'Weeds' on SHO HD - Page 37 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1081 of 1091 Old 09-16-2012, 10:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 72
It was a warm fuzzy ending from a show that has been everything but. I think the arc of Nancy's character stayed true, I chuckled at the "tiger stripes" comment because when it comes down to it she was a tiger protecting her cubs. It think overall it was a good wrap for the series, much better than having Nancy bleeding out as they ended last season.

I would welcome revisiting Nancy in a few years to see what the real Nancy becomes when she is free to be her true self.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 1091 Old 09-17-2012, 06:38 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I found it awful. Seemed like everybody coasted through the script. It was more about what the iPhone 12 might be like. But I'd hoped it would improve for many seasons.
post #1083 of 1091 Old 09-17-2012, 06:54 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyBee View Post

I found it awful. Seemed like everybody coasted through the script. It was more about what the iPhone 12 might be like. But I'd hoped it would improve for many seasons.

Agreed. Bad ending to a series that steadily went downhill after Season 1.
post #1084 of 1091 Old 09-17-2012, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I found the finale cute, nostalgic and touching.

It was what it was.

I agreed 100% with the title of the episode, "It's Time."
post #1085 of 1091 Old 09-17-2012, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27

Terrible ending.  The whole "jump to the future" with no explanation other than the 2 guys in the audience as exposition was a confusing start.  Then, when you realize that's going to be the whole thing, it plays out in an entirely uninteresting way.  It was more a tribute to the show's rapid decline than to its much more enjoyable unpredictability in its early years.  And the Rockwell Xmas portrait ending, while nicely done, was surely not in keeping with the story presented for so many years.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
post #1086 of 1091 Old 09-17-2012, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 72
I disagree. I felt the ending was fine. They survived the ordeals, many self created, and they managed to stay more or less whole and intact.

As for the rockwellian ending, you can take it several ways, This is the new American family - one cobbled together out of shared experiences rather than blood,or as a symbol of how far they have come. The show opened in nouveau Southern California sun, and closed in old New England snow. Take it anyway you like, it was a fun absurd ride for 8 seasons. Some had up and downs, but it was always interesting.
post #1087 of 1091 Old 09-17-2012, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post

I disagree. I felt the ending was fine. They survived the ordeals, many self created, and they managed to stay more or less whole and intact.
As for the rockwellian ending, you can take it several ways, This is the new American family - one cobbled together out of shared experiences rather than blood,or as a symbol of how far they have come. The show opened in nouveau Southern California sun, and closed in old New England snow. Take it anyway you like, it was a fun absurd ride for 8 seasons. Some had up and downs, but it was always interesting.

Agree with you, I was OK with the ending. I do know a close friend of mine was very upset that Nancy didnt get killed or at least have a serious attempt on her life..With all of the bridges shes burned, and failed attempts you would figure someone would get to her somehow......I see why they didnt do it, but at the same time I see where my friend is coming from....
post #1088 of 1091 Old 09-19-2012, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyBee View Post

Agreed, the whole thing was way out of character for the show and was a lame attempt to do a feel-good ending. But as cpanther mentioned, the show was way past its prime anyway so it doesn't matter all that much.
post #1089 of 1091 Old 09-25-2012, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post

Agreed, the whole thing was way out of character for the show and was a lame attempt to do a feel-good ending. But as cpanther mentioned, the show was way past its prime anyway so it doesn't matter all that much.

I didn't see the ending as feel good at all. Each of the characters has stuff going on in their lives that they will have to deal with. However, that doesn't mean people can't come together for a short moment and enjoy it.

Plus, they had to end it someway. Seeing all the main characters together smoking a joint for the last time was apropos.

David M.
post #1090 of 1091 Old 09-25-2012, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dminches View Post

Plus, they had to end it someway. Seeing all the main characters together smoking a joint for the last time was apropos.

True. I just wish they had done it a couple of seasons ago. wink.gif
post #1091 of 1091 Old 09-29-2012, 09:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Well... That was horrifically horrible. I've never experienced a train wreak actually slow down time before...

Should've taken my friend's advice and ended at the second to last episode...

Welp, what's done is done...

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page