What's the future of INHD2? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #1 of 134 Old 06-13-2006, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Heard rumors and saw this in the ESPN2-HD now on Comcast thread posted by Al Shing... nobody replied so I thought I'd bring it up here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Shing
Over in the Seattle Comcast Local thread, somebody posted that we would be getting ESPN2HD today, but losing INHD2 to make room. The rationale is that INHD2 is going dark at the end of July anyway, so they are just going to remove it early.

Obviously, since I haven't seen anywhere else that INHD2 is planning to go dark, I am suspecting that it is only going dark for us, and somebody is being fed bogus info.

Can somebody confirm whether or not INHD2 is really going dark by August?
I'm curious as well. Anyone know about this?

Although I think it's really cool we got ESPN2-HD today in Seattle, I'm kind of bummed about losing another HD channel permanently, especially one that broadcasts HD content 24/7. I used to watch some concerts and movies on there from time to time, and it was a good channel to showcase my TV to guests, etc.

I was really hoping Comcast would add more HD to our lineup in my area, not take away, but obviously we must really be bandwidth limited.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 134 Old 06-13-2006, 10:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm not sure if this has any relevance since I haven't heard anything about the future of INHD2 before reading this post, but on TWC in Houston the TV Guide function stopped showing any ty listings for INHD2 at least a few weeks ago. It's a tad annoying to not be able to check what is on the channel, but it would suck far worse if we were to lose the channel.
post #3 of 134 Old 06-14-2006, 07:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 118
They could fit most of their content on one channel anyway. Everything on INHD2 today is a rerun, and many are being shown more than once.

http://inhd.com/networkSchedule/networkSchedules.jsp

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

post #4 of 134 Old 06-14-2006, 07:51 AM
Advanced Member

Can you confirm if you lost INHD2 now that ESPN2HD has been added?
post #5 of 134 Old 06-14-2006, 08:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Just tried www.inhd.com and the site is performing maintenance.
Coincidence or removing INHD2 from the code!
post #6 of 134 Old 06-14-2006, 09:37 AM

Yesterday ESPN2HD was added and I lost INHD2. Today I don't have either channel, what the heck?
post #7 of 134 Old 06-14-2006, 09:47 AM

I just e-mailed INHD. As soon as I hear back from them I'll post their response.
post #8 of 134 Old 06-14-2006, 10:10 AM

Liked: 124
Lame. Want to make room? Get rid of about 100 SD channels that I doubt anyone ever watches. There's only 2-3 channels I ever look for between 58-503. Everything else in that huge space is complete and total garbage.
post #9 of 134 Old 06-14-2006, 10:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

InHD and InHD2 don't really deserve to exist. They are little more than demo material, for the early days of HD when there wasn't much HD material. When considering the merit of an HD channel, ask yourself this: would I ever watch the channel if it weren't HD or if all channels were SD?
post #10 of 134 Old 06-14-2006, 10:24 AM
Advanced Member

iNhd has three MLB games a week..that is enough for me to keep watching..and some ok concerst...do they need two? nope..but I sure would be upset if both were gone
post #11 of 134 Old 06-14-2006, 10:52 AM

Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by balazer
InHD and InHD2 don't really deserve to exist. They are little more than demo material, for the early days of HD when there wasn't much HD material. When considering the merit of an HD channel, ask yourself this: would I ever watch the channel if it weren't HD or if all channels were SD?
:eek: You can't possibly be serious. :eek:

When there are people begging for FOOD to be shown in HD, I think channels that show the most beautiful places on earth absolutely need to be in HD. I'd rather see Alaskan snowfields in HD than Alaskan crab on a plate in it. Plus, both the INHD channels have some good content during daytime hours. If someone comes to my house and wants to see what HD programming looks like between 8AM-7PM, what do I show them? The Oprah View? Judge Judy-Brown-Wapner's Divorce Court? Days of our General Hospital Lives? How do I justify showing them this drek when I can show them an IMAX original on space, oceans, or some exotic location that was filmed specifically for big screen viewing? :confused:
post #12 of 134 Old 06-14-2006, 11:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 2484 Post(s)
Liked: 2357
Keep INHD...there is no need for INHD2
post #13 of 134 Old 06-14-2006, 11:54 AM

I love the travel and discovery-channel-like stuff they show on INHD. I think there is definitely room for one but two might be excessive. Just give us more HD instead of pulling a switcheroo!
post #14 of 134 Old 06-14-2006, 12:07 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 3789 Post(s)
Liked: 3851
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969
Lame. Want to make room? Get rid of about 100 SD channels that I doubt anyone ever watches. There's only 2-3 channels I ever look for between 58-503. Everything else in that huge space is complete and total garbage.
We all would like that. Unfortunately, there are contractural agreements with the providers that make that very difficult.
post #15 of 134 Old 06-14-2006, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Called Comcast to find out what is up, this is what I heard so take it as you will...

INHD2 is gone forever in the Seattle area to make room for ESPN2-HD. They originally were not going to add ESPN2 til the end of the summer but then decided to add it early for World Cup and removed INHD2 because they don't have the bandwidth to keep both. Supposedly they are working on adding more bandwidth for later this year....

INHD2 is being phased out, so if you still have INHD2 in your area, then I guess they will keep it looping content until they replace it with a new channel coming later this year.

They are supposed to add new HD channels this year... He could not tell me what because he said some are still in negotiation. They only thing he could reveal was a HD horror movie channel coming in Oct.... hmmm any ideas on that??

So now Comcast in my area now has a total of 2 non-pay HD channels that broadcast HD content 24/7. DHD and INHD... I don't count TNT-HD because half the stuff is stretchovision non-hd content. All other channels only broadcast certain shows or events in HD.
post #16 of 134 Old 06-14-2006, 12:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Just last month, In Demand sent me a survey to fill out.
The questions included how often did I warch INHD and INHD2 in the last month.

I scratched my head and honestly could not remember tuning into INHD2 at all in that month.

If they got rid of the crop-o-vision movies and ran more concerts and sports on INHD2, I probably would have watched it more.

The good news is Comcast now has one fewer excuse to keep HDNET off the system.
post #17 of 134 Old 06-14-2006, 12:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Shing
The good news is Comcast now has one fewer excuse to keep HDNET off the system.
You beat me to it by half a second. Git'er done!

post #18 of 134 Old 06-14-2006, 12:41 PM

Like in many areas,we just got ESPN2 a few days ago.Here in suburban Boston,INHD 2 is often preempted to broadcast Red Sox,Bruins and Celtics games.If INHD2 goes dark,it seems that that would free up a slot for another HD
channel and,perhaps,they'd preempt INHD 1 for the games.
post #19 of 134 Old 06-14-2006, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Looking at future dates at TitanTV, I see programming listed for INHD that is normally shown on INHD2, like Carribbean Escapes, movies, and concerts, along with the usual sports. Combining the two channels should significantly cut down on reruns.

post #20 of 134 Old 06-14-2006, 02:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithaxis
iNhd has three MLB games a week..that is enough for me to keep watching..and some ok concerst...do they need two? nope..but I sure would be upset if both were gone
I love the pq on the MLB games but the fact that there are no stats or graphics make the game hard to follow and annoying, although as ESPN shows its nice to get away from that sometimes. But I've noticed, especially this year for some reason, that commercials cut in late into the game, causing alot of pitches missed. Their coverage needs a huge improvement.
post #21 of 134 Old 06-14-2006, 03:00 PM

Liked: 11
well i havent lost any channels so far. i have comcast and the past couple months we have received tnthd, universal hd, and now espn2hd. im a former voom customer the best sattelite cmpany that i think ever brodcasted. all i need now is the voom channels and for comcast to lower there prices.
post #22 of 134 Old 06-14-2006, 06:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
:eek: You can't possibly be serious. :eek:

When there are people begging for FOOD to be shown in HD, I think channels that show the most beautiful places on earth absolutely need to be in HD. I'd rather see Alaskan snowfields in HD than Alaskan crab on a plate in it. Plus, both the INHD channels have some good content during daytime hours. If someone comes to my house and wants to see what HD programming looks like between 8AM-7PM, what do I show them? The Oprah View? Judge Judy-Brown-Wapner's Divorce Court? Days of our General Hospital Lives? How do I justify showing them this drek when I can show them an IMAX original on space, oceans, or some exotic location that was filmed specifically for big screen viewing? :confused:
You must be confused, because you just proved my point.
post #23 of 134 Old 06-14-2006, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I`d like to see directv get the HD horror channel, i had forgotten about that channel until you guys mentioned it.
post #24 of 134 Old 06-15-2006, 06:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 24
What I see happening is that INHD2 may take on a new name "Mojo"

They are sampling some of its programming on INHD starting next week.
post #25 of 134 Old 06-15-2006, 06:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitchatjf
What I see happening is that INHD2 may take on a new name "Mojo"

They are sampling some of its programming on INHD starting next week.
iN DEMAND'S INHD NETWORK LAUNCHES MOJO, A NEW PROGRAMMING BRAND TARGETING HDTV¡ÇS NEW CLASS OF MEN.
MOJO WILL FUEL THE DIVERSE INTERESTS OF HI DEF'S "ACTIVE AFFLUENTS"

Extensive Slate of Original Series Set to Launch June 18 in Prime Time on INHD

New York May 8, 2006 - iN DEMAND Networks, the company which has long been a pioneer in delivering television content via cutting edge technology, is raising the bar yet again with the launch of MOJO, a branded block of original prime-time series developed specifically for today's discerning hi-definition viewing audience, it was announced today by Robert D. Jacobson, President and CEO of iN DEMAND Networks. A slate of innovative new series is currently in production and will be ready for MOJO's prime-time premiere June 18, 2006 on INHD. This unique program lineup is dedicated to exploring the multi-faceted lives and passions of an upscale psychographic - dubbed "the MOJO men" who are avid but underserved viewers of HDTV.

"In just three years, INHD has successfully built a loyal and enthusiastic following among the early adopters of the hi-def experience," noted Mr. Jacobson. "This audience has grown to want even more than just great quality video. They want an HD destination specifically designed to serve their interests. MOJO is that destination. It is dedicated to being an exhilarating resource for men who live accomplished and adventurous lives, and who have an insatiable appetite for exploration of new worlds, new ideas and new achievements."

THE MOJO PROGRAMMING
The distinctive new MOJO programming covers a gamut of subjects including cuisine and spirits, music, high tech, finance and adventurous travel - all presented with intelligence, wit and style - and with a male point of view which invokes the sensibilities of the upscale men's magazine world. Nine unique series are in development, six of which are set to premiere with the launch of the MOJO block the week of June 18. MOJO can be seen Sundays and Wednesdays in Prime Time (9pm to midnight, EST) with the block repeating during other select day parts. The remaining three series will debut over the next few months.

"We know that the MOJO audience expects programming that¡Çs intelligent, upscale and original," said David Asch, Senior Vice President of Programming, "and we¡Çve delivered a lineup of new shows that are both exhilarating and informative in unusual ways. MOJO will provide fuel for the varied and dynamic interests in men's lives."

http://www.inhd.com/press/pressDetail.jsp?pressId=59

post #26 of 134 Old 06-15-2006, 07:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
HDTV for the Metrosexual man? Is that Mojo?

Arrive
Raise Hell
Leave
post #27 of 134 Old 06-15-2006, 07:33 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
JoeInNVa >> LOL!

Wall Street Warriors? Are u kidding?

In the case of my system, I'd rather that they get rid of INHD2 and put an HD events channel in place, where they would broadcast YES-HD, SNY-HD feeds, and the eventual boxing PPV HD.

Directv since June 2011 and loving it!
Directv wish list: BBC America HD, BBC World News, Fox Deportes HD and ESPN Deportes HD
I miss my Fox Deportes on Sports Pak!
post #28 of 134 Old 06-15-2006, 07:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
DONE!...Oh, you mean you want the PROVIDER to remove the channels. That's another story altogether. :cool:

Wolfie
post #29 of 134 Old 06-15-2006, 07:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
If my local TWC could drop INHD2 and replace it with espn2 or maybe a movie channel like cinemax hd or starz hd I would be in heaven. To me the HD channels look pretty but do not have alot of very good content to keep me interested. Yes there well rounded in what they show but why not produce some good primetime stuff like 24 or Lost not a rehash of those shows but something that would be as good. The Mojo block sounds interesting but if you follow the latest trends metrosexual styling is out so I hope that its not full of crap. So heres hoping that its filled with shows like Get out and Bikini Destinations :D

Xbox Live- DragonsLee

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." - Bruce Lee
post #30 of 134 Old 06-15-2006, 08:05 AM
Advanced Member

Seattle comcast got rid of iNHD2 yesterday I noticed...So they add ESPN2 hd and remove iNHD2...is the comcast bandwidth that used up that they could not add one HD station without removing onother? rediculous..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page