Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #1771 of 2269 Old 03-26-2012, 10:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 122
You know... every time Dean would say "Meg" in that disapproving tone... I found myself thinking of Family Guy.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1772 of 2269 Old 03-27-2012, 04:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 200
I had to fast forward through the Lucifer scenes, it was getting so old couldn't stand it anymore.

post #1773 of 2269 Old 03-27-2012, 05:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

I had to fast forward through the Lucifer scenes, it was getting so old couldn't stand it anymore.

How many times has Lucifer said "Sam, I'm in your grapefruit." Very tedious.

I guess it's hard to come up with new big bads when you've beaten the Apocolypse.
post #1774 of 2269 Old 04-01-2012, 09:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Last two minutes were the best part.

Pity I saw a spoiler for it yesterday.

Again we had the arc continuation with off screen characters at the beginning. They are literally phoning it in.

post #1775 of 2269 Old 04-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Since they got Rid of Bobby they should end this show this season.
post #1776 of 2269 Old 04-02-2012, 06:28 AM
Advanced Member

Most recent episode with the 'big' reveal at the end was just classic, creative Supernatural. Horror, humor, and good brotherly banter.
"Come with me if you want to live..."

Derek
post #1777 of 2269 Old 04-04-2012, 05:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 178
TV Notes
Supernatural' Taps New Co-Showrunner
By Nellie Andreeva, Deadline.com - Apr. 4, 2012

EXCLUSIVE: There is a change afoot at the helm of the CW's veteran drama series Supernatural. Sera Gamble, who has been with the show since the beginning, serving as co-showrunner alongside Robert Singer for the past two seasons, will be stepping down. Word is that she opted not to renew her contract to focus on development.

Jeremy Carver, executive producer/co-showrunner of Syfy's Being Human, is joining Supernatural as an executive producer and will co-run the series with Singer next season. The CW has not made any formal renewal decisions yet but Supernatural is one of the network's stronger ratings performers and is fully expected to return in the fall. This marks Carver's return to Supernatural where he served as a co-producer during the 2009-10 season before leaving to co-run with his wife Anna Fricke Syfy's Being Human, which the two wrote together based on the British show. UTA-repped Carver will keep his executive producer credit on Being Human, which will now be run solo by Fricke, making them a rare couple of writer-producers showrunning two series at the same time.

Supernatural creator Eric Kripke, who stepped down as the day-to-day showrunner after the show's sixth season in 2010 when Gamble and Singer took over, remains an executive consultant.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/04/supe...co-showrunner/
post #1778 of 2269 Old 04-04-2012, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm not one of the gloom & doom people when Sera took over that thought the sky was falling... but I think this is probably good for the show.

I look to Smallville... The original showrunners had a good idea where they wanted to go, they went there, and then they left. The replacement runners had episodes all over the map from great to meh... and nothing had the focus of the original theme.

Supernatural had a very clear arc that was carried through... I like Supernatural, and unless someone has a great idea for another mega-arc... I think the show might be served better IF it brings in new blood every season or two and keeps the show fresh until its eventual ending.

post #1779 of 2269 Old 04-04-2012, 10:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdme2 View Post

i think the show might be served better if it brings in new blood every season or two and keeps the show fresh until its eventual ending.

+1

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #1780 of 2269 Old 04-05-2012, 05:39 AM
AVS Special Member

I think the problem is that they had to go to so many "shocking" moments to keep the series going that it will be tough to go back. They've basically killed off every beloved character except the 2 lead roles. Bobby, Ellen, Jo, etc...
post #1781 of 2269 Old 04-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeewing View Post

I think the problem is that they had to go to so many "shocking" moments to keep the series going that it will be tough to go back. They've basically killed off every beloved character except the 2 lead roles. Bobby, Ellen, Jo, etc...

Maybe they should have saved the devil storyline for last instead of purgatory.
post #1782 of 2269 Old 04-05-2012, 04:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

The problem is TV series are generally renewed on a yearly basis....no way to know how long the show will last.

post #1783 of 2269 Old 04-20-2012, 10:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Hurrah, ghost Bobby returns and makes this one of the better episodes this season. Dean's lame excuse for being pissed that Bobby is hanging around was just unbelievably dumb writing however.

Dean is angry because Bobby is acting against the "natural order" of things? Did Dean or the writers forget that both Sam and Dean have been raised from Hell, Dean's been dead twice and also avoided a reaper while dead, Sam came back with no soul and they tried to save him, they've been to Heaven, seen Cas rise from the dead, been rescued by the ghost of their dead father, messed around with history while in the past multiple times, and on and on and on ...

What a total bull reason to be angry with Bobby. The boys have screwed the "natural order" of life so many times that the only thing they haven't done is actually become pregnant and given birth.

post #1784 of 2269 Old 04-20-2012, 11:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Hurrah, ghost Bobby returns and makes this one of the better episodes this season. Dean's lame excuse for being pissed that Bobby is hanging around was just unbelievably dumb writing however.

Dean is angry because Bobby is acting against the "natural order" of things? Did Dean or the writers forget that both Sam and Dean have been raised from Hell, Dean's been dead twice and also avoided a reaper while dead, Sam came back with no soul and they tried to save him, they've been to Heaven, seen Cas rise from the dead, been rescued by the ghost of their dead father, messed around with history while in the past multiple times, and on and on and on ...

What a total bull reason to be angry with Bobby. The boys have screwed the "natural order" of life so many times that the only thing they haven't done is actually become pregnant and given birth.

The Deal is this: Dean is becoming more CONSERVATIVE in his POV.
He is resisting what is being thrown his (and Sam's) way.
Can't take it anymore; he is on The Razor's Edge....

post #1785 of 2269 Old 04-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Yeah bobby's back!!!!:d

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - C.G.Jung

post #1786 of 2269 Old 04-21-2012, 09:17 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm surprised no comment on the big change to ghost lore they snuck into this episode.

Previous on Supernatural...

Ghosts were always tied either to their bones OR traces of their DNA on other precious objects that the boys eventually learned also had to be destroyed.

But this was the first episode where not only we have a ghost moving his object (the bad dude ghost putting the key in Sam's pocket)... but even better a ghost (Bobby) carrying its own object!

This is a brand new world of possibility for a ghost... if they can carry their own thing around and move from place to place like that.

That seems like a new big deal that surely will have implications to come.

post #1787 of 2269 Old 04-21-2012, 10:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 77
I don't see it as that much of a departure from the lore we've had. All the ghosts were trapped in the house since their bones were there. The bad guy had drawn a lot of energy for the others so he was able to manipulate things more. Moving the key was quite simple for him, and I feel he was the exception to the rule. Bobby was just a sort of quick learner after he got a clue.
post #1788 of 2269 Old 04-22-2012, 12:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post

I don't see it as that much of a departure from the lore we've had. All the ghosts were trapped in the house since their bones were there. The bad guy had drawn a lot of energy for the others so he was able to manipulate things more. Moving the key was quite simple for him, and I feel he was the exception to the rule. Bobby was just a sort of quick learner after he got a clue.

Yeah... but the point is that it is possible. No previous ghosts ever showed the ability to keep their own totem around.

The fact that we get two different ghosts (one motivated by anger, the other by the awesome power of zen) who can manipulate their own totem... it opens up the possibility of more ghosts out there that can do this.

What are the odds that Bobby meets the only other ghost in existence who has this particular power, and he thinks to do it himself? There are bound to be others. I have to think there is a reason for introducing this particular plot point. They usually don't do throwaway bits to change the lore without it coming back in a later episode.

post #1789 of 2269 Old 04-22-2012, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

If they want to modify the ghost lore that's fine with me since it keeps Bobby in the picture. A welcome relief from the tedious leviathan arc. And I agree with the comments about Dean. In earlier seasons he would have tried to figure out a way to get Bobby back; maybe even visit Cas. He believes in the natural order of things except when it comes to "family."
post #1790 of 2269 Old 04-22-2012, 09:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

And I agree with the comments about Dean. In earlier seasons he would have tried to figure out a way to get Bobby back; maybe even visit Cas. He believes in the natural order of things except when it comes to "family."

I think both Sam and Dean have seen several times over the price you pay for going against the natural order... Dean even served an episode as Death himself... so I think the boys have actually learned a lesson finally... about life and death, and about making deals with the devil to bring back loved ones.

By not "ganking" Bobby they are showing their reluctance to sever ties due to him being considered family... so they won't eradicate him just to follow the rules BUT they also are beyond the doing-whatever-it-takes-to-bring-back-the-dead mentality that burned them several times over in the past.

post #1791 of 2269 Old 04-23-2012, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

I think both Sam and Dean have seen several times over the price you pay for going against the natural order... Dean even served an episode as Death himself... so I think the boys have actually learned a lesson finally... about life and death, and about making deals with the devil to bring back loved ones.

By not "ganking" Bobby they are showing their reluctance to sever ties due to him being considered family... so they won't eradicate him just to follow the rules BUT they also are beyond the doing-whatever-it-takes-to-bring-back-the-dead mentality that burned them several times over in the past.

I agree they've been burned quite a bit, but Dean does have a blind spot for father figures.

As far as the lore goes, I started watching season one again, and there was an episode in an insane asylum which was haunted by the nutty doctor who ran the place. When they finally found his bones to salt and burn, the ghost turned into something like concrete and fell to the floor and shattered, instead of the later version where the ghost flames out. I think they modify lore to fit the situation and eventually establish a Supernatural "rule" as to how things happen.

As a side note , I've been waiting for the bluray disks for seasons 1-3 to go on sale and they are $18.99 at Best Buy, in case anyone's interested. Good deal!
post #1792 of 2269 Old 04-23-2012, 10:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

As a side note , I've been waiting for the bluray disks for seasons 1-3 to go on sale and they are $18.99 at Best Buy, in case anyone's interested. Good deal!

BB is running their "DVD TRADE-IN OFFER" of $5 off too, making it $13.99.

post #1793 of 2269 Old 04-23-2012, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

BB is running their "DVD TRADE-IN OFFER" of $5 off too, making it $13.99.

Wow! Didn't catch that one! Guess I'm going back with my receipt and old DVD sets...
post #1794 of 2269 Old 04-24-2012, 10:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

Yeah... but the point is that it is possible. No previous ghosts ever showed the ability to keep their own totem around.

The fact that we get two different ghosts (one motivated by anger, the other by the awesome power of zen) who can manipulate their own totem... it opens up the possibility of more ghosts out there that can do this.

What are the odds that Bobby meets the only other ghost in existence who has this particular power, and he thinks to do it himself? There are bound to be others. I have to think there is a reason for introducing this particular plot point. They usually don't do throwaway bits to change the lore without it coming back in a later episode.

The lore might fit Bobby in that he was able to 'outrun' his Reaper...which sounds like a pretty rare occurrence. He may have had time/knowledge to prepare and link himself to the whiskey flash totem at a deeper level.

Derek
post #1795 of 2269 Old 04-24-2012, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

I love the fact that Bobby is attached to a whiskey flask.
post #1796 of 2269 Old 04-25-2012, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:

I love the fact that Bobby is attached to a whiskey flask.

"Alright now .. I can kill werewolves, fix a pinto and bake cornbread ... I will be damned if I can't get zen"

Best Bobby line EVAR!!
post #1797 of 2269 Old 05-05-2012, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Gotta admit, the was one hell of an episode imo.

And it got an early renewal for next season.

Currently testing 3D with Sammy DLP, shutter glasses, and HTPC
post #1798 of 2269 Old 05-05-2012, 11:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
It was written by a transformer?
post #1799 of 2269 Old 05-06-2012, 01:50 AM

Liked: 17
A bit disappointed that they decided to contradict canon with : Only an angel can kill another angel. I'm surprised a demon can even wield an angel sword to begin with, let alone kill one.

The other thing. Leviathons killing angels now. No angel sword? Just pulling out a heart? Makes no damn sense. Angels use "vessels", the human body. Since when did angels ever have black goo inside them? The writers are just changing the rules as they see fit. We never saw their "wings" burned into the ground, or anything like that. We just saw a bunch of black veins and goo.
post #1800 of 2269 Old 05-06-2012, 03:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goneten View Post

A bit disappointed that they decided to contradict canon with : Only an angel can kill another angel. I'm surprised a demon can even wield an angel sword to begin with, let alone kill one.

I would have to go back and watch... but I don't think this is the first time one of the angel swords was wielded by a non-angel... and I don't even think it was the first time a demon had one. I'm pretty sure there has never been such a restriction in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goneten View Post

The other thing. Leviathons killing angels now. No angel sword? Just pulling out a heart? Makes no damn sense. Angels use "vessels", the human body. Since when did angels ever have black goo inside them? The writers are just changing the rules as they see fit. We never saw their "wings" burned into the ground, or anything like that. We just saw a bunch of black veins and goo.

I viewed it as the Leviathan is able to inject itself into the angel and host and destroy them from the inside. If you remember, this is EXACTLY how Castiel originally exploded (from the inside) when he had Leviathan inside of him.... so clearly no issued with a Leviathan possessing an Angel and destroying them.

I'm not sure this was as much of a shock as it seemed to be... if you just think back to episode one and two of this season.

Of course, much like Castiel... angels destroyed in this manner may very well come back later.

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page