Earlier today, my client and I exchanged the old Motorola cable box (DCH3200) and DVR (DCX3400) with Arris cable boxes and DVR (DCX3510-M). Also, we got a new RC (RC122) for the new DVR.
I do like the new Navigator(?) GUI since it is faster and has better usability. However, there are annoyances:
1. Where is the technical information (e.g., signals) at like Motorola's boxes with RC button to power on to that white screen instead of iGuide?
2. When switching between SD and HD channels, the box and TV flickers as if they were change resolution or something. Is this normal? Motorola didn't do this.
3. I noticed it takes too long to boot up these Arris boxes compared to Motorola's and others. I can understand waiting for their TV Guides to update, but booting up and unable to use them? Argh! What if there is a quick power outage and we're watching TV? That would suck to wait 5-10 minutes just to boot up!
4. Is there a way to show the information guide in each changed channel to show ALL details by default instead pressing the RC's info button twice?
5. Are there dedicated (forum/thread)s for these Arris cable hardwares? I remember AVS forums had a dedciated thread for Motorola's.
6. Are there manuals for them including their Navigator?
7. Anything to know about compared to Motorola's? It like looks this DVR is a server and the other box is a client to share recordings through coax cables? Again, I need manuals. I didn't see any options for them in the screens though.
8. After returning the old cable DVR, why does https://myservices.timewarnercable.c...dex#jmp/cse/tv
still shows it connected? Does it take a long time to update or something?
9. Is there a way to save my real-time recording before changing to another channel?
10. Can DVR (DCX3510-M) with RC122 do skips instead of fast forwarding (FFing)?
11. I noticed these Arris cable boxes have Apps. Is there an online store to download and install more like Apple's?
We will still have to play with them more later. Thank you in advance.