Verizon FiOS HDTV - Page 635 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 85Likes

post #19021 of 19023 Old 09-17-2016, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehancock View Post
OK, when you say "blocked" you apparently mean that they have not paid the producers extra to license the 3D version.
No. I got in touch with HBO and they confirmed that they were sending it to FIOS (as they were to all other providers).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19022 of 19023 Old Today, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreHD View Post
Maybe it differs from area to area? I live in the Comcast HQ, Philly. Premium channels like HBO, SHO, magazine channels such as NatGeo and Discovery were blazing 1080. The Phillies games on Comcast Sportnet were super sharp. A techie looking with a microscope would find some nitpick I'm sure. But I was beyond satisfied. There would be a channel like FOX, that would broadcast the NFL games in a soft 720-ish resolution, but that was their fault, not Comcast. Football on CBS and NFL Network were 1080.

I'll probably wind up getting another FIOS box, but I suspect that it's a slick cost cutting measure that they thought the customers wouldnt notice. Im gonna get the runaround. It's not just the channels. The On Demand is soft and pixely.
Have you tried to stream whatever you wanted to watch on demand? I currently have Comcast(Bucks County) and their on demand and DVR pic quality is soft too prompting me to download network and cable apps and greatly improved video quality.
post #19023 of 19023 Old Today, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Yes Comcast is different in different areas. In my area Comcast generally looks like crap compared to FiOS. But even so I might be switching to COmcast shortly unless FiOS offers me a generous monthly credit to stay. I've been with FiOS for nine years no and the last few years have seen a few extra fees. But my last two year contract ended last week and then they raised my rates by over six dollars. Most for the Regional Sports network fees which I never watch. Now they are almost $6 a month. For channels I never ever watch. Since it pissed me off so much I'm seriously considering leaving FiOS. Now that Comcast has increased their cap to 1TB, Comcast is a viable option for me. I would only have 35Mb/s upload speeds, but at least I would still have 150Mb/s download speeds and much lower prices for a triple play that I'm paying FiOS now. I'll need to make a decision shortly about it.
Comcast upped their regional sports fee too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming