post #361 of 1047 Old 09-26-2006, 10:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Seems like they would have had to jackhammer out the whole garage floor and excavate the whole area to have a chance at finding the loot.

Did you see the nice smooth cuts in the concrete? They actually used an 8" circular concrete saw! Normally you would have to get those at a tool rental place for a hundred bucks a day but that little garden center apparently stocked them. Also they normally spray water over the blade to keep it cool and keep dust from spraying everywhere but there wasn't a drop of water or a spec of dust anywhere.

Since they figured the silo foundation was directly under the garage floor, I was hoping they would have done something smart like hit the floor with hammers to determine what parts of the floor were on the most solid ground (i.e. the foundation). Maybe they cut that scene for more time with T-Bag and the desperate housewife.

The "chase" scene with Tweener was one of the most poorly edited things I've seen in a long time. The dumb guy "outruns" the FBI trucks that are right on his butt and they completely disappear and then suddenly Mahone teleports himself running right behind Tweener.

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 1047 Old 09-26-2006, 10:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked: 423
I really didn't need to see T-bag's nasty teeth in High Definition clarity!

All the scenes in the garage felt like a flashback to last season in the guardhouse.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

post #363 of 1047 Old 09-26-2006, 08:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hmm. . . Lots of issues here I'm afraid.

LDS (Mormon) folk (of which I'm one) are pretty easy to identify by what they wear, how they talk and their mannerisms. Haven't see any yet in the people they have shown in Utah. The woman T-bag engages is about as far from a Mormon as you can get. You'd think if they decided to use Tooele, Utah as a location, they would at least try to portray some Mormon folk. Odd.

Most Utah homes have basements. To portray the sub division as "slapped together" and resting on top without foundations is a real stretch. The whole Utah location is odd to me since they are not portraying it very well at all.

The FBI deduced that Cooper would have had to bury the money within 60 miles of American Fork. Fine, but that 60 miles includes 2 million population Salt Lake City Metro area which would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Somebody remind me again how the FBI ended up in little Tooele. Did he go there because of the call to the small town sherif made by the Garden store shopper? Because if that's the case, there were probably hundreds of other calls coming from metro Salt Lake City that would also be suspicious in nature.

The reunion of the convicts is laughably unrealistic.

Pinpointing where the silo was is laughably unrealistic.

Finding the proper tools to dig through cement in a small town garden shop is laughably unrealistic.

Digging through the garage floor and finding the foundation for the silo just feet below is laughably unrealistic.

Although last week's episode I would rate a 7 out of 10. This episode has slipped back down to 4 out of 10. The good episodes are few and far between this year it appears.

I know this show is not supposed to be that "realistic." But it needs to have some logic and make some sense. Thus far, it's too far off the mark.
post #364 of 1047 Old 09-26-2006, 08:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

The "chase" scene with Tweener was one of the most poorly edited things I've seen in a long time. The dumb guy "outruns" the FBI trucks that are right on his butt and they completely disappear and then suddenly Mahone teleports himself running right behind Tweener.

The drugs Mahone takes give him superhuman speed and strength as well and incredible intellect. You must have missed that part.
post #365 of 1047 Old 09-26-2006, 09:23 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricwhite View Post

Hmm. . . Lots of issues here I'm afraid.

LDS (Mormon) folk (of which I'm one) are pretty easy to identify by what they wear, how they talk and their mannerisms. Haven't see any yet in the people they have shown in Utah. The woman T-bag engages is about as far from a Mormon as you can get. You'd think if they decided to use Tooele, Utah as a location, they would at least try to portray some Mormon folk. Odd.

Most Utah homes have basements. To portray the sub division as "slapped together" and resting on top without foundations is a real stretch. The whole Utah location is odd to me since they are not portraying it very well at all.

The FBI deduced that Cooper would have had to bury the money within 60 miles of American Fork. Fine, but that 60 miles includes 2 million population Salt Lake City Metro area which would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Somebody remind me again how the FBI ended up in little Tooele. Did he go there because of the call to the small town sherif made by the Garden store shopper? Because if that's the case, there were probably hundreds of other calls coming from metro Salt Lake City that would also be suspicious in nature.

The reunion of the convicts is laughably unrealistic.

Pinpointing where the silo was is laughably unrealistic.

Finding the proper tools to dig through cement in a small town garden shop is laughably unrealistic.

Digging through the garage floor and finding the foundation for the silo just feet below is laughably unrealistic.

Although last week's episode I would rate a 7 out of 10. This episode has slipped back down to 4 out of 10. The good episodes are few and far between this year it appears.

I know this show is not supposed to be that "realistic." But it needs to have some logic and make some sense. Thus far, it's too far off the mark.

Very nicely stated...I have now officially made Prison Break...must not see TV...they have jumped the shark way too many times...

Rich Taylor
post #366 of 1047 Old 09-26-2006, 10:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

The drugs Mahone takes give him superhuman speed and strength as well and incredible intellect. You must have missed that part.

Curse this brilliant show! It's outsmarted me once again!

post #367 of 1047 Old 09-26-2006, 10:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Odd that some of you are being so critical of the show only now. This series has always required a suspension of disbelief.
post #368 of 1047 Old 09-26-2006, 11:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

You'd think if they decided to use Tooele, Utah as a location, they would at least try to portray some Mormon folk. Odd.

Then they'd risk stereotyping Mormons. Then the network would get letters. Networks don't like to get letters!

Quote:

I don't think he said without foundations (which is illegal everywhere in the country). He said (or implied) that they'd probably be on slab foundations which aren't uncommon in new houses these days since they don't require much excavation, but then they'd be destroying actual rooms looking for the booty. Naturally they got lucky with the garage which are rarely above basements since supporting the load of a car above a living space is expensive.

However this does not look like a cheap subdivision! Look at the expensive brickwork on the front of the house. The whole "cheap subdivision" didn't make sense and was moot in the end anyway. *sigh*

Quote:

Somebody remind me again how the FBI ended up in little Tooele.

It came to him in a prescription drug induced vision!

Television With Pity is going to have fun shreding this episode!

post #369 of 1047 Old 09-28-2006, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Somebody remind me again how the FBI ended up in little Tooele. Did he go there because of the call to the small town sherif made by the Garden store shopper?

No, it was because of the "stolen" car that Tweener ditched outside of town. Mahone mentions it to the sheriff and how it belonged to a student coming home from St. Louis (where I believe Tweener had been spotted). That's what tipped him to Tooele.

I agree with the other poster that the actor portraying T-bag is a really strong performer.

Can someone explain the different #'s on the origami? What's that all about?

Do not let the perfect be the enemy of the good.
XBL & PSN GT: ProjectGemini07

post #370 of 1047 Old 09-28-2006, 01:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynesjc View Post

Some kind of code, like the dots. Sara will figure it out at some point where it advances the plot for her to do so.
post #371 of 1047 Old 09-28-2006, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by vazel View Post

Odd that some of you are being so critical of the show only now. This series has always required a suspension of disbelief.

Sorry, but if you watched season #1 and this fantasy of a season#2 and don't see a significant difference in the AMOUNT of disbelief required...well...I don't know. This 2nd season is written as though they never thought they'd have a 2nd season and were shocked to be re-newed, causing them to slap this mess together. Sure, some of the stuff in Season 1 was a stretch. But the events in the current shows just defy any logic whatever. Even with a certain amount of "it's a tv show", this one has simply gone off the rails. Read back a ways and see some of the more obvious and ludicrous moments of this season - there are dozens. Last year maintained some ingenuity, suspense and creativity while employing just enough "lucky breaks" or somewhat fanciful occurances to be enjoyable. This has now become a supercop hunts supercon with ever widening gaps in any believability whatever. You can only suspend something so far before it snaps. I think I heard that ...snaaaaaapppp....sound a couple of weeks ago. From the previews, I think more "snapping" is enroute.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
post #372 of 1047 Old 09-28-2006, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I agree with the other poster that the actor portraying T-bag is a really strong performer.

Agree 100%. Robert Knepper is, by far, the best actor in the series and portrays the T-bag character perfectly. No wonder they didn't kill him off. The series would go down the drain without him in it.
post #373 of 1047 Old 09-29-2006, 01:12 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint350 View Post

Well, for me anyway, I can no longer "check my reality meter" at the door. You can only suspend disbelief and logic so far and still enjoy a show that claims intricate suspense and mystery. This has become a cartoon. I actually thought of the Coyote and the RoadRunner at times during the "dig up the garage" scenes. Not to criticize those of you who are contemplating points like the locked door/screwdriver details, but such intricacies are simply overwhelmed by the other abundant and stunningly ridiculous developments that have turned this once fine series into a joke. The doctor's father partly figuring out the plot and phone call to his daughter was the only slight reminiscence of the old thriller/suspense quality of last year. I doubt that that will be enough (for me). This one is perilously close to my personal cancellation.

Very well stated.

Mikey Mo
"Survived Charley, Frances & Ivan. But Jeanne got me."
Anxiously Awaiting 2014 Hurricane Season.
"OAR OR DIE"
They killed the SACD. Bring it back.

post #374 of 1047 Old 09-29-2006, 11:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

However this does not look like a cheap subdivision! Look at the expensive brickwork on the front of the house. The whole "cheap subdivision" didn't make sense and was moot in the end anyway. *sigh*

You've obviously never owned a Toll Brothers house. Those things are big honkin' huge monster house that look beautiful on the outside, but fall apart quickly. Those guys use horrible materials (a friend of mine witnessed them attempting to use badly damaged studs in the bathroom wall of the home they were building for him) and the subcontracters are often shady, at best. After 2 years, there were already large cracks developing in my friend's walls and ceilings.

Those houses look ten times better than the ones I saw on the show and they're horribly built despite prices often in the million dollar range.
post #375 of 1047 Old 09-29-2006, 11:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked: 423
So what's the story on Michael's reference to europeangoldfinch.net? It seems to be a real site about... European gold finches.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

post #376 of 1047 Old 09-29-2006, 11:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

So what's the story on Michael's reference to europeangoldfinch.net? It seems to be a real site about... European gold finches.

I read somewhere that it's a "fake" web site set up by FOX similar to what ABC did with 'Lost'. They will add content relative to the show as the season goes on.
post #377 of 1047 Old 09-29-2006, 11:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

Those guys use horrible materials (a friend of mine witnessed them attempting to use badly damaged studs in the bathroom wall of the home they were building for him) and the subcontracters are often shady, at best. After 2 years, there were already large cracks developing in my friend's walls and ceilings.

Sadly this is typical of all kinds of new houses around here. It's still legal in Oregon to build with green lumber, believe it or not. Most lumber in lumber yards looks like it came from trees cut down yesterday.

It's really hard to tell from the outside how poorly built houses are, much less what kind of foundation they're on. It's more a matter of what the local building codes are and how well they're enforced. It's against code here to put a new foundation on top of an existing foundation and that's really important if you're doing any masonry that would crack during settling. Cheap contractors don't want to deal with this and that's why there's no brick in poorly built houses around here.

post #378 of 1047 Old 10-02-2006, 10:11 PM

Help...10/2/06 recording issue- missed show tonight. What are my options? Is this one avail for download next day? If so, Where?
post #379 of 1047 Old 10-02-2006, 10:28 PM

Itunes or bitorent
post #380 of 1047 Old 10-02-2006, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpepper View Post

Help...10/2/06 recording issue- missed show tonight. What are my options? Is this one avail for download next day? If so, Where?

Fox usually has the past week's episode on its website available for free viewing...can't download it but can watch it on your computer...

Tonight's ending: disturbing.
post #381 of 1047 Old 10-02-2006, 11:28 PM

Quote:

It's a phone number that has been inactive for 19 years and has yet to be explained....
post #382 of 1047 Old 10-02-2006, 11:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpepper View Post

I think it was on FX that they reran last week's episode a day or so later.

I was kind of surprised to see that. When I saw it in the guide, I figured it would be an older episode, but it was the most recent. Can't recall what time it was on, though.

If you have access to the channel, check the schedule.
post #383 of 1047 Old 10-03-2006, 02:18 AM

Poor Tweener...
post #384 of 1047 Old 10-03-2006, 05:20 AM

Rammitinski...thanks for the FX idea. I scanned the link below but did not see on schedule. Maybe a second pair of eyes might see? Thanks
http://www.fxnetworks.com/index.php
post #385 of 1047 Old 10-03-2006, 07:30 AM
Advanced Member

It will be on FOX next Monday if no baseball. The TV Guide info is the same as this week's PB.
post #386 of 1047 Old 10-03-2006, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekGirlCutie View Post

Fox usually has the past week's episode on its website available for free viewing...can't download it but can watch it on your computer...

Tonight's ending: disturbing.

Yeah, I actually saw that one coming. Remember when he was in his backyard, staring at the birdbath? I have a feeling that's where he buried that first guy.

I wonder if he was smart enough to remove the wiretap from Tweener? Under normal circumstances, I'm sure he would, but considering he's gone a bit psycho, who knows?

I have a feeling he's not going to try and take any of these guys alive. He was reprimanded for not taking abruzzi down BEFORE he went into the hotel room. By doing so he made it a standoff, instead of a straight up takedown.

How dumb is Lincoln....? He has to know it's a trap.

I'm no expert....so your mileage may vary
XboxLiveID: archie68
post #387 of 1047 Old 10-03-2006, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekGirlCutie View Post

It's a phone number that has been inactive for 19 years and has yet to be explained....

The two Oragami's they've shown so far have two different numbers. I'm assuming there is a pattern for Sara to put together to determine the actual phone number to call to get in touch with him? I don't know.

Tony
post #388 of 1047 Old 10-03-2006, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteki View Post

Yeah, I actually saw that one coming. Remember when he was in his backyard, staring at the birdbath? I have a feeling that's where he buried that first guy.

I'm not so sure. The more I think about it, the more I think the first story (the one told in the interrogation room about him getting away) is the real story. And now he's determined to not let that happen, so he's going to off the Fox River boys.
post #389 of 1047 Old 10-03-2006, 08:53 AM

I did get to watch the last episodes on last season...

Who's the crazy guy that stole the painting from the old lady? What's his role? He wants to build a raft and go to the windmill? Was he part of the escape? thanks.

- I don't understand Fanboys.
post #390 of 1047 Old 10-03-2006, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

He also is probably working for the bad guys. He said something like "I don't have a problem with you, but "they" do."
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page