Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #181 of 676 Old 12-02-2006, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, so with the last two shows shown I'm now in love with Bones and her musical tastes. Her great 'explanation' of Jazz, and her mention of Massive Attack has me hooked.
I really loved the whole Bones and Booth discussion about partners, and male and female, great fun. I also wondered with Hodges' grin whether he put the 'ghost' into the 'rendered' footage, just to get Angela? Though it did seem he was just enjoying the contact--he certainly is smitten.

erik g
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 676 Old 12-04-2006, 04:55 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaderson View Post

Ok, so with the last two shows shown I'm now in love with Bones and her musical tastes. Her great 'explanation' of Jazz, and her mention of Massive Attack has me hooked.
I really loved the whole Bones and Booth discussion about partners, and male and female, great fun. I also wondered with Hodges' grin whether he put the 'ghost' into the 'rendered' footage, just to get Angela? Though it did seem he was just enjoying the contact--he certainly is smitten.

The good news is they hook up during a future episode. Now if we could just get Dr. Temperance Brennan & Agent Booth together. Although, Dr. Saroyan is no slouch either.
post #183 of 676 Old 12-14-2006, 04:38 PM
Advanced Member

What a great episode last night. This show continues to be the finest under-appreciated show on television. It's certainly in my top 5 of all shows on television.
post #184 of 676 Old 12-14-2006, 04:45 PM
Advanced Member

Bones
Robert Bianco's USA Today Critic's Corner Dec. 13, 2006

Bones heads into the holidays with an episode that certainly holds the promise of big things. Directed by X-Files star David Duchovny, the outing features a guest shot by Ryan O'Neal as a priest who gives Bones a message from her father. Keep an eye out for a cameo character, Professor Constance Wright she's played by Kathy Reichs, the author of the books on which Bones is based. Reichs should be pleased; the show she inspired has really come into its own.
post #185 of 676 Old 12-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm357 View Post

Does anyone watch this show? I love it, its very addicting. The characters are wonderfully crafted and every episode I have seen I haven't been disappointed. For those of you that have seen it what do you think? And for those of you that haven't Check it Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by samundsen View Post

I love this show, mostly because it has Ange... I mean David Boreanaz as one of the leads, and he's fantastic here. The characters and their interactions are great, this is one of the shows I am looking most forward to every week.

Visit this thread often and post freely!
post #186 of 676 Old 12-17-2006, 10:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyK View Post

Bones
Robert Bianco's USA Today Critic's Corner Dec. 13, 2006

Bones heads into the holidays with an episode that certainly holds the promise of big things. Directed by X-Files star David Duchovny, the outing features a guest shot by Ryan O'Neal as a priest who gives Bones a message from her father. Keep an eye out for a cameo character, Professor Constance Wright she's played by Kathy Reichs, the author of the books on which Bones is based. Reichs should be pleased; the show she inspired has really come into its own.

New shows start back on Jan. 28th. I take it Kathy Reichs was the lady in the middle, sitting to the left of Bones(Bones' left), when they were interviewing Zach at the start of the show? I don't recall ever hearing a name in the show for her.
post #187 of 676 Old 12-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

New shows start back on Jan. 28th. I take it Kathy Reichs was the lady in the middle, sitting to the left of Bones(Bones' left), when they were interviewing Zach at the start of the show? I don't recall ever hearing a name in the show for her.

She was indeed the lady in the middle. Her character's name was Professor Constance Wright. I think I heard Zach mention her name later on.
post #188 of 676 Old 12-18-2006, 01:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
I wonder if Zach will keep his new "makeover" look in future episodes?
post #189 of 676 Old 12-18-2006, 06:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:

She was indeed the lady in the middle. Her character's name was Professor Constance Wright. I think I heard Zach mention her name later on.

Useless trivia, Dr Reichs lives in Charlotte, NC and is a professor of anthropology at The University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Her character Professor Wright (Constance - Kathy / Wright - Reichs) should know much about testifying in court since in real life she does a lot of that in North Carolina and Montreal, Canada as well.

For those interested : http://www.kathyreichs.com

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.
post #190 of 676 Old 12-18-2006, 06:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxer View Post

I wonder if Zach will keep his new "makeover" look in future episodes?

Previews for at least the next show in January shows yes.

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.
post #191 of 676 Old 12-18-2006, 08:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post

Previews for at least the next show in January shows yes.

Yup, it does looks like the new-look Zach is here to stay.
post #192 of 676 Old 12-18-2006, 08:38 PM
Advanced Member

Wednesday's Bones episodes are great repeats from last season. In particular, they are re-airing the exceptional Christmas episode The Man in the Fallout Shelter. Anyone who might have missed it last year can catch it Wed. Anyone who's already seen it, it's definitely worth watching again.
post #193 of 676 Old 12-18-2006, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Wednesday's Bones episodes are great repeats from last season. In particular, they are re-airing the exceptional Christmas episode The Man in the Fallout Shelter. Anyone who might have missed it last year can catch it Wed. Anyone who's already seen it, it's definitely worth watching again.

It's especially interesting because my brother did get 'Valley Fever'. You get it from the fungus that's released in the episode; the reason for the quarantine.
I must say I really enjoyed the episode. Loved the how the boss kept explaining to Booth the clinical reason for why he was seeing sparkly things. And the parade of Christmas visitors--the clan for Zack, the hot French-Canadian for Hodges, and Angela's Dad. And, the presents.

erik g
post #194 of 676 Old 12-19-2006, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaderson View Post

It's especially interesting because my brother did get 'Valley Fever'. You get it from the fungus that's released in the episode; the reason for the quarantine.
I must say I really enjoyed the episode. Loved the how the boss kept explaining to Booth the clinical reason for why he was seeing sparkly things. And the parade of Christmas visitors--the clan for Zack, the hot French-Canadian for Hodges, and Angela's Dad. And, the presents.

Yep, it's a great show, but I like so many of the episodes of Bones, I miss the old boss, Cam is growing on me, but I really liked the original boss.
post #195 of 676 Old 12-19-2006, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

Yep, it's a great show, but I like so many of the episodes of Bones, I miss the old boss, Cam is growing on me, but I really liked the original boss.

Yeah, the original boss surely played a completely differenct character than on his previous show "American Dreams". Quite a turn around.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
post #196 of 676 Old 12-19-2006, 04:47 PM
Advanced Member

A bit more about the The Man in the Fallout Shelter episode. Angela's dad is played by ZZ Top guitarist Billy Gibbons in a brief appearance. As I recall, her character even references that her father plays with ZZ Top. I've often thought that this might make an interesting thread for a future Angela storyline, but nothing has come up about it since. At least not yet.
post #197 of 676 Old 01-03-2007, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Well to bring this thread back to the top...after seeing a few shows on air, the wife and I went through season 1 over the weekend. I love this show. Bones is beautiful, brilliant, kick ass and totally naive. Booth is clever, commited, funny and intense. Great chemistry... The supporting characters are well written, interesting and great foils. I find the episodes are interesting, more as character studies than compelling plots, as many get telegraphed early. I find this refreshing. The show's laugh out loud funny, but can turn tension up and the emotions on when called for. It's a big hit at my house.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #198 of 676 Old 01-04-2007, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

The show's laugh out loud funny, but can turn tension up and the emotions on when called for.
It's a big hit at my house.

My wife and I enjoy Bones too.
The character interaction just keeps getting better and better. It looks like they're getting into a little more development with Zack now too, which should be interesting cause he's kind of freaky. My favorite part of the show is when Bones gets in a situation where there's no empirical data available (love, faith, God, etc..) and she has to deal with the situation from her heart instead of her head. Bones would be the girl at a party that everyone would love to see drunk, I bet she would be a rip with her inhibitions stripped away.
There's only two network shows my wife and I watch live together now- Bones and House. We do watch Medium together too, but I always end up recording it and editing out the commercials before we watch.... I guess because of it's 10PM timeslot we can't seem to catch Medium live together.

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
post #199 of 676 Old 01-31-2007, 03:52 PM
Advanced Member

Bones is finally back with a new episode tonight, so it must be time to gently nudge this discussion awake.

Fox has so much confidence in this show, they're using it as the lead in to AI in the hopes that it might give Idol a boost in ratings. (RIGHT!)

Here's to hoping Bones gets a good number of pre-Idol viewers.

This thread get so little love.
post #200 of 676 Old 01-31-2007, 03:54 PM
Advanced Member

TV Q&A
Ask Matt
(from the Ask Matt column at TVGuide.com
By Matt Roush: TVGuide.com TV Critic Monday, January 29, 2007

Question: I'd like to thank you for your support of Bones. While I know it's doing OK ratings-wise, at least for Fox, I can't help but notice that Fox doesn't seem to promote it very much. I'd hardly argue that Bones is the best show on TV, but for me it is easily the most enjoyable. It seems like many people who watch NCIS on CBS might also like Bones both are somewhat light-hearted, character-driven procedurals if they only knew it existed! Sometimes I wish Bones would stop pushing the chemistry between the two leads so hard and make it more of an ensemble affair. The supporting cast members are my favorites! Other than that, this is the show I look forward to the most each week. I hope to see it get a third season! Kate S.

Matt Roush: Ah, the power of the Web. I recently wrote something in support of Bones, and suddenly my mailbox is full of kudos from fans who've been directed from a fan site to thank me. I chose to print Kate's letter because her comparison to NCIS is on the mark. It is very frustrating to see the enormous numbers that a show like NCIS can wrack up on CBS, while Bones by all measures a superior show but one with many of the same attributes (grisly crimes, attractive and amusing lead players, an undercurrent of romantic and sexual tension) goes begging. It makes absolutely no sense to me. Not that I have anything against NCIS. To the contrary. But you'd think that its audience might, at least for an hour, flip away from CBS on Wednesdays to sample Bones on Fox, especially while the former network continues to torture us with that insipid celebreality time-waster Armed & Famous.

C'mon, NCIS fans. Whaddaya say?
post #201 of 676 Old 01-31-2007, 03:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredfa View Post

Note: there are some minor Bones spoilers in this piece.
Critic's Notebook
David Boreanaz: 'Bones' is not procedural
By Ellen Gray Philadelphia Daily News Wed, Jan. 31, 2007

Try to avoid using the p-word around David Boreanaz.

That would be p, as in "procedural."

Sure, from a distance, what's going on in Fox's "Bones" - the unearthing of bodies, many of them in ghastly condition, and the subsequent solving of the crimes that put them in such sad shape - might look not unlike what's going on any of CBS' "CSIs."

But for Boreanaz and co-star Emily Deschanel, the model for "Bones" should be "Moonlighting," the '80s romp in which crime-solving mostly took a back seat to the sexually charged cross-talk between Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepherd.

"For us... it was never about a procedural show," Boreanaz said earlier this month during a Fox party in Pasadena, Calif.

"I think it's cute, it's fun and you just don't see that on television in procedurals, in hour dramas. It's great to be part of that," said the Malvern Prep grad, who made his own acting bones playing a vampire with a soul - and occasionally a sardonic wit - first in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and later as the star of the spinoff "Angel."

Now, as FBI agent Seeley Booth in "Bones," he's discovered that romantic comedy's more than a Monday-through-Friday job.

Weekends find Boreanaz and Deschanel putting in two to four more hours of work together with acting coach Ivana Chubbuck, said the actor, the son of WPVI (Channel 6) weatherguy Dave Roberts and his wife, Patti.

Chubbuck, he said, "allows us to take these ideas into scenes and find those improvisational moments and find what drives each other crazy, whether it's a song or a gesture or a movement - it's just while we're somehow dealing with the case. Because it's not about the case for me."

Working together, said Deschanel, "we've become... so attuned to working with each other and kind of honed that. I hate to say that - that sounds silly - but it's become more fluid or something."

Their interactions "become like a shorthand, in a way, and the characters become stronger and stronger. The characters get closer together. David and I are more and more used to working with each other, and the rest of the cast members," Deschanel said.

While Boreanaz's character, a hard-charging agent with intimacy issues, doesn't exactly break new ground in television, Deschanel's Dr. Temperance Brennan, a brilliant scientist with extremely limited social skills, probably does. At least for women.

So clueless is Brennan when it comes to the way most humans interact that Boreanaz's Booth has been forced to become a sort of guide to the world outside Brennan's laboratory.

When asked if Brennan might not actually have Asperger syndrome - a condition many doctors consider a form of high-functioning autism - Deschanel nodded.

"Hart Hanson, the creator of the show, and I discuss, you know, that my character almost has Asperger syndrome, and, you know, if maybe if it was a film, that I maybe specifically would have Asperger's," she said.

"If you look at the character of Zack, [a Brennan subordinate who's] played by Eric Millegan, he almost definitely has Asperger syndrome," she added.

"I think it's fascinating to have a character who's brilliant in one area and clueless" in others, Deschanel said.

"And it's so sweet that she's trying to learn about things. You know, I talked to a psychologist who specializes in people with Asperger's and she said she's worked with kids who start at 12 years old not being able to understand, you know, a social interaction almost at all and then are now in college and can have relationships that are almost more in touch than a lot of kids their age, because they work so much in therapy and work so hard," she said.

When they're not digging up the dead bodies, look for Booth and Brennan to be digging a little deeper into their own psyches this season.

"Booth goes into therapy," Deschanel said, adding that British actor Stephen Fry - the former comedy partner of "House's" Hugh Laurie - is playing the therapist.

"We end up in therapy together. My character's always said she hates psychology, but you'll see - she finds a way to understand it," she said.

Fry, said Boreanaz happily, is "crazy."

"I didn't know exactly who Stephen Fry was when I started and everybody was a bit like, 'Wow, you don't know who Stephen Fry is,' [but]... he's going to bring something really unique and credible to the show, and we're very excited to have him."

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/ent...printstory.jsp

|
post #202 of 676 Old 01-31-2007, 03:58 PM

Bones rules. I hope they continue it for several more seasons. I think the diversity of the personalities in the cast makes it one of the best shows on TV as far as entertainment value (at least for me).

- jrod
/"don't mess with a man with a way-back machine, Dave."
post #203 of 676 Old 01-31-2007, 06:57 PM
Advanced Member

Watch Bones!
post #204 of 676 Old 01-31-2007, 09:52 PM
Advanced Member

All I can say is HOLY CRAP!

What an intense episode!
post #205 of 676 Old 02-01-2007, 10:45 AM

Fast National ratings for Wednesday, Jan. 31, 2007

"American Idol" worked its ratings voodoo again Wednesday, this time helping FOX mate "Bones" to its best numbers of the season.

FOX once again won the night going away, drawing a 12.8 rating/19 share. CBS, 6.4/10, came in second, a little ahead of NBC's 6.1/9. ABC's 3.9/6 was good enough for fourth, while The CW trailed with a 1.9/3.

Among adults 18-49, FOX's 8.8 rating was the clear winner. NBC was the best of the rest at 3.0, followed by CBS at 2.8. ABC averaged 2.1 and The CW 1.4.

"Bones" kicked off the night for FOX with a 7.7/12, its best rating of the season, at 8 p.m. A "CSI: NY" rerun put CBS in second. "Friday Night Lights" scored a 4.5/7 for NBC to finish third. "George Lopez," 5.0/8, and "The Knights of Prosperity," 3.3/5, were fourth for ABC. The CW's "Beauty and the Geek" came in at 2.6/4.

Another round of "American Idol" auditions delivered a 17.9/26 for FOX at 9 p.m. NBC moved up to second with "Deal or No Deal," 7.2/11. A "Criminal Minds" rerun, 6.5/10, finished third for CBS. "According to Jim" and "In Case of Emergency" averaged 3.3/5 for ABC. The CW closed its night with "One Tree Hill."

At 10 p.m., a second "CSI: NY" rerun gave CBS the lead with a 7.1/12. "Medium" posted a 6.6/11 for NBC, and ABC's "Primetime: Medical Mysteries" drew a 4.2/7.
post #206 of 676 Old 02-01-2007, 11:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 494
I'm still amazed that having long shots of a decapitated head in a fridge and being autopsied can get on the air at 8pm and with only a TV 14 rating.

post #207 of 676 Old 02-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Bones is finally back with a new episode tonight, so it must be time to gently nudge this discussion awake.

Fox has so much confidence in this show, they're using it as the lead in to AI in the hopes that it might give Idol a boost in ratings. (RIGHT!)

Here's to hoping Bones gets a good number of pre-Idol viewers.

This thread get so little love.

Overnights in the 18-49 Demo
Returning 'Bones' gets an 'Idol' boost
Fox drama jumps 50 percent over season average
By Toni Fitzgerald MediaLifeMagazine.com staff writer Feb. 1, 2007

Bones got quite a welcome-back present from its recent hiatus: an American Idol lead-out that helped boost it to a season best, well above its previous average.

Bones averaged a 4.2 adults 18-49 rating last night, according to Nielsen overnights, up 50 percent over its season-to-date average of 2.8. Though it remained in its usual 8 p.m. timeslot, it had an Idol lead-out at 9 p.m. for the first time after two weeks of two-hour episodes of the hit reality show.

The Fox drama dominated a weak timeslot, finishing nearly 40 percent ahead of CBS's CSI: NY rerun, which took second in the hour.

Bones built throughout the hour, likely from viewers tuning in early in anticipation of Idol. It jumped from a 3.9 to a 4.6 in its second half hour. In fact, it may have even gotten a boost from viewers who thought Idol was once again two hours long and tuned in at 8 p.m. for that show.

It seems Fox could well maintain a big lead in the timeslot going forward. CBS recently canceled its 8 p.m. show, Armed & Famous, and NBC's Friday Night Lights, though scoring its best rating since October last night, has struggled all season. Meanwhile, ABC rejiggered its lineup this week, and the results weren't encouraging.

Though it finished second at 8 p.m. with a 2.8 for George Lopez, the acclaimed sitcom Knights of Prosperity lost nearly half that lead-in in its new 8:30 slot, averaging a 2.0.

Only the CW, whose strength is in adults 18-34, did much against Bones. Beauty and the Geek matched its season premiere ratings in that demo, tying with Univision for second in the timeslot with a 2.5.

Not surprisingly, Fox was first for the night among 18-49s with an 8.8 average rating and a 22 share. NBC was second at 3.0/8, CBS third at 2.8/7, ABC fourth at 2.1/5, Univision fifth at 1.7/4 and CW sixth at 1.4/3.

At 8 p.m. Fox led with a 4.2 for Bones, followed by a 2.6 for CBS for a repeat of CSI: NY. NBC was third with a 2.5 for Lights, with Univision and ABC tied for fourth at 2.4/, Univision for La Fea Mas Bella and ABC for Lopez (2.8) and Knights (2.0). That left CW sixth with a 2.0 for Geek.

Fox led again at 9 p.m. this time with a 13.4 for American Idol. NBC was second with a 3.1 for Deal or No Deal, CBS third with a 2.7 for a repeat of Criminal Minds and ABC fourth with a 2.0 average for According to Jim (2.2) and In Case of Emergency (2.8). Univision was fifth with a 1.7 for Mundo de Fieras and CW sixth with a 0.7 for a One Tree Hill rerun.

NBC took the lead at 10 p.m. with a 3.4 for Medium, followed by a 3.2 for CBS for another CSI: NY repeat. ABC was third with a 2.0 for Primetime and Univision fourth with a 1.0 for Don Francisco Presenta.

Among households, Fox led the night rather easily with a 12.8 average rating and a 19 share. CBS was second at 6.4/10, NBC third at 6.1/9, ABC fourth at 3.9/6, Univision fifth at 2.2/3 and CW sixth at 1.9/3.

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/art...ticle_9915.asp
post #208 of 676 Old 02-01-2007, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Great show - great episode.
post #209 of 676 Old 02-01-2007, 04:17 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasnhrpr View Post

Fast National ratings for Wednesday, Jan. 31, 2007

jasnhrpr--I see you are new here. Please add links to all internet material you post, especially ratings material -- the folks at zap2it (not to mention Nielsen Media Research) would appreciate it.

(And if you want ratings you can understand -- with real viewer numbers -- you can check the Hot Off The Press sticky -- usually by a few minutes after noon ET -- for ratings (and knowledgeable analysis from Media Week's Marc Berman like this:

"...Fox, as expected, led the midweek troops by epic proportions on the strength of Bones and American Idol. Bones opened the evening with a healthy - and dominant - 12.56 million viewers and a 4.3 rating/11 share among adults 18-49, building in the second half-hour by a noticeable 1.62 million viewers (11.75 to 13.37 million) and 18 percent among adults 18-49 (3.9/10 to 4.6/12). That could be, no doubt, a reflection of what you would call the American Idol pre tune-in factor...."

Source: Nielsen Media Research data

(By the way, both "Hot Off The Press" and Berman post ratings seven days a week, holidays and all, and with real viewer numbers, not just ratings points/share, which often confuse even hardened TV veterans.)
Marc's blog is here:

http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/t...451/m/40610313

Hot Off The Press is here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=440744

Nonetheless, stunning ratings for Bones. TommyK must be a very, very happy camper!
post #210 of 676 Old 02-01-2007, 04:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 494
One thing which I haven't seen on Bones for while and which always annoyed me, is the stupid holographic imaging gimmick. Since they dumped that as a weekly part of the show it's improved my enjoyment a lot. I always hated that Sci-Fi device. Bones has enough character and realistic forensic stuff to carry it without gimmicks.

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page