post #2251 of 2255 Old 06-01-2014, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeewing View Post

.......... Unfortunately I believe that Season 10 will be the last for Supernatural.

Unfortunately?

This show has been riding on fumes. It needs to end. I am still compelled to watch, however. But I would rather it have ended a couple-ish seasons ago.

With that said, still loved the ending visual and have some residual anticipation for next season as a result of this latest development.

How's that for spoiler-alert skirting. wink.gif

Mourning the disappearing usage of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2252 of 2255 Old 06-01-2014, 10:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelInventions View Post

This show has been riding on fumes. It needs to end.
There is a real lack of imagination with this series; it's all auto-pilot now.
Other CW series suffer this too....Vampire Diaries comes to mind.

Quote:
I am still compelled to watch, however.
+1
It's all for the characters and the terrific acting of the leads.
Without that, I would have left long ago.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #2253 of 2255 Old 06-01-2014, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Indeed.

Mourning the disappearing usage of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
post #2254 of 2255 Old 09-14-2014, 01:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Finally dragged myself through my Supernatural backlog (apart from Bloodlines) and as usual the quest for worst showrunner since Kripke continues.

One of the most fearsome beings in all of creation, Abaddon dies because when faced with defeat she forgets all her powers and abilities apart from the ability to hold Dean against a wall.

Metatron is defeated because in all his majestic power he still needs the physical embodiment of a radio to communicate. I blame the satellites.

In Heaven angels can be killed by a rock. No swords or special weapons required.

What little of original Reaper lore remains is further shredded through the Canon Rewrite Machine.

Dean dies. Again. I've lost count how many times the Winchesters have been dead now. If only the satellites had still been working Sam could have just asked Cas for help.

I'm already half watching the show now but next year I'm only coming back to see what happens to the characters I've been watching for ten years. I may just start skipping episodes. I used to think Supernatural should be regarded as a undisputed genre classic back at the end of season five, but it's undermining itself with every passing season.

post #2255 of 2255 Old 09-14-2014, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Yeah, I just picked up the Season 9 BD set and I will watch it until the new season starts. I forgot that Bobbie made an appearance in the first S9 episode! I still think it was a mistake to kill Bobbie off.

Talking about series running too long, Supernatural really should have ended after Season 5. It was the perfect ending and the last episode was extremely strong, with prophet Chuck narrating the episode and recapping the series. The ending montage that ran right before Sam took over his body from Lucifer was priceless, and the depth of the characters and their journey was fully realized.

After that season, the big bads were never as good and many plotlines were recycled. However, for me, I still enjoy the rapport that the remaining characters have and I prefer to watch this show as opposed to Dancing with the Stars and the rest of that ilk.

Sorry, sermon done.
TeeJay1952 likes this.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page