post #18211 of 18220 Old 07-04-2014, 05:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by 9179mhb 

Does exporting programs saved on the DVR to the cloud then importing them to the VMS1100 work?

The series manager? Yes
Actual recorded shows? No
No, the cloud IMPORT of series of exported series is broken and known as an issues with no current work around per Verizon tech support as of July 3 2014. I found out the hard way last night upgrading to Quantum . I am not happy about this because I had years of save programming being one of the first fios customers in the 2nd test market of Tampa Palms in the mid 2000's. I confirmed 5 times with Verizon before putting the Tigger on the upgrade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18212 of 18220 Old 07-05-2014, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim2k View Post
No, the cloud IMPORT of series of exported series is broken and known as an issues with no current work around per Verizon tech support as of July 3 2014. I found out the hard way last night upgrading to Quantum . I am not happy about this because I had years of save programming being one of the first fios customers in the 2nd test market of Tampa Palms in the mid 2000's. I confirmed 5 times with Verizon before putting the Tigger on the upgrade.
You're not talking about the actual recordings, correct? Because that has never been an option. As for the scheduled series data, that's working just fine. I tried it 20 minutes ago with no issues.
post #18213 of 18220 Old 07-11-2014, 05:16 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm in VHO4, currently using the Moto 500 GB DVR with eSATA 2 TB external HDD. We have managed to fill the internal and external storage, but we don't watch all the content. Like a previous poster, they are full so that we always have a variety of things to watch.

Currently paying $240 after taxes because I'm out of contract. We have the middle level TV tier, 25/25 Internet (or whatever the tier is, my speeds are 30/30ish), phone, 1 HD DVR, 2 HD STBs, and a grandfathered movies package that they no longer offer (everything except FLIX).

Comcast man came a knocking on my door Saturday trying to get me to switch to their new X1 platform. I believe the VMS system is available in VHO4 too.

Thing is, I just had a baby and I just have no time to spend researching and weighing my options. I'd really prefer not to switch to Comcast, but possibly upgrade to the VMS thing depending on cost. We changed to FiOS TV many years ago as soon as it became available because Comcast had very few HD channels and their internet was hit or miss. We've had rock solid service from Verizon, but I understand things have changed. There are upsides and downsides to either service.

What I do know about Comcast that I like is their online Netflix-ish type vault of shows. I currently do not subscribe to Netflix, but I have HuluPlus and Amazon Prime. I don't know if I would really benefit from Comcast's online repository, but the prospect of being able to watch content from the vault or my DVR on the go on my iPad is very appealing. I would probably drop HuluPlus in favor of it. It seems like Verizon is always slower to offer things like this, but maybe that's just my perception (grass is always greener on the other side).

Please school on me what's new and good about FiOS VMS and if you know anything about Comcast and the X1 thing, make some comparisons for me. The comcast thing is appealing more so because TV has become a somewhat lower priority these days (no time for it), and the $100 I will save a month (first year) is higher priority.

And NO, I don't want a tivo.

Last edited by crankerchick; 07-11-2014 at 10:13 AM.
post #18214 of 18220 Old 07-11-2014, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankerchick View Post
And NO, I don't want a tivo.
You should. Everything else is crap in comparison. The only reason to not use a TiVo is satellite, since there are (except for the crippled DirecTiVo) no TiVos on satellite.
post #18215 of 18220 Old 07-11-2014, 03:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggAW View Post
The only reason to not use a TiVo is satellite
Yes theres another reason been thru this 827x already.

Fios has 25 minute replays of every nfl game ondemand which i cant watch with tivo & i dont want 2 boxes.

post #18216 of 18220 Old Yesterday, 05:53 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggAW View Post
You should. Everything else is crap in comparison. The only reason to not use a TiVo is satellite, since there are (except for the crippled DirecTiVo) no TiVos on satellite.
*eye roll*
It's almost like you posted just because I said I don't want a TiVO. How about this? Do you know anything about the VMS service in comparison to Comcast's X1 infinity DVR? Because that's what I'm choosing between.

I got no beef with TiVO. I even read all the posts back and forth about TiVO to see if it ever changes me mind. In this house, however, we prefer to be inferior to the almighty TiVO. Thanks though, for your suggestion.

Last edited by crankerchick; Yesterday at 05:57 AM.
post #18217 of 18220 Old Yesterday, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankerchick View Post
*eye roll*
It's almost like you posted just because I said I don't want a TiVO. How about this? Do you know anything about the VMS service in comparison to Comcast's X1 infinity DVR? Because that's what I'm choosing between.

I got no beef with TiVO. I even read all the posts back and forth about TiVO to see if it ever changes me mind. In this house, however, we prefer to be inferior to the almighty TiVO. Thanks though, for your suggestion.
No. Both of them are far inferior to TiVo. Both MSOs made a huge mistake by not embracing the real thing themselves like RCN, Suddenlink, Grande, GCI, and others, and just building less crappy knock-offs. DirecTV has a pretty good knock-off that's compelling because their own TiVo is completely crippled compared to the Genie. But otherwise, with cable or FIOS, you can have the real thing.
post #18218 of 18220 Old Today, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
When the first rumors started about the Quantum system there was also a wi-fi enabled set top box in the mix. Are there any plans to actually roll out this option?
post #18219 of 18220 Old Today, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Enough with the TIVO nonsense. You like it, you buy it. If you're satisfied with the FIOS DVR, that's fine too. For me, it records shows and that's what I want it to do. It's not crap, it's what I need.

Technical questions about TIVO? Fine! We are all interested in solving problems, whether we own the specific equipment or not, because maybe one day we will own it. But please don't imply that this is the only solution, because it's not.

Rant ended. Back to FIOS questions.
post #18220 of 18220 Old Today, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeewing View Post
Enough with the TIVO nonsense. You like it, you buy it. If you're satisfied with the FIOS DVR, that's fine too. For me, it records shows and that's what I want it to do. It's not crap, it's what I need.

Technical questions about TIVO? Fine! We are all interested in solving problems, whether we own the specific equipment or not, because maybe one day we will own it. But please don't imply that this is the only solution, because it's not.

Rant ended. Back to FIOS questions.
It's the only good solution on a QAM-based system.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page