can remember the 8-0 start of Coach [Tyrone] Willingham, you had an idea that it was not exactly a true test of the team, there seemed to be some fluke plays that sort of worked in their favor that year to help them get that 8-0 start. This year in the first game, to see the defense make the plays, see the offense make the plays, it gives you the idea that there is plenty of room for improvement on both sides of the ball and they are going to get better and better with each game."

MORE HAMMOND:
"I was impressed most of all with the swagger, something that has been missing from the Notre Dame team the last few years. It seems to me, the expectation of expecting to win, the swagger, the 'we are Notre Dame' sort of outlook, that was evident in both their games."

HADEN ON 2-0 START:
"What struck me is this team is going to take on the personality of their coach, just a mentally tough team."

HADEN ON HD COVERAGE OF NOTRE DAME:
"Whether it's in high definition, low definition, any definition, we're happy to be doing Notre Dame's first home game this season."

HAMMOND ON DARIUS WALKER AND BRADY QUINN AS HEISMAN CANDIDATES:
"I think those individual honors, a lot of times come with team honors. Certainly Brady Quinn and Darius Walker, to me are future stars, maybe knocking on the door this year - this may be the year they break out."

WEIS REFLECTING ON RETURN TO NOTRE DAME STADIUM:
"The time will come when the game is over - and hopefully we have won. I reflect more after a game than before a game because before the game, to be honest with you, I am only worried about what is getting ready to take place."

WEIS ON INSTANT REPLAY:
"I'm a strong proponent of it [instant replay] or else we wouldn't have been using it last week because we were the ones who had the option of whether or not to use it at that game last week. The visiting team gets to make the call. I think that the way college uses it really takes the pressure off the coach and puts it just on the replay booth. But it also makes the referees a little bit more reluctant to blow a play dead because they know they have the security blanket that instant replay can always fix it."

NOTES ON NOTRE DAME'S 2-0 START
Notre Dame, in defeating Pittsburgh (then No. 23) and Michigan (then No. 3) to begin the season, has opened with consecutive road victories for the first time since 1989 en route to a 12-1 season. This is the first time the Irish have started a season defeating two ranked opponents, and Notre Dame is ranked in the top 10 for the first time in three years

NOTRE DAME ON NBC SCHEDULE (ALL GAMES BROADCAST IN HD):

Date Opponent Time (all times ET)
Saturday, September 17 Michigan State 3:30 p.m.
Saturday, October 15 USC 3:30 p.m.
Saturday, October 22 BYU 2:30 p.m.
Saturday, November 5 Tennessee 2:30 p.m.
Saturday, November 12 Navy 1 p.m.
Saturday, November 19 Syracuse 2:30 p.m.

Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent those of my employer or its parent company.
post #102 of 110 Old 09-16-2005, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Will the game tomorrow be in 5.1 or 2.0?

If a movie or concert video or a TV show isn't on blu ray it darn well should be.

post #103 of 110 Old 09-16-2005, 06:08 PM

but lets not get ahead of ourselves and proclaim charlie wiess the next knute rockne(remember tys 8-0 start)lets let the season or 2 or 3 seasons play out before we pass judgement remeber pete carrol started 2-5.The reality is that nd has pretty good talent already and have not showed a propensity to beat themselves and are very disciplined all hallmarks of good coaching with all that being said i still say lets give it some time although i never believed nd would stay down for to long
post #104 of 110 Old 09-17-2005, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Forgive me if this has been asked, but is this NBC's first ever HD football broadcast?

"Some have the speed, and the right combinations, but if you can't take the punches, it don't mean a thing."
post #105 of 110 Old 09-17-2005, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnGuy
Forgive me if this has been asked, but is this NBC's first ever HD football broadcast?
They did some NYG pre-season football this year. I was away so I can not tell you how it was.
post #106 of 110 Old 09-17-2005, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm145
They did some NYG pre-season football this year. I was away so I can not tell you how it was.
That was the local NY NBC station, not a national NBC broadcast.

"Some have the speed, and the right combinations, but if you can't take the punches, it don't mean a thing."
post #107 of 110 Old 09-17-2005, 12:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnGuy
I think so, but I'm not 100%.

post #108 of 110 Old 09-17-2005, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

I've never seen Football on NBC

And they're not doing to good. Well at least not here with NBC weather plus stealing some bandwidth.

Several instances of blockiness
post #109 of 110 Old 09-17-2005, 12:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=581620

post #110 of 110 Old 09-17-2005, 12:38 PM