post #361 of 418 Old 12-16-2011, 01:01 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeewing View Post

A very good episode last night. There was some good character development with Hotch and the boxer was a sympathetic figure, not the usual run of the mill lunatic. Very touching ending with Hotch showing a tear in his eye. I still like this show a lot.

Indeed, it was reminiscent of season 5 as far as quality goes. I haven't been overly impressed this season.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 418 Old 12-16-2011, 05:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeewing View Post

A very good episode last night. There was some good character development with Hotch and the boxer was a sympathetic figure, not the usual run of the mill lunatic. Very touching ending with Hotch showing a tear in his eye. I still like this show a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalist5.1 View Post

Indeed, it was reminiscent of season 5 as far as quality goes. I haven't been overly impressed this season.

I liked the Hotch elements. It's always good to see him being human. However the boxer story was really out there AFAIC, especially the MMA scene in which he wanted to be pulverized all of a sudden in order to see his son in the hospital. What? He was visiting his son multiple times throughout the episode! Ok, maybe he needed to lose psychologically to get in the same place-metaphysically as his son- in order to let him go. That's a stretch.

The dying son story was quite sad, of course.

I enjoy the show but the super confident profiling is such BS! "The UNSUB is obviously a young man in great shape who is showing blood lust". Oh yeah?? They're always coming across similarly violent murder scenes.

There's often little evidence to support what turns out to be their incredibly accurate statements! That always makes me laugh. Also, when people are getting killed left and right, they always have time for some corny playful exchange with Penelope who can dig up info on the fly..as they're asking in what looks like real time. "Penelope, baby doll, my love, how about the underground MMA events in Philadelphia tonight?" She spits back, "Oh they're here, here and here". Let's go!!

XBL: mmjp08 PSN: mikeny1
post #363 of 418 Old 12-16-2011, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Agreed, good episode aside from the fast profiling. Maybe we could swap "Ben" from Person of Interest with Penelope. Won't be anymore Babydoll talk. (is that 1 word or 2?)..

post #364 of 418 Old 01-26-2012, 11:11 AM

Good episode last night. I like the episodes where they don't follow the typical formula. Here, having the intended victim turn the tables and kidnap the person she thought was the unsub was a nice touch.

I think it was intended to be a "we don't know if he's really the unsub" plot. But anyone paying attention to the music could tell that the unsub was lying. He claimed he was playing "Making Love Out of Nothing At All" in the bar, but he was clearly playing "Total Eclipse of the Heart."
post #365 of 418 Old 01-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
I don't want to see the fat girl with cat ears no more.

I did enjoy the Zodiac copycat case.

Obsessive Compulsive disorder can be bad for you.
post #366 of 418 Old 01-26-2012, 12:31 PM

Speaking of the Zodiac case, it struck me as odd that Reid would confide in Prentiss as to his issues or that Prentiss would even approach him. He's always been closer to JJ. But I'm glad that they dealt with that issue this week in stating that Prentiss is overcompensating for her own injuries.
post #367 of 418 Old 01-26-2012, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Good to see Dina Meyer again.
post #368 of 418 Old 01-26-2012, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 75
I just don't know, I don't really like chubby women but Penelope has something I really like, perhaps the way she talks (I could have phone sex with her for hours, she often does that with Morgan)..

I've been burning my eyes watching this show, I watched the whole season 5 and 6 in a few days.. whew, super marathon and I couldn't stop watching..

Glad to see AJ back, also Prentiss..

Still scratching my head about the show's formula, they do the profile, they tell it to the local PD or law office, this is 99% waste of time, they team is the one that always finds the unsub, the local PD rarely does it with profile and all..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #369 of 418 Old 03-15-2012, 05:51 AM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Did anybody watch this last night? It was kinda strange. The broadcast had some type of "audio captioning for the blind" or something going on. I didn't know there was such a thing. Every minute or so a male voice would say something like "Agent X opens the door and walks in", or "Agent Y points the gun at" whatever. I thought I accidentally changed some obscure setting on the TiVo (I was watching the show live). I tried CBS on the Cable feed and OTA, both had the same voice-over going on. I then tried my TV tuner directly and it had the same thing. Anybody else see (hear) this?

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..
post #370 of 418 Old 03-15-2012, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

Did anybody watch this last night? It was kinda strange. The broadcast had some type of "audio captioning for the blind" or something going on. I didn't know there was such a thing. Every minute or so a male voice would say something like "Agent X opens the door and walks in", or "Agent Y points the gun at" whatever. I thought I accidentally changed some obscure setting on the TiVo (I was watching the show live). I tried CBS on the Cable feed and OTA, both had the same voice-over going on. I then tried my TV tuner directly and it had the same thing. Anybody else see (hear) this?

I did not have that issue. FIOS VHO4
post #371 of 418 Old 03-15-2012, 07:51 AM
Thread Ender

Interesting. It might be worthwhile to point out that I was watching this in the bedroom (stereo only, no 5.1 audio) since my wife was watching AI on the bigscreen. The TiVo at the bigscreen was recording Criminal Minds, so I can check tonight to see if the 5.1 audio contained the voice-over here also . . .

They consider THIS
post #372 of 418 Old 03-15-2012, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 22
No such thing here. Did you have some sort of alternate audio turned on?

Perhaps I misremembered.

post #373 of 418 Old 03-15-2012, 08:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This is called DVS, Decriptive Video Service, you probably changed the audio setting on yout tv to SAP. Check out wiki for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descriptive_Video_Service
post #374 of 418 Old 03-15-2012, 09:06 AM
Thread Ender

Quote:
Originally Posted by I WANT MORE View Post

No such thing here. Did you have some sort of alternate audio turned on?

No, that's what's so strange. Again, I was watching in the bedroom (stereo sound only). I was watching "live" but tuning through a TiVo Premier, and had just finished watching Survivor, where the sound was normal. During Criminal Minds I kept hearing something strange, a male voice at a somewhat reduced volume level. I began to pay closer attention to it and realized the voice was describing the visuals. I had been watching OTA, so I tuned to the HD cable equivalent.. same thing (as expected). I quickly checked TiVo settings during a commercial and found nothing unusual. After continuing to hear this I switched to the TV's OTA input and heard the same male voice there, discounting the possibility that it was a TiVo audio setting. I was assuming at that time that it was a netwok issue, but maybe it was just my local station. Or maybe it only affected the stereo sound, and everyone else here on the forum was watching with 5.1 audio. I will check on the other TiVo (that was recording the show) to see if 5.1 audio had the same voice, at least in my location . . .

They consider THIS
post #375 of 418 Old 03-15-2012, 02:53 PM
Thread Ender

This "DVS" voice is on the the TiVo'd (a different Tivo) recording of this episode as well, and the voice is present on both the 5.1 and the stereo audio tracks. At about 12 minutes into the recording there is an easy-to-find segment where the "voice" speaks several consecutive sentences, talking about the brunette woman carrying a potted plant to the garbage receptacle. If anyone else has this on DVR I'd be curious to know if this was just a local issue in my area . . .

They consider THIS
post #376 of 418 Old 04-06-2012, 06:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 24
worst episode that i could ever remember
post #377 of 418 Old 04-06-2012, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm145 View Post

worst episode that i could ever remember

I dozed through it.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #378 of 418 Old 04-06-2012, 10:21 AM

Liked: 11
It can't be easy to keep coming up with fresh stories for a show that's been on this long. These later seasons are nothing compared to the early seasons.

John
post #379 of 418 Old 04-06-2012, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc5810 View Post

It can't be easy to keep coming up with fresh stories for a show that's been on this long. These later seasons are nothing compared to the early seasons.

Agreed. There's no tension. Nothing between the characters.
post #380 of 418 Old 05-17-2012, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Watched the season finale...

So Emily is gone again? mmm it seems Paget can't keep this job much.. I haven't seen any notes of contract renewing by any of the cast members yet..

AJ Cook looked stunning at the end..

Episode had it's ups and down, on the upside the action packed Tricia Helfer bits and all the bank stuff, the downside too much filler on the team's lives, like it was 20 mins to go and the case was closed and I kinda knew where this was going.. saying goodbyes to Emily and the JJ wedding..

post #381 of 418 Old 05-17-2012, 09:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Good episode, I do concur, too much filler... The two fights we're very good, and Tricia Helfer was terriffic, and as always, very hot..
post #382 of 418 Old 05-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post

Agreed, good episode aside from the fast profiling. Maybe we could swap "Ben" from Person of Interest with Penelope. Won't be anymore Babydoll talk. (is that 1 word or 2?)..

I enjoy the show but the Babydoll talk is annoying.
post #383 of 418 Old 05-18-2012, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 50
What was the sense in bringing Prentiss back, only to have her leave again?

Was it just to give the other characters closure or did they hit another contract snag?
post #384 of 418 Old 05-18-2012, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

What was the sense in bringing Prentiss back, only to have her leave again?

Was it just to give the other characters closure or did they hit another contract snag?

Prentess should have stay dead.
post #385 of 418 Old 05-21-2012, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Bring back Lola Glaudini IMO..... she's snooping around in CBS, was on a Person of Interest episode, but I don't know what will be her character excuse of coming back, she just quit the team.... but there's a vacancy now...

post #386 of 418 Old 05-21-2012, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wanderer View Post

Prentess should have stay dead.

The first time, they fired her and JJ. The audience didn't respond to Rachel Nichols, so they brought them both back. This time, the Prentiss actress wanted to leave to do other things...meh...she's beautiful, but not much of an actress.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #387 of 418 Old 06-13-2012, 08:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 164
From the "Hot Off The Press" Thread (top of 'HDTV Programming' page) smile.gif

TV Notes
Jeanne Tripplehorn Joins CBS’ ‘Criminal Minds’ As New Regular
By Nellie Andreeva, Deadline.com - Jun. 13, 2012

Jeanne Tripplehorn is set to join the cast of veteran CBS procedural Criminal Minds as a new regular next season. I hear her deal is for one year with an option for a second. Additionally, Tripplehorn has closed a deal with CBS and CBS TV Studios to develop a comedy project for her on an if-come basis. Coming off her five-year co-starring turn on the HBO drama Big Love, Tripplehorn tested the comedy series waters this past season with an arc on Fox’s New Girl.

On the ABC Studios/CBS TV Studios-produced Criminal Minds, Tripplehorn will play a new FBI profiler, with details about the character still being fleshed out by executive producer/showrunner Erica Messer. “We’re thrilled to have Jeanne Tripplehorn join our team as a profiler,” Messer said, adding that Tripplehorn’s character will be introduced in the season premiere. “It’s an exciting way to start season 8.”

On Criminal Minds, where I hear Tripplehorn will be pulling in a six-figure salary per episode, she will fill the void left by the departure of veteran Paget Brewster. Tripplehorn is the latest big-name actor added to a veteran CBS crime drama, following the castings of Laurence Fishburne, Ted Danson and Elisabeth Shue on CSI and Sela Ward on CSI: NY. Tripplehorn, repped by Gersh and Brillstein Entertainment, recently starred in the Lifetime anthology movie Five. Her previous TV movie role in HBO’s Grey Gardens earned her an Emmy nomination.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/jeanne-tripplehorn-joins-cbs-criminal-minds-as-new-regular/
post #388 of 418 Old 06-14-2012, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mmm by her age I'm guessing Rossi's next love interest..

post #389 of 418 Old 12-06-2012, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 50
For introducing a new threat to the team with this mystery person that appears to be stalking them, they sure are taking their sweet time getting to it.

So far they've only hinted at this person in the opening episode and then last week's. I guess they are going to wait until the season finale to ramp it up and then make it a focal point of next season at this rate.
post #390 of 418 Old 12-06-2012, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

So this "stalker" could be the same one stalking Reid's new girlfriend also?

Well he was very paranoid the last scene that pevented him to meet her, well at least we know how she looks like now... (perfect match IMO)

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page