Originally Posted by JeffAtlanta
What was everyone's impression of the new season? A lot of changes have been (some of them are carry overs from the very end of last season) and all of them are bad.
(1) Replacing Frank with Jake as the detective. Bad idea - Frank just doesn't look right in a patrolman's uniform and the Jake character really has nothing to add to the show that I can tell. I realize that Frank actually moved up in rank, but this will probably lead him to only introducing and alerting Horatio of new crime scenes.
I am pretty sure in cop land wearing a uniform is always a demotion after being in plain clothes no matter how you spin it.
Plus, really don't like Jake as a main character on the show, think he has been used too much as a guest star.
(2) Delco becoming obsessively jealous over Calleigh. This is a carry over from last year but it is still a bad idea.
Typical CSI type thing to make you think something is there between two characters but don't actually let you know whats behind it.
(3) Keeping Ryan on suspension. Again, a carryover from last year, but it is hard to see this plot line going in a desirable direction. Is the Jake character going to be a de facto replacement for both Frank and Ryan?
Sure seems like they are trying to write him out of the show, but if they were going to do that they would have done it already, I suspect something is going to happen that will redeem him and he will be back in the fold.
(4) Yellina as a private detective. This isn't that big of deal, but it does seem sort of a useless role.
I like her character but agree, not sure what this role does to add to the show.
(5) Introducing Horatio's son. Nothing good can come of this.
Any idea if the actors that play Frank, Ryan and Yellina asked for more of a part time role?
Poor kid, he's a goner for sure, anyone directly related to H always dies