post #301 of 635 Old 02-21-2007, 07:17 AM
Oxb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by durl View Post

My wife even commented on that last night. But perhaps (and it's a big perhaps) they arrived at a murder scene, brought in 4 people for questioning, performed autopsies on 2 people, tested and re-tested blood samples, called in the daughter of a deceased woman, got an exhumation order, exhumed a body and performed tests, had a chase with a kid on a motorcycle, made an arrest in a different case, made multiple trips to the crime scene...all before the sun went down.

Did anybody notice that several other characters had "H" lines in this episode? Oh, and Horatio had a new exit working for him last night: the walk-backwards-out-of-the-shot move.

They would have to do all of that in only an hour or so

Have you noticed that the sun is always low in the sky (Giving them that golden hour illumination) in most of the scenes, whether they are indoors or outside.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 635 Old 02-21-2007, 10:55 AM

I have a soft spot for Miami, as the first CSI I've seen, and the first show I've ever seen in HD. I've fallen a bit behind of late, have to grab some DVDs to catch up. Besides, I've started imitating Horatio's trademark moves to the amusement of the others in my office. It's also handy that there aren't many different ones for me to memorize
post #303 of 635 Old 02-22-2007, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3193 View Post

Watched CSI Miami tonight for the first time. It was mildly entertaining, but I could not stand the excessive chroma.

Snip.

The production design and lighting had done a great job, but their work had been masked by a clumsy hand on the chroma control.

Don't worry. After a couple of.... episodes... laughing at H and the gang,...
you wont even notice, will you?

Speaking of noticing things, how come no one ever mentions the show's attitude of "guilty until proven innocent"? And after they discover the person is innocent, not once do they go back and apologize!

They seem to believe it's easier to accuse everyone in the hopes that the guilty person will just cave. They resort to actually doing some work only if that fails.

All three CSI's are GUILTY of this.

Oh, and did anyone notice that at the beginning of this weeks episode the 28 year old baby sitter opened the front door only to find her dad bleeding and collapsing to the entrance way floor, but later he died outside in the back yard?
I realize they often show different versions depending on who's telling the story, but the beginning is always where they show what really happened as it's not being told by a suspect.
post #304 of 635 Old 02-22-2007, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post

Oh, and did anyone notice that at the beginning of this weeks episode the 28 year old baby sitter opened the front door only to find her dad bleeding and collapsing to the entrance way floor, but later he died outside in the back yard?

Likely a typo, but Leighton Meester is only 20, turning 21 in April.
post #305 of 635 Old 02-22-2007, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:

I realize they often show different versions depending on who's telling the story, but the beginning is always where they show what really happened as it's not being told by a suspect.

The dad died inside and the mom died outside in the backyard.
post #306 of 635 Old 02-27-2007, 07:47 AM

Something was wrong with last night's episode.
Horatio didn't pull his gun or shoot anybody, is he getting soft in his old age ?

Walt

Growing OLD is mandatory, growing UP is optional.
post #307 of 635 Old 02-27-2007, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampaw View Post

Horatio didn't pull his gun or shoot anybody, is he getting soft in his old age ?

I don't know about that, but the interaction between H and the 'stripper' was a bit creepy ...
post #308 of 635 Old 02-27-2007, 10:47 AM

I think all of H's interactions are a bit creepy....
post #309 of 635 Old 02-27-2007, 11:06 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 50
Despite all the criticism, CSI: Miami continues to dominate the time period.

In last night's fast national overnights it earned just about the same number of viewers (17.235 million) as the ABC and NBC shows combined (17.272 million).

People may be watching it for a variety of reasons (and spotting bad acting could well be a major one!) but they are watching it.
post #310 of 635 Old 02-27-2007, 05:42 PM

Jim Carrey does Caruso
post #311 of 635 Old 02-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Speaking of noticing things, how come no one ever mentions the show's attitude of "guilty until proven innocent"?

IANAL (but my father is), but last time I had jury duty, the judge told us that presumption of innocence doesn't begin until until the trial begins, not before. Otherwise, how could the police ever arrest anyone?
post #312 of 635 Old 02-28-2007, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Suspecting someone, and accusing them of murder just because you don't like them are not the same thing.

Anyway, how did those guys get bear bait inside their jackets? If it was from the hunter putting it on the trees (transfer to their jackets) then thats just stupid. This would have happened before. Did they ever offer another explaination?
post #313 of 635 Old 02-28-2007, 10:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVChallenged View Post

I don't know about that, but the interaction between H and the 'stripper' was a bit creepy ...

Come on, you know H can't resist the latina hotties
post #314 of 635 Old 04-17-2007, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I liked how Delko reached out to the women, very thoughtfull.
The end, with the other women getting high and shaving her head was odd. It just seemed like the britney spears decision about her hair.
post #315 of 635 Old 04-21-2007, 10:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Just curious if anyone else noticed that Delko's right ear is see through.....

At around the 31 minute mark Delko is talking to H in the lab....and the lighting behind Delko was SO ODD that his right ear was translucent!!! Either the lighting has never highlighted anyone's ear that much or I just NEVER noticed it until this episode....damn funny!
post #316 of 635 Old 09-23-2007, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Tomorrow is the season premier. The episode is number 122 and titled "Dangerous Son"
post #317 of 635 Old 09-24-2007, 04:05 PM

MAybe they'll kill off H and get someone who isn't so melodramatic to play the lead. Eh, that's too easy. I'll watch anyway.

will work for sushi
post #318 of 635 Old 09-24-2007, 04:15 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kil4Thril View Post

MAybe they'll kill off H and get someone who isn't so melodramatic to play the lead. Eh, that's too easy. I'll watch anyway.

That would take all the comedy out of the show, then it wouldn't fit with the preceeding 2 hrs of CBS comedies on Monday night.
post #319 of 635 Old 09-24-2007, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

That would take all the comedy out of the show, then it wouldn't fit with the preceeding 2 hrs of CBS comedies on Monday night.

//takes off sunglasses
"Here's what I want you to do, Keenan. I want you to watch my show. Can you do that for me?"

will work for sushi
post #320 of 635 Old 09-24-2007, 08:20 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kil4Thril View Post

//takes off sunglasses
"Here's what I want you to do, Keenan. I want you to watch my show. Can you do that for me?"

post #321 of 635 Old 09-25-2007, 12:50 PM

What was everyone's impression of the new season? A lot of changes have been (some of them are carry overs from the very end of last season) and all of them are bad.

(1) Replacing Frank with Jake as the detective. Bad idea - Frank just doesn't look right in a patrolman's uniform and the Jake character really has nothing to add to the show that I can tell. I realize that Frank actually moved up in rank, but this will probably lead him to only introducing and alerting Horatio of new crime scenes.

(2) Delco becoming obsessively jealous over Calleigh. This is a carry over from last year but it is still a bad idea.

(3) Keeping Ryan on suspension. Again, a carryover from last year, but it is hard to see this plot line going in a desirable direction. Is the Jake character going to be a de facto replacement for both Frank and Ryan?

(4) Yellina as a private detective. This isn't that big of deal, but it does seem sort of a useless role.

(5) Introducing Horatio's son. Nothing good can come of this.

Any idea if the actors that play Frank, Ryan and Yellina asked for more of a part time role?
post #322 of 635 Old 09-25-2007, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAtlanta View Post

What was everyone's impression of the new season? A lot of changes have been (some of them are carry overs from the very end of last season) and all of them are bad.

(1) Replacing Frank with Jake as the detective. Bad idea - Frank just doesn't look right in a patrolman's uniform and the Jake character really has nothing to add to the show that I can tell. I realize that Frank actually moved up in rank, but this will probably lead him to only introducing and alerting Horatio of new crime scenes.

I am pretty sure in cop land wearing a uniform is always a demotion after being in plain clothes no matter how you spin it. Plus, really don't like Jake as a main character on the show, think he has been used too much as a guest star.

Quote:

(2) Delco becoming obsessively jealous over Calleigh. This is a carry over from last year but it is still a bad idea.

Typical CSI type thing to make you think something is there between two characters but don't actually let you know whats behind it.

Quote:

(3) Keeping Ryan on suspension. Again, a carryover from last year, but it is hard to see this plot line going in a desirable direction. Is the Jake character going to be a de facto replacement for both Frank and Ryan?

Sure seems like they are trying to write him out of the show, but if they were going to do that they would have done it already, I suspect something is going to happen that will redeem him and he will be back in the fold.

Quote:

(4) Yellina as a private detective. This isn't that big of deal, but it does seem sort of a useless role.

I like her character but agree, not sure what this role does to add to the show.

Quote:

(5) Introducing Horatio's son. Nothing good can come of this.

Any idea if the actors that play Frank, Ryan and Yellina asked for more of a part time role?

Poor kid, he's a goner for sure, anyone directly related to H always dies
post #323 of 635 Old 09-25-2007, 02:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 553
I can't complain much about the plotting of the new season. It was silly before so the most recent changes can't possibly make it any sillier. Still, I watch it because the preposterous lines David Caruso's has to read and his actorish posturing tickle me to death. Being able to enjoy the show's glorious cinematography and its inherent silliness are enough for me. Bring it on!

To end on a serious note, I can't think of another TV show that is as beautiful to look at.
post #324 of 635 Old 09-25-2007, 02:34 PM
AVS Club Gold

That's pretty much why I watch the show as well, to see how ridiculous Caruso can get, but especially for the images and they way they present them, this show has some of the very best HD PQ available.
post #325 of 635 Old 09-25-2007, 02:39 PM

Quote:

That's pretty much why I watch the show as well, to see how ridiculous Caruso can get, but especially for the images and they way they present them, this show has some of the very best HD PQ available.

Remember too, this is the most popular TV show in the world (at least it was last season)!

Cheers!
Bryan

If you are interested in Model Railroading check my web site; Alligator Lines!
post #326 of 635 Old 09-25-2007, 02:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 553
Quote:

Not to give Caruso too much credit, I think that the perfectly awful Emily Procter, as Calleigh, is just as much fun. To see a beautiful but untalented actress-of-a-certain-age with a can't-cut-it-with-a-knife North Carolina accent trying to portray a smart, serious, senior CSI investigator is almost as much fun as watching Caruso chew on the scenery.
post #327 of 635 Old 09-25-2007, 03:16 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDCat View Post

Remember too, this is the most popular TV show in the world (at least it was last season)!

Probably still is, AIUI, Caruso is one of the most popular actors in the world, at least internationally.
post #328 of 635 Old 09-25-2007, 03:21 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Not to give Caruso too much credit, I think that the perfectly awful Emily Procter, as Calleigh, is just as much fun. To see a beautiful but untalented actress-of-a-certain-age with a can't-cut-it-with-a-knife North Carolina accent trying to portray a smart, serious, senior CSI investigator is almost as much fun as watching Caruso chew on the scenery.

True, I really get a kick out of the 3" heels, the almost exposed breasts, and the beautiful, long flowing hair as they lean over a body to collect samples.

The characters in this show are practically cartoonish, but that actually makes for a better show, depending on your POV. The only thing that would be lost if this show were done as a comic book would be the HD imagery.
post #329 of 635 Old 09-25-2007, 04:20 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:

Not to give Caruso too much credit, I think that the perfectly awful Emily Procter, as Calleigh, is just as much fun. To see a beautiful but untalented actress-of-a-certain-age with a can’t-cut-it-with-a-knife North Carolina accent trying to portray a smart, serious, senior CSI investigator is almost as much fun as watching Caruso chew on the scenery.

Am I alone in thinking that, with each passing episode, the HD picture becomes less and less flattering to Ms. Procter?
post #330 of 635 Old 09-25-2007, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto Carlo View Post

Am I alone in thinking that, with each passing episode, the HD picture becomes less and less flattering to Ms. Procter?

Thing is, look at some of the (likely retouched) magazine articles with Emily Proctor. Positively gorgeous pictures. Oh, I think CSI:NY is just as beautiful, but the cinematography gives it a grittiness that I actually feel works for being New York City. It just works.

I also do NOT like the character of Jake, I just don't care for him. He's almost as slimey as the Eckeley dude from Vegas, but in a more subdued way. It may make for a good show, I just hope it doesn't take away from Frank's screentime- I like the guy.

will work for sushi
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page