post #511 of 538 Old 05-11-2007, 07:46 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

Hope it comes back...personally I see the arc this way. There's no way Jonas and Bob don't have an op going. They saw this coming with the previous ep. The CIA guy even suggested that Jonas come in. Missing Charles is part of it, could be he's CIA. Mack and the other guy are playing a role, the Col. too maybe. It would be a nice opportunity to ditch Tiffy, who is totally annoying...we'll see...maybe.

Not nearly as annoying as Bob's wife. At least Tiffy is pleasant to look at.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 538 Old 05-11-2007, 08:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcfila View Post

I find her face very strangely shaped. Bob's wife is much better looking.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

post #513 of 538 Old 05-11-2007, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

I find her face very strangely shaped. Bob's wife is much better looking.

Tiffany has a great body though I actually like them both and really hope this show comes back next season
post #514 of 538 Old 05-11-2007, 08:10 AM

Quote:
I find her face very strangely shaped. Bob's wife is much better looking

I'm more of a Jonas' wife fan myself! On a serious note, I don't find Bob's wife attractive in the least. She looks like trailer trash.
post #515 of 538 Old 05-11-2007, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphyboy View Post

I'm more of a Jonas' wife fan myself! On a serious note, I don't find Bob's wife attractive in the least. She looks like trailer trash.

All right, I'll admit it, I find them all annoying ... then again, I find my wife a pain at times too.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #516 of 538 Old 05-11-2007, 10:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphyboy View Post

Too bad they got rid of the one who played the trailer trash girl because she was the hottest one of them all.

Fernando
post #517 of 538 Old 05-11-2007, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

All right, I'll admit it, I find them all annoying ... then again, I find my wife a pain at times too.

I think all wives are supposed to be like that I think it is in the genetics.

I like the woman in the show for some reason something about them revs me up
post #518 of 538 Old 05-11-2007, 12:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by fs123 View Post

Too bad they got rid of the one who played the trailer trash girl because she was the hottest one of them all.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

post #519 of 538 Old 05-11-2007, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcfila View Post

That's debateable since I think Kim and Molly both are way more prettier than Tiffy and do not find Kim annoying at all .. Tiffy is beyond ridiculous and although I do not want her off the show I'd like to see her on less and Kim on more who at least supports and loves her Husband and Children which is not something I can say about Tiffy who not only selfish but immature too ..
I think Tiffy is ok in looks but her purpose seems to be only for the T&A and that's HoHum !! I'd rather watch women like Kim and Molly who are at least interesting and are accomplishing things and not cheating and trying to blame other people for their mistakes.. Tiffy has always been on the fence for me and still is.. Do not hate her but do not like her either so my feelings are she is part of the show but the writing has not made her likeable or compelling but one dimensional and blah !!
post #520 of 538 Old 05-11-2007, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fs123 View Post

You mean Crystal who was average looking( and that's being generous considering beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I admit I had to force myself seeing any beauty in her looks ) and had no personality ?
She was the biggest whiner and made Tiffy look good by comparison
The only women I really find attractive and worth watching are Kim and Molly mostly but the woman who was portraying Ron's Wife was cute and I was hoping she would stick around .
I watch The Unit for both the men and women and my favorite men are Bob,Mack,and Jonas .. I like Hector and Charles too but the best shows are usually around Bob and Jonas and now Mack so of course these three are standing out more on the show
post #521 of 538 Old 05-12-2007, 10:05 AM

The intro will now change to the following:

"In 2007 a crack commando Unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they did commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire The Unit."

Jonas: "I love it when a plan comes together."

Or, if it's canceled, then this was simply a Prequel series. Nice.
post #522 of 538 Old 05-12-2007, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwalters View Post

The intro will now change to the following:

"In 2007 a crack commando Unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they did commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire The Unit."

Jonas: "I love it when a plan comes together."

Or, if it's canceled, then this was simply a Prequel series. Nice.

But HUSH The Unit has to come back !! I need to see Bob, Jonas, Mack, Hector, and Charles and find out if the CIA is behind everything and want to see Molly & Jonas reunited and more with Bob & Kim and if Mack & Tiffy are over and done with or if these two can get anything resembling a marriage again ..
post #523 of 538 Old 05-12-2007, 12:07 PM

Man, this will really work! To switch over to the new theme, we have to get rid of the wives cause they don't fit the new premise. So, Jonas' wife is taken care of with the allotment setup. Clearly Jonas doesn't plan to come back to her, so she's successfully written off the show now. Tiffy's leaving Mack or vice versa, who cares whatever, she's off the show. Ryan's wife with the Counselor Troi accent just left him too, she's off the show. So the only wife we haven't already gotten rid of is Kim. That's easy. Now she's a CIA wife, Bob is not part of the unit on-the-run. Rather, he is their informant, their window into the world of stuff for them to go do. So, his wife can stay since they live in their nice little house rather than in the underground where somebody would just shoot her for whining too much anyway.

Plus, her clairvoyant abilities previously alluded to will be of great assistance somehow or other.
post #524 of 538 Old 05-12-2007, 12:14 PM

Quote:

Man, this will really work! To switch over to the new theme, we have to get rid of the wives cause they don't fit the new premise. So, Jonas' wife is taken care of with the allotment setup. Clearly Jonas doesn't plan to come back to her, so she's successfully written off the show now. Tiffy's leaving Mack or vice versa, who cares whatever, she's off the show. Ryan's wife with the Counselor Troi accent just left him too, she's off the show. So the only wife we haven't already gotten rid of is Kim. That's easy. Now she's a CIA wife, Bob is not part of the unit on-the-run. Rather, he is their informant, their window into the world of stuff for them to go do. So, his wife can stay since they live in their nice little house rather than in the underground where somebody would just shoot her for whining too much anyway.

Plus, her clairvoyant abilities previously alluded to will be of great assistance somehow or other.

Since Kim never whines but helps out keeping her around works for me since she is the only Wife who has any intelligence and merit on the series ..
post #525 of 538 Old 05-12-2007, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taffyrose View Post

Since Kim never whines but helps out keeping her around works for me since she is the only Wife who has any intelligence and merit on the series ..

She whines all the time! There wasn't an episode in the whole first season where she didn't pitch a little crybaby fit about not being allowed to live off base. Then she whines about Bob going on missions, being in the Army, being in the unit, blah blah blah. She's the whiniest one.
post #526 of 538 Old 05-12-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:

She whines all the time! There wasn't an episode in the whole first season where she didn't pitch a little crybaby fit about not being allowed to live off base. Then she whines about Bob going on missions, being in the Army, being in the unit, blah blah blah. She's the whiniest one.

In accordance to you and not shared by everyone Kim has always had valid reasons for complaining and was right more often than not
As for voicing her opinions about living off base seemed to me in the story for Bob & Kim they always lived off base prior to his joining The Unit so it was a valid request and quite appropiate considering the circumstances..
When did she whine about Bob going on missions ? Are you talking about the mission which Bob took her on and it was supposed to be a romantic getaway ? Again her complaint was understandable and Bob was in the wrong.. Kim actually handled that situation better than most women would have.. What did she ever say bad about being in the Army ? I must have missed that show since in season 1 she never talked about it but was openly supportive to what Bob was doing and said how proud she was of him .. So again where were these whiny incidents Kim supposedly did ? Was it wanting Bob to sign the Life Insurance papers ? Again another valid request and reasonable.. I remember Bob being the one making it difficult not Kim .. If you do not like Kim that is fine but do not make up false statements to defend your feelings since in every incident Kim has had a valid reason to express her feelings and she may be outspoken yes but hardly whiny . Personally I find Kim the most honest woman in the series and like how she speaks up and does not take any crap..
I think you're substituting Kim for Tiffy who has done all these things and more not to mention cheating on her husband and seeing nothing wrong with it .. Tiffy complains about everything .. I like Molly just fine mostly except when she does the stepford wife routine but would like to see her become more outspoken with Jonas and not just other people .
post #527 of 538 Old 05-16-2007, 07:57 PM

Phew....

Looks like the boys will be back next fall:

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_5909383
post #528 of 538 Old 05-16-2007, 09:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondoms View Post

Phew....

Looks like the boys will be back next fall:

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_5909383

Oh yes!! Thank GOD!!!
post #529 of 538 Old 05-17-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzo View Post

Oh yes!! Thank GOD!!!

I agree The Unit is the best
post #530 of 538 Old 05-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 22
From the first 3 paragraphs from a long WSJ article on Wednesday:

Quote:

On the evening of March 4, 10 French paratroopers reached Birao, Central African Republic, and dropped near an airstrip captured by rebel militia. The paratroopers ambushed the rebels, killing several and reclaiming the airport for the government.

In France, neither the public nor parliament was informed of the attack for three weeks. Coordinating the mission was the "Cellule Africaine," a three-person office nestled behind the Elysée, France's presidential palace. This wasn't the first time the office has been involved in the Central African Republic's internal affairs: In 1979, France toppled the former colony's self-proclaimed emperor and reinstalled his predecessor.

For the past half-century, the secretive and powerful "African Cell" has overseen France's strategic interests in Africa, holding sway over a wide swath of former French colonies. Acting as a general command, the Cell uses France's military as a hammer to install leaders it deems friendly to French interests. In return, these countries give French industries first crack at their oil and other natural resources. Sidestepping traditional diplomatic channels, the Cell reports only to one person: the president.

Now why does that sound familar?
post #531 of 538 Old 05-20-2007, 01:00 AM
AVS Special Member

I just hope the get back to "The Unit" somehow and not make it a government FUGITIVE show

very happy it's back though

Cichlids are my HD
Technology is my hobby
PSN/LIVE: LaCoMBo78
post #532 of 538 Old 05-20-2007, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacombo View Post

I just hope the get back to "The Unit" somehow and not make it a government FUGITIVE show

very happy it's back though

I am curious as to how this will all play out and how TPTB will do it in a way without white-washing anything but yes I'm happy to see The Unit return
post #533 of 538 Old 05-21-2007, 04:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

I completely agree, I was shocked at the season finally, I don't know how you undo all of that but if it becomes something else and stays that way I think they took a really great concept and killed it.
post #534 of 538 Old 05-25-2007, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Wow, just watched the finale last night. Crazy episode and totally unexpected. How are they going to undo all of this and get things back to normal? I really hope they don't kill the show. It seemed like they were setting it up to be over...but I'm glad to hear it's coming back. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how they plan to move it forward.
post #535 of 538 Old 05-25-2007, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post

Wow, just watched the finale last night. Crazy episode and totally unexpected. How are they going to undo all of this and get things back to normal? I really hope they don't kill the show. It seemed like they were setting it up to be over...but I'm glad to hear it's coming back. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how they plan to move it forward.

It all comes down to leverage, right now the suits in DC have it. They need to find leverage to get them back in.

It's not like they are innocent of all the charges...they did steal diamonds :-) Good thing too, or Jonas would be in the stockade too.

Didn't they say it was fallout from some mission BEFORE bob joined? If so, I'm sure we'll see that in a flashback or two.

I'm no expert....so your mileage may vary
XboxLiveID: archie68
post #536 of 538 Old 05-26-2007, 08:50 AM
Advanced Member

This is the best news I've heard all week. This is by far my favorite show.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
post #537 of 538 Old 05-26-2007, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteki View Post

It all comes down to leverage, right now the suits in DC have it. They need to find leverage to get them back in..

My guess is the President, and remember he has met Jonas from a previous episide, needs something covert done and he gets in contact with Ryan and promises all bad deeds will be erased if the Unit can do this mission.

Please do not send me PM's asking for software! You will not get it.
post #538 of 538 Old 05-26-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herdfan View Post

My guess is the President, and remember he has met Jonas from a previous episide, needs something covert done and he gets in contact with Ryan and promises all bad deeds will be erased if the Unit can do this mission.

Interesting theory and you could be right
I know the wives get a fair share of criticism but I watch The Unit for the Unit of both the men and women on the series so dropping the wives is not cool with me at all
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page