'Supernatural' on The CW HD (& syndicated on TNT HD) - Page 79 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
post #2341 of 2366 Old 05-07-2015, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Sorry to see Charlie go. But I think I will be sorrier to see Rowena (or more specifically Ruth Connell) go. (and Abaddon for the trifecta!)

v/r,
C-F
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2342 of 2366 Old 05-08-2015, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Really? I can't wait for Rowena to be done. And another beloved character bites the dust. Why? I think this season is the most disappointing one so far.
post #2343 of 2366 Old 05-08-2015, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNON-FODDER View Post
Sorry to see Charlie go. But I think I will be sorrier to see Rowena (or more specifically Ruth Connell) go. (and Abaddon for the trifecta!)
Now that I've finally watched this week... I wonder... with the chit-chat between Rowena and Charlie... IF they were possibly setting it up for Rowena to become more sympathetic to the cause. They spent some screen time establishing her trying to convince Charlie that they were the same... was that just a ploy? Or was she perhaps actually identifying with her a bit, and knowing she died by the Steins... maybe Rowena has a reason to bond a little with the boys for some revenge.

She doesn't really have much beef with them... her original plot was getting even with witches, so she wasn't killing innocents... though she has dragged some into it since then... but the boys have largely left her alone too. Their bromance with Crowley started in a similar enemy-of-my-enemy way.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rowena stick around a while if they can figure out a way to reign her in a little.

Me do not have signature.
Where I am when I'm not here!
post #2344 of 2366 Old 05-14-2015, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 8
WTF happened with Castiel? Since when can humans beat up angels now? Dean didn't have blade with him. Castiel seemed as durable as a normal human. It was quite pathetic.
post #2345 of 2366 Old 05-14-2015, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan Mire View Post
WTF happened with Castiel? Since when can humans beat up angels now? Dean didn't have blade with him. Castiel seemed as durable as a normal human. It was quite pathetic.
It didn't look like Castiel wanted to fight Dean. Or maybe the mark is so strong that he couldn't do anything. Dean was pretty supercharged.

That was a cool effect in Crowley's eyes. Maybe he's next years big bad.
post #2346 of 2366 Old 05-14-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeewing View Post
It didn't look like Castiel wanted to fight Dean. Or maybe the mark is so strong that he couldn't do anything. Dean was pretty supercharged.

That was a cool effect in Crowley's eyes. Maybe he's next years big bad.
Yeah but we've never seen *anything* beat up Castiel like that. It looked like Castiel would have died if Dean kept pummeling him. How can a 'demon' so effortlessly beat the living daylights out of him?
post #2347 of 2366 Old 05-15-2015, 04:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Loved this episode except for the last couple minutes. Dean going all bad a** was amazing to watch and I loved that he killed the kid, shocking but held true to what he was going through. Just excellent seeing him like this. Then we come to Castiel and they totally let us down. Why didn't Cas flick his finger and throw him through the room or knock him down and teleport away somewhere, etc. etc. Zero angel power used. Totally lame and made no sense.

post #2348 of 2366 Old 05-15-2015, 05:14 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Angels have dropped significantly in power. I remember in Castiel's first appearance he takes multiple gun shots to the chest and a knife jabbed all the way in without slowing him down at all.
post #2349 of 2366 Old 05-15-2015, 06:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 603
Quote:

v/r,
C-F
I feel the opposite. Both Rowena and Crowley need to go away.

Every time I see the program description indicate either one is a big part of the episode, I immediately put it aside and watch something else first. They are currently the worst things about the show.

I'm so over those whiny excuses for villains.

Please. Kill. Them. ASAP.
post #2350 of 2366 Old 05-15-2015, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paudemge View Post
Angels have dropped significantly in power. I remember in Castiel's first appearance he takes multiple gun shots to the chest and a knife jabbed all the way in without slowing him down at all.
The most disturbing thing about that fight is that Castiel appeared to be as frail as a human. He just got back his original grace as well. He should be super durable. We've seen angels get knocked through brick walls and get right up. In this fight, they forgot that Castiel was actually an angel, and not just an angel, but a higher ranking one at that!

Nothing in the fight indicated that Dean was fighting an angel. Castiel just seemed like a regular human who was beaten the **** out of. It was pathetic!
post #2351 of 2366 Old 05-15-2015, 09:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Best episode in a long time. Best quote of the night "You can save me the speech on the three hearts, the two spleens, the seven nipples for the ladies, or the fellas, I don’t judge. But even with all that, you still only have one brain.”
post #2352 of 2366 Old 05-15-2015, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_B View Post
Best episode in a long time. Best quote of the night "You can save me the speech on the three hearts, the two spleens, the seven nipples for the ladies, or the fellas, I don’t judge. But even with all that, you still only have one brain.”
Yeah... that was pretty awesome... Dean basically Indiana-Jonesed that dude right there... he was flipping the metaphorical knife around all fancy-like and Dean pulled out the gun and dropped him.

Meanwhile... Why Dean can kick Castiel's butt? Remember Cain, via the mark of Cain, was a Knight of Hell... not just an ordinary demon. Dean should be on that same level now too, they just don't always show it... except like how he easily wiped out the Stynes... so that + Castiel not wanting to hurt Dean makes sense. It was also a nice role-reversal nod to the episode a few seasons back where Castiel nearly beat Dean to a pulp and Dean wasn't trying to fight him back.

Early this season Demon-Dean was tough and they "cured" him with the blood ritual... but so far they seem to be playing this as non-demon Dean going rogue... he only becomes full demon if he dies again, but Dean seems to be losing the will to be good... I guess in the way that Cain did after giving the mark to Dean. That's harder for them to get a grip on, unless they can remove the mark.

At this point, though... I wonder if they will remove the mark on the finale... or go in a different direction. I haven't got a good read on what they might do here. They did seem to turn Crowley south a bit... going from whiny to kick-ass again... so maybe Crowley is going to be more of a proper badguy again?

And I'll keep saying it... I like Rowena. I feel like they're either going to kill her (hope not) or semi-redeem her somehow to keep her around.

post #2353 of 2366 Old 05-15-2015, 09:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Well I hope that was the end of the Steins, I never want to see them again. Gotta believe Rowena had something in the hex bag that Sam was unaware of, she has her own motivations and doing something to Crowley other than killing him would be just the sort of thing she'd do.
post #2354 of 2366 Old 05-16-2015, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post
Well I hope that was the end of the Steins, I never want to see them again. Gotta believe Rowena had something in the hex bag that Sam was unaware of, she has her own motivations and doing something to Crowley other than killing him would be just the sort of thing she'd do.

I was thinking the same thing.
post #2355 of 2366 Old 05-16-2015, 09:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1489 Post(s)
Liked: 1181
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post
I feel the opposite. Both Rowena and Crowley need to go away.
No way, Big Guy...
They are great mischief makers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
Dean basically Indiana-Jonesed that dude right there... he was flipping the metaphorical knife around all fancy-like and Dean pulled out the gun and dropped him.
Nice observation.

Quote:
Why Dean can kick Castiel's butt? Remember Cain, via the mark of Cain, was a Knight of Hell... not just an ordinary demon. Dean should be on that same level now too, they just don't always show it... except like how he easily wiped out the Stynes... so that + Castiel not wanting to hurt Dean makes sense. It was also a nice role-reversal nod to the episode a few seasons back where Castiel nearly beat Dean to a pulp and Dean wasn't trying to fight him back.
Agreed.

Quote:
I wonder if they will remove the mark on the finale.
I think they will, but it will come at a huge price (which will be the setup for next season).

Only girly-men push The Red Button.
post #2356 of 2366 Old 05-16-2015, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post
I did wonder about that myself... she had been wanting her son to "man up" for a while... maybe this was a way to force him? Who knows... I guess we'll find out next week.

post #2357 of 2366 Old 05-17-2015, 02:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

This is very disturbing:

http://www.eonline.com/news/657472/j...-get-right-now

post #2358 of 2366 Old 05-17-2015, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paudemge View Post
This season, when Castiel did not even have his own grace, he went all super angel on Crowley and spread his wings and smashed the stone table to pieces with the stone tablet on it, breaking it in two.

He now has his own grace, so powerful that when he gets it he destroys the entire room he is in with an explosion of power. Face Dean and does nothing.

post #2359 of 2366 Old 05-22-2015, 01:28 AM
AVS Special Member

So... no comments on the season finale of Once Upon a Time... err, I mean, Supernatural?

I wonder who was most embarrassed... the people behind Supernatural OR Once Upon a Time, to discover they both essentially had the same plot unfolding for their season finales?

I was watching... and it was like... hey, wait... they're not really doing this are they? I mean it kinda makes sense... on both shows... but it's a damn shame they both did it at the exact same time!

Meanwhile... is it me... or did that final effect of "the darkness" coming look astonishingly like the "all hell breaks loose" event from early in the series?

I'm curious to see what's going to happen next season... and yay (for me) more Ruth Connell!
CANNON-FODDER likes this.

post #2360 of 2366 Old 05-22-2015, 04:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Found this episode rather predictable. I called from the first few minutes that they will remove the mark and "unleash" something. I also called that the witch knew about it and that Dean would kill Death once he summoned him.

This whole, being able to kill these supposedly non-killable creatures is getting old (Cain, Death). Really, Death can be killed? Kind of lame.

I groaned at the darkness being released. Is like they do the same thing over and over. Hell gates were open and everything unleashed, Purgatory opened, everything go released, Heaven got closed which released all the angels, now the darkness is released. Getting really old.

Also wish that if they were going to introduce new baddies like this that they wrap up other story lines to refresh things. Time to kill off Crowley, his mother, etc. and inject new blood into things.

post #2361 of 2366 Old 05-22-2015, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Dean did have a good look on his face and delivery of the "I think I just killed Death" line... that was classic Winchester fun.

Death looked a little surprised too.

All things considered, it seems to me that killing Death ought to have a lot more repercussions than whatever darkness they unleashed. Death taking a day off was bad... imagine being gone!

post #2362 of 2366 Old 05-22-2015, 03:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
So... no comments on the season finale of Once Upon a Time... err, I mean, Supernatural?

Meanwhile... is it me... or did that final effect of "the darkness" coming look astonishingly like the "all hell breaks loose" event from early in the series?
I thought the the same thing. I felt let down by the special effect.
Quote:
Dean did have a good look on his face and delivery of the "I think I just killed Death" line... that was classic Winchester fun.

Death looked a little surprised too.

All things considered, it seems to me that killing Death ought to have a lot more repercussions than whatever darkness they unleashed. Death taking a day off was bad... imagine being gone!
I can't help but think that you can't really kill death and we will see him again.

Overall not the best episode. I will nonetheless be back for next season to see what happens next.
post #2363 of 2366 Old 05-22-2015, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
... I wouldn't mind seeing Rowena stick around a while if they can figure out a way to reign her in a little.
Happy to keep her around, but it looks like they may have souped her up, right before the Darkness fell. I think this one is going the way of the Leviathan. And then, Double Reverse Quadruple Crosses for everyone!

v/r,
C-F
post #2364 of 2366 Old 05-22-2015, 10:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:

I guess that means it was so predictable it did not deserve comment.
post #2365 of 2366 Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

There could also be another misdirect coming... I remember when we thought we'd get bad Castiel for a while, but they killed him off in the first episode of the new season and went for the Leviathan.

What if they go the other way this time and make Rowena the focus and undermine the Darkness? Maybe because she was the one breaking the curse, she gets some measure of control over it or something?

post #2366 of 2366 Unread Today, 10:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_B View Post
I can't help but think that you can't really kill death and we will see him again.
We're talking about Supernatural; death is never very far away...

Quote:
I think this one is going the way of the Leviathan.
Nice observation: The Darkness = Leviathans

Quote:
What if they go the other way this time and make Rowena the focus and undermine the Darkness? Maybe because she was the one breaking the curse, she gets some measure of control over it or something?
Rowena will obviously be back.
However, exactly what her relationship to The Darkness is anyone's guess at this point.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page