nope! All recordings on the current DVR will be gone.
One of SEVERAL reasons I will not upgrade, at least at this time
On or after 8/1/2014, certain FiOS TV channels will be moved as described below. Programming content on these channels will remain the same.
• FXX SD and HD moves from channels 84 (SD)/584 (HD) to channels 191 (SD)/691 (HD)
• OWN SD moves from channel 161 to channel 145
• Discovery Fit & Health SD moves from channel 163 to channel 161
• Cooking Channel SD and HD moves from channels 166 (SD)/667 (HD) to channels 163 (SD)/663 (HD)
• Fox Sports 2 SD moves from channel 198 to channel 84
• pivot SD moves from channel 287 to channel 192
• Outdoor Channel HD moves from channel 591 to channel 807
• Tennis Channel HD moves from channel 592 to channel 803
• Universal Sports Network HD moves from channel 596 to channel 804
• World Fishing Network HD moves from channel 597 to channel 817
• bein Sports HD moves from channel 598 to channel 805
• Willow HD moves from channel 1007 to channel 806
To answer your questions:
* FXX was in the Sports range; however, it's not a sports channel, so it's moving to the Comedy range, which better suits its programming.
* OWN is moving into the Women range, which better suits its programming.
* Discovery Fit & Health is moving so that Food Network and Cooking Channel are next to each other
* Fox Sports 2 is moving so that it's next to Fox Sports 1
* Pivot SD is moving to match its HD channel number and also because it's no longer a religious channel. It's moving to the Pop Culture range, which better suits its programming.
* Outdoor, Tennis, Universal Sports, WFN, bein and Willow are moving to the Premium Sports range (they were previously in the regular Sports range), to match with their SD channel numbers.
Generally, the HD numbers are supposed to be +500 to their SD number and vice versa.
You can see the ranges and current channel numbers here (and how many of the above channels aren't where they're supposed to be): http://www.tvchannellists.com/List_of_Verizon_FiOS_Channels
Additional changes to come: