Forum Jump: 
 12Likes

post #9391 of 9402 Old 09-03-2014, 06:27 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 14
It's a hit or miss with all of them and I personally don't understand it. I hear that HBO is the worst of them for doing it.

...finally retired and spending time in my HT!!!

My equipment consists of:

Epson 9500 UB Projector; 110" JKP Affinity Screen; Panasonic BD30 Player, Toshiba HDA1 Player; Definitive Speakers (Center, Towers, Rear); Onkyo 608 A/V Receiver; Nevo Q50 Remote; TW HD Cable Box. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9392 of 9402 Old 09-03-2014, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspector View Post
It's a hit or miss with all of them and I personally don't understand it. I hear that HBO is the worst of them for doing it.
So, is it by HBO or TWC doing it? Do other TV providers do this too?
post #9393 of 9402 Old 09-03-2014, 08:01 AM
Advanced Member

I know one time I paid for a movie on TWC in HD and it was in the incorrect aspect ratio. I said I wanted my money back, they refunded it but with this remark, "Buy the movie in SD and you won't have to ask us for a refund!" That meant the movie was always going to be 4x3 (1.37:1), so you have nothing to bitch about...since you already know what you're going to get!
phildaant likes this.

Epson 9500 UB Projector; 110" JKP Affinity Screen; Panasonic BD30 Player, Toshiba HDA1 Player; Definitive Speakers (Center, Towers, Rear); Onkyo 608 A/V Receiver; Nevo Q50 Remote; TW HD Cable Box. 

post #9394 of 9402 Old 09-03-2014, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I know one time I paid for a movie on TWC in HD and it was in the incorrect aspect ratio. I said I wanted my money back, they refunded it but with this remark, "Buy the movie in SD and you won't have to ask us for a refund!" That meant the movie was always going to be 4x3 (1.37:1), so you have nothing to bitch about...since you already know what you're going to get!
That sucks.
post #9395 of 9402 Old 09-03-2014, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
SD does not always mean 4x3

Gary J
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9396 of 9402 Old 09-03-2014, 02:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
SD does not always mean 4x3

From every movie that I've ever ordered from TWC in SD...they are always 4x3! That is my experience.

post #9397 of 9402 Old 09-21-2014, 10:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Question "Start Over" selection during a live new episode.

Hello.

I am new with this DVR feature on TWC's Navigator. I assume this is the same as On Demand, but only DURING the new episode's live broadcast (American Dad for me tonight). It looks like it goes away after the episode ends since I couldn't get back it even in its American Dad On Demand list (no season 10 episodes at all). I had it on pause (bah!!). Is that how it is supposed to work? My DVR failed to record it (didn't show up in its Schedule even though I did tell it!). Argh.

Thank you in advance.
post #9398 of 9402 Old 09-22-2014, 08:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
Hello.

I am new with this DVR feature on TWC's Navigator. I assume this is the same as On Demand, but only DURING the new episode's live broadcast (American Dad for me tonight). It looks like it goes away after the episode ends since I couldn't get back it even in its American Dad On Demand list (no season 10 episodes at all). I had it on pause (bah!!). Is that how it is supposed to work? My DVR failed to record it (didn't show up in its Schedule even though I did tell it!). Argh.

Thank you in advance.
You are correct. You can start over during the show.
phildaant likes this.
post #9399 of 9402 Old 09-22-2014, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie33 View Post
You are correct. You can start over during the show.
But not right after the new episode ends? On Demand doesn't carry the new episodes too even after a week.
post #9400 of 9402 Old 09-22-2014, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Question DVR's Navigator Scheduler buggy?

Is it me or is it buggy? It seems some of my upcoming recordings do not show up in the Schedule and online's DVR Manager? Like I told it to record new episodes for last night's American Dad, tonight's Gotham pilot, Wednesday's South Park, etc. None of them show up as series' new episode recordings? They show up in Series Manager list, but not Schedule list? I saw no conflicts. Is there a way to clear all schedule from scratch instead of doing one by one?
post #9401 of 9402 Old 09-29-2014, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
Is it me or is it buggy? It seems some of my upcoming recordings do not show up in the Schedule and online's DVR Manager? Like I told it to record new episodes for last night's American Dad, tonight's Gotham pilot, Wednesday's South Park, etc. None of them show up as series' new episode recordings? They show up in Series Manager list, but not Schedule list? I saw no conflicts. Is there a way to clear all schedule from scratch instead of doing one by one?
It's been buggy for me too the last week or so. I've had several series recordings not get added.

In the past there was a bug with Series Manager, where if you went in, the channel number would be -1. In that case, you had to delete the series from Series Manager and re-add it. But the missed recordings this week have not had the -1 issue. Also, these were not cases of conflicts. It simply decided these were not NEW episodes, even though the guide marked them as such.

In general, I don't trust the DVR to schedule anything. Resolved conflicts often come back, changes made ahead of time get overwritten when the Series Manager does it's daily (?) pass to set new recordings, etc. I tend to check everything every night right before prime time starts, to make sure it hasn't screwed up.
phildaant likes this.
post #9402 of 9402 Old 09-29-2014, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI_Grenadier View Post
It's been buggy for me too the last week or so. I've had several series recordings not get added.

In the past there was a bug with Series Manager, where if you went in, the channel number would be -1. In that case, you had to delete the series from Series Manager and re-add it. But the missed recordings this week have not had the -1 issue. Also, these were not cases of conflicts. It simply decided these were not NEW episodes, even though the guide marked them as such.

In general, I don't trust the DVR to schedule anything. Resolved conflicts often come back, changes made ahead of time get overwritten when the Series Manager does it's daily (?) pass to set new recordings, etc. I tend to check everything every night right before prime time starts, to make sure it hasn't screwed up.
OK, I am not alone. I wished there was a way to force pass check instead of waiting. Power cycling doesn't do it. I assume this issue has been around for many years?
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page