So I got my FIOS Triple Play Extreme HD package setup here as of 3/16.
Took about 5 - 6 hrs in all.
They were taking a good pace at the beginning when they came (2 guys) but after lunch they sped it so fast and I couldnt keep up and they kind of rushed the training session at the end and I didnt get to ask all my questions and stuff I wanted to know.
I was upgrading/converting from DirecTV using SD receivers and TIVO DVRs for 10 years so my only HD was OTA. I had DSL 3 MB speed and phone service with Verizon (Double Play legacy customer)
Pretty happy to finally be able to see Lakers home games in HD not just away games (HD on KCAL 9 w/ OTA).
I got the Moto 7232 in the living room and kids bedroom. Is there a way to know if its the full 500 GB version or a lesser sized HDD in there? It just tells me how full it is % wise but not the actual full size capacity in GBs. I know you can upgrade to the 500 GB version for $40. So far Im ok on size and havent filled it up yet as Im still learning the channels and shows. Not as much programs running for me to record as before (no more new episodes of the regular Law and Order or L&O : and Criminal Intent
Also is there a way to NOT link my living room DVR to his DVR. Id rather he not be able to see my shows. Its nice to have a 2nd DVR as a backup to record another show if there is a conflict or mine gets full (actually he is recording a lot more cartoons than I am shows each day) but I dont see an option to HIDE my DVR or not allow sharing
I *do* want to keep the sharing for the living room DVR and my bedroom SetTop Box receiver only (non DVR) though as that is my 2 areas of viewing.
Some issues Ive had:
1) This is Fiber Optics but on some shows i notice digital noise (large square blocks) that messes up the video for a sec or 2 randomly. This is similar to when we had a heavy storm on Satellite. Why does FIOS have this noise?
2) My HD box (non DVR - QiP 7100 2) in my bedroom is just plugged in waiting for my new TV to arrive so I can hook it all up. They said to just leave it there until I get the TV and then set it up. When they left it was working fine.
For the 1st week it showed the time on the front panel but now it shows nothing. I tried plugging and unplugging but same. I havent called them yet about it. I havent even used it yet. Did it die on me? I saw a little tiny blinking light on the front panel. Is that an error code? Does it go to "sleep" mode if not used / not connected to anything for an extended period of time?
3) I got the 25/25 package for internet. I am getting 25-30 MB download steadily (awesome instant internet compared to 3 MB DSL speeds) but I have only seen 5-6 MB upload speeds. How can they claim 25 up when its not? I dont FTP upload files . Download is the main thing of course for streaming Netflix and Roku channels so its not a big deal but just wondering what everyone else was seeing on upload speed for their 25 package?
Things that are different/dont like about FIOS:
1) I dont like the multi-layer menus to go to the end item to play/delete as much as my TIVO system.
2) The Series Manager is a little different than Im used to so not sure if I like it less or not yet.
3)I would also like to have a filter like I had on DTV/TIVO to filter the channels I received, I also used to be able to add/delete channel by channel on TIVO for the ones I wanted to see in the guide or not but dont see this on FIOS's guide!
4) DVR is a little laggy/slow which is a bit of a pain, compared to TIVO/DTV
1) Is everyone using the 1080i setting for your setup (with a full 1080p plasma TV) or the 720p setting instead to get the best pix?
2) Where is that link to the thread for the Moto 7232 Cheats, Tips. Tricks and FAQ document I read once here but cant find it now.
3) Once I hook up my bedroom dummy non DVR box up, if I have a recorded show on my Master DVR in the living room, and I play it on the settop box, will I be able to pause / FF since it was recorded on a DVR or will I just be able to play it with no pauses?
I assume live TV cant be paused on the dummy ST Box?
Hope I dont regret switching to FIOS instead of upgrading my SD DirecTV to HD