Verizon FiOS HDTV - Page 487 - AVS Forum
First ... 485  486  487 488  489  ... Last
HDTV Programming > Verizon FiOS HDTV
ccotenj's Avatar ccotenj 12:32 PM 03-31-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by greinstein View Post

Does anyone have the list of "approved" esata drives, and if so, please post.

i'd like to know as well... i'm assuming that the wd one i used with my tivo will work with the 7232.... i don't see any obvious reasons why it shouldn't...

lexluthor's Avatar lexluthor 12:37 PM 03-31-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmatt View Post

Final test build of 1.9 was pushed out overnight to the beta group. Hopefully this one is the one to go national.

Cross your fingers folks!

In the past, have rollouts been done in "regions"? Has the order of regions been similar in the past? In other words, any guesses as to who might get this first? last?
DCFan's Avatar DCFan 01:02 PM 03-31-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post

In the past, have rollouts been done in "regions"?

They will roll out upgrades by VHO's. Typically they'll upgrade a couple of VHO's a week so it'll take about 6 weeks to complete the upgrade nationally. And also typically the VHO's in DC/Md/VA (4/9) would always be last.
bob2274's Avatar bob2274 05:57 PM 03-31-2011
The "official" announcement was made on Verizon's blog page. MASN2 HD will be added to remaining MASN areas (except Delaware) on April 4, only 12 months after everyone else launched it. http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon...p/297001#M2180
I still don't understand why Verizon would not show MASN2 HD in Delaware, or even the Comcast Network HD in the Philadelphia region. Maybe the people at Verizon think that sports just aren't very important to people there.
bob2274's Avatar bob2274 06:03 PM 03-31-2011
On that same blog, Heather also gave the official word that Fox Soccer Channel HD is coming later this month, I'm assuming she meant April. We already knew all of this info thanks to contributors here, but it's nice to hear it from someone at Verizon. This way we know that the plans aren't likely to change.
URFloorMatt's Avatar URFloorMatt 07:24 PM 03-31-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCFan View Post

They will roll out upgrades by VHO's. Typically they'll upgrade a couple of VHO's a week so it'll take about 6 weeks to complete the upgrade nationally. And also typically the VHO's in DC/Md/VA (4/9) would always be last.

To be fair, we were not last for TruTV HD. I believe we were last for BET HD though.
bob2274's Avatar bob2274 07:40 PM 03-31-2011
We were next to last for BET HD. There was a group of 2 or 3 VHO's that got this channel on one day the very next week. Channels aren't such a big problem since Verizon launches them to everyone usually within a week. IMG updates seem to take forever, but maybe since 1.9 will have been tested by customers, the rollout won't take months like it has in the past.
DCFan's Avatar DCFan 07:54 PM 03-31-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2274 View Post

IMG updates seem to take forever, but maybe since 1.9 will have been tested by customers, the rollout won't take months like it has in the past.

Another typical case with IMG updates, after the rollout to the first VHO they discover their new IMG is riddled with bugs and halt the rollout until the problems are fixed at which time they resume the rollout.
DCFan's Avatar DCFan 06:12 AM 04-01-2011
VHO4 got FSC-HD, channel 584, last night.
jeepmon's Avatar jeepmon 08:17 AM 04-01-2011
As a warning to everyone that "upgraded" their DVR throught the e-mail!!

I upgraded one of my DVR's to the 7232 and was charged twice for the "upgrade fee" shown below.

Change in Service and Partial Month
STB Upgrade FeeFeb 28 39.99
STB Upgrade FeeMar 7 39.99
Total Change in Service and Partial Month $79.98

So far have spent more than 2 hours on the phone to get corrected - on hold again!! My mother is having the same issue.

Sometimes I wonder if FIOS is worth all the billing hassles and time spent on the phone with them.

Posted in the "Verizon FIOS Motorola 7232" forum as well.
isyoox's Avatar isyoox 08:23 AM 04-01-2011
I hate Verizon customer service. They have a good product, but honestly their backend systems must be the worst. I get the runaround all the time when I call them. They can never find my account, even when I give them the account number. The also moved my online account to a new user name without ever telling me! That took hours on the phone to figure out why I couldn't log in anymore and pay my bill online. Worst ever. I blame Accenture partly, who did their IT.
jeepmon's Avatar jeepmon 08:34 AM 04-01-2011
isyoox - I always have issues witt the account number too - sometimes they want the zero's at the beginning and sometimes they don't. This was a huge issue when I did the "refer a friend".

And when they changed the online accounts it was a huge mess, first, they didn't take the recurring payment, then they charged me a late fee, finally got that worked and they charged me twice. This took 4 calls and approximately 11 hours of my time - frustrating!!

Still working on the double charge for the upgrade fee - nearly 3 hours
URFloorMatt's Avatar URFloorMatt 10:25 AM 04-01-2011
Quote:

VHO4 got FSC-HD, channel 584, last night.

Good to see our b****ing finally paid off, aye? Or did I just get 4/1 pranked?
DCFan's Avatar DCFan 11:39 AM 04-01-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by URFloorMatt View Post

Good to see our b****ing finally paid off, aye? Or did I just get 4/1 pranked?

The latter, I'm afraid.
LL3HD's Avatar LL3HD 11:47 AM 04-01-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmon View Post

I upgraded one of my DVR's to the 7232 and was charged twice for the "upgrade fee" shown below.

So far have spent more than 2 hours on the phone to get corrected - on hold again!! My mother is having the same issue.

Same thing for me! And I thought it was just me.
URFloorMatt's Avatar URFloorMatt 12:24 PM 04-01-2011
Quote:

The latter, I'm afraid.

Yes, I see now on DSL Reports that the rollout is scheduled for the week of 4/11. But it does appear that VHO4 will be first in line for once.
DaveFi's Avatar DaveFi 01:39 PM 04-01-2011
Was having a problem with pixellation on HD VOD so I had a tech over today and now it's worse! Pixellation and my 35/35 connection is crawling. You'd think things would be better when they leave... Oh well, now I have to wait all day tomorrow for another tech visit (8-5pm window).
J y E 4Ever's Avatar J y E 4Ever 03:17 PM 04-01-2011
Isn't this the same company with the millions in over charged cell phone bills?
UnnDunn's Avatar UnnDunn 04:58 PM 04-01-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmon View Post

Sometimes I wonder if FIOS is worth all the billing hassles and time spent on the phone with them.

Posted in the "Verizon FIOS Motorola 7232" forum as well.

I got this on my bill yesterday as well. I got on to their live chat and explained the situation, and they are crediting me the difference on next month's bill. And since it was through live chat, I have it in writing (and a voucher number besides.) Took all of about 20 minutes to get it resolved.

Edit: I checked my bill online this morning, and an adjustment credit has been posted to my account for the disputed amount. Problem = solved. Me = happy.
automag928's Avatar automag928 09:14 AM 04-02-2011
Quote:

We already knew all of this info thanks to contributors here, but it's nice to hear it from someone at Verizon. This way we know that the plans aren't likely to change.

Maybe you already are hearing from someone at Verizon
mbyrnes's Avatar mbyrnes 05:07 PM 04-02-2011
Quote:

The "official" announcement was made on Verizon's blog page. MASN2 HD will be added to remaining MASN areas (except Delaware) on April 4, only 12 months after everyone else launched it. http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon...p/297001#M2180
I still don't understand why Verizon would not show MASN2 HD in Delaware, or even the Comcast Network HD in the Philadelphia region. Maybe the people at Verizon think that sports just aren't very important to people there.

I am EXTREMELY pissed off about this. I should not have to watch the Phillies in SDTV because Verizon doesn't want to offer TCNHD. It isn't like tonight's game is the only time this will happen. With both the Flyers and Sixers getting into the playoffs I will be stuck watching the Phillies in crappy SD for the next few months.

This is a deal breaker for a lot of Philadelphians. I think Comcast knows that this is a huge deal for a lot of people and will schedule the Phillies on the SD only network on purpose. I wouldn't blame them either.
LL3HD's Avatar LL3HD 05:10 PM 04-02-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes View Post

I am EXTREMELY pissed off about this. I should not have to watch the Phillies in SDTV because Verizon doesn't want to offer TCNHD. It isn't like tonight's game is the only time this will happen. With both the Flyers and Sixers getting into the playoffs I will be stuck watching the Phillies in crappy SD for the next few months.

This is a deal breaker for a lot of Philadelphians. I think Comcast knows that this is a huge deal for a lot of people and will schedule the Phillies on the SD only network on purpose. I wouldn't blame them either.

We have the same crap here in the NY market with no MSG HD for Knicks and Rangers but I think our situation is that the Dolans are greedy ,,,, fill in the slur.
jamieva's Avatar jamieva 05:13 PM 04-02-2011
Well I guess I lucked out I didn't get the double charge
bob2274's Avatar bob2274 09:08 PM 04-02-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by automag928 View Post

Maybe you already are hearing from someone at Verizon

Hahaaa....maybe.
coyoteaz's Avatar coyoteaz 02:36 AM 04-03-2011
Comcast is illegally withholding CSN/TCN the same way MSG is being withheld. Don't blame Verizon because Comcast and the Dolans are anticompetitive douchebags.
lightbox's Avatar lightbox 05:13 AM 04-04-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnDunn View Post

If you choose an internal ONT, the ONT will be mounted directly over the hole used to pull in the fiber line. They will not run fiber inside your house, under any circumstances.

This is not true. As I write this, I'm looking at the run of FIOS fiber inside my home between the hole from the outside and the position of the internal ONT. The installer ran a small wire channel along the walls to encase the fiber. The position of the hole, which was determined by external factors, was simply not a suitable location for the ONT.

The installer had no problem doing this, and at no time did he even suggest it was not standard procedure. It helped, though, that I moved all the furniture out of the way in advance of the installer's arrival, so that he had a clear path to work in.
JackRum's Avatar JackRum 07:28 AM 04-04-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

thanks for chiming in... you saved me some work this weekend, as i was gonna try to construct a cable...

i think i'll use the project box method to start... what size box did you use?

will do... i'm going to try to get verizon to send me two... set one up with the project box, and then cut the other one apart and experiment..

i'm REALLY curious to know what's different about that port now...

The project box I used was 2X2x1in. The eye that Verizon sends out is pretty small you can use a pretty small box.

I would love to ditch it and go to a straight cable connection, let us know what you find during your dissection. Good Luck!
automag928's Avatar automag928 07:31 AM 04-04-2011
ESPN 3d coming this week...next week be on lookout for fsc hd
ccotenj's Avatar ccotenj 07:35 AM 04-04-2011
@jack...

thanks mate... will do, I'm gonna call today.., I don't suppose they have them at the local stores?

hopefully I'll figure something out...

a side note... after having lived with the new box for several days, one thing really stands out. the amount of thermal energy it produces is very small.
clanger73's Avatar clanger73 08:12 AM 04-04-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by automag928 View Post

ESPN 3d coming this week...next week be on lookout for fsc hd

Really looking forward to FSC HD. Espn 3d just seems a wait of bandwidth at this point. I don't know anyone with a 3d tv.
First ... 485  486  487 488  489  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop