Advertisement

post #1262 of 1302 Old 06-07-2006, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey
I heard a radio interview with Vince Spatafore (Johnny Sac) yesterday.....
I assume you mean Vince Curatola (or Vito Spatafore played by Joe Gannascoli) ?
post #1263 of 1302 Old 06-07-2006, 08:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbodin
I think he even made the comment "It's christmas" as in he felt like doing something nice. And wanting to take down them down or not, he's still a "good" guy who probably doesn't want to see someone murdered, mafia or not. He was warning Tony to prevent that from happening. He was always "nice" to Tony and never took it personal.
I smell a rat in The Shah of Iran's crew....
post #1264 of 1302 Old 06-07-2006, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Tony nailed it with the Shah comparison:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohamma...ahlavi_of_Iran

BTW, check out Uncle Junior, further down the page. :)
post #1265 of 1302 Old 06-07-2006, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

AMERICAN IDOL has super high ratings - yet most of its garbage.

Two hour movies with great screenplays are rare, yet David Chase has given us probably the eqivalent in hours of 30 movies with probably 75% of these way above average in terms of writing

Just cannot understand what the complaints are about
post #1266 of 1302 Old 06-07-2006, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Anyone know if that was Phil's maid or housekeeper that was all dolled up- before the explosion? I saw a resemblance, but usually they just have one or 2 on the side that has no other connection to them
post #1267 of 1302 Old 06-07-2006, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Great season except for Chase's (usually via Meadow) typical Hollywood political preachings
post #1268 of 1302 Old 06-07-2006, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by JET99
Anyone know if that was Phil's maid or housekeeper that was all dolled up- before the explosion? I saw a resemblance, but usually they just have one or 2 on the side that has no other connection to them
As I mentioned a few pages ago, back at post #1135, that woman blown on her backside along with Phil due to that “Brooklyn BBQ†is his goomah and his maid. They showed her earlier in a scene in his house with his wife.

Larry

I thought we were cool de la?
post #1269 of 1302 Old 06-08-2006, 06:31 AM
Advanced Member

I am very disappointed about the so called 'last' season. We have to wait for the new mini season for all the fates.
post #1270 of 1302 Old 06-08-2006, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthstooge
I know, I've got a weakness for hispanic babes too.
But the kid's a drag.
At least she takes her bra off when she does the horizontal mambo. Ever notice that the female characters always seem to keep their bras on in the sex scenes (Ade, Meadow, Julianna) ? :(
post #1271 of 1302 Old 06-08-2006, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Not all of them (I think). Or, are you excluding the Bada Bing pole dancing scenes?

Anyway, my guess is that bra, or no-bra, is at the discretion of the individual actresses. Maybe someone in this thread can recall which Sopranos characters over the years has appeared nude or semi-nude? Extra credit for posting photos. :D

Ready....set....go!
post #1272 of 1302 Old 06-08-2006, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2silber
Not all of them (I think). Or, are you excluding the Bada Bing pole dancing scenes?

Anyway, my guess is that bra, or no-bra, is at the discretion of the individual actresses. Maybe someone in this thread can recall which Sopranos characters over the years has appeared nude or semi-nude? Extra credit for posting photos. :D

Ready....set....go!
Definitely excluding the bing girls, who can ever forget the name of the character who got to give head to Richie Aprile - 'Joint Copper'

I can only remember a quick shot of Dr. Melfi in one of Tony's dreams, and possibly a fleeting shot of Carm (n the shower I think).

Man, I need a life ! :rolleyes:
post #1273 of 1302 Old 06-08-2006, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew_b
...I can only remember a quick shot of Dr. Melfi in one of Tony's dreams, and possibly a fleeting shot of Carm (n the shower I think).
Man, I need a life ! :rolleyes:
:D
It’s not really a bad thing that they haven’t had the “naked gone wild Sopranos.†There’s definitely way more people on that show that I’d prefer to see fully clothed than not… :eek:
Uh ohhhh… is this what’s left to talk about ‘till January..

Larry

post #1274 of 1302 Old 06-08-2006, 02:17 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Not all of them (I think). Maybe someone in this thread can recall which Sopranos characters over the years has appeared nude or semi-nude? Extra credit for posting photos. :D

Ready....set....go!
Johnny Cakes. :eek: Did you mean to say actresses ;) ?

R. Aster
post #1275 of 1302 Old 06-08-2006, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Aster
Johnny Cakes. :eek: Did you mean to say actresses ;) ?
Yikes! I did mean to say "actresses"....that is, as long as nobody posts a nude shot of Paulie's mother. :eek:
post #1276 of 1302 Old 06-08-2006, 02:41 PM

Liked: 15
Concur. In a similar thread about Jame Bond movies, someone was asking for R-rated FF nudity and the name of Dame Judi Dench was mentioned ....

R. Aster
post #1277 of 1302 Old 06-08-2006, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL3HD
I was disappointed, definitely expecting more from this episode. I didn’t care for the dragged out drug scenes with Christopher. I thought all of his scenes could have been trimmed with no loss to the story.
I think there is a *big* story here. Remember when Chris was paying off the druggie who helped do the hit to Frankie Valle's character, they were sitting in Chris's car in the rain under the highway and Chris gave the guy some smack as part of the reward. Then he and Chris shoot up together and the camera made a long deliberate shot of the needle going in the druggie's arm and his blood swirling and backwashing into the syringe. Then Chris used the needle.

Now move up to JM and Chris. They're doing the drugs together and she makes the comment "well at least we're not sharing needles with anyone". Then later in the episodes she's always sick. Sick on the couch and sick and throwing up when they were smoking. I think we're going to see JM find out she is HIV positive and she got it from Chris. And before they find out, Tony tries to "claim" back what is his by banging JM to spite Chris. And once Chris finds out about the HIV he knows if Tony finds out that will be the end of him, since it was Chris who ultimately put Tony at risk because of his drug behavior. I don't think Tony will contract HIV, but it will certainly be a central part of the story and the downfall of Chris from the family.

-Matt
post #1278 of 1302 Old 06-08-2006, 09:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianoman41
I think there is a *big* story here. Remember when Chris was paying off the druggie who helped do the hit to Frankie Valle's character, they were sitting in Chris's car in the rain under the highway and Chris gave the guy some smack as part of the reward. Then he and Chris shoot up together and the camera made a long deliberate shot of the needle going in the druggie's arm and his blood swirling and backwashing into the syringe. Then Chris used the needle.

Now move up to JM and Chris. They're doing the drugs together and she makes the comment "well at least we're not sharing needles with anyone". Then later in the episodes she's always sick. Sick on the couch and sick and throwing up when they were smoking. I think we're going to see JM find out she is HIV positive and she got it from Chris. And before they find out, Tony tries to "claim" back what is his by banging JM to spite Chris. And once Chris finds out about the HIV he knows if Tony finds out that will be the end of him, since it was Chris who ultimately put Tony at risk because of his drug behavior. I don't think Tony will contract HIV, but it will certainly be a central part of the story and the downfall of Chris from the family.
I think you may be onto something here.

Chet
post #1279 of 1302 Old 06-08-2006, 09:45 PM

Quote:
They're doing the drugs together and she makes the comment "well at least we're not sharing needles with anyone". Then later in the episodes she's always sick. Sick on the couch and sick and throwing up when they were smoking. I think we're going to see JM find out she is HIV positive and she got it from Chris.
Isn't that a little quick to start showing symptoms?
post #1280 of 1302 Old 06-09-2006, 04:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAtlanta
Isn't that a little quick to start showing symptoms?
Yep, about 10 years to quick.

"The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry you" - Jack Bauer
post #1281 of 1302 Old 06-09-2006, 04:56 AM

Didn't Christopher make a comment (to the same junkie in his car, I think) that the baby laxative used to cut the drugs made him sick ? Didn't he start puking right after shooting up at the street festival ? Might just be a common reaction ?

Any heroin users on this board ?
post #1282 of 1302 Old 06-09-2006, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ugh.

Very, very, very, very (should i just say absolutely) unlikely.

Junkies get "sick" (ie. puke) and this was nothing more than depicting real-life addicts together.

People also live years HIV+ without being "sick" so such a "downfall" from a shared needle is not happening on the Sopranos.

DVD's are about movies & people watch them in living rooms, how many people actually use their computer drives to sit and watch movies- Bluray's Andy Parsons
post #1283 of 1302 Old 06-09-2006, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinch
Ugh.

Very, very, very, very (should i just say absolutely) unlikely.

Junkies get "sick" (ie. puke) and this was nothing more than depicting real-life addicts together.

People also live years HIV+ without being "sick" so such a "downfall" from a shared needle is not happening on the Sopranos.
No, I think he's got something here.

Alright, toss out the HIV ‘symptoms’ talk and all of the ‘nauseous’ references and leave in the basic scenario that pianoman41 is presenting and this is good writing. This plot sounds right on- a very astute analysis. This would satisfy my questions and complaints regarding why they dragged out all of Chris’ drug scenes when they should have been edited down. Chris gets HIV from his dude in his car and passes it along to the real estate chick and Tony bangs her to show up Chris and the pot boils over. I like it.

Larry

post #1284 of 1302 Old 06-09-2006, 07:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I like it too...maybe Chase reads this thread and will use it!!!
post #1285 of 1302 Old 06-09-2006, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
No, I think he's got something here.

Alright, toss out the HIV ‘symptoms’ talk and all of the ‘nauseous’ references and leave in the basic scenario that pianoman41 is presenting and this is good writing. This plot sounds right on- a very astute analysis. This would satisfy my questions and complaints regarding why they dragged out all of Chris’ drug scenes when they should have been edited down. Chris gets HIV from his dude in his car and passes it along to the real estate chick and Tony bangs her to show up Chris and the pot boils over. I like it.
you might like it (as would many SOAP OPERA viewers who keep General Hospital on air) but that is not going to be the story arc of the final 8 episodes.

nothing has changed with chris' (exposure to diseases... hiv, hepatitis, STDs) here this season, especially that episode.

DVD's are about movies & people watch them in living rooms, how many people actually use their computer drives to sit and watch movies- Bluray's Andy Parsons
post #1286 of 1302 Old 06-09-2006, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinch
...you might like it (as would many SOAP OPERA viewers who keep General Hospital on...
:D :D
Geeze, I got reduced to a daytime boob tube viewer. :rolleyes:

I think it’s a plausible story line- what does it have to do with the genre of a soap opera? :confused:

What exactly are you expecting to see in these last episodes? Wyatt Earp at the corral… Tony Montana and his little friend…Slim Pickens riding a war head??? :p :D

Larry

post #1287 of 1302 Old 06-09-2006, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Chris may not get sick with AIDS within the time frame of the program's conclusion, but he could find out he's HIV positive sooner than that from some routine medical test or situation. As pianoman41 said, I think the long shot showing the sharing of bloody needles was quite deliberate on Chase's part.
post #1288 of 1302 Old 06-09-2006, 09:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Chris may not get sick with AIDS within the time frame of the program's conclusion, but he could find out he's HIV positive sooner than that from some routine medical test or situation. As pianoman41 said, I don't think the long shot showing the sharing of bloody needles was quite deliberate on Chase's part.
What's the line? A cigar is sometimes just a cigar?

Maybe it's just to show what a complete idiot he is....
post #1289 of 1302 Old 06-09-2006, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Now move up to JM and Chris. They're doing the drugs together and she makes the comment "well at least we're not sharing needles with anyone".

I thought she said they weren't "using needles" anymore? When they were shown in the car, they were inhaling, not injecting. I also agree the timeframe is too short to show symptoms. Some people never have symptoms.

Interesting premise though.

Art
post #1290 of 1302 Old 06-09-2006, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
:D :D
Geeze, I got reduced to a daytime boob tube viewer. :rolleyes:

I think it’s a plausible story line- what does it have to do with the genre of a soap opera? :confused:

What exactly are you expecting to see in these last episodes? Wyatt Earp at the corral… Tony Montana and his little friend…Slim Pickens riding a war head??? :p :D
it's not a plausible story line. even if chris was whacked or developed asian flu and died next episode the storyline of "sopranos" and it's conclusion is unchanged... he's totally unfit to take over for tony as Chase has pointed out since season 1.

I'm expecting to see the some closure to the story, some unanswered questions... maybe a whacking or two (that is not really important and in way can be a cop-out - but i see chrissy being reuinted w/ adriana). tony sitting on melfi's couch ending where it all began... the more things change the more they stay the same. the end... now let your mind and imagination mull over what happens to the characters now that the series is over.

Closed Thread HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page