Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #8851 of 9385 Old 04-22-2012, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Now that the NFL has released it's schedule, and for the first time have FULL SLATE of Thursday Night games(weeks 2-15). Here is a link to the schedule:

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2012/TNF

Some intriguing games, especially early on and at mid season.

Over the last few years the games that were presented during the last 6-7 weeks of the season were usually boring/horrible. Not all of course, but most. And this was typical since CBS/FOX/NBC were paying all that money and wanted the best games.

But this year looks different.

My question is obvious: Do you think this, in any way/shape/form makes TWC and Cablevision(or just one) get to the bargaining table and hammer out a deal so their customers(I am with TWC) will have NFL Network(and Redzone) by the beginning of the football season? Or are we F'ed again?

I believe more in the latter, then the former, but still holding out hope. I was in TWC/Cablevisions corner for the most part, and agreed that the NFL Network should most likely be on a Sports Tier(like NHL Network where i am). But if it was in the digital variety tier(along with MLB Network) I would not complain.

Other than the last game(Bengals at Eagles and Colts at Jaguars), all of the other games are Conference and/or divisional matchups. I can't speak for the end of the of the year, but up until week 10, al those games should be good/important games.

I hope it does, but I just think they(both sides) won't budge from their current positions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8852 of 9385 Old 04-22-2012, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Andy,

- Primetime is spelled wrong at the top.

- Discovery Kids HD is now The Hub HD

- There is no more Wedding Central HD.

I also am not sure if Playboy HD has launched on a TWC system yet.

Other than that, well done.
post #8853 of 9385 Old 04-22-2012, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE View Post

Now that the NFL has released it's schedule, and for the first time have FULL SLATE of Thursday Night games(weeks 2-15). Here is a link to the schedule:

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2012/TNF

Some intriguing games, especially early on and at mid season.

Over the last few years the games that were presented during the last 6-7 weeks of the season were usually boring/horrible. Not all of course, but most. And this was typical since CBS/FOX/NBC were paying all that money and wanted the best games.

But this year looks different.

My question is obvious: Do you think this, in any way/shape/form makes TWC and Cablevision(or just one) get to the bargaining table and hammer out a deal so their customers(I am with TWC) will have NFL Network(and Redzone) by the beginning of the football season? Or are we F'ed again?

I believe more in the latter, then the former, but still holding out hope. I was in TWC/Cablevisions corner for the most part, and agreed that the NFL Network should most likely be on a Sports Tier(like NHL Network where i am). But if it was in the digital variety tier(along with MLB Network) I would not complain.

Other than the last game(Bengals at Eagles and Colts at Jaguars), all of the other games are Conference and/or divisional matchups. I can't speak for the end of the of the year, but up until week 10, al those games should be good/important games.

I hope it does, but I just think they(both sides) won't budge from their current positions.

While I hate how they have the exclusive "Sunday Ticket" deal with Direct TV, I hope a deal can get done so I can have that RedZone channel.

Apparently, they got close last year so we will see what happens.
post #8854 of 9385 Old 04-22-2012, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDOrlando View Post

Andy,

Not Playboy HD, but Hustler HD is available here on the Rochester system. Channel 1621, I believe.

Time Warner Cable – Signature Home Premium View w/Epix, Sports Pass, HD Pass, Spanish Tier, Cisco Explorer 8642HDC, Cisco Explorer 8742HDC Both Running ODN 7.2.0_11
DirecTV – Premier, HD Extra Pack, NFL ST Max, NHL CI, MLB EI, Whole House DVR, HR34-700 Running 0807, HR24-200 Running 0802

post #8855 of 9385 Old 04-22-2012, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDOrlando View Post

Andy,

thanks fixed
leaving playboy on for now

Email Melinda Witmer at TWC Corporate, the SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT & CHIEF PROGRAMMING OFFICER if you want more HD Channels!!!
Melinda.Witmer@twcable.com
post #8856 of 9385 Old 04-22-2012, 08:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE View Post

Last August, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell was quoted as saying You'll be happy to know we are in negotiations today with Time Warner. We're trying to get that done". Mr. Goodell also said the league will accept nothing short of full distribution for the channel.

Reports in September said 'both parties had made a good deal of headway in recent weeks. Not only were the two sides inching closer on a carriage fee, but TWC had agreed to place NFL Network on a basic digital tier, rather than a pricey sports tier.'

Then on October 7th, things hit the fan and both sides walked out of a Time Warner Cable conference room without scheduling a follow-up meeting. So apparently it was close at one point, but no cigar.

In light of the fact the NFL wants (and needs) as much carriage as possible, the increased schedule of exclusive games, and the fact the NFL is the most valuable sports franchise in television, one would think a deal would get done.

On the other hand, a sports TV expert was recently quoted in The New York Post, If the people at Time Warner Cable have not given in now, then five games isn't going to do it.

I really don't know what will happen. No one does.

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

post #8857 of 9385 Old 04-22-2012, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Steve Mehs: Hustler HD is definitely available. A lot of TWC and BHN systems got it in February.

Andy: Playboy HD is indeed announced but it could be on a system.

Ken: I still wonder what really happened at that final meeting. I just hope we do not get teased again this year.
post #8858 of 9385 Old 04-23-2012, 04:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H View Post

In light of the fact the NFL wants (and needs) as much carriage as possible, the increased schedule of exclusive games, and the fact the NFL is the most valuable sports franchise in television, one would think a deal would get done.

It seems to me that means TV wants (and needs) the NFL more than the other way around. The NFL has already done some cable cutting.
post #8859 of 9385 Old 04-23-2012, 05:43 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

It seems to me that means TV wants (and needs) the NFL more than the other way around. The NFL has already done some cable cutting.

Got a good feeling this year (re: TWC/BHN and NFLN/RZ). Have a little inside info. But, you never know. Either way, we shouldn't really expect any kind of announcement until at least August.

One good sign ... when TWC absorbed the former Insight Cable (who had an existing agreement for the NFL Network) customers a couple of months ago, they left NFLN on those systems. To this day, they still have the NFLN and have had other channels (ex. MLB Network, etc.) added from the TWC line-up. If you recall, this did NOT happen when TWC absorbed Adelphia Cable a few years ago. In that case, when the Adelphia subscribers were switched over to TWC, the NFLN (and other channels) were immediately yanked. There may be some contract details that we don't know about that is keeping the NFLN on the former Insight (now TWC) systems. But, I consider it a good sign that it wasn't just pulled outright when they switched over to Time Warner.
post #8860 of 9385 Old 04-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H View Post

Last August, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell was quoted as saying You'll be happy to know we are in negotiations today with Time Warner. We're trying to get that done". Mr. Goodell also said the league will accept nothing short of full distribution for the channel.

Reports in September said 'both parties had made a good deal of headway in recent weeks. Not only were the two sides inching closer on a carriage fee, but TWC had agreed to place NFL Network on a basic digital tier, rather than a pricey sports tier.'

Then on October 7th, things hit the fan and both sides walked out of a Time Warner Cable conference room without scheduling a follow-up meeting. So apparently it was close at one point, but no cigar.

On the other hand, a sports TV expert was recently quoted in The New York Post, If the people at Time Warner Cable have not given in now, then five games isn't going to do it.

I really don't know what will happen. No one does.

Now that there are 13 games on the NFLN schedule, I think it does increase the value of the channel. So maybe that alone will help the two sides come together as I doubt the NFL is asking more for the channel now than they were last year.
post #8861 of 9385 Old 04-23-2012, 11:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toadfannc View Post

Got a good feeling this year (re: TWC/BHN and NFLN/RZ). Have a little inside info. But, you never know. Either way, we shouldn't really expect any kind of announcement until at least August.

One good sign ... when TWC absorbed the former Insight Cable (who had an existing agreement for the NFL Network) customers a couple of months ago, they left NFLN on those systems. To this day, they still have the NFLN and have had other channels (ex. MLB Network, etc.) added from the TWC line-up. If you recall, this did NOT happen when TWC absorbed Adelphia Cable a few years ago.

It really isn't up to TWC. Most likely it has to do with the clauses in the contract. There may have been a clause in the Insight/NFLN contract that forbids any new owner from terminating the contract. I really don't think them keeping the NFLN on those systems is any indication of them signing a contract with the NFL in the near future.
post #8862 of 9385 Old 04-23-2012, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

I remember back in 2006 when Time Warner took over Adelphia in the northern part of San Diego County, Adelphia carried NFL Network and when TWC officially took over, TWC ran NFL Network for 30 days due to some court order or legal notice issue. TWC ran a crawler that NFLN will cease to exist on their cable system after the 30 days were up.

And the FOUL!
post #8863 of 9385 Old 04-23-2012, 01:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrainwater View Post

it really isn't up to twc. Most likely it has to do with the clauses in the contract. There may have been a clause in the insight/nfln contract that forbids any new owner from terminating the contract. I really don't think them keeping the nfln on those systems is any indication of them signing a contract with the nfl in the near future.

+1

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

post #8864 of 9385 Old 04-23-2012, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

I think the reason for the Brighthouse customers keeping NFL Network, for now, is because the buyout by TWC just became official. Meaning FCC approved.

And I "think" in July 2012, TWC OFFICIALLY takes over, and customers may have that 30 day window implemented by TWC that they did too former Adelphia customers in 2006.

I hope not, but I think that could be what is happening, and could be the future move by TWC. Unless of course a deal comes through between the NFL and TWC.
post #8865 of 9385 Old 04-23-2012, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Bright House does not have NFL Network. You must mean that other cable co.

I'll be happy if we get it this year.
post #8866 of 9385 Old 04-23-2012, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Your right. I meant to say Insight.
post #8867 of 9385 Old 04-26-2012, 02:51 PM

Liked: 10
If TWC doesn't get NFL Network this year, I am gone. Has there ever been a company with worse customer service?

Does anyone know when TWC in Los Angeles will add HD feeds for all of the HBO channels? It really bugs me that I only get HBO (east/west) in HD.

HBO2, Signature, Zone, and Comedy are still only in SD.
post #8868 of 9385 Old 04-26-2012, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraviolet353 View Post

Has there ever been a company with worse customer service?

Verizon?
post #8869 of 9385 Old 04-30-2012, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

press release

April 30, 2012, 10:56 a.m. EDT

The Channel Provides New Cross-Platform Advertising Opportunities for Brands with Curated Content from Healthy Lifestyle Experts Cooking Light and Gaiam TV

NEW YORK, Apr 30, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Time Warner Cable today announced the launch of Health on Demand, providing 24 hour access to healthy lifestyle content to its Digital Cable customers. This new offering will provide marketers with access to a geographically targeted audience of engaged, hand-raising health content seekers. Health on Demand provides advertisers with the ability to promote their content with two healthy lifestyle partners, Cooking Light, the only epicurean brand positioned at the intersection of great-tasting food and healthfulness, and Gaiam TV, a streaming video subscription service that includes exclusive yoga, Pilates and fitness classes. Local health care providers will also be able to feature patient education videos on the new channel.

"We're always looking to provide our customers with the opportunity to explore and find new offerings from local advertisers while enabling advertisers to reach their key audiences," said Joan Hogan Gillman, President, Time Warner Cable Media. "Health on Demand will create a robust destination for anyone seeking tips and recipes for a healthy lifestyle while allowing advertisers to engage with self-selected heath content seekers and maintaining 100% share of voice with a responsive television audience."

Cooking Light segments will feature recipe makeovers and tips for making healthful food choices. Cooking Light videos available at the launch include Healthy Salads, Kids' Snacks, Get Your Fiber, Cast-Iron Burgers and Key Lime Pie, among others.

"We're excited to partner with Time Warner Cable into this new digital platform because we have great step-by-step video instruction for healthy cooking, and cooking is really the ultimate on-demand activity," said Cooking Light Editor, Scott Mowbray. "People cook daily and need inspiration daily--at the time they're trying to figure out what to make for dinner. The Health on Demand channel is the perfect solution."

Gaiam TV segments will feature videos on exercise and stress reduction, including Cardio Weight Loss, Pilates Energy, Daily Yoga and Buff Moms, among others.

"We are excited to introduce Gaiam TV to the Time Warner Cable Health on Demand audience," said Patricia Karpas, Gaiam TV's Digital Strategy Officer. "Gaiam TV.com offers its subscribers unlimited online access to award-winning workout, yoga and wellness videos, plus inspirational films and personal growth videos. We're thrilled to provide a hand-selected sampling of our videos to Time Warner Cable."

On the new channel, health and lifestyle advertisers can use long-form content to engage viewers who are prime prospects for their products and services. Customers can also target their message in the category in which it will resonate most -- Cooking Light, Get Fit or My Local Health. Time Warner Cable Media will provide detailed metrics and insights to track viewership and engagement for each campaign, and overall marketing support will focus on raising year round consumer awareness with customized, multi-platform campaigns.

Additionally, advertisers will be able to leverage Time Warner Cable Media's full suite of offerings to cross-promote their long-form content on Health on Demand by leveraging Enhanced iTV, where available, as well as their online and broadcast campaigns.

Many advertisers have already found success using Time Warner Cable's Video on Demand platform, including SummaCare, a provider-owned health insurance company that reaches 18 counties in the Cleveland, Akron and Canton, Ohio market with its Medicare Advantage plans. During the 2011 Medicare Open Enrollment window, SummaCare ran a ten week My Life on Demand campaign providing viewers access to a free Medicare education video. The insurer quickly noticed the value in being able to engage hundreds of their target consumers, and as a result, they signed on for a new campaign that will launch next week, this time on Health on Demand.

"One of the things that impressed us most about our first On Demand campaign with Time Warner Cable was that the cost per view was so effective," said Tracie Kinaitis, Director of Marketing, SummaCare. "We're now looking forward to the opportunity to advertise on Health on Demand, as we hope to reach even more of our target audience."

The debut of Health on Demand follows the successful re-launch of previously existing ad supported Video on Demand channels, including Travel on Demand and Find It on Demand, which saw a 285% and a 75% increase in monthly viewership, respectively, on Time Warner Cable.

To receive all services, Digital TV, remote and lease of a digital set-top box are required. Some services are not available to CableCARD(TM) customers. Not all equipment supports all services. All services may not be available in all areas. Subject to change without notice. Some restrictions apply.

About Time Warner Cable

Time Warner Cable Inc. TWC -0.47% is among the largest providers of video, high-speed data and voice services in the United States, connecting more than 15 million customers to entertainment, information and each other. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers data, video and voice services to businesses of all sizes, cell tower backhaul services to wireless carriers and, through its NaviSite subsidiary, managed and outsourced information technology solutions and cloud services. Time Warner Cable Media, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.timewarnercable.com , www.twcbc.com , www.navisite.com , and www.twcmedia.com .

About Cooking Light

At 25 years, Cooking Light is the nation's leading epicurean brand with the largest audience, most epicurean editorial and the most recipes. Cooking Light is the only epicurean brand positioned at the intersection of great-tasting food and healthfulness, serving an important and growing consumer need. The brand delivers innovative recipes, nutrition advice, and resources to live a healthful lifestyle via its magazine, website, and portfolio of cookbooks; across all tablets; through the highly-acclaimed Cooking Light Quick and Healthy Menu Maker app; and on social media platforms including, Facebook (Facebook.com/CookingLight), Twitter (@Cooking_Light) and Pinterest (Pinterest.com/CookingLight). Cooking Light is published by the Time Inc. Lifestyle Group, a division of Time Inc., the largest magazine media company in the U.S.

About Gaiam TV

Gaiam TV is a streaming video subscription service that includes exclusive yoga and fitness classes plus thousands of inspirational documentaries and personal growth, health and wellness videos. It is available for $9.95 a month with a 10-day free trial. Gaiam TV features renowned instructors, including Rodney Yee, Jillian Michaels, Seane Corn, The FIRM, Mari Winsor, Deepak Chopra, Jack Canfield and dozens more. Top inspirational films, such as "I AM," written and directed by Tom Shadyac, are also included. In addition, Gaiam TV offers weekly live-streamed original programming with its new show, "Gaiam Inspirations" hosted by Lisa Garr. Gaiam TV is available on a wide array of portable devices, including the iPad, iPhone and iPod. Gaiam TV is a division of Gaiam, Inc.

SOURCE: Time Warner Cable Inc.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/tim...ion-2012-04-30
post #8870 of 9385 Old 05-26-2012, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Saturday, May 26, 2012

This week C-SPAN'S The Communicators begins a series of interviews with cable executives, communications regulators, and a news anchor taped at this week's Cable Show, sponsored by the National Cable & Telecommunications Association.

This week NCTA's president and CEO Michael Powell and Time Warner Cable's Chairman and CEO Glenn Britt look at the state of the cable industry, the widening range of content delivery platforms, as well as some of the current issues facing the industry.

watch online: http://www.c-span.org/Events/The-Com...t/10737430933/
post #8871 of 9385 Old 05-27-2012, 02:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgooch View Post

Saturday, May 26, 2012

This week C-SPAN'S The Communicators begins a series of interviews with cable executives, communications regulators, and a news anchor taped at this week's Cable Show, sponsored by the National Cable & Telecommunications Association.

This week NCTA's president and CEO Michael Powell and Time Warner Cable's Chairman and CEO Glenn Britt look at the state of the cable industry, the widening range of content delivery platforms, as well as some of the current issues facing the industry.

watch online: http://www.c-span.org/Events/The-Com...t/10737430933/

I really can't believe Glenn Britt makes a multi-million dollar salary. He is so clueless. He talks about eliminating set tops and how they need encryption yet the cable industry killed off CableCard for televisions by non support of two way (Tru2Way). Time warner is making some advances at a snails pace. I mean we are over 7 years into Navigator and they are finally giving it resources to get fixed.

8/30/2013 - Time Warner Liberation Day!
post #8872 of 9385 Old 05-27-2012, 04:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJF3 View Post

I really can't believe Glenn Britt makes a multi-million dollar salary. He is so clueless.

Yes I bet the average internet poster could do better.
post #8873 of 9385 Old 05-27-2012, 11:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

Yes I bet the average internet poster could do better.

Maybe not the ones who never offer anything constructive and just make sarcastic comments.

post #8874 of 9385 Old 06-01-2012, 04:58 AM
Advanced Member

So, the NFL Network is too expensive for TWC (approx $.75)? Yet, TWC wants to charge $3.95 per subscriber for their newly created LA sports networks.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/D...Media/TWC.aspx
post #8875 of 9385 Old 06-11-2012, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

And yet they think for San Diego, Fox Sports San Diego is too much.

And the FOUL!
post #8876 of 9385 Old 06-19-2012, 04:44 PM
Advanced Member

I have ragged on TWC in the past, but in case you missed it, the following announcement from TWC is an epic facepalm moment: http://www.fiercecable.com/story/time-warner-cable-patents-method-disabling-fast-forward-function-dvrs/2012-06-19?utm_medium=nl&utm_source=internal
post #8877 of 9385 Old 06-19-2012, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

If this happens, I might as well give up having DVR service.

And the FOUL!
post #8878 of 9385 Old 06-20-2012, 07:59 AM
Advanced Member

The question is would it be enough to make you at least consider changing providers?
post #8879 of 9385 Old 06-20-2012, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidger View Post

The question is would it be enough to make you at least consider changing providers?

I would look at possibly a Tivo or just drop Time Warner altogether. People forget that you are basically paying to watch commercial now with there being 3 breaks in a 30 minute show plus the product placement. I don't really have an issue with product placement either unless it's totally in your face and takes away from the show. Product placement is the future (well, here now) of advertising and should be integrated seamlessly. This is such a ridiculous idea. Why is it an issue now?

post #8880 of 9385 Old 07-25-2012, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Time Warner Cable Brings Customers NBCUniversal’s Coverage Of 2012 London Summer Olympic Games July 25 Through August 12

Time Warner Cable, in agreement with NBCUniversal, today announced a multiplatform content offering for NBCUniversal’s coverage of the London 2012 Summer Olympic Games to commence on Wednesday, July 25 through Sunday, August 12. Designed to provide video subscribers with access to NBCUniversal’s more than 5,535 hours of unprecedented Olympic programming, this offering represents the largest number of total Olympics hours ever. Time Warner Cable will offer NBCUniversal’s Olympic content live and on-demand, across multiple digital, mobile and tablet platforms, and for the first time ever, 242 hours of the Games will be available in 3D.

“Time Warner Cable customers in the New York City area will have access to a fantastic Olympic viewing experience via NBC’s coverage,” said John Quigley, Regional Vice President of Operations for New York City, Time Warner Cable. “Being able to watch [live] NBCUniversal’s Olympic programming on TV, online, On Demand, and via other platforms is as close to physically being at each event in London as you can get. And when you add our lineup of interactive features it is like having your own Olympic tour guide walking you through NBC’s comprehensive programming lineup so you can maximize every memorable Olympic moment.”

In addition to extensive coverage on the networks of NBCUniversal, including NBC, NBC Sports Network, MSNBC, CNBC, Bravo and Telemundo, two HD specialty channels and a 3D channel, subscribers can stay connected to the London Summer Olympic Games wherever they go exclusively via NBCOlympics.com, and the NBC Olympics and NBC Olympics Live Extra apps available to mobile and tablet users.

As part of a Time Warner Cable consumer’s video subscription, NBCUniversal is bringing Olympic Games content to subscribers live and on-demand, on television, online, and on mobile and tablet devices via applications. This additional access to NBCUniversal’s Olympic programming extends Time Warner Cable customers’ opportunities to watch the Games wherever they are.

Following are multiplatform offerings that will allow Time Warner Cable customers to watch and be a part of the London 2012 Olympic Games:
NBCUniversal’s Olympics Experience on Time Warner Cable Includes:

· NBCOlympics.com: NBC Olympics Live Extra, the exclusive home of Olympic live stream content at NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra, is available now to verified customers who subscribe to certain Time Warner Cable video packages and who sign-in by verifying their subscriptions. NBCOlympics.com will live stream more than 3,500 total programming hours, including NBC Sports Network, MSNBC, CNBC and Bravo, for the first time ever so that verified Time Warner Cable customers can easily watch Olympic coverage live online at no additional charge. Those subscribers who sign in and verify their subscriptions by Friday, July 27 can enter the NBC Olympics Live Extra Sweepstake for a chance to win prizes including a trip to the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, an HDTV, and other prizes, courtesy of NBCUniversal. Time Warner Cable customers should follow these verification procedures to access Olympic programming via NBCOlympics.com:

1. Go to NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra
2. Click the “Click here & Get Ready” button
3. Select Time Warner Cable
4. Sign in using existing Time Warner Cable username and password, or create a Time Warner Cable username and password by clicking “register now.”
5. You are signed in throughout the Games on that device!

· Mobile and Tablet Apps: NBCUniversal will offer two apps for mobile and tablet viewing. The NBC Olympics Live Extra app will be available to verified Time Warner Cable customers and will offer the same live streaming and event replays available via NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra. Time Warner Cable customers can verify their subscriptions on mobile and tablet devices when the NBC Olympics Live Extra App launches in mid-July. The NBC Olympics app will include short-form highlights, schedules, results, columns and more and will also link to the NBC Olympics Live Extra app.

• On Demand: NBCUniversal is making Olympic highlights and full-event rewinds available via Time Warner Cable’s Video-On-Demand service. See U.S. athletes compete in Diving, Gymnastics, Swimming, and Track & Field with over 100 highlights covering the U.S. Trials.

Pre-Games: Viewers can access more than 120, 4-8 minute clips available in SD and HD.

During the Games: NBCU will offer more than 550 highlight clips, in addition to 240 full-length event replays, available within 24 hours of the event completion, all in HD and SD.

· 3D: Panasonic Corporation of North America and the NBC Sports Group have partnered to make the London 2012 Olympic Games available in 3D to Time Warner Cable customers. The effort will produce 242 hours of coverage and mark the first time that the Olympic Games will be distributed in the U.S. in 3D. The 3D broadcasts will be shown on next-day delay and will span multiple competitions throughout the 2012 London Summer Olympic Games.

· Specialty Channels: Dedicated 24/7 basketball and soccer channels are available to Time Warner Cable customers, and will total 770 hours of NBC’s HD coverage. Available on Channel 449 and 450. 

The 2012 London Olympic Summer Games will run throughout 19 unforgettable days and nights, covering every sport, medal, champion and riveting moment. For more information, visit www.NBCOlympics.com

http://www.qgazette.com/news/2012-07-18/Front_Page/Time_Warner_Cable_Brings_Customers_NBCUniversals_C.html
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page