Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 719 Old 10-08-2015, 09:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Same here, always in. I wasn't happy about them killing a sub character but Jared has not been used in some time so I guess it's OK. I'm in for as long as it runs.
post #693 of 719 Old 12-27-2015, 06:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post
Same here, always in. I wasn't happy about them killing a sub character but Jared has not been used in some time so I guess it's OK. I'm in for as long as it runs.
Just caught up on the season...

Dude! Hodgins!!!

post #694 of 719 Old 12-27-2015, 06:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post
Just caught up on the season...

Dude! Hodgins!!!
post #695 of 719 Old 07-22-2016, 10:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 301
So I really thought this was the last season. I could have sworn I'd read that somewhere, and was kinda excited to be done with it!

Not yet . . . not quite yet . . .
post #696 of 719 Old 09-06-2016, 10:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Liked: 870
Believe it or not I started watching Bones on Netflix a couple months ago, never saw it before... I'm completely hooked, the chemistry between Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz is up there with Mulder and Scully, the investigations, the relationships, the humor, acting... I'm at season 8 right now, although I already know a few of the upcomings twists (basically who dies and who finally "reappears" ) - but it doesn't matter it's such a great show. I can't believe I missed it before!

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."- Victor Hugo.

Last edited by Morpheo; 09-06-2016 at 10:56 AM.
post #697 of 719 Old 01-05-2017, 07:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 39
In the season premiere of this final season, they are finally undoing some of damage done to the character of Zack Addy many seasons earlier.
post #698 of 719 Old 01-05-2017, 10:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by nottenst View Post
In the season premiere of this final season, they are finally undoing some of damage done to the character of Zack Addy many seasons earlier.
I agree completely. Why they did that to Zack is a mystery to me. Not sure if the actor wanted to pursue a different path, but to me that storyline really didn't make a lot of sense.
post #699 of 719 Old 01-05-2017, 10:43 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2309
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeewing View Post
I agree completely. Why they did that to Zack is a mystery to me. Not sure if the actor wanted to pursue a different path, but to me that storyline really didn't make a lot of sense.
Yeah, we discussed this at the time and Eric Millegan who plays Zack wanted to go off and do something else, theater maybe.

Still doesn't justify the idiotic way they wrote his character off the show however. I still remember all the plot holes that dumb twist created.

post #700 of 719 Old 01-07-2017, 04:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 737 Post(s)
Liked: 544
I always wondered if they did it, instead of killing him off, because they thought maybe he might want to come back and they wanted to leave the door open.

It was weird... and most of the others have just been killed off when they left the show.
post #701 of 719 Old 01-08-2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
I always wondered if they did it, instead of killing him off, because they thought maybe he might want to come back and they wanted to leave the door open.

It was weird... and most of the others have just been killed off when they left the show.
If they wanted to leave the door open for a return just sending him on a dig to the middle of Unknownsland Overseasworld would have accomplished that.

They could have made the character quit with numerous less dumb plot swerves. If Zach had just shot and killed the Gormagon dude (or some other random intruder) to save Brennan he could have had a breakdown and left.

But the showrunners thought having the most logical and thoughtful character on the show choose to become an acolyte of a cannibal serial killer making a big silver skeleton for no reason was the way to go. Truly one of the dumbest writing moments on television.

post #702 of 719 Old 01-08-2017, 05:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Every time this comes up, my mind wanders to the Aqua Teen Hunger Force episode about the Gorgatron... It was hard for me to take the Bones episodes with the Gormagon seriously after that.

But, yeah... I see your points... it was really odd what they did with Zach. I was trying to imagine some kind of plan, but truth be told... I don't get it either.
post #703 of 719 Old 01-16-2017, 11:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
i cant believe this show is still on TV. i thought they cancelled it
post #704 of 719 Old 01-16-2017, 10:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

This is the stretch run... a final half-season.
post #705 of 719 Old 01-17-2017, 01:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

How many episodes are there left?
post #706 of 719 Old 01-22-2017, 10:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I believe I read 12 episodes... with 3 having already aired... so 9 left. What I don't know is if that 12th episode is a standard one OR if it might be double-length or anything. Either way, we're going to be fast approaching the halfway point here soon.
post #707 of 719 Old 03-30-2017, 11:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Well . . . we're done.

I thought they wrapped up the show appropriately. OR at least gave closure on nearly every character.

I'd grown tired of the show, so this was bittersweet.
post #708 of 719 Old 03-30-2017, 12:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 96
I've enjoyed the show over the years. I think the best episodes were from season 1-4. When Booth & Bones got hitched, I felt the "tension" of the show decline a lot (IMO) after that. I think the closing episode showed, or mentioned just about everybody in the series. Two exceptions were some "squints". I don't remember their names, but the tall, thin one (that was always depressed and thought he knew as much as Bones) and the one that was from Mexico (or South America?) were not shown or mentioned. I thought it was a nice touch they showed the scorched plaque of the squint "Nigel-Murray" that had been killed in the lab by a sniper. The show had done well to be on for 12 seasons. That longevity is quite rare.
post #709 of 719 Old 04-02-2017, 06:44 AM

I thought it was ironic when Hodgins said "everything changes" because I haven't watched the show for years but after about two minutes it was like I had never been away. It was pretty simple to pick up the plot. Honestly I would have been quite disappointed with the end of Kovac if I had been following the arc, because he was killed in such an unsatisfying and cartoonish way that I thought it was a fakeout and the driver would be someone else so Booth and Bones could take Kovac down face to face at the end.

Two things that definitely changed since I last watched were that I discovered Sarah Rue looks amazing now and Emily Deschanel is huge! She is so big now I kept wondering why the FBI allowed a pregnant woman on a raid. As if Bones being there wasn't ridiculous enough.

I really enjoyed the show when it began but a series of missteps and the general familiarity of everything lost me eventually. I'll tune in if I see it randomly somewhere maybe, but I said goodbye a while back.

post #710 of 719 Old 04-02-2017, 10:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Emily has appeared to be about five months pregnant for the last year or so. Really porked out.
shivaji likes this.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #711 of 719 Old 04-03-2017, 08:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
Well . . . we're done.

I thought they wrapped up the show appropriately. OR at least gave closure on nearly every character.

I'd grown tired of the show, so this was bittersweet.
I'm glad it ended well and Zack Addy's story was resolved a few episodes ago a lot more satisfyingly than when the actor left the series the first time.
post #712 of 719 Old 04-03-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
Emily has appeared to be about five months pregnant for the last year or so. Really porked out.
Boreanaz looks a bit rougher in the face but hasn't really changed that much and the rest of the cast still look the same too. Somehow I don't think we'll see this version of Emily again soon!

shivaji likes this.

post #713 of 719 Old 04-03-2017, 11:46 AM
Advanced Member

If you want to see how Boreanaz has aged (or not) over the years, take a look at Entertainment Weekly's Buffy Cast Reunion photos.
post #714 of 719 Old 04-03-2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottenst View Post
If you want to see how Boreanaz has aged (or not) over the years, take a look at Entertainment Weekly's Buffy Cast Reunion photos.
He was hitting peak porkiness during the last few seasons of Angel which made his "immortal vampire" character a bit of a joke compared to how he was during Buffy. "Fat Angel" was definitely going around at that time. Made worse because James Marsters barely changed at all.

Since then he's dialed it back slightly and stayed kind of the same, and on Bones didn't drastically change from the beginning of the show. In fact I think he might have got in better shape.

post #715 of 719 Old 04-03-2017, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 112
I quit watching when the soap opera aspects became more important than the investigative aspects; IOW, shortly before they got married. IDK how they resolved the religious disparity between them, since I quit watching. About the time I quit, it was a race between the soap opera and the ridiculous in-the-script mini ads for Toyota as to what was going to drive me away first.

I tuned in to watch the finale only because I was such a fan of the show in the beginning. I assumed Emily Deschanel must be pregnant again, but if that is all weight gain... WOW! She and Kirstie Alley should form a support group!
post #716 of 719 Old 04-03-2017, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

All I know is that I'm not going to show a picture of myself from 10 years ago and now in this thread . . .
mx6bfast and shivaji like this.
post #717 of 719 Old 04-03-2017, 05:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 98
I figure, she worked hard to look good for us for all those years and so many episodes. I imagine that is hard on a lady to deny the pleasures of food for that long. If she wants to pork it up as the show rolls into finale, I say good for you! Enjoy that food. You deserve it. All good things come to an end. I would probably still try to hit on her if we met in real life.
shivaji likes this.

Margot Robbie is THE most exquisite human creature on the face of the planet, in this moment in time.
post #718 of 719 Old 04-04-2017, 06:59 PM

For reasons too convoluted to explain I just came across this fun interview about Bones.

The show may be over but this probably typifies the main reason the show lasted this long. Actor chemistry and general good humor.

post #719 of 719 Old 04-05-2017, 07:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 733 Post(s)
Liked: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hanky View Post
I figure, she worked hard to look good for us for all those years and so many episodes. I imagine that is hard on a lady to deny the pleasures of food for that long. If she wants to pork it up as the show rolls into finale, I say good for you! Enjoy that food. You deserve it. All good things come to an end. I would probably still try to hit on her if we met in real life.
All true! Pork out Emily, to your hearts content. thanks for the laugh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page