15Likes
post #18451 of 18456 Old 01-28-2015, 05:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy31 View Post
Unfortunately no. I'm pretty sure it's like that on all providers though?
That was the one thing TWC had right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetachi View Post
Anyword if they will ever fix the VOD pause issue where if you pause for more then 5 minutes its starts over? Thats my biggest issue with FIOS. I can live with everything else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18452 of 18456 Old 02-28-2015, 06:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Any chance we will ever get fox soccer plus in HD on Verizon FiOS? I'm paying $15 per month extra for this one single channel and we only get it in the worst quality squashed letterbox blurry SD. Now that the Australian rules football season is starting up again I'd love to see it in HD. Optimum cable offers it in HD as part of a much better value sports package but I can't switch due to family preferences.
post #18453 of 18456 Old Yesterday, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Has any one been able to get Verizon to upgrade the Verizon router without paying or signing up for another contact? I think mine is still Wi-Fi g, not even n.
post #18454 of 18456 Old Today, 06:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
hey folks i'm guessing this isn't the right place to post this but if you could direct me to where I should move it I'd appreciate it - here goes:

I switched to FiOS a couple weeks ago due to being extremely happy with the service at my previous residence.

After the first couple days the volume on my Family room TV seems to be extremely glitchy. Here is my setup:

FiOS DVR = Arris VMS1100
AV Receiver = Onkyo TX-NR818
TV = LG LX9500

All connections are via HDMI, and everything is controlled via a Logitech Harmony Ultimate universal remote.

When I turn everything on (regardless of the order - I have switched up the order the devices turn on), I get picture and no sound. On every channel. On recorded shows. On SD and HD channels. But ONLY on this TV. Our other TVs don't seem to be affected by the issue.

This morning I went ahead and connected the Arris directly to the TV bypassing the Onkyo and I got sound. Now I know enough about AV setups that this doesn't really say anything about the cause of the issue (could be with the Onkyo and could be with the Arris).

I was hoping that someone could guide me through troubleshooting the Arris, as I am not about to go out and get another AV Receiver if I don't have to.

Also note that the volume comes and goes. After a while it will return, only to go away. If I turn everything off and then back on again it seems to work, unless it doesn't.

Previously I had DirecTV's HDDVR, and I haven't changed anything with my setup other than the DVRs. Same inputs, same HDMI cables, same everything. This is what makes me think that it has to do with the way that the Arris is setup.

Mancave: UN46D7000, Onkyo 818, Mirage OMD-C1, OMD-5 (2), HSU STF-2, PS3, XBox360, Wii, DirecTV, AppleTV v2

Den: LG 55LX9500, Onkyo 709, Polk RC85i (3), Polk PSW10, DirecTV, AppleTV v3

post #18455 of 18456 Unread Today, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by LansdaleHokie View Post
This morning I went ahead and connected the Arris directly to the TV bypassing the Onkyo and I got sound. Now I know enough about AV setups that this doesn't really say anything about the cause of the issue (could be with the Onkyo and could be with the Arris).

Does the Onkyo pass any other HDMI signals with sound, like a Blu-ray player? If so, it's a setting in the Arris. If not, It's the Onkyo. Unfortunately, Onkyos are known for failing HDMI boards. If it's the receiver, check this thread for repair: Onkyo acknowledges failed units and extending warrranties until 2018

If I'm understanding this properly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LansdaleHokie View Post
After the first couple days the volume on my Family room TV seems to be extremely glitchy. Here is my setup:

It was working and started getting glitchy? If so, it's the Onkyo. That's what they do when they fail.

Last edited by zeus33; Today at 11:27 AM.
post #18456 of 18456 Unread Today, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
Does the Onkyo pass any other HDMI signals with sound, like a Blu-ray player? If so, it's a setting in the Arris. If not, It's the Onkyo. Unfortunately, Onkyos are known for failing HDMI boards. If it's the receiver, check this thread for repair: Onkyo acknowledges failed units and extending warrranties until 2018

If I'm understanding this properly:

It was working and started getting glitchy? If so, it's the Onkyo. That's what they do when they fail.
I have had plenty of Onkyo products and unfortunately i'm familiar with the HDMI board failure process. Suffice it to say that issue is not unique to Onkyo but rather across the industry. I digress......when an HDMI board fails you (usually) see video issues as well but since there are no such issues i'm thinking that this is a handshake issue between the Arris and the Onkyo. There has to be an audio setting on the Arris that, when changed, will solve the problem.

I have another Onkyo receiver in the basement and i'll probably swap them out to see if the issue persists with both and if so that should also point the finger at the Arris.

Mancave: UN46D7000, Onkyo 818, Mirage OMD-C1, OMD-5 (2), HSU STF-2, PS3, XBox360, Wii, DirecTV, AppleTV v2

Den: LG 55LX9500, Onkyo 709, Polk RC85i (3), Polk PSW10, DirecTV, AppleTV v3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page