Criminal Minds on CBS - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 418 Old 09-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I believe this show is one of the best shows on TV right now! All very good characters with equal time... this means allot (unlike CSI).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 418 Old 09-25-2008, 06:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 333
I forgot about this. I felt a bit cheated that they didn't kill anyone. It reminded me of those old black and white Saturday morning serials when they would show a cliffhanger, only to change it slightly in the next chapter.

I thought the ending was a bit cheesy as well with the burning ambulance and then Morgan rising into frame like he's in a Michael Bay movie.

I liked the rest of it though. A lot more exciting and a nice change from the usual carnage and deviancy that seems to be lurking around every corner.

post #183 of 418 Old 09-25-2008, 07:13 PM

I'm with you VisionOn, how many series premiers does that make this week that none of the regulars didn't bite the dust???
post #184 of 418 Old 09-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

I forgot about this. I felt a bit cheated that they didn't kill anyone. It reminded me of those old black and white Saturday morning serials when they would show a cliffhanger, only to change it slightly in the next chapter.

They killed the blond agent from NY that Hotchner had the hots for.
post #185 of 418 Old 09-25-2008, 08:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleAl View Post

They killed the blond agent from NY that Hotchner had the hots for.

Yeah but nobody cared about her!

post #186 of 418 Old 09-25-2008, 08:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdnuwndr View Post

I'm with you VisionOn, how many series premiers does that make this week that none of the regulars didn't bite the dust???

Only ER did far as I know.

Regarding Criminal Minds I think it would of been too much if there was another cast change at least this soon.
post #187 of 418 Old 09-26-2008, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoon View Post

Only ER did far as I know.

Regarding Criminal Minds I think it would of been too much if there was another cast change at least this soon.

Probably agree but then why insult the audience by making it seem as if someone significant died (rhetorical question, I know)? I mean, if you were TOLD "someone got it" then you'd KNOW it was one of the non-regulars.

Given that, I thought the script had a nice twist. The fact that the bomb seemed to have been detonated just to maim was a very interesting clue. Had I not seen a preview with the paramedic doing some shooting I never would have guessed he was a terrorist. The moment when the agents in the hospital realized what was going on was very well done (sort of made me think of other "deja vu" moments like "Narrow Margin" or "Witness for the Prosecution").
post #188 of 418 Old 09-29-2008, 09:30 AM

I have to complain about the premier. I generally like the show. It's not a great show. But it's usually not a bad show. This past episode was just downright bad.

* A cliffhanger (who's hurt?) that was resolved with a cop-out answer (no one you care about).

* The unsub was blindingly obvious from the beginning. As soon as the Good Samaritan showed up, it was obvious that he was the bad guy. And why he didn't even attempt kill Morgan in the subway is just beyond belief. He's a terrorist! Act like one.

* The second unsub was also blindingly obvious. Let's see, they cut-off the crime scene from one direction, but not the other. Then they just let some random ambulance come from the other side and take people from the scene?

* The bomb wasn't nearly big enough to do a lot of damage to the hospital. If they were really trying to hurt a Mysterious Important Patient in the hospital, the bomb would have to be humongous. This was just a car bomb.

* The most glaring error of all. Garcia jams the cell phone towers so that the unsub can't set off the bomb. Then she guides Morgan to a clear area where he can detonate the bomb. So how does she talk to Morgan? By cell phone!
post #189 of 418 Old 11-12-2008, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I think Reid should stay in the office..He is so out of place in the field.. He even holds his gun holster the wrong way, like a little kid..

post #190 of 418 Old 11-14-2008, 09:50 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post

I think Reid should stay in the office..He is so out of place in the field.. He even holds his gun holster the wrong way, like a little kid..

I agree, I also noticed he carries a wheelgun (revolver) which is usually what inexperienced policemen use until qualified on an automatic. I think he only carries because he is required too.
post #191 of 418 Old 11-14-2008, 10:26 AM

The biggest reasons for carrying an auto are magazine capacity and less muzzle jump if you want a big bore. Revolvers are very reliable. They are far less likely to jam or fail. If you are not going to use your sidearm very often, then you don't necessarily need an auto. I think Reid would be very happy if he never had to fire his weapon.
post #192 of 418 Old 11-14-2008, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

give him a cap gun..

post #193 of 418 Old 11-14-2008, 11:08 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by therocks View Post

The biggest reasons for carrying an auto are magazine capacity and less muzzle jump if you want a big bore. Revolvers are very reliable. They are far less likely to jam or fail. If you are not going to use your sidearm very often, then you don't necessarily need an auto. I think Reid would be very happy if he never had to fire his weapon.

My guess would be, given that Reid is an extremely logical person, is why he uses a revolver, the instances of jamming/misfire are next to nil, it would make the most sense to him.
post #194 of 418 Old 11-14-2008, 04:52 PM

That may be all well and good, but most large agencies require *everyone* to carry the same service weapon, if for nothing else than it's easier to purchase one type and only one type of ammo for the entire agency (excluding swat/tactical/specialty). One of the other reasons is in an extended firefight (think Bank of America hold-up in L.A. several years back), field officers may need to borrow ammo from fellow officers if they've depleted their own supply, or if they have to cover another injured officer. Doesn't do any good when two officers side by side have different weapons, different loading mechanisms, and different ammo. Not to mention having to use someone else's weapon in a firefight--you want all officers to be equally trained on the same weapon.

Although I agree Reid would logically choose the revolver, no way it would ever be approved as his primary weapon for field use.

-Matt
post #195 of 418 Old 11-14-2008, 06:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylan View Post

I agree, I also noticed he carries a wheelgun (revolver) which is usually what inexperienced policemen use until qualified on an automatic. I think he only carries because he is required too.

I'm pretty sure Reid and his ability with a weapon was addressed in the first season episode "L.D.S.K." and something about profilers not being required to carry a gun.

I distinctly remember a scene where he kills someone for the first time to save another team member but he is unsure if he can make the shot.

My DVR was getting too full so I've had to sacrifice Criminal Minds to the Rerun Gods. I'll catch up then.

post #196 of 418 Old 11-20-2008, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

anyone catch last nites episode? Jason Alexander was brilliant as a crazy killer playing mind games with the BAU.

post #197 of 418 Old 11-20-2008, 10:53 AM

Aside from the season premier, this season has been pretty good. I like that they're going away from the standard model of the serial killer who strikes every day whenever BAU gets the location. But I'm also watching season 1 reruns from A&E. I liked the person Prentiss replaced (Elle) better than Prentiss, who seems to be kind of generic. Definitely like Rossi better than Gideon, though.

PS, I agree that Alexander was good in his role and it was a good episode.
post #198 of 418 Old 11-20-2008, 10:53 AM

I thought his performance could have been the worst I have ever seen on television. Totally miscast in that roll, It ruined what was a cool episode. Both my wife and I thought he was brutal.
post #199 of 418 Old 11-20-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMAS View Post

I thought his performance could have been the worst I have ever seen on television. Totally miscast in that roll, It ruined what was a cool episode. Both my wife and I thought he was brutal.

He was over the top. But he was supposed to be over the top.
post #200 of 418 Old 11-20-2008, 02:27 PM
AVS Club Gold

I thought Alexander was very good as well, it's a side of his craft I've never seen before.
post #201 of 418 Old 11-20-2008, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Unfortunately, I couldn't get the image of "George in a bad wig" out of my mind.

Coooo-Stan-ZA!!!
post #202 of 418 Old 11-20-2008, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
The way Jason was talking and his mannerisms seemed very familiar to me. It took me several hours to figure it out.

Jason Alexander was channeling Kiefer Sutherland from the movie "Dark City" not that there's anything wrong with that.
post #203 of 418 Old 05-20-2009, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Ok, really great ep...but that ENDING?!?! WTF? Are we really supposed to know who that is in the mask?

I hope that's not really the end for Hotch...he's my favorite character on the show.

I'm no expert....so your mileage may vary
XboxLiveID: archie68
post #204 of 418 Old 05-20-2009, 10:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteki View Post

Ok, really great ep...but that ENDING?!?! WTF? Are we really supposed to know who that is in the mask?

I think it was C. Thomas Howell the actor. IIRC, remember he played a serial murderer unsub that they got locked up a while back and he escaped vowing to come after the BAU team. Or something like that. But I may be wrong.
post #205 of 418 Old 05-21-2009, 12:04 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldorfSalad View Post

I think it was C. Thomas Howell the actor. IIRC, remember he played a serial murderer unsub that they got locked up a while back and he escaped vowing to come after the BAU team. Or something like that. But I may be wrong.

I think you're right, I caught his name in the opening credits as well. He's the guy who had the team thinking he was a survivor of a serial killer attack when in reality he was the killer. I didn't get the part about "taking the deal" though?

Another fine performance by Garret Dillahunt, the actor of 1000 characters.
post #206 of 418 Old 05-21-2009, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Excellent ending to one of my favorite shows.. Didn't portray the Canadian police in such a good way.. Somebody leaving a shotgun unattended, SWAT team open firing on the brother in the bunker..

post #207 of 418 Old 05-21-2009, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Another fine performance by Garret Dillahunt, the actor of 1000 characters.

Was that the quadraplegic guy? I remembered him as one of the gay co-owners of the diner in A Minute With Stan Hooper (Norm MacDonald).
post #208 of 418 Old 05-21-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteki View Post

I hope that's not really the end for Hotch...he's my favorite character on the show.

He was the serial killer some years back who made a deal with the officer on his trail to stop tracking him in exchange for stopping the killings. On that officers death bed he exposed his secret to Hotchner. Once the officer died, the serial killings began again.

In the process of tracking him down, the killer made the same offer to Hotchner to stop the killings in exchange for the manhunt to stop. Hotchner turned him down. The killer immediately boarded a bus after the call and killed all the passengers. They finally figured out the killer was one of the supposed early victims. But by the time they figured it out he was gone.

Hence the "You should have taken the deal." ending.
post #209 of 418 Old 05-21-2009, 12:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldorfSalad View Post

Was that the quadraplegic guy? I remembered him as one of the gay co-owners of the diner in A Minute With Stan Hooper (Norm MacDonald).

Yes, that was him, he's been in so many roles playing such diverse characters, just in the last year, that I'll bet many folks don't even realize it's the same actor.
post #210 of 418 Old 05-21-2009, 12:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrn23 View Post

He was the serial killer some years back who made a deal with the officer on his trail to stop tracking him in exchange for stopping the killings. On that officers death bed he exposed his secret to Hotchner. Once the officer died, the serial killings began again.

In the process of tracking him down, the killer made the same offer to Hotchner to stop the killings in exchange for the manhunt to stop. Hotchner turned him down. The killer immediately boarded a bus after the call and killed all the passengers. They finally figured out the killer was one of the supposed early victims. But by the time they figured it out he was gone.

Hence the "You should have taken the deal." ending.

Thanks, "the deal" now makes sense to me.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page