AVS Special Member
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ewing Twp, NJ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
- They promised one delivery date when I ordered, yet one week later slipped the delivery date out to when we were going to be out of town.
- Because we would have to return our old equipment in a short period of time (which I couldn't do) I cancelled the order.
- Except that this order didn't get cancelled and it came before I left town - so I tried to install it. Naturally, I ran into problems as it was not authorized (ordered had been cancelled in their authorization database - but not cancelled with the people that shipped the order).
- Their "solution" to this problem was to order a 2nd quantum system and use that authorization for the quantum system that I had.
- That worked to the extent that the box was authorized. However, when I went to use the DVR - THAT was not authorized. They told me that I would have to wait for the newly ordered 2nd Quantum system to arrive (in 2 weeks) before I could have my DVR functionality back.
- The "solution" to that was to pack up the new Quantum system and send it back (using my old DVR to record programs) and re-install the 2nd Quantum system when it arrived.
- I will say that when the 2nd system arrived, almost everything installed (and worked) like a charm, but from beginning to end it took over a month,
- The one problem that I had was with the web-based DVR manager. The system still had my old DVR in it and would naturally attempt to connect to that (it had been returned) and couldn't (erring out). It took another week to get Verizon to finally remove that from their database so the system would hook up to the new one.