AVS Forum banner

Verizon FiOS HDTV

2M views 19K replies 1K participants last post by  Marcus Carr 
#1 ·
I have heard about the new Verizon FIOS internet and TV services being rolled out across the country. My question is since they are using fiber optics to transmit their signal and with giving them additional bandwidth, will Comcast be ready to compete with them for pure channel capacity?

#11,181 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjrenna /forum/post/17730185

Yes you need to reboot. I went in to Help > In Home Agent > Reboot. After the Reboot Caller ID is under Settings.

Works nice!
Cool, thanks; I'll check it out tonight.

Do you also have the other new features that maxman posted aboutspecifically the internet radio?

#11,183 ·
I did the reboot, still don't see caller ID.

#11,184 ·
#11,188 ·
1.7 - not up in South Jersey

#11,190 ·
So after rebooting I have caller ID. I had to enable it. Supposedly it takes about 24 hours to engage.

I don't see the internet radio thing, perhaps this has something to do with the Media Manager Mac version? Maybe it's not set up for the Mac yet.

#11,193 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiousBark /forum/post/17728735

Are you trying to state that being over-charged is not a big deal?

I mean, really?

Have we now gotten to the point where over-charging is just so common that anyone who comments on it is now just complaining?

Wow we have gone to a new low apparently

Look man. You're taking this out of context and getting quite hysterical about it.

Of course, over charging as a routine practice isn't a good thing. You are correct about that. But if we leave out the paranoids who feel the world is ending because of a mistake, well mistakes happen and that's why we check our bills. When the mistake is caught and promptly rectified, I'm quite satisfied.

#11,194 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k /forum/post/17734480

I have a 6416 DVR with 1.7 firmware. I rebooted as instructed above but still do not have a caller id item in my settings menu anywhere. Is the 6416 supposed to have caller id? do I need to plug in a phone line?

Caller ID has been arriving a week or 2 after the 1.7 udate in most areas. NNJ got it today. It is Not automatically there as soon as you get 1.7.....

#11,195 ·
A funny little anecdote:

Last night I went to pick up my daughter from a friend's house. Friend's Dad answered the door, then excused himself to fix his FiOS box. He said all the channels were blocked due to the parental controls. I offered to help, but he declined. Later he came out and said CS told him to unplug the box. I suggested going to the parental control settings in the menu. He gave me a blank look, then went away again.

Later, after we got home, my daughter received a text from her friend. Her Dad wanted to thank me for providing the solution.

Apparently, neither the Dad nor FiOS CS thought about the most sensible solution.

Doug

#11,196 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k /forum/post/17734480

I have a 6416 DVR with 1.7 firmware. I rebooted as instructed above but still do not have a caller id item in my settings menu anywhere. Is the 6416 supposed to have caller id? do I need to plug in a phone line?

You have to have FiOS phone (part of the triple-play.) But you don't have to plug the phone into the DVR.

#11,197 ·
The boxes don't provide caller ID yet, my installer said it's coming next year. And you won't need a phone line in the box if you do it. As long as you have TV and phone with them, you'll be set.

Also, anyone think the Motorola boxes are a touch overscanned and anyone have a solution?

#11,198 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Vidonic /forum/post/17741818

The boxes don't provide caller ID yet, my installer said it's coming next year. And you won't need a phone line in the box if you do it. As long as you have TV and phone with them, you'll be set.

Also, anyone think the Motorola boxes are a touch overscanned and anyone have a solution?

Depends upon the area. Boston already has it.

#11,199 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL3HD /forum/post/17734361

So after rebooting I have caller ID. I had to enable it. Supposedly it takes about 24 hours to engage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Vidonic /forum/post/17741818

CID is working fine.