Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 635 Old 05-16-2012, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

Of all the CSI series this was the only one I didn't watch. I tried early on but just didn't care for the odd color scheme they used as well as the main detective. If one of the series had to go I'm glad it was this one, was kind of worried about NY but it sounds like it's got the go ahead for now

100% with you! I could not STAND Caruso's acting (acting?) and gave up on it after 1-1/2 seasons. I've watched CSI & CSI:NY religiously but never could get past the glam and sunglasses of Miami!

Well, Here's my Sig!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 635 Old 05-16-2012, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober22 View Post

100% with you! I could not STAND Caruso's acting (acting?) and gave up on it after 1-1/2 seasons. I've watched CSI & CSI:NY religiously but never could get past the glam and sunglasses of Miami!

I think the cheesy acting was actually deliberate and tongue in cheek with CSI:Miami. I will miss CSI:Miami because from an HD perspective it was one of the best looking shows on the air and certainly the best of the CSI shows. Both CSI:NY and CSI are shot with less lighting, whereas CSI:Miami had a much brighter, color-intensive look. Almost surreal, just like Caruso's acting.
post #633 of 635 Old 05-17-2012, 05:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by carltonrice View Post

I think the cheesy acting was actually deliberate and tongue in cheek with CSI:Miami. I will miss CSI:Miami because from an HD perspective it was one of the best looking shows on the air and certainly the best of the CSI shows. Both CSI:NY and CSI are shot with less lighting, whereas CSI:Miami had a much brighter, color-intensive look. Almost surreal, just like Caruso's acting.

+1

And the women on CSI:Miami looked much better in THAT lighting compared to the women on CSI:NY......
post #634 of 635 Old 05-17-2012, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Yeah NCIS should flippin' learn about the HD quality from this show, while CSI Miami looked bright, clear and stunning and NCIS with their typical vaseline in camera lens look..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #635 of 635 Old 05-17-2012, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by carltonrice View Post

In one way I agree and another way not. While I almost always like a well lit program to a darker one(like CSI LV and especially CSI NY) CSI Miami just had too much of a orange hue for my tastes. Some like this effect and I do at times(consider a show like Hart Of Dixie on the CW that is extremely colorful but more yellow than orange) I also like something like Cougar Town(also supposed to take place in FL that is very colorful in general) or even DHW with it's colorful style. Maybe my dislike of CSI Miami lies solely with Caruso but I've always also blamed it on the color scheme.
Regardless the show is gone now only to be seen on repeats. For those that liked Curuso or the orange color scheme all I can say is to each his own, I'm not saying I'm right I just know what I like and dislike One thing I'll give the show, even if I didn't know it was on and I was channel surfing I could always tell within a few seconds it was CSI Miami, can't say that about all shows.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page