Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-19-2005, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
December 19, 2005

I was planning to watch/record 3 movies on tonight but so far 2 have already been in SD and my hopes for the 3rd are dwindling.

"The Good Humor Man" at 8pm, "The Safety of Objects" at 10pm, and "Descendant" at 1:45am.

I know all of these are smaller films (sundance type) but I find it very sad that the primetime offerings on this channel turn out to be SD. These are also all relatively new films. HD copies must be out there somewhere. I dont have high hopes for "Descendant". It wasn't offered in HD when it aired a couple months ago. Hopefully it will get the same treatment as other titles(BarbWire, etc..) and be offered in HD this time around.

Here is a brief list of other movies that I had interest in but didn't air in HD. There are probably many more that I forgot about.

Full Ride
Sand
Fatal Conflict
Below Utopia
Outta Time
Love The Hard Way
Stealing Time
Amityville II: The Possession
Going all The Way
Far From Home
Ripe
Easy
Going Greek
SLEEPAWAY CAMP II: UNHAPPY CAMPERS
Slammed
THE OTHER SIDE OF HEAVEN

Also does anyone know why the Showtime logo appears on SD movies? Thankfully it doesn't appear on HD ones but I found this to also be annoying. Sorry for the mini rant. Guess it is better than what StarzHD viewers have to put up with.

People stopped watching because it sucked ass. Not because they didnt know the show was on. Now they are no longer watching the shows they liked because you constantly promote other crap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-20-2005, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Well Descendant was indeed offered in SD to make a royal trifecta.

I was planning to watch/record "Going the Distance" 8pm tonight (DEC 20) and this is also in SD. WTF? Is this a new trend we have to worry about now? Another new movie on Showtime airing in Primetime that isn't offered in HD.

With so people staying inside and watching TV you would think they would be pushing the support of HD.

People stopped watching because it sucked ass. Not because they didnt know the show was on. Now they are no longer watching the shows they liked because you constantly promote other crap.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-20-2005, 09:39 PM
AVS Club Gold

Depends on the transfer they get. Probably didn't get HD transfers. You can save yourself a lot of grief if you check their website. You can filter on HD only. I, for one, cut Showtime a lot of slack since when they do show HD transfers, they show them OAR. Unfortunately, they tend not to have the "blockbusters".

Their showing of Pulp Fiction earlier in the year gives them a pass for at least a year in my book, but that's just me.

I did notice the SHO bug on the SD showings...annoying. :(

"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd."
Closed Thread HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page